Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 5:58:37 PM EDT
[#1]
It always amuses me to read these threads. With the pathetic CEOs this Country has it amazes me that anyone feels that 10, 15, or 50 million can be paid to someone who couldn't run his own dick to save his life. Boards? All their buds, scratch my back, I'll scratch your's back.

Unions can be stupid as hell, but upper management is just as stupid, just as greedy, just as crooked, and just as antiquated. CEOs should only be paid what they are worth, IE, if they manage poorly their pay should be reduced severely. Right now this Country actually rewards poor CEOs by offering the same people who dragged the company, down huge guarantees of future pay, even if they fail miserably and the company loses all worth.

Funny, I never hear that side of the coin.
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 6:00:31 PM EDT
[#2]
I'd chime in about how our Democrat town refused to talk to our Firefighters Association until we went collective bargaining (union), but it'd be a broken record that's been played here before...
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 6:02:08 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
And when companies work together to keep the entire career field payscale artificially low to the benefit of all the corporations, what options does the employee who likes that occupation have?None.

LMAO

Please don't post shit like that, like you think it is true.
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 6:02:31 PM EDT
[#4]
Pro Union... There is a time and place where Unions are not needed. Normally when you don't have  greedy and dishonest upper managment. Every place don't need a Union . Some places do.  I know a big company that just recently, frozen workers pay  fro 5-8 years( labors only ) and then voted themselfs ( upper management ) huge bonus's/ pay raises  and  the ceo jumped 7 spots or so forward in the highest paid CEO's in the USA. A billion dollar company. One thing is for sure. This is a look out for yourself world. Nobodys going to look out for you but yourself. Managment looks out for Management. Just like our own congress voteing them self a raise. Im all for everyone shareing the pie. Im all for  getting paid for your job skill and worth. Im all for getting rid of  sorry employee's.  You have the  crap in non Unions  company's also. For example, a guy who always get the one spot for overtime thats availiable on the weekend. But when overtime is mandatory he don't have to work it. We couldn't figure out why ? Seems that the two ( manager and labor ) are brother inlaws. We just found that out. Funny how things work sometimes. Ive worked for Union places and Non union ( present ). I like the union set up alot better. There was guidelines to go by. In the non union company's it what ever joes brother inlaw say's, and it changes everyother day because the policies are not wrote down in ink. They call it flex rules. What is policy today might not be tommorow but check back in with us thursday, because it might revert back to mondays policy. No shit... WD
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 6:05:59 PM EDT
[#5]
By the way. GM and FORD are laying off not because of Unions. They are makeing shitty cars and half ass trucks. Let Toyota and  Honda start putting out crap that breaks down before it should and you will see lay off from lack of sales . .WD
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 6:10:26 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
It always amuses me to read these threads. With the pathetic CEOs this Country has it amazes me that anyone feels that 10, 15, or 50 million can be paid to someone who couldn't run his own dick to save his life. Boards? All their buds, scratch my back, I'll scratch your's back.

Unions can be stupid as hell, but upper management is just as stupid, just as greedy, just as crooked, and just as antiquated. CEOs should only be paid what they are worth, IE, if they manage poorly their pay should be reduced severely. Right now this Country actually rewards poor CEOs by offering the same people who dragged the company, down huge guarantees of future pay, even if they fail miserably and the company loses all worth.

What drives that is Wall Street.  You will never get rid of this type of President, CEO, CFO, Board of Directors, etc... until they stop being judged on short term stock price.  Obviouly profit makes a huge difference here, but crafty financing, restructuring, or creative (and legal)accounting can turn a fair or even bad quarter into a winner via the balance sheet.  HURRAY! cries Wall Street!
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 6:13:48 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
By the way. GM and FORD are laying off not because of Unions. They are makeing shitty cars and half ass trucks. Let Toyota and  Honda start putting out crap that breaks down before it should and you will see lay off from lack of sales . .WD

There is no single reason for the plight of domestic automakers, only degrees of contributing guilt.  One thing you cannot ignore is that about $1,500 of every GM product goes directly to present and past employee benefts.  This my friend, is a huge competitive disadvantage.

