Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 11
Posted: 4/2/2024 12:42:08 PM EDT
https://www.usatoday.com/story/entertainment/celebrities/2024/04/01/angie-harmon-dog-instacart-charlotte-north-carolina/73172429007/

Actor Angie Harmon said Monday that a delivery driver fatally shot her dog outside her home in Charlotte, North Carolina over the weekend.

In an Instagram post on Monday, the former "Law & Order" star said a man delivering groceries for Instacart got out of his car and shot their pet Ollie on Saturday.

"He shot our dog with my daughters and myself at home and just kept saying, 'Yeah, I shot your dog. Yeah I did,'" Harmon wrote in an Instagram post. "We are completely traumatized and beyond devastated at the loss of our beloved boy and family member."

Harmon said the man was not arrested after he claimed "self-defense" but added that "he did not have a scratch or bite on him nor were his pants torn."

The Charlotte-Mecklenburg Police Department did not immediately respond to USA TODAY's request for more information on Monday.

Instacart said the company is in contact with Harmon and is cooperating with law enforcement on their investigation.

“We were deeply saddened and disturbed to hear about this incident," the retail company said in a statement to USA TODAY. "We have no tolerance for violence of any kind, and the shopper account was immediately suspended from our platform."
View Quote

https://www.instagram.com/p/C5Oes8kO0y_/?img_index=5
Link Posted: 4/2/2024 12:45:57 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 4/2/2024 12:48:41 PM EDT
[#2]
Security cam video?
Link Posted: 4/2/2024 12:52:28 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Security cam video?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Security cam video?

from her IG:

This Easter weekend a man delivering groceries for Instacart shot & killed our precious Oliver. He got out of his car, delivered the food & THEN shot our dog. Our ring camera was charging in the house, which he saw & then knew he wasn’t being recorded. The police let him go b/c he claimed “self defense”. He did not have a scratch or bite on him nor were his pants torn.
Link Posted: 4/2/2024 12:53:26 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 4/2/2024 12:53:27 PM EDT
[#5]
 I wonder what the dog breed was....

Link Posted: 4/2/2024 12:53:54 PM EDT
[#6]
"he did not have a scratch or bite on him nor were his pants torn."
View Quote

how many scratches or bites until it's ok to act?
Link Posted: 4/2/2024 12:54:49 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

from her IG:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Security cam video?

from her IG:

This Easter weekend a man delivering groceries for Instacart shot & killed our precious Oliver. He got out of his car, delivered the food & THEN shot our dog. Our ring camera was charging in the house, which he saw & then knew he wasn’t being recorded. The police let him go b/c he claimed “self defense”. He did not have a scratch or bite on him nor were his pants torn.

So famous celebrities only have the one camera?
Link Posted: 4/2/2024 12:56:32 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote

My first thought
Link Posted: 4/2/2024 12:56:50 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Security cam video?

from her IG:

seriously.

and not hard-wired for power?
Link Posted: 4/2/2024 12:57:09 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote

I can't link the photo, but it looks to be a Tibetan Mastiff.
Link Posted: 4/2/2024 12:57:54 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 4/2/2024 12:59:35 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote

Collie
Link Posted: 4/2/2024 1:00:02 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote

Looks like it was a nice, mellow GSD/Lab mix, if I had to guess.
Link Posted: 4/2/2024 1:01:55 PM EDT
[#14]
he said
she said
Link Posted: 4/2/2024 1:02:30 PM EDT
[#15]
Decent jugs.
Link Posted: 4/2/2024 1:03:50 PM EDT
[#16]
Why was the dog running around outside unattended?? I swear there’s never any accountability with women.
Link Posted: 4/2/2024 1:05:39 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Yeah, I'm not sure why people think you have to suffer an injury first before you can defend yourself.
Link Posted: 4/2/2024 1:08:28 PM EDT
[#18]
I spent ten years going to houses, usually climbing the roofs, and ran into dogs regularly.

Never occurred to me to want to shoot one.

