Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 1/16/2006 8:16:37 AM EDT
Dyson vacuum cleaners suck royally!!!  Get my drift?  These things absolutely ROCK!  Just bought a DC14 All Floors model, took it home, put it together and let the fun begin.  I took my other vacuum that I've had for about 6 years (it's in perfect condition)  and went over a patch of carpet in my living room 3 times.  I then took the Dyson and went over the same area once and you would not believe the crap it picked up.  It's soooo cool being able to see the shit get sucked up into the clear bin and the suction is incredible!  I actually like vacuuming now...what's with that?  I highly reccommend the Dysons.    I also got a smokin deal because Bed, Bath and Beyond honors their 20% off coupon for the Dysons, whereas most places do not accept coupons on the Dysons.  It knoeked 86 bucks off the tab!!!!!!  
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 8:19:39 AM EDT
[#1]
Thanks for the review. I've been looking at those for a while now. Where did you get this coupon?

Kris
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 8:24:09 AM EDT
[#2]
...I just think things should work properly...
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 8:24:21 AM EDT
[#3]
There seems to be two camps in the Dyson arena...those that love them and those that think they are crap.

Not to knock you, Diver, but I am guessing you are not a "Vaccum Expert" and would like to hear from someone who knows their stuff about them.

Perhaps if you went over the same patch again with your old vaccum with a fresh bag, it too would have picked up a bunch more crap as well that you could see.

Or, go over a patch of carpet three times with the Dyson, clean the thing out, then go over the same patch again.  Still getting a bunch of crap?

Perhaps some arfcommer out there can do a little at home test with their Dyson vs. Brand X...perhaps a Hoover Windtunnel (cuz that is what I have )
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 8:24:49 AM EDT
[#4]
I get them in the mail about once a month...I only buy stuff when I have a coupon in hand...why pay retail?
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 8:25:44 AM EDT
[#5]
I got my wife the DC7 Animal for Christmas and she loves it.  Only drawback is the detachable hose is kind of hard to use due to the 2-foot tube inside - makes it hard to use in tight spots.  

I saved $50 on mine at Target by opening an account with them.
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 8:27:35 AM EDT
[#6]
My wife got one last year...  It works pretty damn good.  The first time I used it I was trying to figure out how in the hell to empty the canister.  So, after pulling the deal off the vacuum I'm standing next to the trash can scratching my head.  then I go, "I guess you pull this thing.......................  ahhhhhh shit!"  I dumped all the stuff that I just sucked out of the floor BACK ON TO THE FLOOR.  it was pretty funny.  One of those "Well that was stupid" moments.  

~Dg84
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 8:29:21 AM EDT
[#7]
+1 for they kick ass!!
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 8:56:26 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
There seems to be two camps in the Dyson arena...those that love them and those that think they are crap.

Not to knock you, Diver, but I am guessing you are not a "Vaccum Expert" and would like to hear from someone who knows their stuff about them.

Perhaps if you went over the same patch again with your old vaccum with a fresh bag, it too would have picked up a bunch more crap as well that you could see.

Or, go over a patch of carpet three times with the Dyson, clean the thing out, then go over the same patch again.  Still getting a bunch of crap?

Perhaps some arfcommer out there can do a little at home test with their Dyson vs. Brand X...perhaps a Hoover Windtunnel (cuz that is what I have )

If you want a vaccum that works, buy an Electrolux.

The real comparison would be to compare a Dyson to an Electrolux and see who comes out the winner. Electroluxes maintain suction until the bag is almost totally full.
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 9:01:00 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
I got my wife the DC7 Animal for Christmas and she loves it.  Only drawback is the detachable hose is kind of hard to use due to the 2-foot tube inside - makes it hard to use in tight spots.  

I saved $50 on mine at Target by opening an account with them.

Ummm dude... tube comes out. that is the wand... they put that in there for ease of storage. You slide it out and reverse it to attach to the handle.

