Page / 39
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 8:16:23 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

"Immigrants are natural conservatives."

"Mexicans work hard and do the jobs Americans won't."

"America is a melting pot and a nation of immigrants."

If I had a dollar for every time I heard these statements almost verbatim from boomers...
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Baby boomers feel more of an obligation to illegal immigrants than their own kids.

In what drug infused dream do you think this shit up?

If I had a dollar for every time I heard these statements almost verbatim from boomers...

One more, but from a GenX'er....

"If you are an adult competing with illegal immigrants, then you have already lost at life"
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 8:29:49 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

You and others like you are why young people overwhelmingly don't vote for conservatives.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
"Conservative" Boomers here in AZ Voted for a cunt who wants to fill kids heads with CRT bullshit, expose them to creepy groomers, wants gun control, help Biden's Open border agenda.... all because the TV Told them Kari Lake and Mark Masters were after their holy SS.

MOST OF THESE FUCKING BOOMERS DIDNT EVEN LIVE HERE IN AZ FULL TIME!
These assholes will vote for candidates that will pass policies that will cause electricity rates to skyrocket. But since they're all fucking snowbirds... they don't give a shit about the cost of electricity in the summer, since they'll all be gone for the summer.
I fucking hate those fucking worthless Boomer "John McCain Conservatives"

I frankly think, if you dont live here during the AZ Summer... you don't get to vote here. If you don't know what its like to pay for AC when its 120 degrees out here, you shouldn't be allowed to vote for ballot measures involving "Green energy".

Young Arizona voters delivered wins for Dems in 2022
In 3 straight elections, younger voters have turned out in large numbers to support Democrats

https://www.azmirror.com/2022/11/22/young-arizona-voters-delivered-wins-for-dems-in-2022/

This year was a clear example of what a mobilized youth voting bloc can do, she said.
Exit polls estimate that 76% of young voters in Arizona who did show up overwhelmingly voted for U.S. Sen. Mark Kelly's reelection bid,
and 71% of them cast their ballots for Katie Hobbs in the race for governor.
Voting in higher percentage points for Democrats allowed the group to cancel out the influence of the Baby Boomer vote, Tzintz n Ramirez said, and helped them cripple the widely predicted but unsuccessful red wave.

You and others like you are why young people overwhelmingly don't vote for conservatives.

No, you vote for dems because you are a liberal.

dems offer the most free shit and liberals love free shit, period.  

Link Posted: 2/2/2023 8:31:53 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

"If you are an adult competing with illegal immigrants, then you have already lost at life"
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Baby boomers feel more of an obligation to illegal immigrants than their own kids.

Its funny hearing people accuse other people of racism... and then go "Hur dur, you can't compete against an illiterate illegal immigrant? Haha, sorry you're a loser!"
Having such lack of self-awareness of the inherent racism of that very statement, but calling people who want the borders under control "racist".
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 8:32:17 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This is very true.  If you're competing for these jobs at age 25+, you have failed and can blame yourself.

If some of these guys want to go rack chickens at the chicken plant, work sheet rock crews, or do landscaping...they certainly can.

Link Posted: 2/2/2023 8:34:23 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Its funny hearing people accuse other people of racism... and then go "Hur dur, you can't compete against an illiterate illegal immigrant? Haha, sorry you're a loser!"
Having such lack of self-awareness of the inherent racism of that very statement, but calling people who want the borders under control "racist".
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes!! RACISS!!!!

It was just a matter of time before this was trotted out.

Everything is more expensive. It's tough on everyone and it's going to get tougher.  This has been recognized repeatedly.  So why all the crying and finger pointing?
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 8:37:08 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No, we say illegal ALIEN.

They are criminals, nothing racist about any of it.
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 8:41:51 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Yes!! RACISS!!!!

