BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 7:13:42 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
she technically committed unlawful arrest.

+1.  

I'm not in the usual "bash the reciept checker" crowd, but, that was obviously
illegal.

At the very least, I'd be taking it up the chain.
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 7:18:24 AM EDT
[#2]
First of all dvr9 that lady was way out of line. You should have started signing and talking like you have downs syndrome [sp?] IIn't nidn't buy anyding.........whut umm part of dat non't dyou understannnn?

I was price checking a digital camera at Sams yesterday and walked right out past about 10 people without buying anything......and wasn't stopped!

I would assume that they check because they don't have those anti-shoplifting tags in the products at Sams to keep prices lower. To me it is not a big deal to be checked.

I also went back to Sams for the Digital Camera. It was $70 cheaper than anywhere else and came with a dock.
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 8:14:56 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:
When you joined Sams Club you agreed to show your reciept at the door and to be checked before you leave.  Don't you even read the shit that you sign your name to?

That's very interesting.  Do you even read the threads you post to?  The guy said he didn't buy anything, so one would logically conclude that he had no receipt to show.

It does not matter - he must be a member to enter Sam's and therefore must abide by the terms he agreed to in his contract.
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 11:10:28 AM EDT
[#4]

I'm calling BULLSHIT on this one . Especially the part about grabbing the arm .  We haven't had a WalMart / Sams bashing thread in a while and he got over - anxious .  
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 11:17:02 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
When you joined Sams Club you agreed to show your reciept at the door and to be checked before you leave.  Don't you even read the shit that you sign your name to?

But, he claims he didn't buy anything and, therefore would not have had a receipt to be checked.   (You would, of course, be correct had he bought anything and had a receipt.)  It is an interesting scenario, though.  Without a purchase, what is the implication?  Do they think they check my pockets? (just being facetious)
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 11:25:38 AM EDT
[#6]
What really cracks me up about Sam's Club is that the cashiers open every factory sealed box.  It does not matter if it is a box of padded envelopes or a large screen TV whose box is secured by those large PIA staples.
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 11:29:34 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

That's very interesting.  Do you even read the threads you post to?  The guy said he didn't buy anything, so one would logically conclude that he had no receipt to show.

It does not matter - he must be a member to enter Sam's and therefore must abide by the terms he agreed to in his contract.

Exactly what friggin terms allow a receipt checker to stop you and check for a receipt  that you DO NOT HAVE,  because you haven't bought anything?

He's obviously a member, but did not choose to buy anything on this trip.  

What the hell are you people talking about ?  Do you know, and can quote,  the Sam's Club terms that allow an employee to stop a member from walking out of their store after NOT PURCHASING anything?  If not then what the hell are you blathering about?

Link Posted: 12/18/2005 11:31:46 AM EDT
[#8]
[rumour]some Sam's Club door checkers work for shadowy .gov agencies[/rumour]

Link Posted: 12/18/2005 11:48:41 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
[rumour]some Sam's Club door checkers work for shadowy .gov agencies[/rumour]

That's right. And now they have a sample of his DNA.  She secretly probed him.  Now the robot platypus all makes sense.

R.
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 11:53:41 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:
[internet lawyer mode]If you are a member (like @Sam's) then you agree to their terms, however if it was a public store (like @Wal*Mart), you have full rights....[/internet lawyer mode]

Interesting. Didn't consider that.

Now I know why I never paid money to shop in a store.

It's not an accurate statement.  They still don't have a legal right to search you.  All they could do is revoke your membership.  
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 11:55:29 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Sigh.  That still does not give them the right to search him.  All they can do if he refuses is revoke his membership.  It's not like a cop would say "well, you signed your rights away, you have to let them search you".

Sheesh.
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 11:56:45 AM EDT
[#12]
You should have pulled your weapon and asked her to repeat it after telling her that you feared for your life!

FUCKING NAZI BITCHES!!!

Link Posted: 12/18/2005 12:02:54 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Sigh.  That still does not give them the right to search him.  All they can do if he refuses is revoke his membership.  It's not like a cop would say "well, you signed your rights away, you have to let them search you".

Sheesh.

really - and how do you know this??  There are some rights you can waive in a binding contract and it really depends on the state you are in.

Anyhow, I just read the terms for SAMS' membership online and it is pretty brief and does not mention this situation at all.  Therefore skip the receipt checker and be on your way...
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 12:05:31 PM EDT
[#14]
I just politely say "No thank you" and keep walking. I haven't had anyone try to physically stop me. My wife hates when I do that.

sgt_seti
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 12:06:03 PM EDT
[#15]
I killed 8 receipt checkers last year,cause they tried to steal my property that i had just paid for, i cant believe you guys have to have your bags checked i have never seen that here. I would not let it happen the things in the bag are mine and they have buisness looking at them.
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 12:09:23 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
she technically committed an assault and pobbibly battery.

