Page / 3
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 8:43:50 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
img76.exs.cx/img76/120/l-trap.jpg

That's IT !!!

You ARE the alpha-male of Star Wars lore !!  

Thank you.  I have spent a lifetime collecting useless star wars knowledge.  I have a star wars trivial pursuit game that I have never played because nobody wants to go toe to toe with me.  The closest I ever came was having Mrs. Wedge just read questions to me.

Lets put that to the test shal we.

Who was the only non Jedi to use a lightsaber?

Who is the best shot in the starwars movies?

Where does the name R2D2 come from?

To keep filming of Jedi under wraps what was the fake title used?

There were 3 made for TV spinoffs from starwars, what were their titles and year they came out?(does not include cartoons)

When sis Boba Fett first appear?

In Return of the Jedi this word is suprisingly NOT spoken, which word is it?

Current Obi-wan Ewan McGregor is the real life nephew of somone who was in the original trilogy, Who is that person and whom did he play?

The man who played Adm. "It's a Trap" Ackbar was also in another George Lucas si-fi film, what was that film and whom did he play?

Ok thats all of them.
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 8:50:24 AM EDT
[#2]

Han Solo - when he cuts the Tauntaun open and stuffs Luke into it.

Probably Chewie

Uh, his maker? ; )

Blue Harvest

There were 3 made for TV spinoffs from starwars, what were their titles and year they came out?

Christmas special

Ewoks: Battle for Endor

And another Ewok show I can't remember the name of.

Years unknown.
Don't forget "Droids" though.

Ep. II, with his dad Jango. Other than that, ANH (1997 & DVD version) when Han sees Jabba in the hangar. In the original Trilogy, on the deck of the Super Star Destroyer in ESB when Darth Vader sends bounty hunters out to search for our heroes.

Yoda?
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 8:54:13 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

That's IT !!!

Thank you.  I have spent a lifetime collecting useless star wars knowledge.  I have a star wars trivial pursuit game that I have never played because nobody wants to go toe to toe with me.  The closest I ever came was having Mrs. Wedge just read questions to me.

Who was the only non Jedi to use a lightsaber? Han Solo

Who is the best shot in the starwars movies?  Han Solo puts great faith in a good blaster at his side.  Luke's shot is a "one in a million".  "Only Imperial Stormtroopers are so precise", but they never kill the heroes even with the numbers advantage.  Wedge says that Red Two made a great shot in ROTJ and Janson makes a great shot in ESB.  Chewie takes a great long shot on a fleeing Speeder Bike.  It is hard to say...

Where does the name R2D2 come from?  I don't remember this one, but I haave heard this answer before.  Hmmmm.

To keep filming of Jedi under wraps what was the fake title used? Revenge of the Jedi

There were 3 made for TV spinoffs from starwars, what were their titles and year they came out?  Droids cartoon, Some Ewoks cartoon, Ewoks Battle for Endor.  All were '80s.

When sis Boba Fett first appear?  On the SD Avenger when Vader said "No Disentigrations!"  (This is per the original releases of the movies)

In Return of the Jedi this word is suprisingly NOT spoken, which word is it?  Ewok?

Link Posted: 9/28/2004 8:55:33 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Han Solo - when he cuts the Tauntaun open and stuffs Luke into it.

Probably Chewie

Uh, his maker? ; )

Blue Harvest

There were 3 made for TV spinoffs from starwars, what were their titles and year they came out?

Christmas special

And another Ewok show I can't remember the name of.

Years unknown.
Don't forget "Droids" though.

Ep. II, with his dad Jango. Other than that, ANH (1997 & DVD version) when Han sees Jabba in the hangar. In the original Trilogy, on the deck of the Super Star Destroyer in ESB when Darth Vader sends bounty hunters out to search for our heroes.

Yoda?

Close on a couple, dead on on others and totaly off on others. I'm going to let wedge answer them before I give answers. But I'll tell you this the Boba Fett answer is wrong according to my source.

Torf, just because I didn't think anyone would get the last one I'll say it, you are right. Ewoks was never once said in that movie.
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 9:01:53 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Torf, just because I didn't think anyone would get the last one I'll say it, you are right. Ewoks was never once said in that movie.

I probably only got that one since we discussed it earlier in the thread.  
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 9:08:30 AM EDT
[#6]
Come on... Out with it...

I want to know how I was off on the Boba Fett stuff. I listed all three "first" appearances ...

Oh, I forgot, he was on the animated short that was on the sucky Star Wars Christmas special. I stand corrected.

ETA: However, CHRONOLOGICALLY (in accepted canon), Boba Fett's first appearance was Ep. II as a child.
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 9:13:59 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

This one does....