The real danger here to the country is that corporate types could easily start screaming for nationalized health care in order to help reduce their burden.
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 6:19:22 PM EDT
[#8]
Unions have had their time, labor laws don't permit companies to abuse workers like they used to.
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 6:20:50 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
I wish you would stop by any dock and spout your arrogant "better than you attitude", you would get a nice surprise and probably a busted lip LOL

Not saying you're wrong but why do these union threads always wind up somehow with union guys beating people up?

How much did you make last year?
Jealousy is a terrible thing.

I made less than several union guys I know. I have also seen some of these guys working in unskilled labor and being half assed at that, taking loads of breaks & making twice as much as I do.

I work in skilled labor & tech support & am accountable for my time... no lazing on the job for me, I bust my ass at work doing things that not just anybody knows how to do. when I see some dumb redneck chatting with his buddies & getting paid $30 an hour to do it.... you bet I get jealous! I'd love to get paid to be lazy.
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 6:34:13 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

What drives that is Wall Street.  You will never get rid of this type of President, CEO, CFO, Board of Directors, etc... until they stop being judged on short term stock price.  Obviouly profit makes a huge difference here, but crafty financing, restructuring, or creative (and legal)accounting can turn a fair or even bad quarter into a winner via the balance sheet.  HURRAY! cries Wall Street!

Very true, one of the biggest reasons the Japanese are kicking our asses is they look long term and US companies ALWAYS look to the short term business plan. Just enough for THEM to get rich and move on while the company flounders. And all the legal mumbo jumbo might prop up a stocks short term price and profits but in the end it will drop. While I do not play the gold market, [I have a bit is all] it is quite interesting to see the recent run up in prices by people hedging their market investments. Gold is not all that profitable unless the market goes into correction and people are looking for a vehicle to park money. When I see movement and prices on the rise I tend to start watching the market closely.

BTW, while "creative" financing might be legal, it usually hides the fact that huge payoffs [salary, golden parachutes, bonuses] have been made to someone and are rolled into it.
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 6:37:23 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I wish you would stop by any dock and spout your arrogant "better than you attitude", you would get a nice surprise and probably a busted lip LOL

Not saying you're wrong but why do these union threads always wind up somehow with union guys beating people up?

Note the LOL?
But in real life if you're dumb enough to go down to the docks and insult longshoremen you need to get a Darwin award honorable mention.

The guys down there are tough, no shit!

Edited to add:
30 an hour?
More like 60 the way it works out with OT.

Here's a brife look at a work day.
In at 7 am
work till 11 am, work through one hour lunch break and get double time for that hour
Every hour after that is time and a half because of working through lunch hour.
The off loading crew gets paid for every hour after we unload the frieght until the the on loading crew has all the fright off the dock.
So if we get the frieght unloaded and on the dock by 1 pm and it takes the onloading crew until 8 pm to load the ship we get paid from 7 am till 8 pm and this is the break down.

7am till 11am 4 hrs at $32.00 per hour  = $128.00
11am till 12 noon  1 hr at $64.00          =  $64.00
12 noon till 8 pm  8 hrs at $48.00         = $384.00  
                                 Total days pay  $576.00

Now you know why I don't want to lose my book.
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 6:41:12 PM EDT
[#12]
I am a union Pipefitter with 26 yrs experience. I have worked in non union shops during that time period as well. There was no comparison as far as wages, having decent medical, better concern for safety, paid overtime, paid holidays, paid vacation.

I must be more fucked up than I realize for wanting the above benefits and a middle class wage?
My life is on the line every single day I work.

Union
Christian
Republican
Gun owning
Southern born and bred Redneck
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 6:44:04 PM EDT
[#13]
Union people associated with the company I work for don't like me - I replace them with small shell scripts. Haven't taken one of them union ass woopins' yet  
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 6:48:29 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Unions are horrible.

They destroyed American manufacturing.

There is no way a person in production should make more then $6.00 an hour.

Union workers and production workers don't deserve any benefits like vacation, sick days, health care, etc.

Corporations and Management are great and can do no wrong.

Union thugs.

How many picket lines have you been on?

I'm just asking.  Give me a number.
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 6:55:57 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
I am a union Pipefitter with 26 yrs experience. I have worked in non union shops during that time period as well. There was no comparison as far as wages, having decent medical, better concern for safety, paid overtime, paid holidays, paid vacation.

I must be more fucked up than I realize for wanting the above benefits and a middle class wage?
My life is on the line every single day I work.