BTW... Ive done the SAME test with a fresh bag in my old vacuum and it was done picking up. Went to the Dyson and filled the canister about 1/4 of the way with fine dust and sand... Disgusting!

Yes DYSON rocks!
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 9:01:20 AM EDT
[#10]
We still have our old Kirby that we bought in the late 70's. Still running strong.
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 9:03:07 AM EDT
[#11]
If any vacuum maintains suction until the bag is almost full, the Dyson does that too.  AND....get this, you don't have to buy any bags for the Dyson.  Seems like a no-brainer to me!  

As far as the wand goes, just extend it so the metal tube isn't inside the hose and the mobility problem is solved!
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 9:03:40 AM EDT
[#12]
If you care what CR thinks:

RECOMMENDATIONS & NOTES
A very good bagless vac, but has confusing controls. Easier to use than the comparable Dyson DC07 when using wand with attachments. Hose longer than most. Noisy. Hard to push and pull. No headlamp. HEPA filter (washable): $17.50.  

From what they say, they are good, but there are better out there, for less money.
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 9:06:46 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

We had a Windtunnel before our Dyson.  It was a great vacuum, but the Dyson is far superior.  Our windtunnel had the "clean" sensor that would go green when all dirt was supposedly removed.  

When we first bought the Dyson we took it over an area the Hoover had gone green on and it still pulled up more dirt.

Even without a comparison test, If you have a dog or cat the Dyson proves itself the very first time you use it.  Pet hair is not an issue anymore because of this thing.  

Link Posted: 1/16/2006 9:08:42 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
If you care what CR thinks:

Actually, I dont and I will tell you why. I have seen them SO screw up reviews in an industry that I know about, How can I trust them in industries I dont know about?

I am talking about MAJOR screw ups. To put it in perspective, Its like they took a Bushmaster, colt, Armalite and a LORCIN and compared them and said the LORCIN was the quality product.

ETA: This was NOT a shot at you JVIC... Its a shot at CR and their credibility.
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 9:09:53 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

If things should just work properly then why does he have a number of different models to do the same job?  They are all for cleaning carpet, right?

Since I am looking at getting a new vacuum here soon, I am interested to see what is said here.
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 9:11:35 AM EDT
[#16]
Interesting....but I've yet to find one that can beat the Rainbow.
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 9:13:28 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Ive seen one that was incredible but the customer told be it had something like a 1500.00 price tag... NO THANKS! I dont want to take out a second mortage just to vacuum my home. Let me see if I can find it for you guys

Found it!

This was used by the US Gov to clean all sub assemblies of the patriot missle systems so the suction has GOT to be good.

www.homedefensesystem.com/
Notice on the side it has links to click for testimonials of all brands of former vacuum customers... Notice there is NO former Dyson customers.

Link Posted: 1/16/2006 9:13:50 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

If things should just work properly then why does he have a number of different models to do the same job?  They are all for cleaning carpet, right?

Uhhhhh....   I guess.   I don't know.  I was just quoting the commercial.

I'm a hardwood floor kind of guy, myself.
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 9:38:33 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
If any vacuum maintains suction until the bag is almost full, the Dyson does that too.  AND....get this, you don't have to buy any bags for the Dyson.  Seems like a no-brainer to me!  

As far as the wand goes, just extend it so the metal tube isn't inside the hose and the mobility problem is solved!

And lets see if your grandchildren are still using your Dyson vaccum with good results.

I know there are several Electrolux vaccums in my family that have been passed down for 3 generations.

Electroluxes do a good job AND they last because they are solidly built.
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 9:40:05 AM EDT
[#20]
20% off at Linens coupon.   That's $100 off.  They rock.
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 9:44:11 AM EDT
[#21]
Are there any dyson models good for long hair? Us hippies leave hairballs on the carpet and they bind up the belt that runs the roller.

