Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 12/14/2005 11:33:04 AM EDT
I heard on the radio about how the Wizards changed their name to be more politcally correct. I don't follow basketball, and I don't know what their former name was. I just thought it was funny that people who practice pagan rituals are more politically correctthan whatever they were before.
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 11:38:25 AM EDT
Weren't they the Bullets?

I gave up watching basket ball once Larry Bird retired. I did catch the occasional M. Jordan game. B-ball is nothing but a bunch of highly overpaid 7 foot freaks of nature who can bounce and shoot a ball. BFD. If it weren't for basketball, most of them would be gang-bangers, thugs, drug dealers or felons.

What the eff am I saying. Most of them are gang-bangers, thugs, drug dealers and felons.
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 11:39:58 AM EDT
They are now called the "Followers of an alternative philisophical viewpoint encouraging oneness with nature" They're going to need bigger uniforms...
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 11:46:07 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/14/2005 11:46:16 AM EDT by SJSAMPLE]
People found the team name "The Washington Bullets" to be too violent.
So they renamed it.

Now it's just, "The Bullets".
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 11:48:06 AM EDT

Originally Posted By SJSAMPLE:
People found the team name "The Washington Bullets" to be too violent.
So they renamed it.

Now it's just, "The Bullets".

It took a second to sink in, but that is damned funny. I don't care who you are.
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 11:48:22 AM EDT
They used to be called the Bullets. I guess it's been about 6 years since the name change. There was so much violence in DC then, not unlike there is today, people wanted to get away from such a "violent" name like that. One name that was in the top 4 was, believe it or not, the Sea Dogs. MJD
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 12:00:05 PM EDT
I should write them a letter and tell them a wizard changed me into a newt. Although I got better, I still find their name offensive.

Maybe the ACLU would file a lawsuit on my behalf.

Who else could I name in my lawsuit?

The Dolphins are insensitive to aquatic intelligence.
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 12:04:56 PM EDT
The Minnesota Vikings are an affront to my Nordic heritage.
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 12:12:11 PM EDT

Originally Posted By mcnielsen:
The Minnesota Vikings are an affront to my Nordic heritage.

agreed.... now if they'd just stop using that stupid horned helmet thing..........
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 12:50:44 PM EDT
Just like the asshattery going on in the NCAA.

Rush did a whole segment about it the other day.

Example: Indiana means: "land of the Indians."

Indiana is ok to have on a jersey, but "Seminole" is not.

Stupid.
Top Top