Union
Christian
Republican
Gun owning
Southern born and bred Redneck

and would you, while on strike, beat up replacements, and, damage property...because..."Oh...We'er on strike so, it's ok?"

Link Posted: 12/14/2005 6:56:27 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
                                 Total days pay  $576.00

Thats kinda what I mean. I can understand why you would like it, I would too. But can you honestly say, based on the work (physical/mental stress, education/knowledge involved) that getting paid nearly $600 a day seems right? I can't see that pay structure staying competitive in todays international work environment. Not knocking your work or you at all but that seems like you are massively overpaid.
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 6:58:02 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:
America needs unions.

Where else can a high school dropout make $100k a year doing something that anybody can be trained to do in half a day ? Nowhere! Only in America can a union convince it's members who have no marketable skills they are worth $40-50 an hour.

It will come to an end soon,and we will have a flood of un-skilled laborers doing the jobs that other Americans won't do.

I worked with more guys on the docks with 4 year degrees then you could shake a stick at.

Standard question here.What are guys with 4 year degrees doing working on the dicks ?

You're antiquated view of guys on the dock is wrong, there are a great many guys with just HS or less education but there's also a fair share of guys that went to school too.

No shit there are good guys working on the docks.My problem with the unions,are the unions themselves.Can't blame a guy for taking a job that pays an absurd amount of money for doing a job ANYBODY can do.Just don't be surprised when the job isn't there anymore.

By the way it appears that you want the unions to go away and it has clouded your ability to be fair in your post, they aren't gong anywhere in the near future pal.

Really ? How many unions are there today vs 50 years ago ? How is the union going to help all the workers from the auto plants being shut down ?

Ya I would get a busted lip for bothering them during there 4 hour coffee break.

By the way, you have a degree?

I made enough to at least buy a membership here,how about you ?

The only unions this country needs are emergency services.Police,fire etc..

Seriously Jrzy,how can you say a college educated guy that drives a forklift is worth more(Salary wise) than a police officer,or a fireman ?

In this global market,un-skilled laborers making $50k + a year are going to be a memory.
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 7:01:27 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Note the LOL?
But in real life if you're dumb enough to go down to the docks and insult longshoremen you need to get a Darwin award honorable mention.

Edited to add:
30 an hour?

In at 7 am
work till 11 am, work through one hour lunch break and get double time for that hour
The off loading crew gets paid for every hour after we unload the frieght until the the on loading crew has all the fright off the dock.
So if we get the frieght unloaded and on the dock by 1 pm and it takes the onloading crew until 8 pm to load the ship we get paid from 7 am till 8 pm and this is the break down.

Total days pay  $576.00

Sure.  Noone wants to lose thier fat ass living off mob ties. for unskilled labor.

I mean...lets be honest.  Any labor job can be done cheaper than 32 bucks an hour.\

Never ceases to amaze me..Union guys......

NOONE CAN BOLT ON TRACTOR TIRE BOLTS BUT US!  WE GOT SKILLS!

Meanwhile, production is up...QC is up while the union is out.

I do this all year round.  Usually managment is stunned when replacements come in, and, relplace "highly skilled" union workers and, have the plants at record production in two weeks.

I just roll my eyes.
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 7:02:54 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
Thank god Walmart Cronies dont get Bennies.I would hate for that Co. to have to share some of its billion dollar profit.

Buy some shares if you want to cash in, you cheap fuck.
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 7:03:36 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:
                                 Total days pay  $576.00

Thats kinda what I mean. I can understand why you would like it, I would too. But can you honestly say, based on the work (physical/mental stress, education/knowledge involved) that getting paid nearly $600 a day seems right? I can't see that pay structure staying competitive in todays international work environment. Not knocking your work or you at all but that seems like you are massively overpaid.

You ever see 5 tons of freight on top of a guy who has 4 kids and and wife?
As far as the opinion of the rate of pay not staying competitive, If those docks stop moving the country stops moving with in 36 hours chaos will erupt.

The unions were born of fire and I don't think they'll go gently into that good night that Dylan Thomas wrote of.  

