Link Posted: 4/15/2024 11:21:05 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By _DR:

I'm going with good shoot.
She was trespassing.

View Quote

lol wut

You shoot everyone that knocks on your door? Just kill the door to door guys and the Amazon delivery man?
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 11:21:38 AM EDT
[#2]
Ben Crump in 3...2....1...
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 11:23:45 AM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By KILLERB6:
Why would he shoot a dead Über driver?
View Quote

My first thoughts.
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 11:24:00 AM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By killstick_engaged:
This guy is how I imagine boomer arfcommers
View Quote

Eighty -one is technically the silent generation
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 11:25:56 AM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By NCPatrolAR:
was she legally invited to be on the property?
View Quote

She was working through Uber Connect, thus would have general license to be there.
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 11:29:12 AM EDT
[Last Edit: TheRealBluedog] [#6]
It’s embarrassing to me to see members of this board, defending this old bastard’s behavior. He should be held without bond so he at least gets to experience some punishment before he dies.  This was not self-defense. This was murder. With as much as people here like to piss and moan about welfare rats, I see remarkably little sympathy for a person who is just trying to work and make some money being murdered by a stupid old bastard who lacks the societal competence to live on his own. If he can’t deal with a fucking scammer and thinks he hast to murder an innocent person because he’s a little annoyed then what the fuck is he doing out on the street? Don’t want to see incompetent people who can’t function in daily life, locked up in insane asylums?isn’t that what we say and response to homeless people attacking random individuals on the street?
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 11:29:21 AM EDT
[#7]

but she wasnt invited so the home owner should be able to claim self defense since she was trespassing
View Quote

what you're doing here-i see it
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 11:33:00 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By konger:
Tragic! Sort of a case of her being in the wrong place at the wrong time. I wonder if Ohio has a stand your ground law and if it will apply here?
View Quote

Ohio does and it won't apply
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 11:47:03 AM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By Scoobysmak:

I would love to see Congress start with the telephone network and making the real number show up only, so no more spoofed calls, but the odds they would try and help the average joe is really slim.
View Quote

You know they'll never do that since their own fundraising and campaign organizations use spoofed numbers.
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 11:52:16 AM EDT
[#10]
This is why the Beekeepers exist
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 11:53:10 AM EDT
[#11]
Damn
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 12:18:06 PM EDT
[#12]
When I came home from overseas, my parents were in almost the same situation with scammers calling and calling and doing package setups.

I had to call the police and use call block.

The messages they left were serious and any packages that was delivered was diverted to the police station.

They stopped this after a while.

Its a scary world out there now especially for seniors.
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 12:41:26 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By bagofcrabs65:
So she didn’t take anything and tried to leave..

And he decided to shoot her?

Charging him because he didn’t call 911 sounds retarded.
View Quote

Making simple comments based on the Press and the OP's retelling of the story sounds retarded too.

They didn't charge him with Murder only based on a timeline of when or if he called 911.
That fact goes to his state of mind and how he processed this incident.
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 12:55:33 PM EDT
[#14]
That guy is an A#1 Fuddmoron. Hammer back and booger hook on the bang switch? WTF dude. Enjoy your stay at poundmeinmycraggyoldass Penitentiary.
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 1:01:28 PM EDT
[#15]
premeditated murder
and he should go to jail

all he had to do was call the cops when she arrived.
and before anyone says "they may have told him not to call the cops" if he is aggressive enough to confront someone with a loaded gun,
then calling the cops should be easy enough
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 1:02:49 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By realwar:

He thought she was part of the scammer crew that was calling him and harassing him. The guy was paranoid and wasn't even thinking. I've read stories about solicitors knocking on people doors and getting shot when they opened the door by old people because they were paranoid.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By KILLERB6:
Why would he shoot a dead Über driver?

He thought she was part of the scammer crew that was calling him and harassing him. The guy was paranoid and wasn't even thinking. I've read stories about solicitors knocking on people doors and getting shot when they opened the door by old people because they were paranoid.