"There goes another one."

Wow, I scored as Lando.  Colt 45, works every time.  
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 9:21:45 AM EDT
[#8]
Photoman - some of yours were too easy.  My definition of "too easy" is if I know the answer.

1.  Obviously Han - the image of him cutting open that thing on Hoth has been imprinted in my mind since childhood.  "and I thought they smelled bad on the OUTSIDE!"

2.  Best shot with what weapon system?  Luke could routinely bullseye wamprats back home, and they allegedly weren't much larger than 2 meters -  and he made his death star-destroying shot with no targeting computer.  All of them were amazingly inconsistent with Blasters - sometimes making impressive shots, other times barely able to keep the blasts downrange.

3.  All of those similar droids were "R2" units - I don't know why nor do I know what the "D2" meant.

4.  "Blue Harvest" was used (per the documentary in the new DVD set) not so much to keep it under wraps, but to avoid being ripped off be folks assuming they had a bottomless budget.

5.  I have no clue.

6.  Already covered by others who I presume to be correct.

7.  An obvious word?  Hmmmm... Ewok has already been covered in my introductory post to this thread - I'll have to go with it, since they were so critical to the plot and due to how much they saturated the market with Ewok specials and toys afterwords.

8.  No clue.

9.  No clue.
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 9:21:58 AM EDT
[#9]

Han Solo

A subjective question.  Luke was good, but he sprayed a bit when Obi Wan got killed.
I can't recall Princess Leia ever missing, but she didn't shoot much.
Chewie and Han are both good.  Chewie's long shot at the speeder bike, and Han's headshot to the stormtrooper stand out.
Wedge is consistently good too.

Reel 2 - something 2 -- something to do with movie film

It's been said already, but I believe Blue Harvest is correct.  Revenge of the Jedi was going to be the release title, but they thought Revenge was too harsh for a Jedi, and also Star Trek 2 was going to be called The Revenge of Khan, and they thought that would be too similar.

There were 3 made for TV spinoffs from starwars, what were their titles and year they came out?(does not include cartoons)

Star Wars Christmas special  (1977 or 1978)
Droids?

In theatrical release order, it was the Star Destroyer scene with all the bounty hunters in ESB.  Chronologically, it was on the clone planet in Ep 2.

A very vague question with many possibel answers.  I'd guess 'Ewok' might be what you're going for.  'Yoda' was said, I know.

Current Obi-wan Ewan McGregor is the real life nephew of somone who was in the original trilogy, Who is that person and whom did he play?

Not sure.  Curious to find out.

The man who played Adm. "It's a Trap" Ackbar was also in another George Lucas si-fi film, what was that film and whom did he play?

I was stumped on this one, so I went to the IMDB to look it up, and I found nothing.  Not sure what you're going for here.  Are you referring to Timothy Rose for Ackbar?
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 9:23:29 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Photoman, didn't jump into this thread without reading it first, did you?
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 9:24:37 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Come on... Out with it...

I want to know how I was off on the Boba Fett stuff. I listed all three "first" appearances ...

Oh, I forgot, he was on the animated short that was on the sucky Star Wars Christmas special. I stand corrected.

ETA: However, CHRONOLOGICALLY (in accepted canon), Boba Fett's first appearance was Ep. II as a child.

Alright alright, here are the answers

Han Solo

Princess Leia, she hits everyone she shoots at

From film editing lingo as in "Reel2 Dialogue2"

Blue Harvest

The Star Wars Holiday Special 1978, The Ewok Adventure 1984, Ewoks: The battle for Endor 1985

When did Boba Fett first appear?
in an animated segment of the Holiday special in 1978

Ewoks

The actor is Denis Lawson who played Wedge

The film was Howard the Duck, and he played, Howard the Duck. Actually he was one of seven people listed as playing howard the duck, 1 other person is listed as the voice credit.
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 9:26:59 AM EDT
[#12]
Uh huh....nerds.

Sgat1r5
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 9:27:13 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Not sure.  Curious to find out.

I remember hearing about that.  I don't remember who it was though.  For some reason Grand Moff Tarkin sticks in my mind...
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 9:27:26 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Photoman, didn't jump into this thread without reading it first, did you?

I hit most of page 1 and than skipped through page two yah I missed that one I know.

I should mention my source for these is the Sept 2004 issue of Maxim, pages 124-126.
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 9:37:31 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Alright alright, here are the answers

Han Solo

If you want to be really anal and technical, there are  several in addition to Han Solo.