-Foxxz
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 9:55:43 AM EDT
[#22]
I want one of those new Dyson Toilets.
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 9:59:08 AM EDT
[#23]
You have conclusively proven that a brand new vacuum will pick up more dirt than a 6 year old vacuum, of course you didn't even need to plug them in to figure that out, virtually any new vac will outperform any 6 year old vac.  The 6 year old might look good, but unless it hasn't been used it's got 6 years of wear and tear, the motor probably doesn't have as much power as when it was new, the belt is probably not as good as it was, and you can count on the brushes being worn, simply put, it's an apple and oranges comparison.
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 10:01:37 AM EDT
[#24]

Talking about vaccuums on a gun board. Did you like "Brokeback Mountain" too?
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 10:02:05 AM EDT
[#25]

Thanks to Dyson, we ain't found sh!t
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 10:04:22 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
Are there any dyson models good for long hair? Us hippies leave hairballs on the carpet and they bind up the belt that runs the roller.

-Foxxz

+ fricking 1!  I live with him ^
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 10:06:13 AM EDT
[#27]
my main complaint about canister vacs you still get a face full of dust when you empty it.
I'll stick with my antiquated bagged vac
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 10:11:14 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

I haven't either!

Used Rainbows can be had inexpensively and they are rebuildable.

BigDozer66
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 10:52:31 AM EDT
[#29]
Wow...the responses so far!

As far as comparing a 6 year old vacuum to a new one...how many have posted that an old Electrolux rocks and an old Rainbow is the shit compared to a new Dyson?????  WTF  So I can't compare a top of the line Eureka that is in perfect condition to the Dyson?

Discussing vacuums on the GENERAL DISCUSSION BOARD is like going to see Bareback Mountain????  WTF...isn't this a GD board???  Did I post it under the fucking handgun forum????????  No I f-ing didn't, did I?

And another thing...I don't intend to pass down among 12 fucking generations of family a stupid-ass vacuum cleaner.  I would think china sets, heirlooms, watches, jewlery, photos, miltary awards, and valuable stuff like that.  Not a freakin dirty-ass, banged up vacuum with old technology.  Definitely not on the list of shit I want to inherit!

I just wanted to post that I'm happy with my informed purchase and it definitely performs awesome!

Link Posted: 1/16/2006 10:55:29 AM EDT
[#30]
Also, keep buying the bags if you like.  I got more dust in my face changing the Eurekas bags fighting the little bastard out of the housing than I did sticking the Dysons cannister into a kitchen trash bag and pulling the "trigger" (always fun for us arfcommers...right?)
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 10:59:07 AM EDT
[#31]
Posting stuff in GD is going to get responses. What did you expect?
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 11:04:35 AM EDT
[#32]
I just fail to see the logic in some of the posts...that's all!
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 11:06:19 AM EDT
[#33]
I have heard good things about those, but they are rather expensive.
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 11:08:14 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Quoted:

And lets see if your grandchildren are still using your Dyson vaccum with good results.

I know there are several Electrolux vaccums in my family that have been passed down for 3 generations.

Electroluxes do a good job AND they last because they are solidly built.

Try to find one that is built that well these days.  Please.

My youngest brother worked for Kirby for a couple of weeks . . . they were just conning him that they were actually going to pay him.  Considering retail on those things is $1500 plus . . . good luck selling them door-to-door.
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 1:34:48 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
Try to find one that is built that well these days.  Please.

My youngest brother worked for Kirby for a couple of weeks . . . they were just conning him that they were actually going to pay him.  Considering retail on those things is $1500 plus . . . good luck selling them door-to-door.

Elextrolux vaccums are still built well.

No door to door sales necessary.
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 1:36:26 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
And another thing...I don't intend to pass down among 12 fucking generations of family a stupid-ass vacuum cleaner.  I would think china sets, heirlooms, watches, jewlery, photos, miltary awards, and valuable stuff like that.  Not a freakin dirty-ass, banged up vacuum with old technology.  Definitely not on the list of shit I want to inherit!

