Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 14
Link Posted: 6/4/2023 1:06:12 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I've never heard anyone suggest that - simply that, all things considered, a rifle is probably a better choice.
Go ahead and use a shotgun for HD if you want. For that matter, CCW a revolver, if that's your cup of tea. You'll probably be fine.
View Quote

These threads are always illuminating in the working firearms vs. enthusiast firearms perception index.

I think if most people in this thread saw the weapons in big city PD, or some ghetto weapons, a farm rifle in a truck or the bottom of an Alaska native's boat or a place like Somalia they'd shit themselves. Yet those are the weapons doing much of the small arms work in the world at any given time.
Link Posted: 6/4/2023 1:09:30 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Normal buckshot is still going to be nearly as tight as flight control at normal hd distances. And the tighter the pattern the better. 4" at 15 yards, 8" at 25 yards is absolutely perfect. Wider than that pellets start dropping off the target a performance isn't as good.

Flight control is also great for when you have to step outside.

View Quote
I want the spread.
Link Posted: 6/4/2023 1:13:24 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
What about running mini shells to reduce recoil ?
View Quote
Maybe have your wife run the shotguns and you can hide behind her?
Link Posted: 6/4/2023 1:19:20 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Huh? Care to elaborate?
View Quote

Flite control was designed originally to enhance performance of law enforcement shotguns already in inventory (they’re not even recommended for back bored or choked shotguns). Especially for agencies that weren’t transitioning to patrol carbines. It’s meant to perform several things not necessarily pertinent to public self defense.  One is to mitigate stray pellets that could cause collateral effects and litigation issues for agencies. Two it’s to concentrate pellets and increase effective range of the shotgun in relation to a carbine (the wads are based on long range turkey loads to begin with).  The last is the idea that by concentrating the pellets in a smaller impact zone you dump more energy into a target.  That last one to me is kinda hokey.  If you are hitting a target with nine to twelve .20-.30 caliber projectiles with enough velocity to penetrate at acceptable depth, you are already doing enough damage for self defense purposes also some spread may be desirable to a civilian self defense scenario as it increases coverage of vitals in a COM hit on what might be a hastily taken shot by a less than competent or agitated shooter.

The average home defender probably doesn’t need and may not even want the attributes of a “titewad” or “flite control” load.
Link Posted: 6/4/2023 6:29:13 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
There's no good reason to try to limit the spread for home defense.  If you need precision why are you firing pellets anyway?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Huh? Care to elaborate?
There's no good reason to try to limit the spread for home defense.  If you need precision why are you firing pellets anyway?

Density of pattern adds to terminal effect.

I'm firing pellets (arguendo, here) because I want the bad guy to stop Right Fucking Now, and delivering 8 or 9 .33 pellets to his center of mass in a single trigger pull is a pretty well-proven "off switch" for aggressive action.
NB: 8 or 9 pellet depending on specific load selection rather than not hitting with the full pattern; I've seen some arguments that the Federal Flite Control 8-pellet #00 Buck is a bit more consistent at preventing a flyer pellet than the 9.
Link Posted: 6/4/2023 6:38:41 AM EDT
[#6]

Kind of amazed these aren't more of a topic.  
Kind of amazed they aren't banned as DD.  It's a Pancor Jackhammer (that was banned as a DD), that you can reload quickly with 10 round magazines and keep going (unlike the Pancor).  

Cost <$300

After break-in, a very sweat gun to run with the right electronic dot sight

Link Posted: 6/4/2023 6:48:08 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 6/4/2023 7:15:46 AM EDT
[#8]
to throw some gas on the fire, while OP has a tuned up, red dot polymer wonder9 he also sometimes carries a 1911 in leather with no reloads....
Link Posted: 6/4/2023 7:43:00 AM EDT
[#9]
+1.
Link Posted: 6/4/2023 7:46:52 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I’m before the “more and more criminals wear body armor” crowd.
View Quote

Body armor is extremely common. More and more people are owning it. Will the people most likely to kick in your door trying to steal your guns be wearing it?
Link Posted: 6/4/2023 7:52:16 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
These threads are always fun retarded- you can easily tell who's seen someone who's taken a load of buckshot at home defense distances from the "shotguns are only for birds" crowd.  