Everything is more expensive. It's tough on everyone and it's going to get tougher.  This has been recognized repeatedly.  So why all the crying and finger pointing?
View Quote
If it wasn't for illegal immigration and mass migration... housing prices would be going down as people aren't having as many kids anymore.
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 8:45:48 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote
Its racist because it implies that Immigrants, in general, are some form of lesser people and therefor you're a loser if your job prospects are negatively affected by mass migration.
I dont view immigrants as lesser than me.
I just think that illegal immigrants have no right to be here... and moreover I think immigration policy should take into consideration the effects of immigration on people who already live here and have to see their labor devalued as a result of it.

Its just as racist as those fucking Democrats who say "OH you want to stop illegal immigration? Who's going to clean your toilets!?!" They view them as a servant class to be exploited.... and as a tool to drag down wages.
That human turd Mitt Romney even said he wants more immigration, because Americans are being paid too much...
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 8:47:25 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

I didn't go to college. I found another path to a comfortable life. One still available, by the way. But hardly anyone wants to work out in the elements or have a very unconventional schedule anymore, too.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Youngest one is currently a sophomore.

Try again, maybe?

Show us her tuition statement. How much did it compare to your college tuition?

I didn't go to college. I found another path to a comfortable life. One still available, by the way. But hardly anyone wants to work out in the elements or have a very unconventional schedule anymore, too.

Yep, a motivated kid right outta high school could probably be making 6 figures within 2-4 years.

I found no takers in the pool of 18-25 y/o people I knew that had no career or education plans.      
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 8:50:31 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
If it wasn't for illegal immigration and mass migration... housing prices would be going down as people aren't having as many kids anymore.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes!! RACISS!!!!

You think illegal families are buying up starter homes?

IME, they live 4 or 5 families per home, typically in the type of residence you wouldn't want to live in.  If not that, then shitty apartments you wouldn't want to live in.

You can call that observation racist if you want, but its what I see with my own eyes.  I guarantee illegals are not taking jobs or homes you want. Alcoholics and methbillies, assuming they want to work, may be getting pushed out of chicken chasing, roofing, or lanscaping...but I assume that isn't you or who we're talking about.
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 8:53:55 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Its racist because it implies that Immigrants, in general, are some form of lesser people and therefor you're a loser if your job prospects are negatively affected by mass migration.
I just think that illegal immigrants have no right to be here... and moreover I think immigration policy should take into consideration the effects of immigration on people who already live here and have to see their labor devalued as a result of it.

Its just as racist as those fucking Democrats who say "OH you want to stop illegal immigration? Who's going to clean your toilets!?!" They view them as a servant class to be exploited.... and as a tool to drag down wages.
That human turd Mitt Romney even said he wants more immigration, because Americans are being paid too much...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Most illegals are entirely unsuited to make it here [financially]  if they are from a third world country. We end up paying for them. That isn't being racist in any way, you just don't know what the word means because it's so over used.
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 8:55:32 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

IME, they live 4 or 5 families per home, typically in the type of residence you wouldn't want to live in.  If not that, then shitty apartments you wouldn't want to live in.

You can call that observation racist if you want, but its what I see with my own eyes.  I guarantee illegals are not taking jobs or homes you want. Alcoholics and methbillies, assuming they want to work, may be getting pushed out of chicken chasing, roofing, or lanscaping...but I assume that isn't you or who we're talking about.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes!! RACISS!!!!

Illegals *AND* Legal immigrants.... yes
Birthrates have dropped below replacement levels. If immigration wasn't being ramped up... housing prices would be going down.

Mass migration in general, both legal and illegal... has a negative effect on wages overall. This is indisputable.
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 8:56:21 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Really? You inferred ALL of that, maybe the racism is on your part?

The advantages you have as a US adult over most illegal immigrants is a better understanding of the US culture, the laws, the business climate, English as a first language, a large existing network of family/friends/co-workers, ability to easily pass background/credit checks, a real SS#, a grounded footprint in the country.

If you are getting beat despite all those advantages, yeah maybe I'd be screaming racisms and any other crap to distract from my failures as well.  
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 9:04:26 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

The advantages you have as a US adult over most illegal immigrants is a better understanding of the US culture, the laws, the business climate, English as a first language, a large existing network of family/friends/co-workers, ability to easily pass background/credit checks, a real SS#, a grounded footprint in the country.