I used to snap a photo of them if they got a hold of my shoe or pant leg.
Link Posted: 4/2/2024 1:08:41 PM EDT
[#19]
No relation to Heather Harmon, right?
Link Posted: 4/2/2024 1:09:10 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Why was the dog running around outside unattended?? I swear there’s never any accountability with women.
View Quote

That was my first thought.  Keep your large dog contained when you know a stranger is coming over.  The people who fail to do this are usually the same ones who stand on their porch yelling at their untrained dog while he’s harassing the visitor or passersby on the street.
Link Posted: 4/2/2024 1:09:56 PM EDT
[#21]
I know looks are deceiving but the dog seemed pretty tame. But when a stranger is around they surely can act differently.

Feel bad for the pooch and for the owner.
Link Posted: 4/2/2024 1:10:59 PM EDT
[#22]
Came here for the Angie Harmon pics, left disappointed.
Link Posted: 4/2/2024 1:12:27 PM EDT
[#23]
ATF with a part time job?
Link Posted: 4/2/2024 1:14:20 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I can't link the photo, but it looks to be a Tibetan Mastiff.
View Quote

Wrong dog.

It was the small brown mutt on the left.

Link Posted: 4/2/2024 1:14:23 PM EDT
[#25]
Sorry but thats the same thing as self defense in a person on person shooting. And the family saying well he didnt have a scratch on him, no booleet holes no nuffin.

If the dog was a threat then it was a threat.
Link Posted: 4/2/2024 1:14:38 PM EDT
[#26]
If the dog was outside was there an option to remain in the car?
Link Posted: 4/2/2024 1:16:27 PM EDT
[#27]
I would not advise emulating this guy’s behavior. Sooner or later, you’re gonna run up against somebody that will kill you for shooting their dog, and standing in someone’s front yard with a gun in your hand, isn’t the best situation in which to negotiate for your life with a traumatized homeowner who is probably better armed than you are.

“Well, Officer, I heard a gunshot, so I grabbed my rifle and went to investigate. I saw the guy coming at me with a gun in his hand, so I fired it self-defense. It looks like he shot my poor dog before he tried to get in my house.”
Link Posted: 4/2/2024 1:16:38 PM EDT
[#28]
Learn to code

Learn to cook

Learn to go buy your own groceries.
Link Posted: 4/2/2024 1:17:18 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
I know looks are deceiving but the dog seemed pretty tame. But when a stranger is around they surely can act differently.

Feel bad for the pooch and for the owner.
View Quote

A clip of the dog at home with family tells you nothing about how it reacts to strangers.

Which of the following is more likely?

A:  Driver who visits the homes of strangers for a living is a psychopath or super scared of dogs and shot the customer’s friendly dog for no reason.

B: Dog was untrained and unsocialized and acted aggressively toward a stranger on the property.
Link Posted: 4/2/2024 1:20:10 PM EDT
[#30]
Doggone.   Thats sad.
Link Posted: 4/2/2024 1:21:09 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 4/2/2024 1:21:20 PM EDT
[#32]
Cops are now moonlighting as Instacart drivers?
Link Posted: 4/2/2024 1:23:11 PM EDT
[#33]
I wasn’t there, and I don’t know what happened, but automatically calling good shoot when someone shoots a harmless looking dog is pathetic. Did none of you see the video of the cop shooting the friendly lab that was calmly approaching him? Some people really do think they’re billy bad ass because they have a gun in their hand and just can’t wait to kill something. But that’s a two-way street.
Link Posted: 4/2/2024 1:24:11 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Cops are now moonlighting as Instacart drivers?
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/2/2024 1:24:29 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
I would not advise emulating this guy’s behavior. Sooner or later, you’re gonna run up against somebody that will kill you for shooting their dog, and standing in someone’s front yard with a gun in your hand, isn’t the best situation in which to negotiate for your life with a traumatized homeowner who is probably better armed than you are.