Luke for one - because he uses it BEFORE he is a Jedi.  (I guess technically this would apply to Obi Wan and Aniken and all other Jedi-in-training as well)

People like Darth Maul, and others of the Sith - because they certainly are NOT Jedi any longer, and it's not clear that all of them ever were Jedi.
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 9:38:44 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
The leader of which squadron crashed through the bridge window of the SSD in ROTJ?
green (not sure of this one)
What was Luke's gunner in the snowspeeder in ESB?
Hobbie
What cell block was Chewie being transferred from in the Death Star in ANH?

I only know #2 and 3

Dack was Luke's gunner in ESB, and I think 1138 is right.

1138.  A reference to one of Lucas' earlier works, THX-1138, I believe.
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 10:43:04 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

That's IT !!!

Han Solo (in the ep 1 Aura Sing)
Luke (he can bullseye womp rats)
I don't know this one and do not have a guess.
Blue Harves (that might be the fake title to Empire though)
Only thing I can think of is a couple Ewok movies, one was Ewok Adventure
Star Wars Christmas special
Return (just a wild guess)
Denis Lawson - Wedge Antillies

THX1138 (my guess, I have never seen the movie so I don't know who he might have played)

Ok thats all of them.

Forgive spelling errors, I am the worst and I am not going to cheat to look up how to spell words.
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 10:55:21 AM EDT
[#18]
I have to say, this thread is the first time I EVER remember having seen "Howard the Duck" referred to as "Science Fiction!"
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 10:57:05 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
I have to say, this thread is the first time I EVER remember having seen "Howard the Duck" referred to as "Science Fiction!"

Yeah I have a problem with the way that question was worded.
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 11:03:08 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

being a desiganted sci-fi nut and prop builder, it offended me as well..
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 11:03:37 AM EDT
[#21]
The more I think about the Leia as best shot thing - the more I can't believe it.  I have to re-watch episode IV - but I doubt she hit with every shot the first time she grabbed a blaster in that rescue sequence.

Perhaps Maxim was confusing her with Princess Vespa?

All of the "good guys" did some pretty impressive shooting on multiple escapes into the Millenium Falcon.  I wonder who made the longest shot?
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 11:05:38 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
The more I think about the Leia as best shot thing - the more I can't believe it.  I have to re-watch episode IV - but I doubt she hit with every shot the first time she grabbed a blaster in that rescue sequence.

All of the "good guys" did some pretty impressive shooting on multiple escapes into the Millenium Falcon.  I wonder who made the longest shot?

Chewie made the longest and most accurate shots by far.
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 11:14:43 AM EDT
[#23]
IT’S A TRAP!

BigDozer66
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 11:18:39 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I think Leia missed on some of the shots she took when her and Luke swung across that chase.
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 11:20:32 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

being a desiganted sci-fi nut and prop builder, it offended me as well..

I don't label the genres guys, sorry. But ya got to admit it come on Howard the duck was sifi I mean it was about an alien duck was it not. But hey if ya got a problem with it, take it up with the fine folks at Maxim they used the term not me.

Link Posted: 9/28/2004 11:21:17 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I think Leia missed on some of the shots she took when her and Luke swung across that chase.

I think you may be right, but take it up with the source.
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 11:23:10 AM EDT
[#27]
Am I!

BigDozer66
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 11:24:59 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

now, would her shots at the Slave1 one be considered hits or misses?
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 11:30:16 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

now, would her shots at the Slave1 one be considered hits or misses?

Good point, but she was shooting at the ship since Boba Fett had already gone inside, so I guess that is a hit.
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 12:01:58 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Yeah - that one was even more obvious than the first time she has a blaster - I'm not sure why I didn't think of that one - but then again I couldn't have made a "Spaceballs" joke.  Some horrible shooting across the board in that bridge scene.  I guess Luke did manage to hit the controls, gotta give him credit for that.
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 12:06:03 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 12:08:04 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:

If you are going to steal my picture, I want credit!

Credit given.  I simply saved it when you first posted it.

shees.  some people.

ok I just changed it in my file.  From now on when it is posted it shall read

originally posted by  tatjana
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 12:08:33 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
and you're the FIRST person to get Nien Nunb, and I've asked that one to people who were SW "experts" before.

Well done.

I'm not an expert, but even I knew that one.

Remember the Alamo, and God Bless Texas...
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 12:10:35 PM EDT
[#34]
if you watch the first battle scene on the big empire ship and look at one of the defenders, it is harrison ford, as an extra.

txl
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 12:11:24 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:
and you're the FIRST person to get Nien Nunb, and I've asked that one to people who were SW "experts" before.

Well done.

Bonus question

What race is Nien Nunb?
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 12:11:38 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
If you watch Attack of the Clones there is a scene where Jango Fett bumps his head while walking into Slave 1 that was put in as a throw back to the scene you mentioned.