If you are getting beat despite all those advantages, yeah maybe I'd be screaming racisms and any other crap to distract from my failures as well.  
View Quote

The word illegal should mean something. Like exportation or jail. We allow close to 1,000,000 legal immigrants into the USA every single year. I fully support this. People deciding, they will cross our borders in violation of our laws need to be arrested, sooner better than later. Racism isn't involved in the process unless people think criminals should get a pass based on their ethnicity.

Link Posted: 2/2/2023 9:08:41 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Most illegals are entirely unsuited to make it here [financially]  if they are from a third world country. We end up paying for them. That isn't being racist in any way, you just don't know what the word means because it's so over used.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The point is that the people who embrace open borders, will accuse people who oppose it... of racism... all while speaking very diminutively of the very immigrants they pretend their advocating for.
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 9:12:12 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote

"Illiterate illegal immigrant" is a race now?

Link Posted: 2/2/2023 9:13:10 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

The word illegal should mean something. Like exportation or jail. We allow close to 1,000,000 legal immigrants into the USA every single year. I fully support this. People deciding, they will cross our borders in violation of our laws need to be arrested, sooner better than later. Racism isn't involved in the process unless people think criminals should get a pass based on their ethnicity.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

100% agree with that entire statement.

I just don't blame every failure on my part on illegal immigration.  
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 9:13:13 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View Quote
Immigrants are sought after precisely *BECAUSE OF THEIR LACK OF UNDERSTANDING* of US culture, Laws, Business climate, and all that other jazz.
They are more easily exploited, and easier to take advantage of for those very reasons.

Even fully legal immigrants are more exploitable than citizens born and raised here.

An immigrant is far more likely to allow their boss to get away with illegal employment practices and outright wage theft... that their natural born citizens wouldn't put up with.

Link Posted: 2/2/2023 9:20:58 AM EDT
[#19]
Nothing like retirement boys. A cup of coffee, the internet at my fingertips, and wondering how to squander some of my daughters inheritance today. Maybe I'll go get a new pair of New Balance in white, and then Chinese lunch. Sounds like a plan.
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 9:21:47 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Immigrants are sought after precisely *BECAUSE OF THEIR LACK OF UNDERSTANDING* of US culture, Laws, Business climate, and all that other jazz.
They are more easily exploited, and easier to take advantage of for those very reasons.

Even fully legal immigrants are more exploitable than citizens born and raised here.

An immigrant is far more likely to allow their boss to get away with illegal employment practices and outright wage theft... that their natural born citizens wouldn't put up with.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

So you agree my point stands then.  
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 9:37:44 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Maybe there's a misundestanding here.

I'm against open borders...
I'm against bringing in people who devalue the wages of people already struggling here.
I'm against the importation of people, by people who see those people as nothing more than a way to suppress wages and take advantage of people.

Mitt Fucking Romney, FFS, even said the quiet part outloud by literally saying we need to open up the borders because poorer Americans are making too much money and we need immigration to bring wages down. Most politicians aren't socially retarded like Mitt Romney, and would have framed it in a much different way. But he just comes out an says exactly what the purpose of mass migration is... to suppress wages, and impoverish America even further.
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 9:37:50 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Now do legal immigration and H1B visas.
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 9:53:31 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I've been in the IT industry for 36 years.  

Still applies if you're willing to put in the effort to stay ahead of the curve.  I've been told I'll be replaced in a couple of years for the last 3 decades.  

But good job moving the goal post of excuses.  
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 9:53:47 AM EDT
[#24]
1950-2000 was simply a great economic period for the United States, but Americans collectively ate their seed corn. Hell, not just ate it, but borrowed against future crops. The Chinese are going through a similar thing right now.