ETA- I have an AR sitting next to me; the only shotgun not in the safe is a single shot H&R in the closet.
View Quote

A friend of mine emptied an 870 into a guy at about 20’. 5 rounds of old Win Ranger 00 Buck (unplated). Broadside shots. The guy he shot lived until the ambulance arrived, loaded him up and left for the hospital. He loads his shotgun with slugs only now.
Link Posted: 6/4/2023 7:55:34 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I read somewhere, I think it was an FBI paper, that the average home intrusion shooting engagement distance was about 15 feet. Someone correct me if I am wrong.

Anyways, at 15 feet you don't even need sights on a rifle or hand gun(or shot gun for that matter).  In the time it takes someone to put 3 bullets into someone at 15 feet with sights or  no sights, a shotgunner with 00 buck could have 27 buck shots in the same general area. (9x3=27)

Lets say you have an AR in any bullet , you pick it doesn't matter the round, and you do 3 rounds in 2 seconds.
Now do 12 gauge 00 buckshot. # rounds in 2 seconds is 27 lead buck shots.      3 vs 27 the shotgun clearly wins.

Going to be close to the same group size as the AR being the distance is 15 feet.

Point of interest:  Id bet the actual weight of the projectiles minus the brass is in favor of shotgun if you compare a semi auto shotgun to an AR seeing which one has more projectile mass in general terms.

00buck weight : 58 grains each. 9 buck shots per round. 5 round mag. 9x5=45.  58x45= 2610 grains.
5.56 weight 62 grains. 62x30  is 1860 grains.

Buck wins.

now lets do ftlb of energy.
12ga 00 buck= 3312ftlbe  3312x5=16560ftlbe
5.56 1323ftlbe  1323x30=39690ftlbe       5.56 CLEARLY wins.

I suck at math so if I am wrong please correct me. Maybe throw an insult in too if you are annoyed by my reply.   But it's just something to think about.  They both have advantages and disadvantages. Use what works for YOU is the bottom line.
View Quote

You can only fire 3 rounds in two seconds from an AR? do more NSRs
Link Posted: 6/4/2023 8:05:18 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

A friend of mine emptied an 870 into a guy at about 20’. 5 rounds of old Win Ranger 00 Buck (unplated). Broadside shots. The guy he shot lived until the ambulance arrived, loaded him up and left for the hospital. He loads his shotgun with slugs only now.
View Quote

I understand slugs and get the idea, but I don't like the idea of turning a shotgun into a slow to fire 5 round rifle.

The thought of emptying the entire energy of an LCP or shield 1.0 into a bad guy at the same time with each pull of the trigger? that I can get behind.
Link Posted: 6/4/2023 8:07:30 AM EDT
[#14]
Germans hated shotguns in WWI and tried to have them banned.

“The German Government protests against the use of shotguns by the American Army and calls attention to the fact that according to the law of war (Kriegsrecht) every prisoner [of war] found to have in his possession such guns or ammunition belonging thereto forfeits his life,” the Swiss legation in charge of representing German interests wrote in a wartime memorandum.

The German protest cited Article 23(e) of the Hague Conventions, which outlined the rules of warfare, claiming the trench shotgun caused “unnecessary suffering.”

The Japanese were not fond of them either, especially if you were hiding on top of a coconut tree.

European LE often carried SMG's with them and deemed shotguns "excessive"

Of all the ammo shortages we have had 12 gauge ammo could still be found at most places.
It's not my main gun but I will always have one.
Link Posted: 6/4/2023 8:07:58 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

I understand slugs and get the idea, but I don't like the idea of turning a shotgun into a slow to fire 5 round rifle.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Neither do I.
Link Posted: 6/4/2023 8:32:32 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 6/4/2023 8:34:03 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 6/4/2023 8:35:17 AM EDT
[#18]
In the context of home defense, I think it is reasonable to consider your hearing.

I’ve never done it, but I would be concerned that touching off a couple rounds of 00 indoors would be disorienting or could result in hearing damage.