That scene was put in to explain the dent in Boba's helmet in ESB.
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 12:13:26 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Quoted:
If you watch Attack of the Clones there is a scene where Jango Fett bumps his head while walking into Slave 1 that was put in as a throw back to the scene you mentioned.

I call B.S. on that one.
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 12:14:36 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Then get this game www.starwarsgalaxies.com and prepair to give up all your free time.

I am aware of the game and it sounds really good, but for two reasons I can't play it.

1. I am a Nintendo Fan boy, so if it does not come out for Nintendo I don't have it.
2. I have slow internet at home and online games don't work as well on it.

me being another diehard starwars fan tried it out.  it's not worth it....they ruined everything...it's sposed to be set in the original trilogy time, yet there are a very high number of jedi wondering around in plain site....i gave it up, because it ruined the whole star wars feel for me....
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 12:15:25 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I call B.S. on that one.

Nope. It's true.

Also,  Nien Numb is a Sullustan from the planet Sullust  
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 12:15:35 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I call B.S. on that one.

Yeah - that's quite a stretch - I'm pretty certain Fett has more than his share of battles under his belt to account for numerous nicks, dents, and scratches.
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 12:17:39 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Well done.

Bonus question

What race is Nien Nunb?

Sullustian.  He was a local that they picked up while "massing" there.
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 12:18:36 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Well done.

Bonus question

What race is Nien Nunb?
Sulustian

Link Posted: 9/28/2004 12:19:31 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Quoted:
How about the flying "H", or the .357ish sound that you hear when Hans Solo is shooting. can't remember which one it is.

Not sure what your asking but, the sounds for the blasters came from the sound guide wires that held up radio antenna made when struck.

Right after Star Wars first came out I was playing outside and for some reason was wearing a construction hardhat.  I stood up into a clothesline and voila!!   Blaster sound.   I was so proud of myself!!
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 12:24:12 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I call B.S. on that one.

Nope. It's true.

Good job on Sullust, but I would need to see some proof on the Boba Fett dent.

The scene with Jango was added to put a link between him and the Stormtroopers (they still carry the hitting the head on stuff gene) but I have not read that Boba got that dent from hitting his head (if you are saying that Boba has the same helmet as Jango and the dent got there when Jango hit his head that is not true because the dent would be in the wrong spot and Jango had no dent later in the movie).  I need to see your proof.
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 12:27:43 PM EDT
[#45]
I believe that Boba Fett first 'appeared' in the Hollywood Christmas Parade of 1977...
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 12:30:31 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I call B.S. on that one.

Nope. It's true.

Good job on Sullust, but I would need to see some proof on the Boba Fett dent.

The scene with Jango was added to put a link between him and the Stormtroopers (they still carry the hitting the head on stuff gene) but I have not read that Boba got that dent from hitting his head (if you are saying that Boba has the same helmet as Jango and the dent got there when Jango hit his head that is not true because the dent would be in the wrong spot and Jango had no dent later in the movie).  I need to see your proof.

I remember reading it on a fan forum, but can't recall where.  You are correct about the "easter egg" being put into place by George Lucas.  

Official Star Wars Homing Beacon#61, easter eggs:

"It appears that Fett genes and low headroom don't mix. In an homage to the classic Star Wars misstep, wherein a stormtrooper bangs his head on a low-hanging door, Jango Fett also takes a wallop on the noggin -- complete with sound effect -- as he enters the Slave I after tangling with Obi-Wan."

I bow my saber to you, Wedge
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 12:33:49 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

I remember reading it on a fan forum, but can't recall where.  You are correct about the "easter egg" being put into place by George Lucas.  

Well that fan is wrong.  I am sorry to get so upset about this, but I am a huge Boba Fett fan.  By far my favorite SW person, always has been.  I cried when he fell into the Sarlac Pit.
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 12:50:07 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Well done.

Suuuuuuuure you did...

Seriously... I have asked that one probably 20 times and never got anything but a shrug.
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 12:56:10 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Well that fan is wrong.  I am sorry to get so upset about this, but I am a huge Boba Fett fan.  By far my favorite SW person, always has been.  I cried when he fell into the Sarlac Pit.

You are quite the sensitive type.

crying over Boba fett in the pit, crying over peeing on spider man...

Seriously though - I have always favored Fett - he is the perfect neutral and amoral soldier of fortune.  I was very impressed by how even Vader seemed to respect him - he is the only person in the series that gets away with questioning Vader's judgement.
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 12:57:33 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Chill dude. It will be OK.  In the expanded universe Boba Fett escapes from the Pit of Sarlac after many years. IIRC.

may the force be with you
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top