BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 2:32:24 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By ramairthree:
Service based economies do not work.

Spending more than you take in from revenue does not work when you are dumping it into nonproductive personnel/zero return-net loss endeavors.

Non real asset backed currencies do not work.

we've been concurrently raping and doing cpr/resuscitation on an economy with all three features for decades.
View Quote
Yes sir!
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 2:35:03 PM EDT
[Last Edit: buck19delta] [#2]
Cracks me up that people expect to make $50k a year flipping burgers, waiting tables, bartending, driving Uber, cleaning hotel rooms and 1000 other jobs that were never intended to support lifestyles and were at best part time / supplemental jobs to the primary breadwinner who worked a “ real job”, making decent money , benefits, etc.

Then same people say they will give shit performance because they make shit pay.  Stop working shit jobs, or find yourself a spouse that makes good money.

Even IF you were paid $50k a year to do that shit job, guess what? Now prices on everything were bumped to offset your pay raise, actual skilled workers had to receive pay bumps too, The dude who was making 50k for a skilled job is now making $100k, and so on and your new $50k isn’t enough to afford a shit apartment, weed and fast food anymore.

Can’t believe this shit is even a thing, stop working and trying to raise families on jobs that were intended as spending money for teenagers/ college kids and go get a real job. Fuck.
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 2:37:30 PM EDT
[#3]
Pussies!
$100/Hr or GTFO!
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 2:40:01 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By djkest:

No one tips McDonalds workers.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By fxntime:
ALL [as in 100%] tipping should cease. They all get paid plenty for the type of work they do now so it's asinine to give them even one dime for a tip.

Doesn't stop them from having a tip jar on the counter.
Roy
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 2:40:02 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 2:51:54 PM EDT
[#6]
People working in the fast food industry need a living wage. Fast food definitely doesn't need teenagers with good attitudes having a first time job and learning how to work and interact with with the public.

We don't need $5 Big Mac Meals. A Big Mac Meal should cost about $20 since it is made with such high quality ingredients.

It needs to be staffed by older people with little ambition to succeed, not much education, no technical or industrial skills, and paid a wage equal to that of nurses, HVAC repair, plumbers, carpenters, brick-layers and others.

In order to survive and support a family the need much ore than a a $25/hour or $51,000/ year wage would support. I fully support a $50 an hour, $102,000/year minimum wage for all California workers, plus 30 days paid vacation, holidays, healthcare, a week off to celebrate your birthday, the significant other's birthday, the children's birthdays, and 30 days of annual sick leave. This is the only clear choice.
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 2:55:49 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Torqued] [#7]
Originally Posted By highstepper:
Lol…do you want more robot fast food?  This is how you get robot fast food.
View Quote

I, for one, welcome our new customer service robot overlords.

I’m in Commiefornia one week a month for work and have had a good chuckle this week at the number of self service kiosks in restaurants that have popped up since the minimum wage law went into effect.
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 2:59:44 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By Torqued:

I, for one, welcome our new customer service robots overlords.

I’m in Commiefornia one week a month for work and have had a good chuckle this week at the number of self service kiosks in restaurants that have popped up since the minimum wage law went into effect.
View Quote

10mm 180 gr hard cast powder coated under 12.5 grains of 800x would take care of the rObOt OvErLOrds.
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 3:00:02 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By realwar:
Saw this coming from a mile away. Hospitality workers say if someone at McDonald's is making $20/hr then we should be making $25/hr.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AC2YIwTcxCE
View Quote

Let them quit and be a McDonalds worker.  So what should an engineer make?
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 3:00:15 PM EDT
[#10]
Fuck them, they made their bed, now they get to sleep in it.
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 3:02:45 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By AeroE:
This is the way to filthier motels managed by Patels.

Most are too filthy and broken down to use now.

View Quote

Import the Third World, you become the Third World.