I like .300 blk because I can suppress it and still keep it in a short and light package.  I have two 12 gauge suppressors, but they are for fun and after using them, I wouldn’t use them for home defense.  They make the gun way too big and heavy.  I put one on a TS 12 and it was ok actually, but it was less than 100% reliable.
Link Posted: 6/4/2023 8:37:30 AM EDT
[#19]
cat looking at newspaper meme

I should buy a shotgun.
Link Posted: 6/4/2023 8:38:44 AM EDT
[#20]
we grew up with shotguns as extensions of our own bodies.

I don't know how many shotguns are in my house right now.
-hunting
-shotgun sports
-defense

I do know that most major rooms of the house has a 1100 Magnum or 11/87 or Winchester 1200/1300 rigged for defense use in it.
Link Posted: 6/4/2023 8:39:03 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Flite control was designed originally to enhance performance of law enforcement shotguns already in inventory (they’re not even recommended for back bored or choked shotguns). Especially for agencies that weren’t transitioning to patrol carbines. It’s meant to perform several things not necessarily pertinent to public self defense.  One is to mitigate stray pellets that could cause collateral effects and litigation issues for agencies. Two it’s to concentrate pellets and increase effective range of the shotgun in relation to a carbine (the wads are based on long range turkey loads to begin with).  The last is the idea that by concentrating the pellets in a smaller impact zone you dump more energy into a target.  That last one to me is kinda hokey.  If you are hitting a target with nine to twelve .20-.30 caliber projectiles with enough velocity to penetrate at acceptable depth, you are already doing enough damage for self defense purposes also some spread may be desirable to a civilian self defense scenario as it increases coverage of vitals in a COM hit on what might be a hastily taken shot by a less than competent or agitated shooter.

The average home defender probably doesn’t need and may not even want the attributes of a “titewad” or “flite control” load.
View Quote

I have a bunch of regular old unplated 00 buck and the pattern is so big at 15yds it's basically useless for defensive shooting. Flite control extends the range another 10yds or so. I can get a 20yd shot in my house so I want the flight control advantage. At single room distance it doesn't matter either way because even the cheap stuff is going to be tight enough. Also, I'm more apt to use the gun to dispatch a four legged pest then anything else so the shot will be longer and I want the pattern tighter. A rifle or handgun would be more precise but a shotgun blast isn't going to scare the neighbors quite as much.
Link Posted: 6/4/2023 8:52:11 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
These threads are always fun retarded- you can easily tell who's seen someone who's taken a load of buckshot at home defense distances from the "shotguns are only for birds" crowd.  

ETA- I have an AR sitting next to me; the only shotgun not in the safe is a single shot H&R in the closet.

Stranger things have happened, but I'd put that one a couple of standard deviations out.  I've worked on several GSW victims (some actually were victims, i.e. guy shot in a robbery/some weren't) that really surprised me and the hospital staff.  One Iraqi took six rounds to the torso from a 240B and was alive and praying when they were wheeling him into surgery (no idea what happened to him).  I've also worked on a guy who took a .357 to the head and survived too; I heard he ended up a stooler and drooler in a state hospital though.  Strange things happen.  

I've posted it before, but the only fatal birdshot wounds I've seen were contact, suicide shots- and they were extremely effective.   One of the first calls I ran in EMS when I was a green EMT was a guy who sat on the foot of his bed and put the thing in his mouth.  I started to walk in and luckily my partner stopped me and pointed up.  What's usually in the center of the room over the foot of the bed?  Yep, the ceiling fan.  The ceiling looked like one of those old spin art pictures with goo dripping down.  Another would have died if we weren't pretty close and close to the trauma center- druggie or hitman busted into the dealer's house and put two rounds of birdshot in the guy sitting on the couch across the room (typical small section 8 apt, so maybe ten feet or so?).  The first round hit him in the upper left thigh and the second caught him in left arm and chest- both really nasty looking but not that deep and the guy was still able to jump up off the couch and run to his bedroom to grab his pistol while the guy started to reloaded his sawed off double barrel then decided to run away.  The thigh wound probably would have eventually bled out without direct pressure (we didn't really use TQs back then, just a pressure dressing and a pressure point worked) and he had some pellets that got into the vein that the trauma surgeon said they'd probably have to go after.  Also when I was fairly new I ran a call for a dude that took both barrels of birshot in the back/buttocks while running away.  We pull up and the guy is leaning over the trunk of the police car and, totally without thinking, I said in my best Forest Gump voice "I got shot in the buttocks"- even the patient was trying not to laugh despite being in pain.  

