Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 12/17/2005 2:04:02 PM EDT
I stopped by my local Sam's Club to look for a few gift ideas this afternoon.  Not finding anything worth buying I decided to leave.  With my keys in my hand I make for the exit.  There are about 30 people online waiting like inmates waiting to be searched by Sam's Gestapo.  Having made no purchase I pass by the line and head for the door.  I am about to wish the older receipt checker lady a Merry Christmas when she grabs my arm and says "Sir, you can't leave yet."

"Excuse me?"  

Still firmly holding my arm she says "you need to wait on line to be checked."  

"I didn't buy anything."  I said trying to be polite.

"Sir, you need to get back on line."  She said more forcefully.

With clenched jaws and a calm but confident gutteral tone I replied "Ma'am, you need to let go of my arm."

The other checker told her to let me go since I obviosly hadn't bought anything.   I hate people sometimes.
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 2:05:19 PM EDT
[#1]
she technically committed unlawful arrest.
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 2:06:39 PM EDT
[#2]
Old lady would have a snapped wrist
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 2:06:48 PM EDT
[#3]
Sue them!
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 2:07:54 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 2:08:49 PM EDT
[#5]
That's a new one ... maybe she just wanted to check out your biceps ....
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 2:09:11 PM EDT
[#6]
Its only a matter of time before Midnight-Sniper ends up shooting one of them.
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 2:10:20 PM EDT
[#7]
Someone needs to print out a few shirts with sayings like...

"If you try to check my Receipt....  I'm gonna _____"

"Door checkers __________"

Fill in the blanks yourself.  

Then wear them in Walmart, Costco etc...
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 2:10:22 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
she technically committed unlawful arrest.

Battery: Florida Title XLVI, Chapter 784

784.03  Battery; felony battery.--

(1)(a)  The offense of battery occurs when a person:

1.  Actually and intentionally touches or strikes another person against the will of the other; or

2.  Intentionally causes bodily harm to another person.

ETA: False Imprisonment:

787.02  False imprisonment; false imprisonment of child under age 13, aggravating circumstances.--

(1)(a)  The term "false imprisonment" means forcibly, by threat, or secretly confining, abducting, imprisoning, or restraining another person without lawful authority and against her or his will.

(b)  Confinement of a child under the age of 13 is against her or his will within the meaning of this section if such confinement is without the consent of her or his parent or legal guardian.

(2)  A person who commits the offense of false imprisonment is guilty of a felony of the third degree, punishable as provided in s. 775.082, s. 775.083, or s. 775.084.

(3)(a)  A person who commits the offense of false imprisonment upon a child under the age of 13 and who, in the course of committing the offense, commits any offense enumerated in subparagraphs 1.-5., commits a felony of the first degree, punishable by imprisonment for a term of years not exceeding life or as provided in s. 775.082, s. 775.083, or s. 775.084.

Link Posted: 12/17/2005 2:11:06 PM EDT
[#9]
You've got to wonder what the hell is going on at Walmart and Sam's club?
Are they brow-beating these old people to badger every single customer?
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 2:11:17 PM EDT
[#10]
I would have went Chuck Norris on her and broken her hand.
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 2:12:25 PM EDT
[#11]
i would have complained to the manager, the receipt checker here usually can't speak English.
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 2:13:33 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
I would have went Chuck Norris on her and broken her hand.

Chuck norris would have went down on her to shut her up.  
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 2:17:13 PM EDT
[#13]
That is pretty aggressive behaviour for a receipt checker. I would not have hit her or anything, but I would not have asked her to let go either, she would have figured it out soon enough. What is amazing is probably the number of zombies who do as told and get in line.
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 2:19:04 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
I stopped by my local Sam's Club to look for a few gift ideas this afternoon.  Not finding anything worth buying I decided to leave.  With my keys in my hand I make for the exit.  There are about 30 people online waiting like inmates waiting to be searched by Sam's Gestapo.  Having made no purchase I pass by the line and head for the door.  I am about to wish the older receipt checker lady a Merry Christmas when she grabs my arm and says "Sir, you can't leave yet."