Link Posted: 12/14/2005 7:05:24 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
I for one used be UNION before a buyout occured. New company couldn't handle the fact that the employees had a say so in the matter ( like it should be ) so they closed up shop. I my case the UNION would not allow the company to FUCK US OVER like some other places of employment would. If I worked 1 min. over my schedual my ass got overtime ( like it should be ) the company I worked for understood if they pissed off one they pissed off the whole lot of us. Now understand that not just any loe dick could walk in off the street and get a job with us. You had to earn your spot on the ladder. There were no free rides we just got what we deserved for hard work. Real Pay, Earned time off, Real Vacation, Medical, Retirement. If you have never worked for a UNION
well then STFU. I am not currently UNION but atleast I understand how it works.

They closed up shop, as is their right.  WTF did your union get you in the end?  AN UNEMPLOYMENT CHECK!!!
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 7:08:42 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I for one used be UNION before a buyout occured. New company couldn't handle the fact that the employees had a say so in the matter ( like it should be ) so they closed up shop. I my case the UNION would not allow the company to FUCK US OVER like some other places of employment would. If I worked 1 min. over my schedual my ass got overtime ( like it should be ) the company I worked for understood if they pissed off one they pissed off the whole lot of us. Now understand that not just any loe dick could walk in off the street and get a job with us. You had to earn your spot on the ladder. There were no free rides we just got what we deserved for hard work. Real Pay, Earned time off, Real Vacation, Medical, Retirement. If you have never worked for a UNION
well then STFU. I am not currently UNION but atleast I understand how it works.

They closed up shop, as is their right.  WTF did your union get you in the end?  AN UNEMPLOYMENT CHECK!!!

YAY!  You WIN!  WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

No your jobs are in Mexico.

UNION POWER!
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 7:11:19 PM EDT
[#23]
Work in a NYC hospital and the nursing union is very good to them. They dont have to do shit just push pills. However, in NJ the nurses are much better clinically and more responsible. NJ nurses are also more satisfied with their work because they feel like their work is important and has meaning.
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 7:12:01 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Note the LOL?

Edited to add:
30 an hour?

In at 7 am

Total days pay  $576.00

Don't worry.  Illegal immigrants will eventually replace you and your ilk.  Either that or we do to you what we did to ATC.
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 7:13:42 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
America needs unions.

Where else can a high school dropout make $100k a year doing something that anybody can be trained to do in half a day ? Nowhere! Only in America can a union convince it's members who have no marketable skills they are worth $40-50 an hour.

It will come to an end soon,and we will have a flood of un-skilled laborers doing the jobs that other Americans won't do.

I worked with more guys on the docks with 4 year degrees then you could shake a stick at.

Standard question here.What are guys with 4 year degrees doing working on the dicks ?

You're antiquated view of guys on the dock is wrong, there are a great many guys with just HS or less education but there's also a fair share of guys that went to school too.

No shit there are good guys working on the docks.My problem with the unions,are the unions themselves.Can't blame a guy for taking a job that pays an absurd amount of money for doing a job ANYBODY can do.Just don't be surprised when the job isn't there anymore.

By the way it appears that you want the unions to go away and it has clouded your ability to be fair in your post, they aren't gong anywhere in the near future pal.

Really ? How many unions are there today vs 50 years ago ? How is the union going to help all the workers from the auto plants being shut down ?

Ya I would get a busted lip for bothering them during there 4 hour coffee break.

Seriously Jrzy,how can you say a college educated guy that drives a forklift is worth more(Salary wise) than a police officer,or a fireman ?

In this global market,un-skilled laborers making $50k + a year are going to be a memory.

A good police officer or fireman should not need a union. WTF is so special about them? I always love the BUTs in these threads. Cracks me up. We could hire a hell of a lot more if they had no bennies, pensions, and only made 6 bucks an hour.

The biggest problem with unions today is the GOVERNMENT unions. There should be no govt unions whatsoever. Direct conflict of interest as the taxpayer is FORCED to pay for them. There is no free market force at work. The biggest union employer in the US today is the Govt. and you have no choice but to pay up. SUCKER!!!!
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 7:15:45 PM EDT
[#26]
I deal with union dummies all year round.  No shortage of dummies.

They cry about not paying a PENNY for health insureance.

Managment has already had their bennies cut.

The cry about no opportunities,eventhough, I've been at companies have the NERVE!  THE NERVE!  BASTARD CAPITALISTS! Have the NERVE to dock hard working, productive union employees that arent' even working at the plant 10 hours a week for being PAID at the local college to increase their machinist rate. so they can MAKE MORE MONEY!