On the other hand, Norway has been a good steward of its new found wealth after it discovered oil in 1969, so there’s certainly a cultural component to it.
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 9:56:37 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View Quote
Republicans aren’t really much better with deficits trucking along year after year.  Now debt exceeds 100% GDP.
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 10:55:18 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Still applies if you're willing to put in the effort to stay ahead of the curve.  I've been told I'll be replaced in a couple of years for the last 3 decades.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I’ve been in IT for 20 years and make over six figures.  My performance reviews have never been less than outstanding, and I have yet to get less than the max yearly raise at any organization I’ve worked for.  I have survived every round of layoffs at the various companies I’ve worked for.  I have trained international first tier support teams in Brazil and India to replace Americans.  My individual track record of success isn’t what we’re talking about though.  We’re taking about the population level effects of importing cheap labor to depress wages and drive up costs for US citizens.
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 10:57:01 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Keep making assumptions, but no. He never talked about "his" inheritance. It wasn't an extremely valuable property or anything like that and likely wouldn't have done anything for my friend....
Besides, my friend is well off... and he has several siblings. Had the inheritance been split between his uncles, and then his brothers... the amount he would have POSSIBLY had passed on to him would have been miniscule. A drop in the bucket for him.
An amount of money he wouldn't have given a shit about.
It was the principle of a man choosing to leave everything to some illegal immigrant he was friends with, rather than his own kids...

Granted... his grandpa was a bit of a scoundrel, and didn't lead an honest life (in and out of prison) and was absent from my friend's dad's childhood (which was probably for the best, from the stories my friend heard from his dad's step-brothers... who WERE unfortunately raised by him)
I guess grandpa, in his old age, mellowed out... but still never cared much for his own kids, and ended up leaving them nothing... instead leaving it to his illegal immigrant friend.

My friend's dad somehow managed to become a decent, hard working devout Christian man, despite having such a terrible example for a father.

View Quote

I wouldn’t care much for my kids if all they saw was dollar signs
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 11:08:29 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

I've been in IT for 20 years and make over six figures.  My performance reviews have never been less than outstanding, and I have yet to get less than the max yearly raise at any organization I've worked for.  I have survived every round of layoffs at the various companies I've worked for.  I have trained international first tier support teams in Brazil and India to replace Americans.  My individual track record of success isn't what we're talking about though.  We're taking about the population level effects of importing cheap labor to depress wages and drive up costs for US citizens.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I've been in IT for 20 years and make over six figures.  My performance reviews have never been less than outstanding, and I have yet to get less than the max yearly raise at any organization I've worked for.  I have survived every round of layoffs at the various companies I've worked for.  I have trained international first tier support teams in Brazil and India to replace Americans.  My individual track record of success isn't what we're talking about though.  We're taking about the population level effects of importing cheap labor to depress wages and drive up costs for US citizens.

So you're special and no other person can do the exact same thing?  

Y'all keep telling us how bad it is, except for everyone in this thread that have somehow overcome the evils of immigration to be successful?   Hint: Anyone can do it if they really want to.

Curious how immigrants simultaneously cause depressed wages AND inflation?
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 11:09:45 AM EDT
[#29]
Red states should enact a tax on out of state buyers, LLCs and Corps at 300% above appraised value.  Tax doesn't apply to state residents.  Out of state owners of property pay property taxes at 300% rate.
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 11:12:15 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Nothing like retirement boys. A cup of coffee, the internet at my fingertips, and wondering how to squander some of my daughters inheritance today. Maybe I'll go get a new pair of New Balance in white, and then Chinese lunch. Sounds like a plan.
View Quote

Enjoy
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 11:13:56 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

"Hah, you deserve to get replaced by illegals!"

It's like some of you guys really do deliberately want to lose. I wouldn't believe it if I didn't constantly see absurdities like this posted here constantly. And, no, I'm not in an industry where I'm at risk of getting outcompeted by illegals.
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 11:17:23 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Republicans aren’t really much better with deficits trucking along year after year.  Now debt exceeds 100% GDP.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

So honestly, what do you expect us to do about it? For years the Republicans campaigned on fiscal discipline and reform. Then as soon as they got elected they went on spending sprees for their pet causes. Do they even bother to talk about deficits and debt anymore?
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 11:20:48 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
"Conservative" Boomers here in AZ Voted for a cunt who wants to fill kids heads with CRT bullshit, expose them to creepy groomers, wants gun control, help Biden's Open border agenda.... all because the TV Told them Kari Lake and Mark Masters were after their holy SS.