I keep an AR in the bedroom but I still wouldn't feel undergunned with a shotgun loaded with buckshot as a primary home defense weapon, and it has been at times.  Then again, my usual hiking/backpacking gun is a 642 so....
Link Posted: 6/4/2023 9:27:57 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
What about running mini shells to reduce recoil ?

Link Posted: 6/4/2023 9:36:40 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View Quote

Sounds like it worked.  I hear similar stories all the time.  I don’t understand this concept.
Link Posted: 6/4/2023 9:40:03 AM EDT
[#25]
The shotgun is a multipurpose weapon that will shoot different ammo according to your needs.  I would take it over anything other weapon when the shit hits the fan.  It shoots  bird shot , buckshot and slugs.  Change ammo per your needs.  As with all weapons they have strong points and weaker points.  The choice is yours.
Link Posted: 6/4/2023 9:40:29 AM EDT
[#26]
Funny, my rattler is about the same size ~2 feet as my SBS 870. The benelli is 40” at least from what I’m seeing.

My shotgun options currently are comically short or absurdly long.
Stamp the long boi or put that $200 in a benelli fund?

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/4/2023 9:49:26 AM EDT
[#27]
I don't own one.
Prefer my Glock 22 for HD.
Link Posted: 6/4/2023 9:52:39 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
What about running mini shells to reduce recoil and increase capacity?
View Quote

Paul Harrell has a couple of videos on them if you like looking at his meat (targets).    He liked the Federal but not the Aguila.  Lucky Gunner didn't like them.  I have seen several videos of people shooting deer with them, including from Shockwaves, but they wouldn't be my first choice even though I have some just because.  The Federal 00 buckshot is stupid expensive though, like twice the price of the other shorties, and uses what looks like a split shot sinker that's supposed to break apart or deform or something.  You could certainly make some yourself though.
Link Posted: 6/4/2023 9:57:46 AM EDT
[#29]
Shotgun only deer hunting in Dutchess County NY, plenty of dead deer. I have a Mossberg Maverick $200 12 gauge as my truck gun. If somone steals it I'm out next to nothing.

I have a Mossberg 590 at one end of the house and my Colt 6920 on the other. Motherfucker will be deaded by either if they walk into my house.
Link Posted: 6/4/2023 9:58:41 AM EDT
[#30]
Shotgun deniers fall into two broad categories.    

Gamers who only ever touched one in a video game.

People who never bothered to train with one and are terrified.

Yes, a carbine is higher capacity and less recoil.  However, the threat is not a platoon sized element, nor is there going to be a extended firefight in your kitchen.   Also, ANY centerfire weapon fired inside a house, even with a suppressor, is going to damage your hearing unless you are firing subs, which i would like to point out, is less powerful than a round of 12 ga.

(The "you cannot shoot a shotgun fast" claim is just plain silly)

Oh, as for the body armor claim, anyone wearing the stuff and taking a center mass hit from a shotgun is not going to be a problem and might even end up in the ICU from impact trauma.

Disclaimer.  I was a shotgun trainer for years.  I used to shoot the AR qual course with slugs just for fun and lunch bets.  

Link Posted: 6/4/2023 10:04:35 AM EDT
[#31]
Depends on your home layout. Open concept with major square footage...maybe. Older home with small rooms and a lot of doorways...no way.

Pistol with WML will allow you to move, cover, and shoot from awkward positions.
Link Posted: 6/4/2023 10:42:12 AM EDT
[#32]
It takes more practice to effectively use a shotgun, espicially a pump, under pressure, than a box magazine fed PCC or rifle.  

Shotgun ammo isn't necessarilly great at long term storage reliability.  Plastic hulls deform in both tubes and box (Saiga) mags under spring pressure.  Its why I gave up on a saiga as my backdoor shotgun.

A shotgun IS more useful for a lot of rural situations, I've killed a lot more raccoons, woodchucks, etc with a shotgun than a rifle.

I don't care if someone wants to keep a shotgun around for HD, but at least don't argue that its some sort of magic against body armor or easier for untrained shooters.  

If it wasn't for NFA '34, the reccomended HD weapon for the infrequent shooter would likely be a suppressed PDW with a burst option.  