But, that’s the goal of those pulling strings. Brown serfs.
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 3:03:53 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By olivers_AR:
So what should an engineer make?
View Quote
Probably more than they do now, honestly. I am curious to know how much foreign competition engineers have to deal with in the labor market. I don't really ever see them complain about their jobs being outsourced or given to H1Bs, like what's happening in tech, but that doesn't mean it's not happening.
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 3:06:52 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By jerrwhy01:
Let’s make it 50 bucks an hour!
View Quote

Some Kali Dumbocrat already suggested that.

Might I suggest $500.00 per hour
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 3:14:18 PM EDT
[#14]
Democracy can never work because people are fucking stupid.
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 4:03:02 PM EDT
[Last Edit: fxntime] [#15]
Originally Posted By wyomingnick:

Not really true.

Certain professions like waiting tables and delivering food still get low wages ( below minimum even in some states ) because they are tip based jobs.

If you are talking about actual hourly $15 an hour fast food staff sure, they were never required to be tipped as much as some seem to think so.

But tip based jobs are a different thing.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By wyomingnick:
ALL [as in 100%] tipping should cease. They all get paid plenty for the type of work they do now so it's asinine to give them even one dime for a tip.

Not really true.

Certain professions like waiting tables and delivering food still get low wages ( below minimum even in some states ) because they are tip based jobs.

If you are talking about actual hourly $15 an hour fast food staff sure, they were never required to be tipped as much as some seem to think so.

But tip based jobs are a different thing.

Nope, they still have to make enough to get paid minimum wage, as, well, the minimum. Sorry, nice try.

However, now the owner/management will have to pay them out of their earnings instead of expecting the patrons to pay for their wages through archaic tipping. Pretty much every other civilized country has ceased tipping but for stupid Americans who get guilted to continue at higher and higher percentages.

Times up. You are either worth your wage or you aren't minus tipping.
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 6:09:30 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By Prijador:
If they could logically think about consequences and second order effects, they wouldn’t be liberals /leftists.
View Quote

Very true
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 6:12:31 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By ArpaioFan:

Slight problem, when the shit starts to hurt they'll move to your state in even bigger numbers.  

I am all for them feeling the pain, believe me.   We just need a way to stop them from doing the same shit in the sane parts of the country.
View Quote

The highlighted part is quite true.

You should see/hear the comments from the California transplants that are now in AZ.   A HUGE portion of them somehow think that they need the "amenities" that they left behind from California to be instilled in their new home state.
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 6:13:39 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By buck19delta:
Cracks me up that people expect to make $50k a year flipping burgers, waiting tables, bartending, driving Uber, cleaning hotel rooms and 1000 other jobs that were never intended to support lifestyles and were at best part time / supplemental jobs to the primary breadwinner who worked a “ real job”, making decent money , benefits, etc.
View Quote

What always amazes me is the number of adult men who mow lawns for a living.

When I was a kid, mowing lawns was something that 13 year olds did to make a few bucks.

Now, there's shitloads of dudes who drive around in $60k+ trucks with a trailer and a fancy mower.  And they're apparently making decent money, because people are willing to pay $50 for some other dude to mow their 1/3 acre of grass.

Link Posted: 5/11/2024 6:22:34 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By JLPettimoreIII:
fuck it, $100/hr.

let the bitch burn.
View Quote

Y'all are some stingy fuckers. $1.8 million an hour. Then everyone is a millionaire. They have to work like 1 shift and they can retire.
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 6:27:48 PM EDT
[#20]

Let them quit and be a McDonalds worker.  So what should an engineer make?
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 9:34:42 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By atavistic:
And somehow it will be DJT's fault.
View Quote

Literally Hitler.

That Border Wall needs to cut north to isolate Kommiefornia. May as well take it up to the Kanuckistan border and separate coastal OR and WA from the saner parts.
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 9:56:41 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By Fulcrum-5:
Pump up those wages, and eventually BurgerBot 9000 becomes a practical alternative to meat-people employees.