MOST OF THESE FUCKING BOOMERS DIDNT EVEN LIVE HERE IN AZ FULL TIME!
These assholes will vote for candidates that will pass policies that will cause electricity rates to skyrocket. But since they're all fucking snowbirds... they don't give a shit about the cost of electricity in the summer, since they'll all be gone for the summer.
I fucking hate those fucking worthless Boomer "John McCain Conservatives"

I frankly think, if you dont live here during the AZ Summer... you don't get to vote here. If you don't know what its like to pay for AC when its 120 degrees out here, you shouldn't be allowed to vote for ballot measures involving "Green energy".

Young Arizona voters delivered wins for Dems in 2022
In 3 straight elections, younger voters have turned out in large numbers to support Democrats

https://www.azmirror.com/2022/11/22/young-arizona-voters-delivered-wins-for-dems-in-2022/

This year was a clear example of what a mobilized youth voting bloc can do, she said.
Exit polls estimate that 76% of young voters in Arizona who did show up overwhelmingly voted for U.S. Sen. Mark Kelly's reelection bid,
and 71% of them cast their ballots for Katie Hobbs in the race for governor.
Voting in higher percentage points for Democrats allowed the group to cancel out the influence of the Baby Boomer vote, Tzintz n Ramirez said, and helped them cripple the widely predicted but unsuccessful red wave.

Attachment Attached File

I've never once voted Dem, which is a trend that's going to continue indefinitely. However, I'm capable of understanding cause and effect.
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 11:23:00 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

I wouldn't care much for my kids if all they saw was dollar signs
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Keep making assumptions, but no. He never talked about "his" inheritance. It wasn't an extremely valuable property or anything like that and likely wouldn't have done anything for my friend....
Besides, my friend is well off... and he has several siblings. Had the inheritance been split between his uncles, and then his brothers... the amount he would have POSSIBLY had passed on to him would have been miniscule. A drop in the bucket for him.
It was the principle of a man choosing to leave everything to some illegal immigrant he was friends with, rather than his own kids...

Granted... his grandpa was a bit of a scoundrel, and didn't lead an honest life (in and out of prison) and was absent from my friend's dad's childhood (which was probably for the best, from the stories my friend heard from his dad's step-brothers... who WERE unfortunately raised by him)
I guess grandpa, in his old age, mellowed out... but still never cared much for his own kids, and ended up leaving them nothing... instead leaving it to his illegal immigrant friend.

My friend's dad somehow managed to become a decent, hard working devout Christian man, despite having such a terrible example for a father.

It wasn't about the money. I already told you. His dad was upset because the idea of his father leaving everything to an illegal immigrant, rather than to his own kids... is like a slap in the face.
If his dad had donated it all to a worthy charity, his dad likely wouldn't have had an issue with it.

Funny you empathize with the Boomer, even after I told that the boomer dad was a literal scoundrel who literally led a life of crime and was either absent from his kids life or downright abusive towards his other kids.

But Boomers gonna Boom.

The Boomer who spends his entire life a criminal, womanizer, and child abuser... is better than his son who became an honest hard working family man.
But then again, you and other Boomers in this thread are even defending the Boomers who demanded lockdowns.

Next you'll be defending Joe Biden... and telling us how he's so much better than any Gen X or Millennial politician no matter what their political party because Boomer Uber Alles.
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 11:25:09 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

The CRUX of this whole thread?