“Well, Officer, I heard a gunshot, so I grabbed my rifle and went to investigate. I saw the guy coming at me with a gun in his hand, so I fired it self-defense. It looks like he shot my poor dog before he tried to get in my house.”
View Quote

You make it sound like the driver shoots dogs habitually.  What do you suggest as the appropriate response when attacked by a dog in a place you are supposed to be?  Let it chew on you?
Link Posted: 4/2/2024 1:25:31 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Depends on the dog.....6 pound Chihuahua, a lot.....150 pound Rottweiler, zero.
Link Posted: 4/2/2024 1:26:37 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Yeah, I'm not sure why people think you have to suffer an injury first before you can defend yourself.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Because you are on my property where my dog lives.  Just because the guy was a pussy and immediately scared because he saw a dog doesn't mean he was actually in a dangerous situation.
Link Posted: 4/2/2024 1:29:10 PM EDT
[#38]
She knew a stranger was coming to deliver an item and she still failed to corral her dog.  The owner owns the fault.
Link Posted: 4/2/2024 1:31:36 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
She knew a stranger was coming to deliver an item and she still failed to corral her dog.  The owner owns the fault.
View Quote

How do you know that?  I have a fenced area at my house.  There are signs to leave deliveries outside the fence yet consistently people walk past and into the fenced area.  Shots fired and my dog hit?  You better believe I'm returning fire.
Link Posted: 4/2/2024 1:33:19 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
I spent ten years going to houses, usually climbing the roofs, and ran into dogs regularly.

Never occurred to me to want to shoot one.

I used to snap a photo of them if they got a hold of my shoe or pant leg.
View Quote

I spent most of my time going from house to house doing utility work from 2003-2019. I estimate - and this is a conservative estimate - that I encountered ~70,000 dogs in that timeframe. That's ~5,000 per year, or roughly 100 per week, which is only 20 per day. I often encountered 20 in an hour.

I was bit, IIRC, 10 times. One pit bull nipped at my pants, one barely broke skin on the back of my thigh, and the rest were itty bitty yap dogs. I probably had another 10 that *INTENDED* to bite me and ran out of chain. There were perhaps 2-3 that I wanted to shoot in all of those years, and -0- that I needed to shoot. I never sprayed a dog with pepper spray, never hit one (ok, I swung at a few and bluffed a LOT of them by holding a stick-shaped piece of my work equipment).

Suffice to say that when the cops or anyone else tells me they had to get it on with a dog, I am highly skeptical.
Link Posted: 4/2/2024 1:39:49 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 4/2/2024 1:41:48 PM EDT
[#42]
View Quote

The real hero, here.
Link Posted: 4/2/2024 1:42:41 PM EDT
[#43]
Damn.
Link Posted: 4/2/2024 1:43:22 PM EDT
[#44]
What a killer....

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/2/2024 1:44:38 PM EDT
[#45]
I dont see how you get to claim self defense when you're on their property.
Link Posted: 4/2/2024 1:45:02 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Collie
View Quote

Mine.    

Link Posted: 4/2/2024 1:45:08 PM EDT
[#47]
I guess it's too much trouble to call the people you're delivering to and let them know you're worried about a dog?  Or even honk a horn?
Link Posted: 4/2/2024 1:45:56 PM EDT
[#48]
Must have been an undercover AFT agent.

Link Posted: 4/2/2024 1:48:33 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
I dont see how you get to claim self defense when you're on their property.
View Quote
You forfeit the right to self defense when you're lawfully on private property?
Link Posted: 4/2/2024 1:49:02 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

You make it sound like the driver shoots dogs habitually.  What do you suggest as the appropriate response when attacked by a dog in a place you are supposed to be?  Let it chew on you?
View Quote

First of all, there’s zero evidence that he was attacked by the dog.

Secondly, you should pay attention to the advice that I am so magnanimously offering. Shooting someone’s dog on their property is a good way to get yourself killed. There are people commenting in this thread, who are supportive of the shooter, and don’t seem to have considered that as a possible outcome. if you come onto my property and fire, a gun with me and my family inside my house, there’s a very good chance you’re going to die. So you better have a very compelling reason to assume that risk. Showing a 20 pound dog who’s boss, probably isn’t a compelling enough reason.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 11
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top