AWWWWWWWW!  AWWWWW!  NO!  The union people should be totally paid to take training!

Fuck any PERSONAL sacrifice, becasue somone that puts bolts on a tire is indespensible.

It's organized crime, AFAIK.
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 7:17:03 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
America needs unions.

It's spelled docks smart ass
Why , do you think every jerk off with a 4 year degree makes real money?
You're not to bright in this area huh?

Anybody can do?
Do you know how many guys the union has taught to use every single piece of heavy equipment on those docks?
Unskilled my ass!

As I said, jealousy pure and simple.

I sent in my renewal but nice duck on the question, I'm guessing you make about 30K if you're lucky.

Oh yeah why it that?

It's an economic factor.
The Police and Fire & EMS serve an an invaluable service.
The guys unloading those ships perform a tangible service which is highly valued by the shipping company's.
The unions leaving the docks is so absurd that you believe that is the only thing more absurd.

Link Posted: 12/14/2005 7:19:50 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Note the LOL?

Edited to add:
30 an hour?

In at 7 am

Total days pay  $576.00

Don't worry.  Illegal immigrants will eventually replace you and your ilk.  Either that or we do to you what we did to ATC.

I'm sure you think so but don't hold your breath punchy.
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 7:21:36 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Note the LOL?

Edited to add:
30 an hour?

In at 7 am

Total days pay  $576.00

tic toc tic toc, enjoy it while it lasts
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 7:22:27 PM EDT
[#30]
We will all be replaced one day
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 7:27:11 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Note the LOL?

Edited to add:
30 an hour?

Here's a brief look at a work day.
In at 7 am
The off loading crew gets paid for every hour after we unload the freight until the the on loading crew has all the fright off the dock.
So if we get the freight unloaded and on the dock by 1 pm and it takes the unloading crew until 8 pm to load the ship we get paid from 7 am till 8 pm and this is the break down.

Total days pay  $576.00

tic toc tic toc, enjoy it while it lasts

You know how long guys like you have been so jealous of unions guys making good money?
Do you know how long guys like you have tried to bust unions?
Ain't gonna happen slick and there's more than a few guys who thought so, gee I wonder where those guys are now ?
Don't like the longshoreman's union? Too fucking bad!
Come down to the local and I'll see if I can get you a book LOL
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 7:28:20 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
America needs unions.

Why you think every jerk off with a 4 year degree makes real money?

Anybody can do?
Do you know how many guys the union has taught to use every single piece of heavy equipment on those docks?
Unskilled my ass!

I sent in my renewal but nice duck on the question, I'm guessing you make about 30K if you're lucky.

Oh yeah why it that?

It's an economic factor.
The guys unloading those ships perform a tangible service which is highly valued by the shipping company's.
The unions leaving the docks is so absurd that you believe that is the only thing more absurd.

Heh heh heeeeeeeeeeehhhhh...

Another union guy that thinks he's invaluable doing unskilled labor.

I deal with this all year long.

Just keep thinking you'll never loose that job..

(Belieive it or not, more people can train that job OTHER than the union.)

The only reason they trained you was becasue of their murder and extorsion in the day.
They were the baddest left standing after killings and beatings.

Heh....*I run a forklift!*...I need 30 bucks/hr.