I don't know, I'd say the Crux of the thread is this:
*Generational Wealth improves the quality of life for a family tree from generation to generation
*2/3 of the baby-boomer generation received an inheritance; median value in 2007 was $64,000 (meaning 49.9% received more than that) Inflation adjusted for 2022: $90,400 SOURCE
*Despite 2/3 receiving an inheritance, many baby-boomers express that "Everything I have I earned!"
*Many (not all) baby boomers express that they can't/won't pass anything down to their children, thus breaking the chain of generation wealth
*Many (not all) baby boomers call  gen-x/millenial/gen-z lazy whiners for pointing out this fact

Which of these statements do you disagree with?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's the crux of the whole thread.

Point out where you challenged it.

*Generational Wealth improves the quality of life for a family tree from generation to generation
*2/3 of the baby-boomer generation received an inheritance; median value in 2007 was $64,000 (meaning 49.9% received more than that) Inflation adjusted for 2022: $90,400 SOURCE
*Despite 2/3 receiving an inheritance, many baby-boomers express that "Everything I have I earned!"
*Many (not all) baby boomers express that they can't/won't pass anything down to their children, thus breaking the chain of generation wealth
*Many (not all) baby boomers call  gen-x/millenial/gen-z lazy whiners for pointing out this fact

I absolutely hate jumping into these threads umpteen pages later.

But there are a few things here that could be put into context:

1) *Generational Wealth improves the quality of life for a family tree from generation to generation
Absolutely and it takes MANY forms, not just cold hard cash.

2) *2/3 of the baby-boomer generation received an inheritance; median value in 2007 was $64,000 (meaning 49.9% received more than that) Inflation adjusted for 2022: $90,400 SOURCE
In the context of the life of the youngest Baby Boomer, someone who is 58 years old today, has most likely made an amount in their life that would DWARF that $90k.  If the boomer guy started a relatively modest job at 18, and started out in the lower wages of $12k, and only gained 5% every year for promotions, COLA, etc, by today he would be earning about $84,500 and had earned for himself a total exceeding $1.5 million in his life.  That $90k is a relatively paltry sum by comparison, equivalent to one year of salary in his later years.  This $1.5 million was used to pay bills, taxes, and to make investments and to build wealth.  Unless there was something unusual going on, our young boomer would probably have received this 90k relatively recently in the grand scheme of things.  He likely would have already paid off his home, raised his kids, and was stepping into the most lucrative years of his life to really sock it away.

3) *Despite 2/3 receiving an inheritance, many baby-boomers express that "Everything I have I earned!"
I'm not sure that anybody can truthfully say that they earned everything they had.  Almost everyone receives gifts and a start in life, no matter how small.  Anything helps, but getting a minor 6% kick in from a parent isn't life changing.  It might however make a big difference to someone right on the margins, struggling because of some bad decision or personal disaster.

4) *Many (not all) baby boomers express that they can't/won't pass anything down to their children, thus breaking the chain of generation wealth
Many people say a lot of things, but what matters is what they actually do.  I bet that by the time Baby Boomers are mostly gone, they will indeed have passed along a lot of wealth along to their kids.  I bet it will be more than $90k in today's dollars too.  It just hasn't happened in a big way yet.

5) *Many (not all) baby boomers call  gen-x/millenial/gen-z lazy whiners for pointing out this fact
Well, the video in the OP was what started it off and was kinda whiny.  It is also a fact that many Gen-Xers and Millennials are more interested in when they will get "the money" then worrying about earning their own money.  I also don't believe this is a generational thing.  I think it's a personality thing.
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 11:25:37 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

It's like some of you guys really do deliberately want to lose. I wouldn't believe it if I didn't constantly see absurdities like this posted here constantly. And, no, I'm not in an industry where I'm at risk of getting outcompeted by illegals.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hah, we aren't the people on here whining about everyone and everything for our failures.  
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 11:27:23 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
It wasn't about the money. I already told you. His dad was upset because the idea of his father leaving everything to an illegal immigrant, rather than to his own kids... is like a slap in the face.
If his dad had donated it all to a worthy charity, his dad likely wouldn't have had an issue with it.