"Excuse me?"  

With clenched jaws and a calm but confident gutteral tone I replied "Ma'am, you need to let go of my arm."

The other checker told her to let me go since I obviosly hadn't bought anything.   I hate people sometimes.

She was hitting on you...
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 2:22:25 PM EDT
[#15]
[internet lawyer mode]If you are a member (like @Sam's) then you agree to their terms, however if it was a public store (like @Wal*Mart), you have full rights....[/internet lawyer mode]
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 2:24:34 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

"Excuse me?"  

She was hitting on you...

+1

She will be fantasizing about him tonight.

Next time, she will show no mercy... and a week later a cryptic post will appear: "helllp, I aaam beiiing hhheld prisonnnner byy thee checkkkkout laaaady, I caaan't tyype well becauuse sheee slaaathers me in baaaby oiiil, yikes, shee's baack"
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 2:25:19 PM EDT
[#17]
"As her fingers snapped from being bent back to her wrist, I would have...."

NTSA
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 2:26:13 PM EDT
[#18]
What makes sams so different from walmart?

Oh, no checker woman and the use of a really annoying alarm if merchandise is not accounted for.

why can't Sams get an damn alarm system rather than hound people as they walk out?
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 2:29:49 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
[internet lawyer mode]If you are a member (like @Sam's) then you agree to their terms, however if it was a public store (like @Wal*Mart), you have full rights....[/internet lawyer mode]

That would be apply if I had made a purchase.  But with nothing in my hands except for my keys, it was obvious no purchase was made.
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 2:33:33 PM EDT
[#20]
Maybe her hands were cold.
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 2:34:01 PM EDT
[#21]
If you were serioursly offended then go/call the store and make a complaint. Chances are good she will lose her job. Then call the police and make a report of an assault.
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 2:34:29 PM EDT
[#22]

Epsilon minus  job.  

Epsilon minus performance.
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 2:35:46 PM EDT
[#23]
I'd have screamed "RAPE" as loud as I could.
Then I'd have emptied my bladder,while sobbing incontrollably.
But that's just me.
Bet she wouldn't do THAT again.

+1 on Adam dvr9.Dude made the show.
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 2:36:02 PM EDT
[#24]
Also, most the time when I go to Sam's I go with my brother, we usually buy the same or similar items nd pay separately, but everything's in the same cart. When we leave, we usually only show them ONE receipt.... then we go tell their manager that the door screening is pointless since their people aren't even doing their job-- especially when you have DOUBLE the amount of products! They get pissed... however, if I go by myself, I will usually try to skip the receipt checker-- kind of like a game-- I own the items I paid for, end of story.

Also, usually, like at Fry's, I just walk right through and ignore them. If I paid for MY items, I own them and just keep on walking-- they have no right to search me as I've passed their cash registers to get to the door.

Link Posted: 12/17/2005 2:40:25 PM EDT
[#25]
It's because you're a black man.
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 2:42:58 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

"Excuse me?"  

dvr9,
come toChicago where you don't get hassled at Sam's or Wal-Mart.  
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 4:33:20 PM EDT
[#27]
2 pages and no "YOU SHOULD HAVE DRAWED DOWN".
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 4:40:16 PM EDT
[#28]
YOU SHOULD HAVE DRAWN DOWN!!!!

DAMN YOU!!!
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 4:44:06 PM EDT
[#29]
Having been on the other side you have to understand the amount of theft that occurs.  Especially in the lower SES areas.  If they didnt watch the store people would walk away with it.

But she would have been sorry if she touched me.
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 4:50:55 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Link Posted: 12/18/2005 4:57:03 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:

very strange... appears to be a part from some sort of robotic platypus...

Link Posted: 12/18/2005 5:36:51 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
Having been on the other side you have to understand the amount of theft that occurs.  Especially in the lower SES areas.  If they didnt watch the store people would walk away with it.

