Site Notices
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 1:00:21 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I remember reading it on a fan forum, but can't recall where.  You are correct about the "easter egg" being put into place by George Lucas.  

I bow my saber to you, Wedge

Well that fan is wrong.  I am sorry to get so upset about this, but I am a huge Boba Fett fan.  By far my favorite SW person, always has been.  I cried when he fell into the Sarlac Pit.

Chill dude. It will be OK.  In the expanded universe Boba Fett escapes from the Pit of Sarlac after many years. IIRC.

may the force be with you

I know and it made me feel a little better.  Also I was listening to the commentary from Lucas during the scene and he mentioned that he had thought about putting a scene with Boba climbing out, but decided not to.  So that was some consolation.
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 1:01:58 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I have to say, this thread is the first time I EVER remember having seen "Howard the Duck" referred to as "Science Fiction!"

Yeah I have a problem with the way that question was worded.

It's a twap?

Link Posted: 9/28/2004 1:04:49 PM EDT
[#3]
I am

Link Posted: 9/28/2004 1:05:46 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I remember reading it on a fan forum, but can't recall where.  You are correct about the "easter egg" being put into place by George Lucas.  

Well that fan is wrong.  I am sorry to get so upset about this, but I am a huge Boba Fett fan.  By far my favorite SW person, always has been.  I cried when he fell into the Sarlac Pit.

Chill dude. It will be OK.  In the expanded universe Boba Fett escapes from the Pit of Sarlac after many years. IIRC.

I know and it made me feel a little better.  Also I was listening to the commentary from Lucas during the scene and he mentioned that he had thought about putting a scene with Boba climbing out, but decided not to.  So that was some consolation.

Here is where I saw it Wedge:

cgi.theforce.net/theforce/tfn.cgi?storyID=16964
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 1:08:33 PM EDT
[#5]
I remember in the comic book "Boba Fett: Enemy of the Empire"  that Boba Fett got the dent in his helmet from one of his own blaster shots when it was deflected by Darth Vaders light saber.  You can even see his helmet smoking at the spot of the dent.   As a big Boba Fett fan Wedge, I am suprised you don't have this book.  I think this story makes more sense than the helmet being dented from Jango hitting his head. If you look at the dent(ROTJ) it appears very rounded like it was pushed in not at all like a corner dent which would be more of a crease.
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 1:10:08 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Here is where I saw it Wedge:

cgi.theforce.net/theforce/tfn.cgi?storyID=16964

From that link

The dent in the Kamino battle with Obi-Wan is actually on the top right hand side in the middle, not towards the front like Boba's. The dent occurs when Jango lands on his head over the edge right before he pulls Obi-Wan down with him. The dent which we are supposed to be believe is the same dent as Boba's is the one Jango sustains on Geonosis after being hit and run over by the Reek. This dent is in about the right spot as Boba's on the left towards the front and we can only believe that Boba keeps the dent to honor his father Jango who fell to Mace Windu. It should also explain the Padawan Braids that Boba carries in the later episodes. (correction: the braids Boba Fett collects are wookiee scalps)

I will have to watch Jango's death scene again to see if I can see the dent after he gets run over.

Also I think that Boba will kill Mace in the next one.  I have not read that anywhere, just my own thoughts.
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 1:17:43 PM EDT
[#7]
what do you know
here I found a picture from the comic book in question:

boba fett dent
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 1:18:03 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Also I think that Boba will kill Mace in the next one.  I have not read that anywhere, just my own thoughts.

Most of the rumors say that Mace will be killed by either Palpatine or Anakin.
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 1:20:42 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I am sticking with my Boba theory.
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 1:21:20 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Seriously though - I have always favored Fett - he is the perfect neutral and amoral soldier of fortune.  I was very impressed by how even Vader seemed to respect him - he is the only person in the series that gets away with questioning Vader's judgement.

Fett was very cool until Lucas started dorking around with the prequels.  Pick up Tales of the Bounty Hunters, Tales from Jabba's Palace and The Bounty Hunter Wars series of novels to see how cool he used to be.

Boba Fett was a man with an iron will and a black-and-white view of right and wrong.  He had an almost Puritanical view of intoxicants and sex.  He did bounty collections for the Empire because he saw the Rebellion as exactly that - a group of outlaws rebelling against the legitimate government.

I call BS on the helmet dent as well.  Boba Fett's armor is markedly different that Jango Fett's.  Also, Boba Fett went through more than one suit of armor in the novels and carried at least one extra set in Slave One.

Kirk
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 1:22:28 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 1:25:04 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Seriously though - I have always favored Fett - he is the perfect neutral and amoral soldier of fortune.  I was very impressed by how even Vader seemed to respect him - he is the only person in the series that gets away with questioning Vader's judgement.

Fett was very cool until Lucas started dorking around with the prequels.  Pick up Tales of the Bounty Hunters, Tales from Jabba's Palace and The Bounty Hunter Wars series of novels to see how cool he used to be.

Boba Fett was a man with an iron will and a black-and-white view of right and wrong.  He had an almost Puritanical view of intoxicants and sex.  He did bounty collections for the Empire because he saw the Rebellion as exactly that - a group of outlaws rebelling against the legitimate government.

I call BS on the helmet dent as well.  Boba Fett's armor is markedly different that Jango Fett's.  Also, Boba Fett went through more than one suit of armor in the novels and carried at least one extra set in Slave One.

Kirk

All true.  When that scene of him in Jabba's palace with the dancing girls came out I was outraged.  Fett did not have time for chicks, he only had time for ass kicking.
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 1:26:16 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Boba will still be a child through most of Ep3, though, and it's already known that Anakin helped the Emperor hunt down and destroy the Jedi.  I guess Boba could pull some kind of plant-a-bomb-in-Mace's-underwear thing, but I don't think we'll even see him in Ep3.