Link Posted: 12/18/2005 12:13:49 PM EDT
[#17]
I'll let all ya'll in on a little secret as a former walmart employee.  They lose more to EMPLOYEES than they do to the public.  It's the man exercising control.
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 2:33:39 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
I killed 8 receipt checkers last year,.

HAHAHHAHAHAHA... thank you for the laugh.... who's ever troll account you are.

thanks
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 2:37:18 PM EDT
[#19]
I had a guy in a chain electronics store (no memberships there) put his hand on my shoulder from behind, right after I'd responded, "no thanks" to his request to check my bag & receipt.  But when I gave him the  escalated, verbal, "take your hands off me!!", he promptly complied, which was good for us both.

Some stores also pull this crap even when the register is right in plain view of the receipt-checker.

Link Posted: 12/18/2005 2:51:56 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
What really cracks me up about Sam's Club is that the cashiers open every factory sealed box.  It does not matter if it is a box of padded envelopes or a large screen TV whose box is secured by those large PIA staples.

They've had problems with employees stuffing boxes full of goodies and then telling their friends which one to buy.

Kharn
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 3:03:05 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

They've had problems with employees stuffing boxes full of goodies and then telling their friends which one to buy.

Kharn

They should hire better employees, not make it our problem
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 3:28:42 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Kharn

stop making sense!  Your course of action would require holding employees accountable for their behavior.  We don't do that in America.  What do you think this is, 1950s America?
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 3:31:43 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Kharn

Right ... and UPS and FedEx should also hire better employees that way we don't have to ship our firearms overnight ... sadly, not gonna happen.
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 3:32:57 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 5:32:29 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Kharn

ALOT of the "smarter" shoplifters also do this. One person comes in and stuffs a box full of electronics. The next day or later in the evening his buddy will come in and buy that box. It works out nice for the lifter because if security is watching them do it, then after the lifter leaves the merchandise will be taken out of the box. The lifter hasn't really done anything illegal(depending on state law) until he leaves the store with the unpaid merchandise.

His buddy comes in and buys the box, if the cashier opens it, the person can honestly claim that they didn't do it. Security cameras will verify that the "customer" walked into the store, picked the box and went to the register.

Semi easy way to get out with alot of high dollar merchandise right under securities nose.
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 6:28:38 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Epsilon minus  job.  

Epsilon minus performance.

I wonder how many here get that.

Care to explain?  I don't get it.*
*No animals were hurt in the typing of this post.

Link Posted: 12/19/2005 1:39:21 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Epsilon minus  job.  

I don't care if I ever find out . It's not something I would care to repeat at a party just
 to sound cool .  
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 1:47:40 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Epsilon minus  job.  

I guess I'd like to know, too.  I think.
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 1:51:24 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Epsilon minus  job.  

Brave New World?
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 1:59:24 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:
But she would have been sorry if she touched me.

www.momathome.com/viewfromhome/images/2005/08/vaginal%20speculum.jpg

Link Posted: 12/19/2005 2:00:38 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 2:01:58 PM EDT
[#32]
re: membership to enter Sam's - I've been to the local Sam's  a few times - no membership needed to enter, only to buy merchandise (but apparently you can buy merchandise at an inflated price w/o the membership).  

the only warehouse store that I've had to show a membership card is Costco.
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 2:03:45 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
re: membership to enter Sam's - I've been to the local Sam's  a few times - no membership needed to enter, only to buy merchandise (but apparently you can buy merchandise at an inflated price w/o the membership).  

the only warehouse store that I've had to show a membership card is Costco.

you dont really *need* one to shop there, but they do ask for it at the door before letting you in, and if you do not have one, they direct you to the service counter
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 2:17:09 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
she technically committed unlawful arrest.

No, she committed a battery.

Hope you mentioned it to the manager.
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 2:19:52 PM EDT
[#35]
I've got it....

Goto Sam's Club.     Buy a big heavy duty staple gun.     On the way out the door, when the receipt checker asks for your receipt, pull out the staple gun and staple the recepit to the person's forehead.
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 2:21:58 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Epsilon minus  job.  

In Brave New World society was divided up into several castes. Alphas were those at the top, the leaders, Betas were top administrators, professionals, but not quite at the level of the Alphas. Then you had Gammas, Deltas and Epsilons. The Epsilons were the lowest caste with the lowest intelligence and were considered "semi-morons." They filled the ranks of menial jobs. Each group also had Plus/Minus subgroups.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top