Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 5/11/2024 11:42:29 AM EDT
Saw this coming from a mile away. Hospitality workers say if someone at McDonald's is making $20/hr then we should be making $25/hr.

California Workers DEMAND $25 Hour Minimum Wage As State LOSES 10,000 Jobs From Fast Food Wage Hike!
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 11:44:17 AM EDT
[#1]
If they could logically think about consequences and second order effects, they wouldn’t be liberals /leftists.
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 11:45:29 AM EDT
[#2]
Pretty sweet to be able to work fast food and get $48K a year minimum.....no wonder Illegals are burrowing under the ground to get in.
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 11:50:29 AM EDT
[#3]
Give them 100.00 and hour, pay reparations, give the homeless free needles and alcohol, invite illegals over and put them up in hotels and buy them food, make illegals cops, make squatting legal, etc.. Burn that mother fucker down.
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 11:53:10 AM EDT
[#4]
And somehow it will be DJT's fault.
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 11:54:48 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Cardplayer:
Give them 100.00 and hour, pay reparations, give the homeless free needles and alcohol, invite illegals over and put them up in hotels and buy them food, make illegals cops, make squatting legal, etc.. Burn that mother fucker down.
View Quote

Slight problem, when the shit starts to hurt they'll move to your state in even bigger numbers.  

I am all for them feeling the pain, believe me.   We just need a way to stop them from doing the same shit in the sane parts of the country.
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 11:59:33 AM EDT
[#6]
Pump up those wages, and eventually BurgerBot 9000 becomes a practical alternative to meat-people employees.

Eventually, each shift is just one or two employees who sweep up, handle the cash, and call the techs out when there's a glitch.
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 12:00:18 PM EDT
[#7]
Lol…do you want more robot fast food?  This is how you get robot fast food.
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 12:00:26 PM EDT
[#8]
lol kali.

let the leftist shithole burn.
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 12:02:31 PM EDT
[#9]
The unions will all gain $10/hr to their contracts at a minimum which means more money coming back to the democrap party.
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 12:03:24 PM EDT
[#10]
Let’s make it 50 bucks an hour!
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 12:05:10 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Pallas] [#11]
People don't get taught economics in high school and most don't pay attention to it, if they even have to take it, in college.

I said this a long time ago to the min wage increase freaks... If you get bumped to $20hr, your manager and everyone else is going to demand an increase, and costs will increase across the board, it will be a zero gain in the end, but they don't listen, because they are stupid.

Now everyone is trying to demand a tip in order to make their employees/position more attractive.
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 12:05:26 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By jerrwhy01:
Let's make it 50 bucks an hour!
View Quote
fuck it, $100/hr.

let the bitch burn.
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 12:06:24 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By Prijador:
If they could logically think about consequences and second order effects, they wouldn’t be liberals /leftists.
View Quote

FPNI

They want shit that "sounds good" but lack the ability to think through the consequences... or even recognize the consequences when they are bitten in the ass by those consequences.

Most will just double-down on stupid shit.
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 12:11:57 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AeroE] [#14]
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 12:12:24 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 12:13:59 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By highstepper:
Lol…do you want more robot fast food?  This is how you get robot fast food.
View Quote

Doesn't sound like a totally bad thing... A robot won't forget to wash it's hands after wiping it's ass or decide to spit on the food if it's having a bad day.
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 12:15:54 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By mayday:

Pretty sweet to be able to work fast food and get $48K a year minimum.....no wonder Illegals are burrowing under the ground to get in.
View Quote

For them it's like hitting the jackpot.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 12:23:46 PM EDT
[#18]
What these people don't get is that they are fast food workers, generally considered to be among the lowest skilled workers out there.

Oh, many people working fast food are doing a good job but if they had skills they would go somewhere else. And a great many fast food workers are so bad at their jobs that it keeps people away from fast food restaurants.

Now, you go paying $25 an hour for fast food and what happens is the fast food restaurants suddenly can start hiring people who are worth $25.00 an hour. And that means the current fast food workers lose their jobs. I mean, if you are paying $10.00 an hour you might have to put up with the slack jawed tatted up guy who comes in smelling like weed 15 minutes late every day. He's all you can get for $10 and hour. But if you have to pay him $25 then why not get rid of him and get someone who will show up early, clean and eager to do the job?