I assume you really didn't read the question before you answered..
Roy
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 1:10:13 PM EDT
[#17]
Nothing more dangerous that a senile old man walking around with a loaded gun, hammer back, and finger on the trigger...........
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 1:13:35 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By pdm:

But they didn't.

What did happen is some old raving fucking lunatic murdered a woman for no good reason.
View Quote
Is anyone here defending the dude?  Do you feel like there is anyone here defending the dude?

I don't think anyone here is making an EXCUSE for the guy, but there is certainly a REASON this happened that is not on the guy.  (Or seems to be, the whole scammers thing might have been made up by the defense attorney already)

I could make an analogy or two, but you seem to be far to emotionally invested to discuss this event.

Yes it is absolutely horrible, yes the guy should spend the short rest of his life in jail.  

But there is certainly an angle to this besides the normal murder that should be explored, for lessons learned.

Both my mother in law and father have been repeatedly harassed by scammers, luckily no one ever showed up on their doorsteps inadvertently doing the scammer's work for them.
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 1:21:05 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By lazyengineer:
Not saying this dude doesn't deserve everything coming - but whoever the scammers are deserve every bit of it too.  They committed murder, as far as I'm concerned.
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/15/2024 1:25:01 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By Currahee:
Is anyone here defending the dude?  Do you feel like there is anyone here defending the dude?

I don't think anyone here is making an EXCUSE for the guy, but there is certainly a REASON this happened that is not on the guy.  (Or seems to be, the whole scammers thing might have been made up by the defense attorney already)

I could make an analogy or two, but you seem to be far to emotionally invested to discuss this event.

Yes it is absolutely horrible, yes the guy should spend the short rest of his life in jail.  

But there is certainly an angle to this besides the normal murder that should be explored, for lessons learned.

Both my mother in law and father have been repeatedly harassed by scammers, luckily no one ever showed up on their doorsteps inadvertently doing the scammer's work for them.
View Quote

Yes, there were a few "good shoot" posts early in this thread.
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 2:29:20 PM EDT
[#21]

View All Quotes

But they didn't.

What did happen is some old raving fucking lunatic murdered a woman for no good reason.

Why ,yes. Yes there is

She was trespassing.

Link Posted: 4/15/2024 2:41:48 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Bacon_Grease] [#22]
Originally Posted By GarandM1:
Bad shoot.  Very bad shoot.
View Quote

This.

If it wasn't clear the reason the woman is limping is because he's already shot her.

Basically he shot this woman unprovoked and then holds her at gunpoint.

It's murder folks.  Sorry if this guy reminds you of your parents/grandparents.

Defense doesn't mean as long as you are on my property I can shoot you.
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 3:23:31 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By tc556guy:

Eighty -one is technically the silent generation
View Quote

Well that’s some bullshit. That dude wasn’t even quiet.
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 3:31:28 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By Bacon_Grease:

This.

If it wasn't clear the reason the woman is limping is because he's already shot her.

View Quote

You obviously haven’t been here for a nice purple-painted nighttime in Texas thread.
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 3:48:45 PM EDT
[#25]
What round for grandpa?
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 3:56:00 PM EDT
[#26]
Yeah….fuck that guy.

I hope he lives long enough to suffer in prison.
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 4:00:15 PM EDT
[#27]

She was trespassing.

View Quote

This is why I tell folks to not shoot over property.

That guy is in jail and will go to prison for the rest of his life because of property.

Link Posted: 4/15/2024 4:17:35 PM EDT
[#28]
Very reminiscent of this incident years ago when a similar but younger idiot shot a salesman for trespassing.  Shooter is rotting in prison where he belongs like oldy mc crapmypants will be in short order.

Meat salesman shot
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 5:00:16 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 5:03:41 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By Orion10182011:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Orion10182011:

I saw the one later in the thread and stand corrected.

I think NCpatrolAR is trolling.
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 5:20:41 PM EDT
[#31]
Video shows Ohio man confront Uber driver before fatal shooting
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 5:57:45 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By Bacon_Grease:

This.