Funny you empathize with the Boomer, even after I told that the boomer dad was a literal scoundrel who literally led a life of crime and was either absent from his kids life or downright abusive towards his other kids.

But Boomers gonna Boom.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

But Boomers gonna Boom.

It’s funny how you think a single anecdotal example is representative of everyone in a single generation and has never been seen in anyone outside of that generation.
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 11:29:08 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Y'all keep telling us how bad it is, except for everyone in this thread that have somehow overcome the evils of immigration to be successful?   Hint: Anyone can do it if they really want to.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Again, this isn’t about me.  I’m not special.  Neither is anyone in this thread.  Lots of people have the ability to do what I do.  The idea that I can’t be replaced is fantasy.  I’ve done it to other people and enabled companies to do it to entire work groups.  That’s the point.  I not stupid enough to believe the fairytale that you can import an entire city’s worth of people a year and not crater a country.

You’re curious how importing millions of people who will accept less pay but also drive up competition for goods depresses wages and also drives inflation?  You’re serious?
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 11:29:56 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Hah, we aren't the people on here whining about everyone and everything for our failures.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Just like clockwork... When called out for their shitty behavior and views, the default of boomers and the boomer-lite is to accuse the other person of blaming them for their failures.
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 11:30:45 AM EDT
[#40]
Left home at 17 to join US Navy! Nothing but a comb in my pocket, everything was given to younger brothers. 8 years in USN and decorated Vietnam Veteran. Night school for 9 years after service to attain College Degree! Come try to take what I have earned!!!!!!
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 11:37:00 AM EDT
[#41]
Left home at 17 to join US Navy! Nothing but a comb in my pocket, everything was given to younger brothers. 8 years in USN and decorated Vietnam Veteran. Night school for 9 years after service to attain College Degree! Come try to take what I have earned!!!!!!
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 11:37:42 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Just like clockwork... When called out for their shitty behavior and views, the default of boomers and the boomer-lite is to accuse the other person of blaming them for their failures.
View Quote

Whiners be whiney

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 2/2/2023 11:39:03 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
View Quote

No one in this thread is coming for your stuff.  That’s not what it’s about.
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 11:41:26 AM EDT
[#44]
[b]Quoted:

View Quote

I hate that I have to type this out:      1.Depressed Wages:  Greater  Supply of workers allows for lower wages to be paid.    

2. Greater Demand (Houses, for example) causes higher prices (Rental and Purchase).    

These are not contradictions.    Both can happen simultaneously, and they do.     Immigration causes More wealth for the Haves, while making the lower middle class even poorer.
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 11:44:08 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes.  There are people that suck at life.
It does not mean they won’t work hard or try or attempt to be productive.

They don’t have the brains to be a doctor, engineer, comp sci, finance degree and real MBA,
They screw up too much to be an electrician or plumber or don’t have the guts to be a lineman.
They are totally fine with tossing bales of hay or shoveling shit, they can drive a skidder and drag trees out of the woods, or package chicken on a line, etc.
Fifty years ago someone could have dropped out of HS and done one of those things.
That entry level manual labor has had prices suppressed by illegal labor.

That whole swath of society has now disproportionately been sucked up into non-productive welfare, SSDI, smoking meth, snorting oxy demographics.
This has major negative impacts to society as a whole and affects each of us.

And if you look at graphs, the last 50-60 years have seen a massive shift and change in the curves of growth by income percentile.
While they’re housing, etc. costs have proportionally increased.
This is what happens at the end stage/fall of an empire.

Link Posted: 2/2/2023 11:45:15 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

It's funny how you think a single anecdotal example is representative of everyone in a single generation and has never been seen in anyone outside of that generation.
View Quote
That is pretty much the staple of every single "generation" thread in existence or will ever be in existence.
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 11:46:45 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

I hate that I have to type this out:      1.Depressed Wages:  Greater  Supply of workers allows for lower wages to be paid.    