Eventually, each shift is just one or two employees who sweep up, handle the cash, and call the techs out when there's a glitch.
View Quote

I saw only two or three people running a McDonald's in Phoenix last week. And cleaning up wasn't on the list of things they were doing
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 10:04:47 PM EDT
[#23]
Folks don't think pay compression be like it is, but it do.
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 10:08:50 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By Cardplayer:
Give them 100.00 and hour, pay reparations, give the homeless free needles and alcohol, invite illegals over and put them up in hotels and buy them food, make illegals cops, make squatting legal, etc.. Burn that mother fucker down.
View Quote

You're far too sensitive.
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 10:15:39 PM EDT
[#25]
A  woman said that her rent was $3600/month.  Was she lying or is it really that bad?  Assume a large city in California.
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 5:16:38 AM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By sq40:
Added bonus, CNBC casually confesses real inflation is 19% since 2020.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8PTovCIa4c8
View Quote

What a bunch of crap. Such a long video with many words about nothing.

Rising prices across the board are a reflection of the underlying economic situation. Things like the national debt, interest rate, fiat money.

It's not the fast-food industry, they are the symptom and not the cause.

MSM networks are paid shills to take the heat away from the Fed onto private industry.

But yes. at this point, fast food, the value is just not there.
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 5:21:12 AM EDT
[#27]

Then same people say they will give shit performance because they make shit pay.  Stop working shit jobs, or find yourself a spouse that makes good money.

Even IF you were paid $50k a year to do that shit job, guess what? Now prices on everything were bumped to offset your pay raise, actual skilled workers had to receive pay bumps too, The dude who was making 50k for a skilled job is now making $100k, and so on and your new $50k isn’t enough to afford a shit apartment, weed and fast food anymore.

Can’t believe this shit is even a thing, stop working and trying to raise families on jobs that were intended as spending money for teenagers/ college kids and go get a real job. Fuck.
View Quote

the stupid people don't realize it's the purchasing power of the currency that matters, not the zeros on the currency.,

Remember the "Fight for 15" a few years ago? that's the product of high school retard edjumication.

The only thing that serves people as a viable economic unit is a PM-based currency. Gold, silver platinum, etc. which can't be devalued like this garbage currency.

Link Posted: 5/12/2024 5:22:14 AM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By 4l65e:
Democracy can never work because people are fucking stupid.
View Quote

the best description of what we have is totalitarian democracy.

apparently there is no other kind.

Link Posted: 5/12/2024 5:23:30 AM EDT
[#29]

I get the point but the hourly wage does not easily translate into annual income.

Link Posted: 5/12/2024 1:02:39 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By odiedodi:
Probably more than they do now, honestly. I am curious to know how much foreign competition engineers have to deal with in the labor market. I don't really ever see them complain about their jobs being outsourced or given to H1Bs, like what's happening in tech, but that doesn't mean it's not happening.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By odiedodi:
So what should an engineer make?

H1B's visas are massively abused. 330 million people in this country and you can't find one with the skill set you need but you found this guy in India?  Bullshit, you just don't want to pay them enough to come work for you.
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 1:12:12 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By mardoc:
People working in the fast food industry need a living wage. Fast food definitely doesn't need teenagers with good attitudes having a first time job and learning how to work and interact with with the public.

We don't need $5 Big Mac Meals. A Big Mac Meal should cost about $20 since it is made with such high quality ingredients.

It needs to be staffed by older people with little ambition to succeed, not much education, no technical or industrial skills, and paid a wage equal to that of nurses, HVAC repair, plumbers, carpenters, brick-layers and others.

In order to survive and support a family the need much ore than a a $25/hour or $51,000/ year wage would support. I fully support a $50 an hour, $102,000/year minimum wage for all California workers, plus 30 days paid vacation, holidays, healthcare, a week off to celebrate your birthday, the significant other's birthday, the children's birthdays, and 30 days of annual sick leave. This is the only clear choice.
View Quote
I agree 100%  

There is no possible way a program like this could fail...there are no downsides and everyone wins.

Only thing I would change is making sure they all have a guaranteed severance package that pays them at least a year in salary and benefits if they become unemployed.
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 1:13:37 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By AmericanPeople:
A  woman said that her rent was $3600/month.  Was she lying or is it really that bad?  Assume a large city in California.
View Quote

In L.A? 3600 isn’t out of the ordinary.