Link Posted: 9/28/2004 1:26:20 PM EDT
[#14]
From the commentary on the comic book:

(I'm sure your wondering who lives and who dies, well, I'm not going to tell you. If you really like Boba Fett, this comic series is a must read)

I'm sure most of us already know how Vader dies, and most of us know that Boba Fett wasn't anywhere near Vader at the time.  Some StarWars Universe literature has Boba Fett escaping from Sarlacc.  Apparently the duel ends in a stalemate or an escape.
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 1:29:29 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
I am

www.matthewbarr.co.uk/personality/images/lando1.jpg

+1 - I'm the malt liquor guy!
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 1:30:47 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Kirk

I think the Fett's armor is Mandalorian armor, very rare in the time of the movies, but available.  Not sure on the timeline, but before Ep1, the Republic/Jedi fought a war against the Mandalorians, who were said to be some of the most fearsome warriors in the galaxy, nearly equal in combat to the Jedi themselves.
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 1:33:08 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Boba will still be a child through most of Ep3, though, and it's already known that Anakin helped the Emperor hunt down and destroy the Jedi.  I guess Boba could pull some kind of plant-a-bomb-in-Mace's-underwear thing, but I don't think we'll even see him in Ep3.

I am not sure of the time line for the new one, but Boba will be a few years older at least.  And the actor that played Jango is back and I am betting it is for more than just some clone shots.
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 1:33:44 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Kirk

All true.  When that scene of him in Jabba's palace with the dancing girls came out I was outraged.  Fett did not have time for chicks, he only had time for ass kicking.

I actually felt it added to his character - of course, I haven't read any of the books.
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 1:50:52 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

hr

I am not sure of the time line for the new one, but Boba will be a few years older at least.  And the actor that played Jango is back and I am betting it is for more than just some clone shots.

I think most of Ep3 takes place only 2 or 3 years after Ep2.  After all, Hayden Christiansen hasn't aged that much, and he's still playing Anakin.  We'll miss seeing most of the Clone Wars as Ep3 picks up towards the end of them.  Boba would probably be a young teenager, if he's even that old.  Temuera Morrison (who played Jango/clones) will play the clones, and several Commander clones (Commander Cody/Thire/Bly).  One of those commander clones somehow became good friends with Obi-wan, presumably by going on various missions with him in between movies.  Also, Daniel Logan played Boba Fett in Ep2, and so far is not listed in the acting credits for Ep3.  The time frame would make it fairly easy to re-cast him as Boba Fett, since both the character and actor would have aged roughly the same amount between movies.

At some point towards the end of Ep3, the timeline will fast-forward roughly 20 years so we can see Vader in full garb.  According to James Earl Jones, they only needed his voice for the last 5 minutes or so of the movie.  Also, a recent report stated that one of the last scenes of Ep3 will have C3P0 in the same starship corridor where we first see him in Ep4.

I'm such a geek.  hat
http://www.theforce.net/episode3/

eta:  The acting credits are listed on IMDB.  They're probably fairly accurate since shooting is basically done for the film.  There may be some pickups left to do, and of course the effects are still being worked on.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0121766/fullcredits
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 1:53:20 PM EDT
[#20]
I am sticking with my Boba theory.  He was mighty pissed at Mace at the end of ep 2.
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 1:55:32 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
I am sticking with my Boba theory.  He was mighty pissed at Mace at the end of ep 2.

I must admit, Boba taking revenge on Mace would be pretty cool.  I just don't think it will happen.  
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 6:04:28 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
Uh huh....nerds.

Sgat1r5

Says the dude who plays with dolls.

Link Posted: 9/29/2004 4:05:41 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

In Return of the Jedi this word is suprisingly NOT spoken, which word is it?

Yoda?

Obi-Wan's first sentence in the movie is: "Yoda will always be with you." Just after Yoda dies.
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 4:11:17 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Actually it was immediately after the battle at the Pit of Carkoon. It was long enough to really mess him up though.

I like Boba Fett as much as everybody, but I'm hoping Mace Windu doesn't die by some stupid bomb or something. He's the most badassed Jedi (aside from Yoda of course); he should go down in a badass saber fight. I'm kinda hopin' to see the Emperor get in a little bladeplay too.
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 6:39:28 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yoda?

Obi-Wan's first sentence in the movie is: "Yoda will always be with you." Just after Yoda dies.

whoops! And I just watched RoTJ this past weekend...
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 6:40:37 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Actually it was immediately after the battle at the Pit of Carkoon. It was long enough to really mess him up though.

I like Boba Fett as much as everybody, but I'm hoping Mace Windu doesn't die by some stupid bomb or something. He's the most badassed Jedi (aside from Yoda of course); he should go down in a badass saber fight. I'm kinda hopin' to see the Emperor get in a little bladeplay too.

One of Samuel Jackson's caveats was that he wouldn't do Ep. III if Mace Windu went out like a punk... I don't think you have anything to worry about.  
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 6:42:34 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yoda?

I believe the first time the word Yoda appears in the movie is when Luke says:  "Master Yoda, you can't die."
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 3:24:27 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yoda?

I believe the first time the word Yoda appears in the movie is when Luke says:  "Master Yoda, you can't die."

D'oh! Right you are.    
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 3:43:58 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

One of Samuel Jackson's caveats was that he wouldn't do Ep. III if Mace Windu went out like a punk... I don't think you have anything to worry about.  

Yep.  And rumor has it that Palpatine and Yoda have a saber fight, possibly a leading cause of why Yoda is so weak in the OT (other than being really old, of course).
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Top Top