2. Greater Demand (Houses, for example) causes higher prices (Rental and Purchase).    

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 2/2/2023 11:48:03 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

1) *Generational Wealth improves the quality of life for a family tree from generation to generation

2) *2/3 of the baby-boomer generation received an inheritance; median value in 2007 was $64,000 (meaning 49.9% received more than that) Inflation adjusted for 2022: $90,400 SOURCE
In the context of the life of the youngest Baby Boomer, someone who is 58 years old today, has most likely made an amount in their life that would DWARF that $90k.  If the boomer guy started a relatively modest job at 18, and started out lower wages of $12km, and only gained 5% every year for promotions, COLA, etc, by today he would be earning about $84,500 and had earned for himself a total exceeding $1.5 million in his life.  That $90k is a relatively paltry sum by comparison, equivalent to one year of salary in his later years.  This $1.5 million was used to pay bills, taxes, and to make investments and to build wealth.  Unless there was something unusual going on, our young boomer would probably have received this 90k relatively recently in the grand scheme of things.  He likely would have already paid off his home, raised his kids, and was stepping into the most lucrative years of his life to really sock it away.

3) *Despite 2/3 receiving an inheritance, many baby-boomers express that "Everything I have I earned!"
I'm not sure that anybody can truthfully say that they earned everything they had.  Almost everyone receives gifts and a start in life, no matter how small.  Anything helps, but getting a minor 6% kick in from a parent isn't life changing.  It might however make a big difference to someone right on the margins, struggling because of some bad decision or personal disaster.

4) *Many (not all) baby boomers express that they can't/won't pass anything down to their children, thus breaking the chain of generation wealth
Many people say a lot of things, but what matters is what they actually do.  I bet that by the time Baby Boomers are mostly gone, they will indeed have passed along a lot of wealth along to their kids.  I bet it will be more than $90k in today's dollars too.  It just hasn't happened in a big way yet.

5) *Many (not all) baby boomers call  gen-x/millenial/gen-z lazy whiners for pointing out this fact
Well, the video in the OP was what started it off and was kinda whiny.  It is also a fact that many Gen-Xers and Millennials are more interested in when they will get "the money" then worrying about earning their own money.  I also don't believe this is a generational thing.  I think it's a personality thing.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's the crux of the whole thread.

Point out where you challenged it.

In the context of the life of the youngest Baby Boomer, someone who is 58 years old today, has most likely made an amount in their life that would DWARF that $90k.  If the boomer guy started a relatively modest job at 18, and started out lower wages of $12km, and only gained 5% every year for promotions, COLA, etc, by today he would be earning about $84,500 and had earned for himself a total exceeding $1.5 million in his life.  That $90k is a relatively paltry sum by comparison, equivalent to one year of salary in his later years.  This $1.5 million was used to pay bills, taxes, and to make investments and to build wealth.  Unless there was something unusual going on, our young boomer would probably have received this 90k relatively recently in the grand scheme of things.  He likely would have already paid off his home, raised his kids, and was stepping into the most lucrative years of his life to really sock it away.

Depends on *WHEN* in his life he got that inheritance.

If he rolled that into an IRA or some other retirement accounts...say 10 years into his career... that $90K is going to boost his initial investment and cause massive implications for his networth at retirement because of the compounding interest.
If he got the inheritance at retirement age... then I'd agree with you.
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 11:48:10 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
[b]Quoted:

Add in the increased cost of insurance for increased DUIs/uninsured motorists accidents, the overwhelmed local schools with a flood a new students and increased property taxes to fund it, the low end portion of the citizen labor market that used to employ roofers, etc. now on SSDI and welfare, plus stealing shit from your garage or sawing off your catalytic converter, etc., and the ERs/hospitals flooded with non paying non-citizens-
And you can possibly start grasping the negative impacts to us.
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 11:49:03 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

It's funny how you think a single anecdotal example is representative of everyone in a single generation and has never been seen in anyone outside of that generation.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

But Boomers gonna Boom.

On the Dave Ramsey show there have been several callers where Boomer parents got their kids to cosign loans for them... and then didn't do shit to pay the loan, thus fucking over their own kids.
Page / 39
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top