Link Posted: 5/11/2024 12:44:31 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By Thuban:
What these people don't get is that they are fast food workers, generally considered to be among the lowest skilled workers out there.

Oh, many people working fast food are doing a good job but if they had skills they would go somewhere else. And a great many fast food workers are so bad at their jobs that it keeps people away from fast food restaurants.

Now, you go paying $25 an hour for fast food and what happens is the fast food restaurants suddenly can start hiring people who are worth $25.00 an hour. And that means the current fast food workers lose their jobs. I mean, if you are paying $10.00 an hour you might have to put up with the slack jawed tatted up guy who comes in smelling like weed 15 minutes late every day. He's all you can get for $10 and hour. But if you have to pay him $25 then why not get rid of him and get someone who will show up early, clean and eager to do the job?

View Quote

Me thinks you’re suffering from wishful thinking.
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 12:51:20 PM EDT
[#20]
ALL [as in 100%] tipping should cease. They all get paid plenty for the type of work they do now so it's asinine to give them even one dime for a tip.
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 12:52:28 PM EDT
[#21]
Added bonus, CNBC casually confesses real inflation is 19% since 2020.

Why Fast Food Has Gotten So Expensive
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 12:53:53 PM EDT
[#22]
15, 20,  25 ... why not 100? Just skip to the good part, right?
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 12:54:17 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By fxntime:
ALL [as in 100%] tipping should cease. They all get paid plenty for the type of work they do now so it's asinine to give them even one dime for a tip.
View Quote

No one tips McDonalds workers.
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 12:54:57 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By sq40:
Added bonus, CNBC casually confesses real inflation is 19% since 2020.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8PTovCIa4c8
View Quote

The drive thru lines are empty at the two McDonald's down the street.
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 12:56:19 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By djkest:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By djkest:

Plenty of other places besides the golden gut.
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 12:58:49 PM EDT
[#26]
Funny what happens when you jack up the minimum wage so much that most jobs become minimum wage jobs.
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 12:59:37 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AR18] [#27]
I'm waiting for more restaurants and eateries to close up in California.

Then they can introduce Soylentt Green.
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 1:00:00 PM EDT
[#28]
Their labor probably is worth $25 an hour, but the IMF fucking hates them.

Link Posted: 5/11/2024 1:01:16 PM EDT
[#29]
Looking more and more like a self-correcting problem.
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 1:02:02 PM EDT
[Last Edit: RogueSpear2023] [#30]
Just make a million dollars an hour then everyone will be happy with million dollar value menu.

If you think of the wage like ladder if you raise the minimum wage you just cut rungs off the later now everyone above the minimum makes less
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 1:02:20 PM EDT
[Last Edit: tsg68] [#31]
Democrats hate the middle class. They’ve destroyed investment options and they’re destroying convenience options for them too.
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 1:14:28 PM EDT
[#32]
Not my problem. But I’ve asked myself how much would they have to pay me to work a drive through and cash register part time (no benefits) with random shit hours? The answer is a lot!
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 1:16:04 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By StevenH:
Not my problem. But I've asked myself how much would they have to pay me to work a drive through and cash register part time (no benefits) with random shit hours? The answer is a lot!
View Quote
I'd need a million dollars an hour just to live in California.
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 1:18:18 PM EDT
[#34]
Not my problem. But I’ve asked myself how much would they have to pay me to work a drive through and cash register part time (no benefits) with random shit hours? The answer is a lot!
View Quote

That is why they were ALWAYS teenager and retired people jobs.

They were never skilled living wage jobs you could raise a family on.
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 1:38:39 PM EDT
[#35]
Went to a Farmers Brothers in Corona for a burger.
Sat 2nd in line for 15 minutes while a 60 YO chalupa tried to figure out how to... I don't know,  breath?
This dumb ass couldn't speak any English, let alone read or understand it.
I said loudly that this is what $20/hr gets you, and started walking out.
A worker in back told that was rude.