View Quote
She was limping when she arrived before she got shot.
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 6:59:18 PM EDT
[#33]
$10 says he has an 00 or 01 account and any EE transaction is usps money orders only, email for pictures.
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 7:14:29 PM EDT
[#34]
911 audio

Audio
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 7:16:09 PM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By Defcon6280:
Very reminiscent of this incident years ago when a similar but younger idiot shot a salesman for trespassing.  Shooter is rotting in prison where he belongs like oldy mc crapmypants will be in short order.
Meat salesman shot
View Quote
Hell I can even understand shooting door-to-door salesmen. This lady was just trying to GTFO.
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 7:21:41 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ag04blast] [#36]
Man this is just sad all around.  Worse yet these scammers will prob never get caught nor recieve and real punishment.

I won't defend the old guy but I do have empathy for him.
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 7:22:38 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By giantpune:

So....  drugs?  If you can anonymously send random people shuffling around town delivering whatever you want, with no questions asked, I'm thinking somebody is using y'all as drug runners.

As to the drive armed part, well, thats exactly why the old dude shot her.  He thought she was gonna grab a gun, and he already had the drop on her.  If they did find a gun on her or in her car, that would just validate his position even more.

View Quote

Possibly.  I am pretty sure (99.9%) I have had a drug deal ride.

He shot her because he thought she was a scammer.  If she had a gat on her, and some proficiency, she might've got the jump on him.  ANd no, her having a gun on her or in her car wouldn't have validated shit
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 7:23:14 PM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By frtyfivsevnty:
Ben Crump in 3...2....1...
View Quote

Old dude doesn't have that much money.
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 7:32:34 PM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By FightingHellfish:

You obviously haven’t been here for a nice purple-painted nighttime in Texas thread.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By FightingHellfish:

I have not. I tend to check out of threads if I feel they are going that way.

Originally Posted By Houstons_Problem:
She was limping when she arrived before she got shot.

You're right I initially only saw the clip where he already had her at gunpoint.
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 7:41:00 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 7:42:50 PM EDT
[#41]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3ut__kV3KE
View Quote

I'm gonna go out and say it, the old dude probably wont get murder.  Maybe manslaughter.

He had been getting calls with death threats and people pretending to be law enforcement.  Then some random person shows up on his property trying to take whatever package.  I'm gonna call it now.  Old dude walks or gets a manslaughter charge with a mostly probated sentence.

Its a tragic story.  Innocent uber lady died.  The old man wasn't the bad guy, though.  It was whoever was on the phone.
To me, they would have to be local.  Why tell the old dude to take money to the courthouse if you aren't going to be there to pick it up, or have an uber driver pick it up.

I bet it traces back to somebody inside the jail.  Or a family member of somebody inside the jail.
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 8:04:41 PM EDT
[#42]
You can tell in the pictures that she was running her mouth at him instead of just leaving. I know that's genetic and she was bound to do it, and I guess its no excuse for shooting her, but you just can't fuck with some people. Plenty of old people don't give a damn and are waiting for some jackass to give them some shit.
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 8:08:38 PM EDT
[#43]

Your comment should have stopped right at the bolded part. There is no excuse, none, for what that guy did. What a fucking piece of shit.

The question always is would your actions be the same if you were unarmed?  Because if you're going into a situation and behaving a certain way because you have a firearm but would behave differently if unarmed then you need to relook your plan.

I've written this here before and got lit up but IDGAF….I was inadvertently trespassing with my dogs but at the time I thought I wasn't….anyways got approached by a guy who says he's the owner and tells me I'm trespassing. I tell him I didn't think I was but in any case I apologize and I'll leave.  He still sitting in his truck and gets belligerent, beginning to posture like he's going to present a pistol…at least that's my impression.

The question is would he behave the same way if he was unarmed? I don't think so…I think the fact that he was armed caused him to act in threatening way. Luckily he didn't pull a gun because had he I would taken his life. He didn't know that. He was just an angry dude that was armed and because of that he acted in a threatening and belligerent manner. Almost cost him his life….