Well there is an old saying that has proven true over the years:

You can buy one Electrolux, or you can buy the other guy's vaccums again and again and again and again and again.....

Buying a product that does a good job and buying it one time makes a lot of sense to me...
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 1:49:02 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Perhaps some arfcommer out there can do a little at home test with their Dyson vs. Brand X...perhaps a Hoover Windtunnel (cuz that is what I have hr

A vacuum expert, you mean like the Dyson guy Seriously, if I studied something as mundane as a vacuum cleaner, I better be making some dough off of it.
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 1:58:28 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 2:14:51 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You can buy one Electrolux, or you can buy the other guy's vaccums again and again and again and again and again.....

Buying a product that does a good job and buying it one time makes a lot of sense to me...

Yeah but that saying came out before the Dyson did...

Dyson is SO kick ass that they were originally gonna call it "Chuck Norris" but that name was already taken.
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 2:37:16 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Dyson is SO kick ass that they were originally gonna call it "Chuck Norris" but that name was already taken.

My wife bought one, the purple one, and I thought she was nuts until I used it.  That thing is the best I have seen.  Once you figure out how to use it it is simplicity in motion.

Link Posted: 1/16/2006 2:43:54 PM EDT
[#41]
my neighbor bought a refurbished unit.  I believe he got the purple one...

according to him it's amazing and I myself am contemplating one.

(owner of two dogs and two cats)
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 2:56:33 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

This is true.....they were going to name it the Chuck Norris "Roundhouse" model but were then threatened with severe, debilitating punishment from the Chuckster
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 3:06:34 PM EDT
[#43]
i have a oreck and a hover v-twin.. the vtwin is 100x better then the oreck, but its so cheep, it got f'ed up in less then a year and it needs new roller brushes..
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 3:25:44 PM EDT
[#44]
one word:

NILFISK
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 3:27:17 PM EDT
[#45]
Yeah I bought an open box Dyson at Best Buy since it was quite a bit cheaper.  Been pretty impressed with it so far.  Cleans really well and is much easier to clean than the bag-types.
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 3:37:25 PM EDT
[#46]
Dyson....shhh too much work.

Got the Robot for Christmas.  Love it.  Amazed at what he pickes up.  He wakes up at 6AM and sweeps the house.  Picks up cat hair, bird seeds and feathers, wife's long hair, cheerios (1 year old).  Saves me time to go to the range.

We empty him once a day.  Still cant belive how much he picks up!

I never would have belived it, but Robbie is a great adition to our house.

Link Posted: 1/16/2006 5:50:29 PM EDT
[#47]
I bought one for my wife and I can't believe how much shit that fucking thing picks up! I find myself using it more than her.   Dyson Rocks!!!
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 7:09:41 PM EDT
[#48]
Referb. Dysons are on Ebay for about 330.00 shipped. Wonder if it's worth the referb. risk to save about $100.00.  My vaccum crapped out today so I may be picking up a Dyson. My mom had an Electrolux for 15 years, but they are like $1500/$2000 , too rich for my pocket.
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 7:46:58 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:
I bought one for my wife and I can't believe how much shit that fucking thing picks up! I find myself using it more than her.   Dyson Rocks!!!

Same here... and I HATE upright vacuum cleaners.
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 8:38:19 PM EDT
[#50]
He?

Quoted:
Dyson....shhh too much work.

Got the Robot for Christmas.  Love it.  Amazed at what he pickes up.  He wakes up at 6AM and sweeps the house.  Picks up cat hair, bird seeds and feathers, wife's long hair, cheerios (1 year old).  Saves me time to go to the range.

We empty him once a day.  Still cant belive how much he picks up!

I never would have belived it, but Robbie is a great adition to our house.

www.irobotstore.com/IMAGES/iRobot/Scheduler_128x128.jpg

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top