Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/14/2005 11:33:04 AM EDT
I heard on the radio about how the Wizards changed their name to be more politcally correct.  I don't follow basketball, and I don't know what their former name was.  I just thought it was funny that people who practice pagan rituals are more politically correctthan whatever they were before.  
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 11:38:25 AM EDT
[#1]
Weren't they the Bullets?  

I gave up watching basket ball once Larry Bird retired.  I did catch the occasional M. Jordan game.  B-ball is nothing but a bunch of highly overpaid 7 foot freaks of nature who can bounce and shoot a ball.  BFD.  If it weren't for basketball, most of them would be gang-bangers, thugs, drug dealers or felons.  

What the eff am I saying.  Most of them are gang-bangers, thugs, drug dealers and felons.
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 11:39:58 AM EDT
[#2]
They are now called the "Followers of an alternative philisophical viewpoint encouraging oneness with nature"  They're going to need bigger uniforms...
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 11:46:07 AM EDT
[#3]
People found the team name "The Washington Bullets" to be too violent.
So they renamed it.

Now it's just, "The Bullets".
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 11:48:06 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
People found the team name "The Washington Bullets" to be too violent.
So they renamed it.

Now it's just, "The Bullets".

It took a second to sink in, but that is damned funny.  I don't care who you are.  
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 11:48:22 AM EDT
[#5]
They used to be called the Bullets.  I guess it's been about 6 years since the name change.  There was so much violence in DC then, not unlike there is today, people wanted to get away from such a "violent" name like that.  One name that was in the top 4 was, believe it or not, the Sea Dogs.  MJD
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 12:00:05 PM EDT
[#6]
I should write them a letter and tell them a wizard changed me into a newt.  Although I got better, I still find their name offensive.

Maybe the ACLU would file a lawsuit on my behalf.

Who else could I name in my lawsuit?

The Dolphins are insensitive to aquatic intelligence.
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 12:04:56 PM EDT
[#7]
The Minnesota Vikings are an affront to my Nordic heritage.
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 12:12:11 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
The Minnesota Vikings are an affront to my Nordic heritage.

agreed.... now if they'd just stop using that stupid horned helmet thing..........
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 12:50:44 PM EDT
[#9]
Just like the asshattery going on in the NCAA.  

Rush did a whole segment about it the other day.  

Example: Indiana means: "land of the Indians."  

Indiana is ok to have on a jersey, but "Seminole" is not.  

Stupid.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top