The old stupid fuck could have done a dozen different things but he chose to kill her. Her actions didn't drive that murder and the fact that the old piece of shit was previously robbed has no bearing on this. He murdered her, plain and simple.

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By fxntime:
Guy shouldn't have done it for sure but people tend to forget that old people get fed up with scammers, especially if they have been financially screwed over and since no part of the government actually does F all about 99% of all crimes that happen if they are not violent, they get into their heads that they need to take care of themselves. Was the UBER driver totally innocent? Probably, but it's also like no UBER driver has never worked with any scammers before either.

And seriously, just never get into an argument at someone else's house where they are armed about ANYTHING, agree, leave, call popo after you leave. Getting into ANY argument, pissing contest, disagreement, or anything else is stupid. It's also human nature to open one's mouth and protest if they think they are innocent, that is where the problem occurs.

Guy is a nut though, cocked and finger on trigger is stupidity all by itself.

Your comment should have stopped right at the bolded part. There is no excuse, none, for what that guy did. What a fucking piece of shit.

The question always is would your actions be the same if you were unarmed?  Because if you're going into a situation and behaving a certain way because you have a firearm but would behave differently if unarmed then you need to relook your plan.

I've written this here before and got lit up but IDGAF….I was inadvertently trespassing with my dogs but at the time I thought I wasn't….anyways got approached by a guy who says he's the owner and tells me I'm trespassing. I tell him I didn't think I was but in any case I apologize and I'll leave.  He still sitting in his truck and gets belligerent, beginning to posture like he's going to present a pistol…at least that's my impression.

The question is would he behave the same way if he was unarmed? I don't think so…I think the fact that he was armed caused him to act in threatening way. Luckily he didn't pull a gun because had he I would taken his life. He didn't know that. He was just an angry dude that was armed and because of that he acted in a threatening and belligerent manner. Almost cost him his life….

The old stupid fuck could have done a dozen different things but he chose to kill her. Her actions didn't drive that murder and the fact that the old piece of shit was previously robbed has no bearing on this. He murdered her, plain and simple.

I'm looking at it from the point of view that he has been threatened, possibly numerous times, and then someone shows up at his house. He's in his 80's, his frame of mind is that he is pretty much defenseless except for a firearm.

The government has failed society in so many ways that I can understand how he thinks even if I don't agree with what he did.
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 8:18:55 PM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By eagarminuteman:

lol wut

You shoot everyone that knocks on your door? Just kill the door to door guys and the Amazon delivery man?
View Quote
Well, that would take care of the porch pirates....  
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 8:26:34 PM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By 1saxman:
You can tell in the pictures that she was running her mouth at him instead of just leaving. I know that's genetic and she was bound to do it, and I guess its no excuse for shooting her, but you just can't fuck with some people. Plenty of old people don't give a damn and are waiting for some jackass to give them some shit.
View Quote

Running her mouth?  She would have been within her rights to shoot the fucker dead.
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 8:27:44 PM EDT
[#46]
I'd be shocked if any (veteran) ARFCOMMers show up and support the dude.

Dude fucked up bad and a person is dead because of it.  I can sort of see what might have lead to it, but to shoot with no articulatable threat against a person who has a reason to be on your property? No buueno, feel sorry for him, feel far more sorry for the lady's family.
View Quote

This
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 8:38:22 PM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By DmL5:

View Quote

Attachment Attached File

Sorry dudes, this guy just proves a lot of anti gun crowds argument that gun owners are low intelligence old white guys lacking good judgment. This guy is a perfect meme.
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 8:42:16 PM EDT
[#48]
The scammer who sent her there should also be charged with murder.
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 8:52:08 PM EDT
[#49]
View All Quotes
He only screwed up by using a gun instead of siccing his dog on her.

Originally Posted By Matthew_Q:
So yeah, the woman was innocent ... but ignorance is not a defense.
She didn't know she was part of a scam, but ignorance is not a defense?
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 8:53:34 PM EDT
[#50]
I think the real moral of the story is that if you are in the business of accepting anonymous job offers to drive to someone's house to take their shit, you run the risk that you are participating in a robbery.
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top