That thefts do occur does not give an employee the right to forcibly detain some random person against their will.  If there is someone who can attest to the individual having stolen something, that's a different story.  There is no reason why someone who didn't buy anything should need to wait in line to have their receipt checked.  What's the moron going to do when he gets to the front of the line and doesn't have a receipt?  Make him go back and buy something so he does have one?

Escalating the level of force against someone who does not constitute a credible threat is just retarded.  With the unrestrained hand, pull out your cell phone and call 911.  I would find great humor in the police explaining to someone that they are going to jail because they committed a crime against the nice man with a gun.  Most people who do stupid things like this don't fully realize that there are consequences for their actions.  Until they experience them, they're not going to get it.
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 5:39:36 AM EDT
[#33]
When you joined Sams Club you agreed to show your reciept at the door and to be checked before you leave.  Don't you even read the shit that you sign your name to?
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 5:42:10 AM EDT
[#34]
F Sams  try these guys

www.bjs.com

FLORIDA

Boynton Beach
Cape Coral
Cutler Ridge
Hialeah
Hollywood
Homestead
Jacksonville
Jensen Beach
Kendall
Kissimmee
Melbourne
Merritt Island
Orange Park
Orlando - I-4 at Conroy Rd.
Orlando - Waterford Lakes area
Parkland
Pembroke Pines
Royal Palm Beach
Sanford
Sarasota
Sunrise
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 5:44:24 AM EDT
[#35]
i just walk right by them and they never say a word.
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 5:49:21 AM EDT
[#36]
Why does the lady always wave me thru and never check my bags? Do you guys look homeless or something?
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 5:50:07 AM EDT
[#37]
I would have said  "It's ok Miss,I'm from the internet and I am here to help".
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 5:51:55 AM EDT
[#38]
Sams is owned by WALMART!  
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 5:54:15 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

DUh!
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 5:55:19 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
When you joined Sams Club you agreed to show your reciept at the door and to be checked before you leave.  Don't you even read the shit that you sign your name to?

That's very interesting.  Do you even read the threads you post to?  The guy said he didn't buy anything, so one would logically conclude that he had no receipt to show.
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 5:58:35 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

www.momathome.com/viewfromhome/images/2005/08/vaginal%20speculum.jpg

212.84.179.117/i/Duck-billed%20Platypus.jpg

Its a speculum, used for looking in the pie to check for warts or whatever.

Kharn
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 6:01:46 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

www.momathome.com/viewfromhome/images/2005/08/vaginal%20speculum.jpg

212.84.179.117/i/Duck-billed%20Platypus.jpg

Its a speculum, used for looking in the pie to check for warts or whatever.

Kharn

Why would a robotic platypus want to look in a vagina?
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 6:04:35 AM EDT
[#43]
Some vaginas you DON'T want to look into.
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 6:04:49 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Quoted:

DUh!

Well Walmart is EVIL  

Another member here had a run-in with an EVIL Walmart receipt checker
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 6:05:29 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

One more time for those of you who might be slow or haven't had your coffee yet.

I didn't buy anything.  I had nothing in my hands except for my keys.
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 6:08:06 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Quoted:

One more time for those of you who might be slow or haven't had your coffee yet.

READ WHAT YOU SIGN.
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 7:03:03 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Epsilon minus  job.  

Epsilon minus performance.

I wonder how many here get that.
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 7:05:54 AM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

READ WHAT YOU SIGN.

I have and it says nothing about agreeing to be searched if no puchase has been made.  The fact that I am on their property does not authorize them to detain or search my body.  If I had made a purchase, then yes, I agree (I don't like it, but I agreed to it as part of membership) to be checked prior to exiting the store.
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 7:07:59 AM EDT
[#49]
You mean they pull that shit there too?

After PAYING to be a member they still shake you down at the door?

I'd have removed her hand from me.

The idjits at Wally World always blather on about how they are authorized by the sheriff to check my purchase or some crap, I tell them I'd be more than happy to talk to a deputy and keep walking.
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 7:10:23 AM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

Interesting. Didn't consider that.

Now I know why I never paid money to shop in a store.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top