We wonder why jobs are going overseas.  Such a puzzle.
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 7:32:44 PM EDT
[#33]
I don't know much about unions.  I deal with the longshoremen on a regular basis, they are the laziest pieces of shit I have ever seen.  They make tons of money and don't do a damn thing.  They work half shifts and get paid the full time.  They have rediculous coffe and lunch breaks, which are all paid.  They can stand around and do nothing and never get fired for it.  I have talked with one of the head honchos over at one of the piers in Long beach, and he told me if he tells them to work faster or whatever, they tell him to go F himself and go home.....and they still get paid for the whole day and when they come back tommorow it is as if nothing happened.  Unions breed incompetence, you can't fire or discipline workers, they don't have to be efficient.  Worst of all, they treat my drivers like shit, they go to lunch an hour early, all at the same time, leaving my drivers there to wait until they decide to come back.  It would be like shopping at wal-mart and having all the cashiers go to lunch at the same time and leaving all the customers to wait around until they come back.  Once agin, my experience is limited to the Longshoremen, I don't know what other unions are like.  
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 7:37:36 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
I don't know much about unions.  I deal with the longshoremen on a regular basis, they are the laziest pieces of shit I have ever seen.  They make tons of money and don't do a damn thing.  They work half shifts and get paid the full time.  They have rediculous coffe and lunch breaks, which are all paid.  They can stand around and do nothing and never get fired for it.  I have talked with one of the head honchos over at one of the piers in Long beach, and he told me if he tells them to work faster or whatever, they tell him to go F himself and go home.....and they still get paid for the whole day and when they come back tommorow it is as if nothing happened.  Unions breed incompetence, you can't fire or discipline workers, they don't have to be efficient.  Worst of all, they treat my drivers like shit, they go to lunch an hour early, all at the same time, leaving my drivers there to wait until they decide to come back.  It would be like shopping at wal-mart and having all the cashiers go to lunch at the same time and leaving all the customers to wait around until they come back.  Once agin, my experience is limited to the Longshoremen, I don't know what other unions are like.  

No..That's pretty much got it.

Unskilled dickheads standing around.  Unions.
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 7:38:00 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
America needs unions.

Why you think every jerk off with a 4 year degree makes real money?

Anybody can do?
Unskilled my ass!

Oh yeah why it that?

It's an economic factor.

Heh heh heeeeeeeeeeehhhhh...

Another union guy that thinks he's invaluable doing unskilled labor.

You call driving heavy equipment unskilled?
What about the crane I'll be taring on?

I deal with this all year long.

Jealous?

Just keep thinking you'll never loose that job..

I won't lose my book or job and the fact you think so shows your ass and your ignorance.
(Belieive it or not, more people can train that job OTHER than the union.)

The only reason they trained you was becasue of their murder and extorsion in the day.
They were the baddest left standing after killings and beatings.

Jealousy is areal bitch , you know that don't you, I can see from your posts the fucking steam coming from your brainHeh....*I run a forklift!*...I need 30 bucks/hr.

Thats pretty moronic, how exactly are they gonna move our jobs overseas if the docks are here ?
What a moroooooooooon!

By the way, whats your job or business and how much you make slick?
Maybe we should see if your over paid.
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 7:42:02 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Look up the word paragraph and please use it.
Are you in a position of some kind of authority?
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 7:42:31 PM EDT
[#37]

Thats pretty moronic, how exactly are they gonna move our jobs overseas if the docks are here ?
What a moroooooooooon!

By the way, whats your job or business and how much you make slick?
Maybe we should see if your over paid.

And here we have why unions are loseing.  On the docks, you are lucky, as, the coasta are the last strongholds.  Gary thought they were a stronghold too.

I suggest you read "What Side Are You On?" by Thomas Gehorgian. (Union Friendly, don't scare)  Might give you a different perspective.
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 7:45:19 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Quoted:

That's right on line with what I see.  I deal with Labor relations all year long.

I don't see where he said anything wrong, in my experience.
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 7:49:39 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
You ever see 5 tons of freight on top of a guy who has 4 kids and and wife? What does that have to do with anything?
As far as the opinion of the rate of pay not staying competitive, If those docks stop moving the country stops moving with in 36 hours chaos will erupt. So instead of justifying the rate of pay you strongarm.... the Mafia does that too.

I still don't see any reason that these guys should get paid so much.
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 7:50:51 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

That's right on line with what I see.  I deal with Labor relations all year long.

I wasn't criticizing his content (although he's off)
I was asking him to learn and use some basic Grammar.
While we're at it can you please download and use a spell check, you made my head hurt reading all  your mistakes.

You two crack me up.
You sit there typing insults on working class guys and you both write like 6th grade drop outs.
Ignorance is abundant I guess.
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 7:52:50 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Quoted:
It won't take long for the unions to be history. (less than 20 years)

When a company has to compete globally, it is an unsustainable business model.

Capitalism at its finest.

All that proves is that companies don't care about the employees working for it; they'll dump you in a heartbeat and move the company overseas to do nothing more than improve its bottom line, employees be damned.

Wrong.