Link Posted: 6/4/2023 10:56:32 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View Quote

I have exactly one shotgun left, a Mossberg 930 Field set up for turkey. Never use it. If I set it up for HoDef, it would be 18.5” smooth bore and use rifled slugs with an RDS. Follow-up shot is going to suck with either, along with reload but at least I could stretch a shot out at yard distances (my yard, that is).

ETA: My wires got crossed up
Link Posted: 6/4/2023 11:13:33 AM EDT
[#34]
870 fan.

Over the years ended up with a couple of early 70's Wingmasters.

One was an ex Florida Marine Patrol gun. Unfortunately not one of the nickel plated Marine Magnums. It already had the Flextab modification and the metal had been refinished. I refinished the wood, added a few things like a better shell follower and a large dome headed safety.

One wears a decades old Choate skeletonized plastic stock in the rear and a TL Racker light forearm up front. Factory slug barrel. Mag extension. Spectre butt cuff holds 6. Never liked extra rounds on the side of the receiver, just a personal preference. Shell follower, dome safety.

Not an end all or SHTF weapon, but I feel confident it'll handle any current homestead varmints.
Link Posted: 6/4/2023 11:34:59 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

The beauty of shotguns for people of my generation - say anyone born between maybe 1940 and 1990 - we grew up shooting 870s like extensions of our arms.

Yesterday we had a minor farm emergency - intruder varmint in the yard/pasture - and when my wife came screaming into the house, I was up, the 870 was loaded, business was handled, and I never consciously had to think about the gun. It was in my hands, proper load was selected, varmint dead.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Shotguns are awesome, devistating weapons at close range against unarmored enemies. I just have too much trigger time on AR pattern rifles to pickup anything else in a high stress situation.

The beauty of shotguns for people of my generation - say anyone born between maybe 1940 and 1990 - we grew up shooting 870s like extensions of our arms.

Yesterday we had a minor farm emergency - intruder varmint in the yard/pasture - and when my wife came screaming into the house, I was up, the 870 was loaded, business was handled, and I never consciously had to think about the gun. It was in my hands, proper load was selected, varmint dead.

For me it was an Ithaca 37. Having hunted everything possible and being able to run it in my sleep makes it a part of my body.
I always laugh at these threads. It definitely separates the retards from the actual gun people. Please regale me more about buck shot is only good for 15 yards.
Link Posted: 6/4/2023 11:47:53 AM EDT
[#36]
I've been toying with the idea of a youth/female sized 20 gauge, semi-auto gas gun with a red dot and the shortest legal barrel I can put on it.

Easy to maneuver in a dark house, soft(er) shooting, and very effective at HD distances. I had a spare 12 gauge barrel cut down, and intended to have it threaded until I took it to the range and ran both buck and slugs through it. At 10 yards every pellet was tightly contained in the silhouette, and it didn't affect the slug performance at all.

I really like the idea of a shotgun my wife can shoot with confidence. She's never going to run a pump well. Hmmm...
Link Posted: 6/4/2023 11:57:41 AM EDT
[#37]
being a big shotgun for HD guy is a surefire way to gain acceptance with the fudd and boomer crowds if you've had trouble making in roads there
Link Posted: 6/4/2023 12:06:42 PM EDT
[#38]
I know a guy who bought one of the Turkish Benelli M4 clones for like $500.

It is awesome. I've really thought hard about doing the same, but have no real need for one. I already have other shotguns.
Link Posted: 6/4/2023 12:42:04 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
However, the threat is not a platoon sized element, nor is there going to be a extended firefight in your kitchen.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
However, the threat is not a platoon sized element, nor is there going to be a extended firefight in your kitchen.  

(Roving Antifa mobs breaking into gated community fantasies aside) I'm not worried about a platoon sized element, but 3-5 determined assailants isn't outside the realm of possibility, as unlikely as it may be.

What is an "extended firefight"? Many civilian gunfights continue until one side is incapacitated or runs out of ammo.

Disclaimer.  I was a shotgun trainer for years.  I used to shoot the AR qual course with slugs just for fun and lunch bets.  