I personally know people working 3 jobs just to afford L.A
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 1:14:58 PM EDT
[#33]
Then i bet you have to give all the managers a raise too cant have basic workers making as much or nearly as managers
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 1:16:14 PM EDT
[#34]
Wish everyone would quit saying this will cause robots to take over.  They have been trying to get rid of employess for years and have robots take over, the tech just hasnt been there until now. It was going to happen, and it's fine.  Companies have been trying to find ways to decrease costs since the beginning of time.

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/robots-eat-38-million-fast-food-jobs-question-when-alex-salkever

Article from 2017
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 1:17:34 PM EDT
[#35]
Most people suck at math.
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 1:29:18 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ARDunstan] [#36]
Originally Posted By ad_nauseam:

the stupid people don't realize it's the purchasing power of the currency that matters, not the zeros on the currency.,

Remember the "Fight for 15" a few years ago? that's the product of high school retard edjumication.

The only thing that serves people as a viable economic unit is a PM-based currency. Gold, silver platinum, etc. which can't be devalued like this garbage currency.

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By ad_nauseam:

This guy would like to have a word with you.

Link Posted: 5/12/2024 1:32:21 PM EDT
[#37]

View Quote

Well said

When did every “McJob” command a “living wage”?

You are not making a living from a “side hustle” job.
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 1:35:32 PM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By Tactical_Jew:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Tactical_Jew:
Originally Posted By AmericanPeople:

I'm missing the appeal.
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 1:36:59 PM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By beitodesstrafe:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EutjY759v10
View Quote

Imagine only making $50.00pr hr.

Also now I think iI know how to pronounce your goofy username
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 1:39:40 PM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By jerrwhy01:
Let’s make it 50 bucks an hour!
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/12/2024 1:42:51 PM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By highstepper:
Lol…do you want more robot fast food?  This is how you get robot fast food.
View Quote

When I was in Seattle I watched a robot dispense fries from a freezer and fry them. During cooking the robot shook the baskets to break up any clumps. When the fries finished cooking, the robot lifted the basket, drained the oil and dumped the fries into a bin where a worker salted them and portioned them into serving sizes.

They looked perfect every time. As compared to, say, McDonalds, where the fries are either old and stale, or under. Can’t remember the last time I had McDonalds fries that were fresh and cooked properly.

Maybe robots are the answer.
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 1:05:17 AM EDT
[#42]
that already happened like 20-30 years ago, homie.

@eagarminuteman
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By not_sure:

Yeah, but they will sell off their house for some ridiculous amount of money and move to where you are drive up real estate prices and price you out of the market.  Then they will bring their bad ideas into politics.
that already happened like 20-30 years ago, homie.

@eagarminuteman

In Samuel L Jackson, "Sarcasm MF, do you understand it?".

I typed this out a while ago but still like it. Beer may be involved.  

@JLPettimoreIII
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 1:24:57 AM EDT
[#43]
The gov wants higher wages to get more taxes and de value the dollar.

Link Posted: 5/18/2024 3:23:20 AM EDT
[Last Edit: First-World-Problems] [#44]
Originally Posted By pushinpills05:
Wish everyone would quit saying this will cause robots to take over.  They have been trying to get rid of employess for years and have robots take over, the tech just hasnt been there until now. It was going to happen, and it's fine.  Companies have been trying to find ways to decrease costs since the beginning of time.

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/robots-eat-38-million-fast-food-jobs-question-when-alex-salkever

Article from 2017
View Quote

You’re wasting your breath. Or keystrokes anyway. Every single fast food wage thread it’s the same bullshit.

Look at just the ingredients of a Big Mac, and then the entire menu. Fully automating that isn’t possible from a practical standpoint.  It would cost far more than just paying labor to do it.

They all pile in to claim robots are coming and Big Macs will be $20. And this is as long as I’ve been here.  A lot of places still have trouble staying fully open because of labor shortages. And there’s still no robots or $20 Big Macs.

And all these self proclaimed “economics professors” just can’t seem to grasp that wages aren’t 100 percent of operating costs. All you can get out of morons on here is “why not $100 an hour!”

