User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 8:39:45 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

Quoted:
There seems to be two camps in the Dyson arena...those that love them and those that think they are crap.

Not to knock you, Diver, but I am guessing you are not a "Vaccum Expert" and would like to hear from someone who knows their stuff about them.

Perhaps if you went over the same patch again with your old vaccum with a fresh bag, it too would have picked up a bunch more crap as well that you could see.

Or, go over a patch of carpet three times with the Dyson, clean the thing out, then go over the same patch again.  Still getting a bunch of crap?

Perhaps some arfcommer out there can do a little at home test with their Dyson vs. Brand X...perhaps a Hoover Windtunnel (cuz that is what I have )

If you want a vaccum that works, buy an Electrolux. Kirby

Link Posted: 1/16/2006 8:54:47 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
one word:

NILFISK

Now there is a man that knows his vacuums.
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 8:58:48 PM EDT
[#3]
My Kirby will kick your Dyson's ass.
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 9:23:57 PM EDT
[#4]
Today at the range, my Dyson sucked a bullet off course.
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 11:01:53 PM EDT
[#5]
Never dare tried BUT in theory if you were to have TWO Dysons in a room and point them in the same direction, It WILL cause the earth to reverse rotation.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 5:27:15 AM EDT
[#6]
Bought the Dyson Animal for the wife a few months ago.  Hard to justify spending all that money on the thing but I'm glad I did.  That bastard sucks all kinds of crap out.  I'm sure the Kirby or Orecks are just as good.  It's like Ford vs Chevy.  Got a Chevy now but I think I'm going with a Ford in the fall.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 5:34:55 AM EDT
[#7]
We've had ours for about three years now.  Picked it up right after they became available here in America.  Best damn vacuum cleaner we've ever owned...bar none.

Until you've used one, you can't really appreciate just how well the Dyson works.  We did the same test.  We vacuumed the house using our Hoover, then bought the Dyson and used it over the same areas, just a couple of hours after using the other machine.  The results were nothing short of amazing.

Glad you like yours!  
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 5:36:20 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I got my wife the DC7 Animal for Christmas and she loves it.  Only drawback is the detachable hose is kind of hard to use due to the 2-foot tube inside - makes it hard to use in tight spots.  

I saved $50 on mine at Target by opening an account with them.

Ummm dude... tube comes out. that is the wand... they put that in there for ease of storage. You slide it out and reverse it to attach to the handle.

www.dyson.com/range/feature_images/dc07/wand.jpg

BTW... Ive done the SAME test with a fresh bag in my old vacuum and it was done picking up. Went to the Dyson and filled the canister about 1/4 of the way with fine dust and sand... Disgusting!

Yes DYSON rocks!

Listen up you non-believers!  This from Mr. Appliance Himself!
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 5:39:16 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
My wife just bought one and we are waiting for it to arrive.
I was about to be very pissed till I read your post

Sylvan, you will NOT be disappointed.  Momma will be happy and there will be peace and tranquility in your abode...to say nothing of the clean floors!  
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 8:16:02 AM EDT
[#10]
You know what i find funny, People that bought them rave about them yet the people who knock them DONT have one. I would like to find a Dyson owner to say... "Eh, I dont care for it" and give me a valid reason.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 8:16:35 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
I got my wife the DC7 Animal for Christmas and she loves it.  Only drawback is the detachable hose is kind of hard to use due to the 2-foot tube inside - makes it hard to use in tight spots.  

I saved $50 on mine at Target by opening an account with them.

Ummm dude... tube comes out. that is the wand... they put that in there for ease of storage. You slide it out and reverse it to attach to the handle.

www.dyson.com/range/feature_images/dc07/wand.jpg

BTW... Ive done the SAME test with a fresh bag in my old vacuum and it was done picking up. Went to the Dyson and filled the canister about 1/4 of the way with fine dust and sand... Disgusting!

Yes DYSON rocks!

Listen up you non-believers!  This from Mr. Appliance Himself!

Why thank You sir.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 8:24:23 AM EDT
[#12]
The Dyson Animal saved my dog's life.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 8:41:06 AM EDT
[#13]
I have a Sears gift card for $200.00, so I went to Sears to pick up a Dyson. I had with me a 20% off coupon from "Bed,Bath and Beyond" and asked the sales lady if they would except it, she said "sure"! We get to the register and the sales lady looks at the fine print on the coupon. It says in fine print, coupon cannot be used on Dyson products, among others. So she would not except it, it would have taken about $110.00 off the price. So I walked out and told her I would buy it at BBB. BUT, I'll try another Sears, maybe they will not look at the fine print or maybe I'll just cut that portion off the coupon.
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 11:42:06 PM EDT
[#14]
Looks like this is the sonofabitch to get...at Sam's Club.  The Dyson DC15 Total Clean Vacuum.  I think it has all the gear "The Animal" has and more.

www.samsclub.com/eclub/main_shopping.jsp?coe=0&oidPath=0%3a-23541%3a-42505%3a-42513%3a-43023%3a-43045%3a-43051%3a950299&mt=a&n=0&BV_SessionID=_SC_0751548413.1137659681_CS_&BV_EngineID=ccckaddgkjieflfcfkfcfkjdgoodflf.0
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 12:01:56 AM EDT
[#15]
Ours lasted for a year, and then quit.

The motor runs, but no suckage.

The gal who cleans our house said she has seen the same thing happen at other homes she works in with Dysons.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 3:19:57 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Ours lasted for a year, and then quit.

The motor runs, but no suckage.

The gal who cleans our house said she has seen the same thing happen at other homes she works in with Dysons.

You aren't the first person I have heard with such complaints.

Meanwhile my grandmother's "old" and "outdated" electrolux is still running 30 years after she bought it, and it is still doing a good job of it.

Link Posted: 1/19/2006 3:28:59 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
My wife got one last year...  It works pretty damn good.  The first time I used it I was trying to figure out how in the hell to empty the canister.  So, after pulling the deal off the vacuum I'm standing next to the trash can scratching my head.  then I go, "I guess you pull this thing.......................  ahhhhhh shit!"  I dumped all the stuff that I just sucked out of the floor BACK ON TO THE FLOOR.  it was pretty funny.  One of those "Well that was stupid" moments.  

~Dg84

You are quite the romantic, aren't you?
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top