Given your experience and expertise, it's possible that you are better off with a shotgun, but that isn't true for the average person.
Link Posted: 6/4/2023 12:44:25 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
A shotgun IS more useful for a lot of rural situations, I've killed a lot more raccoons, woodchucks, etc with a shotgun than a rifle.
View Quote

I've killed a lot more raccoons, woodchucks, etc, with 22mag than anything else.
Link Posted: 6/4/2023 1:18:20 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

I've killed a lot more raccoons, woodchucks, etc, with 22mag than anything else.
View Quote

With me, it is a tie.  .22LR and .38 Super.
Link Posted: 6/4/2023 1:21:14 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Body armor is extremely common. More and more people are owning it. Will the people most likely to kick in your door trying to steal your guns be wearing it?
View Quote

No. Here they're more likely to just have a meth pipe in their pocket than anything else. If they had body armor it'd be sold to the pawn shop immediately.
Link Posted: 6/4/2023 2:11:20 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I’ve dumped 5 12 gauge slugs into a 225 pound deer and they were still alive. Stuff happens when when real life shooting happens. I’ve also had a DRT on bigger deer with a single 20GA slug. I once used 3 12ga magnum slugs to put down a massive Piedmontese bull that decided it needed to kill everyone in sight.
You stated the guy was still alive, but I really doubt he was up for more fight.
I’m always curious about how much talk there is about buckshot in the house. While it’s certainly formidable a good load of high brass #5s is a cloud of lead no one is walking away from. For those who are new to shotguns there is a misconception that 20ga is inferior to 12. They have the same amount of power it’s just that the payload is less in a 20. That’s what makes the recoil less but you’re not losing power for what is delivered.
Link Posted: 6/4/2023 2:23:13 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

No. Here they're more likely to just have a meth pipe in their pocket than anything else. If they had body armor it'd be sold to the pawn shop immediately.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

On the list of people who might kick in my door trying to take my guns, tweekers are pretty close to the bottom
Link Posted: 6/4/2023 2:36:07 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

The thought of emptying the entire energy of an LCP or shield 1.0 into a bad guy at the same time with each pull of the trigger? that I can get behind.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Slug or buckshot? GD answer: Get both.  My A-5 is loaded with Winchester PDX Defender
The 12-gauge PDX1 Defender ammunition features a distinctive black hull, black oxide high-base head and 3 pellets of Grex buffered 00 plated buckshot nested on top of a 1 oz rifled slug.
Link Posted: 6/4/2023 2:44:28 PM EDT
[#46]
I still favor the shotgun myself. It has limitations for sure but it’s still an effective tool. Have a 590SBS for work but like my 1100. Want to pick up a Beretta 1301LTT Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/4/2023 2:49:06 PM EDT
[#47]
I keep one in the HD mix.  Its usually set up for dealing with 4 legged problems than two legged variety.  It will still handle them though.  We've had issues with aggressive dogs at our place, that if we had not been there probably would have resulted in our kids getting attacked.  Our old place had bears breaking into cars and digging through dumpsters in the night.  

Right now its full of 00 buck with a sidesaddle with a couple rounds of buck and some slugs just in case.  It used to be full of slugs.  Hell its been used with birdshot to eliminate all manner of pests doing everything from destroying wiring, our garden, our waterfowl, etc.  An AR is superior in human v human combat, but shotguns are incredibly versatile.  I've even been out of town deer hunting, using my shotgun as a camp gun when my deer rifle broke.  I finished the hunt by during the day disassembling the weapon light to make sure I was legal, and filling the freezer with it.  An AR wouldnt be a legal platform at all for me to use as back up here.

Link Posted: 6/4/2023 2:55:31 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 6/4/2023 3:31:27 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I’m before the “more and more criminals wear body armor” crowd.

Pelvic girdle.
Link Posted: 6/4/2023 3:34:53 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Funny, my rattler is about the same size ~2 feet as my SBS 870. The benelli is 40” at least from what I’m seeing.

My shotgun options currently are comically short or absurdly long.
Stamp the long boi or put that $200 in a benelli fund?

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/455820/IMG_4476_jpeg-2839734.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/455820/IMG_4477_jpeg-2839735.JPG
View Quote

I appreciate that you took the time to take these photos on a special graph-paper rug for easy comparison.
Page / 14
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top