Our entire system is broken. And it’s never mentioned that most all fast food workers get EBT cards, Medicaid, WIC, subsidized housing payments, utility assistance, etc. that’s paid with tax dollars. If wages make a Big Mac $20, then at least the buyer of the Big Mac pays the workers wages and not tax dollars.

And I haven’t even mentioned the low income W-2 that qualifies for the earned income tax credit. And add in head of household and multiple child tax credits and now tax payers are also paying out $10,000 tax refund checks. With some people getting as much or more tax refund as they actually made in a year.

And I’ve personally seen this stuff. So I’ve given up on wage threads. People think because they took an economics class they are so smart, but people still lack common sense. I guess that saying about stupid people is true. They don’t know they’re stupid.
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 3:56:32 AM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By thirsty:

When I was in Seattle I watched a robot dispense fries from a freezer and fry them. During cooking the robot shook the baskets to break up any clumps. When the fries finished cooking, the robot lifted the basket, drained the oil and dumped the fries into a bin where a worker salted them and portioned them into serving sizes.

They looked perfect every time. As compared to, say, McDonalds, where the fries are either old and stale, or under. Can’t remember the last time I had McDonalds fries that were fresh and cooked properly.

Maybe robots are the answer.
View Quote

The hard part is salting and portioning into serving sizes, well mainly portioning the cooked fries into the correct serving sizes. If it was my place, I would have just had the worker dump the fries instead of wasting the money a fry dropper.

It’s the details and dexterity of hand and fingers that you just can’t fully replicate. That example was just portioning fries.

Now get a robot to put down a bottom bun, slice of meat, shot of sauce, slice of cheese, correct amount of lettuce, middle bun, another meat patty, shot of sauce, correct amount of lettuce, sprinkle of onions, another slice of cheese, top bun, and then put it in a box.

That’s not prepping the ingredients or fetching them from the coolers. And it’s not bagging it, collecting payment and sending it out the drive through window. And that’s just ONE menu item. And then keep It operating 24/7.

My wife and son make about $35 an hour in a factory that has a lot of robots. He says you can’t go an entire shift without the box taper breaking down several times. That’s nothing more than taping boxes.

I’ve worked in factories before and can relate. There’s hundreds if not thousands of moving parts and sensors that have to be in 100% correct alignment to keep it from breaking parts or shutting down.  It takes troubleshooting and skill to keep things running 24/7. Stuff your average pot head can’t or won’t do. So you have to have well paid maintenance and machine operators to babysit everything to stay running.

So TLDR: it’s cheaper just to pay someone to make the sandwich. And will be for the long foreseeable future. I’m sure the cost benefit analysis is still no where near where it needs to be to do a full push to robotics in fast food.  
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 4:42:08 AM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By Prijador:
If they could logically think about consequences and second order effects, they wouldn’t be liberals /leftists.
View Quote

That is a very good observation.
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 5:41:56 AM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By not_sure:

Yeah, but they will sell off their house for some ridiculous amount of money and move to where you are drive up real estate prices and price you out of the market.  Then they will bring their bad ideas into politics.
View Quote

Every. Single. Time.

They turn the paradise they moved to into the sewer they left.

EVERY. SINGLE. TIME.
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 5:47:41 AM EDT
[#48]
The PA Dems are screeching that minimum wage here is $7.25/hour and they babble that it's $15 in Jersey.

They could eliminate it here with no change because nobody works for it to begin with.

The convenience store nearby starts kids at $17 AND BENEFITS.

I have no idea what KFC pays but it sure the fuck ain't $7.25 or they'd be out of business because nobody would work for them.
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 5:53:41 AM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By rdsr:

Roy
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By rdsr:

Roy

A few years back I found a set of business sized cards that I used to drop into tip jars. They had off the wall tips on them and were actually made for that purpose.

Plant your corn early
Stay out of dark alleys
Put $2 on Happy Boy in the 3rd race

Link Posted: 5/18/2024 5:55:45 AM EDT
[#50]
Leftist idiots after losing jobs due to wage hikes: Damn it now we need even more power hour!
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top