Big companies don't declare bankruptcy because they don't care about their employees.  Big companies declare bankruptcy because their employees don't care.  Union workers keep pushing for more vacation, more healthcare, more raises....and then blame the company when it can't afford to pay them anymore because China keeps lowballing them.

Think about it.  If the company didn't care about their employees, they'd be over in China tomorrow, before the debt starts to set in, before the bankruptcy hearings, and before the next contract negotiation.

The fact of the matter is that the United States has to compete with foreign industry.  THAT MEANS WORKERS HAVE TO COMPETE WITH FOREIGN COUNTRIES.  You want to work for 15 bucks an hour?  You better push a hell of a lot more product then Ming Hung Lo or else your company is going to get lowballed, sell less, and be forced to shut down or dump your ass and move.  A company can't compete in the foreign price war unless its employees are willing to take one for the team.  
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 7:58:24 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
You know how long guys like you have been so jealous of unions guys making good money?
Ain't gonna happen slick and there's more than a few guys who thought so, gee I wonder where those guys are now ?

Again, you gloat that you make lots of money but don't address the fact that you are vastly overpaid for you work. If someone made $150 an hour to flip burgers at McDonalds would you consider that earning their money?

Many people would do your job for half the pay & benefits, you will hear from them eventually. No matter how much you say "yea, we'll kick their asses & make their family disappear" they will still come.
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 7:58:25 PM EDT
[#43]
Here is an interesting link for anyone to read............seems the Japanese have a pretty high rate of unionism

http://members.tripod.com/~a_sid/works/IER.html
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 7:58:58 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I wasn't criticizing his content (although he's off)
I was asking him to learn and use some basic Grammar.
While we're at it can you please download and use a spell check, you made my head hurt reading all  your mistakes.

You two crack me up.
You sit there typing insults on working class guys and you both write like 6th grade drop outs.
Ignorance is abundant I guess.

Is that really all you have?  Honestly, dude.  Is that the best you have?
No ammount of grammatical errors can invalidate the truth.

You know..The thing you are running from?
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 7:59:58 PM EDT
[#45]
If you think the dock workers are over paid you'll have a fucking stroke if you look up what some POS liberal college professor makes a day.

Try one thousand dollars a day.
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 8:02:23 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Again, you gloat that you make lots of money but don't address the fact that you are vastly overpaid for you work. If someone made $150 an hour to flip burgers at McDonalds would you consider that earning their money?

Many people would do your job for half the pay & benefits, you will hear from them eventually. No matter how much you say "yea, we'll kick their asses & make their family disappear" they will still come.

I love the big, tough union guys that come in the middle of the night like the PUSSIES they are....Then they RUN away like little girls.  Big, tough guys.  Union punks are pussies.  I deal these pussies all year long.  They always hide.  They are always afraid of light.
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 8:04:09 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I love the big, tough union guys that come in the middle of the night like the PUSSIES they are....Then they RUN away like little girls.  Big, tough guys.  Union punks are pussies.  I deal these pussies all year long.  They always hide.  They are always afraid of light.

You pretty much hit it right on the head there.

Link Posted: 12/14/2005 8:08:02 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You have no idea what a longshoreman does do you?
What do you think the going rate is for heavy equipment operators?

How much do you make to stand there and judge what I do?
Like I said, do you know what dock workers do now?

And no one is making anyone or their family disappear.
You been watching too many movies.

As far as the people coming to take our jobs, we have a contract that will be around long after you are gone pal.
So no one is coming in and taking anything away.
All you anti union guys bitching like high school girls are pissing in the wind because there isn't anything you can do about it and that bothers the hell out of you.

Link Posted: 12/14/2005 8:09:13 PM EDT
[#49]
Sorry, I have to respectfully disagree with you there Goonboss..........Although you
feel union guys are lazy, some might very well be, but not all of them are. In fact, I know quite a few who take great pride in the job that they do, and enjoy what they do. Linemen who get up in the middle of the night to repair downed power lines in all types of weather, who work underground and guys who work in powerplants producing electricity. My father recently retired from a power company, and has been union all his working life...........and he is far from any pussy.      

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Link Posted: 12/14/2005 8:12:28 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

As he types from the security and anonymity of home LOL

So why not just call me the names instead of side swiping it, afraid of the light?
Afraid of getting banned?
Maybe you should ask yourself who is the real pussy here.

Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top