As I was going through the door, 3 more people followed me.
He comes the manager asking what's wrong.
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 1:41:35 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By JLPettimoreIII:
lol kali.

let the leftist shithole burn.
View Quote

Yeah, but they will sell off their house for some ridiculous amount of money and move to where you are drive up real estate prices and price you out of the market.  Then they will bring their bad ideas into politics.
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 1:43:29 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By Cardplayer:
View Quote

Yes.

Also, we need a new currency that isn't shitcoin.
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 1:49:27 PM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By not_sure:

Yeah, but they will sell off their house for some ridiculous amount of money and move to where you are drive up real estate prices and price you out of the market.  Then they will bring their bad ideas into politics.
View Quote
that already happened like 20-30 years ago, homie.

@eagarminuteman
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 1:49:31 PM EDT
[#39]

That is why they were ALWAYS teenager and retired people jobs.

They were never skilled living wage jobs you could raise a family on.
View Quote
You can't really gatekeep the labor market in some centrally planned appropriate age per job scheme according to your whims. Wages are depressed broadly, and it doesn't help that we've offshored a lot of middle class jobs over the last few decades.  We're barely keeping a lid on the economic situation as it is. When the day comes that people can't even afford to eat, which seems like a certainty at the rate we're going, things are going to get violent.

I would rather address the issues now than hit that point, which is why I don't like clowning on the service industry that much. The vocal minority calling for minimum wage increases are usually assholes and communists, but that doesn't change the fact that there's a much greater number of people silently struggling to get ahead right now, and I don't like lumping them in with the former.
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 1:50:01 PM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By Chukar:
Went to a Farmers Brothers in Corona for a burger.
Sat 2nd in line for 15 minutes while a 60 YO chalupa tried to figure out how to... I don't know,  breath?
This dumb ass couldn't speak any English, let alone read or understand it.
I said loudly that this is what $20/hr gets you, and started walking out.
A worker in back told that was rude.

As I was going through the door, 3 more people followed me.
He comes the manager asking what's wrong.
View Quote
pics of chalupa?
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 1:50:40 PM EDT
[#41]
Not my problem. But I've asked myself how much would they have to pay me to work a drive through and cash register part time (no benefits) with random shit hours? The answer is a lot!
View Quote
i turned down $90/hr with SMUD a couple years ago.

fuck kali.
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 1:50:58 PM EDT
[#42]
The sooner they bury it the better
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 1:53:19 PM EDT
[#43]
View Quote

Not really true.

Certain professions like waiting tables and delivering food still get low wages ( below minimum even in some states ) because they are tip based jobs.

If you are talking about actual hourly $15 an hour fast food staff sure, they were never required to be tipped as much as some seem to think so.

But tip based jobs are a different thing.
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 1:53:59 PM EDT
[#44]

coming soon to a state near you.

keep moving to a free state.
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 1:55:00 PM EDT
[#45]
The next raise will fix it, has to

God damn fucking retards

Link Posted: 5/11/2024 1:56:30 PM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By ArpaioFan:

Slight problem, when the shit starts to hurt they'll move to your state in even bigger numbers.  

I am all for them feeling the pain, believe me.   We just need a way to stop them from doing the same shit in the sane parts of the country.
View Quote

Lucky for us, extreme leftism will eventually require they build their own fences, razor wiring facing in.
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 2:09:39 PM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By mayday:

View Quote

now if they made a carve out for illegals to be ineligible for that maximum minimum...
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 2:12:20 PM EDT
[#48]
i turned down $90/hr with SMUD a couple years ago.

fuck kali.
View Quote

I hear you.
I'm ready to get the fuck out!
The money isn't worth dealing with incompetent coworkers, bureaucratic red tape,and just the people in general.
Only been here since February and and going to take a 20% cut in pay to work 12 minutes from home and have weekends and winters off.
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 2:18:05 PM EDT
[#49]
Service based economies do not work.

Spending more than you take in from revenue does not work when you are dumping it into nonproductive personnel/zero return-net loss endeavors.

Non real asset backed currencies do not work.

we’ve been concurrently raping and doing cpr/resuscitation on an economy with all three features for decades.
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 2:29:54 PM EDT
[#50]
fuck it, $100/hr.

let the bitch burn.
View Quote

Weak.

$200/hr or GTFO
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top