Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 16
Link Posted: 11/12/2022 3:25:22 PM EDT
[#1]
You can blame the right wing religious nuts that took away womens rights ,that really pissed off the young people, got them out to vote
Link Posted: 11/12/2022 3:25:23 PM EDT
[#2]
Such a stupid money grabbing BULLSH*T measure!!
Link Posted: 11/12/2022 3:27:09 PM EDT
[#3]
You can blame the right wing religious nuts that took away womens rights ,that really pissed off the young people, got them out to vote
Link Posted: 11/12/2022 3:32:32 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

12 years and 23 posts on ARF and you come here to post this?
Link Posted: 11/12/2022 3:37:04 PM EDT
[#5]
Wife's family lives near Redmond and we visit often. I go shooting out on BLM land almost every time I'm there since her family's property buts up against it.

So some random sheriff rolls up on me now and I have to prove I've had my mags for X years AND I can be guilty of "importing" illegal firearm accessories?

Just curious since I haven't read this shit
Link Posted: 11/12/2022 3:39:06 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What are you perfectly-accurately insinuating, Donut777?
Link Posted: 11/12/2022 3:54:05 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote

I totally agree. Why the heck would they even being it up before the midterms is beyond me. I know that is why the Demos got it.
Link Posted: 11/12/2022 4:03:02 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

I totally agree. Why the heck would they even being it up before the midterms is beyond me. I know that is why the Demos got it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This thread is about gun control.  

Stay on topic.
Link Posted: 11/12/2022 4:15:48 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote

No, you can blame the government that allowed this to happen in the first place. For lack of a better explanation, the government has been forcing us to stand on the sidelines while kids get shot. While communists run rampant and terrorize shop owners. While it's ok to riot, but not ok to go to church, or school, or even to a bar.

While it's not ok to tell the truth.

The framers warned us that the government would eventually do something like this. Government is inherently evil. With all of the tools in our possession to stop this, with the training, the gear, the discipline, and the respect for the law that the lion's share of us hold, the government came out on the side of a bunch of foreign flag waving commies who were allowed to attack the people unabated.

I don't actually believe the government intended to do things that way. I don't think they saw what was coming, and they were pretty much taken by surprise. For what it's worth, I think training is a good idea. I also think that instead of attacking the government, which our foreign flag waving commie buds would love for nothing more than, we should defend the government, broach this subject, and look at it more objectively. After all, democracy in this country is supposed to be representative government, with constraints. The main constraint being the constitution, and the bill of rights.

Something is seriously wrong with this picture. It's not ok to murder kids, or shoppers, or people in church. It's also not ok to murder somebody over a traffic offense. There's no law, no rule of law, that would support that idea. Yet, for some odd reason, it's playing out that way. We need to face that. We need to talk about it, and mostly, we need to do something to stop it. Like it or not, it has fallen to us to talk some sense into these people.
Link Posted: 11/12/2022 5:15:46 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

No, you can blame the government that allowed this to happen in the first place. For lack of a better explanation, the government has been forcing us to stand on the sidelines while kids get shot. While communists run rampant and terrorize shop owners. While it's ok to riot, but not ok to go to church, or school, or even to a bar.

The framers warned us that the government would eventually do something like this. Government is inherently evil. With all of the tools in our possession to stop this, with the training, the gear, the discipline, and the respect for the law that the lion's share of us hold, the government came out on the side of a bunch of foreign flag waving commies who were allowed to attack the people unabated.

I don't actually believe the government intended to do things that way. I don't think they saw what was coming, and they were pretty much taken by surprise. For what it's worth, I think training is a good idea. I also think that instead of attacking the government, which our foreign flag waving commie buds would love for nothing more than, we should defend the government, broach this subject, and look at it more objectively. After all, democracy in this country is supposed to be representative government, with constraints. The main constraint being the constitution, and the bill of rights.

Something is seriously wrong with this picture. It's not ok to murder kids, or shoppers, or people in church. It's also not ok to murder somebody over a traffic offense. There's no law, no rule of law, that would support that idea. Yet, for some odd reason, it's playing out that way. We need to face that. We need to talk about it, and mostly, we need to do something to stop it. Like it or not, it has fallen to us to talk some sense into these people.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The government wants us disarmed, and they rile up their rabid base of commies with their rhetoric. They intend for this to happen. Maybe not initially, but they've come to support it.

They keep pushing the same policies that have been shown to not work. Being lenient on violent crime, pushing anti-American propaganda in schools, ignoring mental illnesses or even embracing it, and getting people to rely on them to "help" them live comfortably... they support the collapse of morals and culture because it benefits them.

They want more control over our lives, and every time someone murders a bunch of kids they jump with glee and scream "muh gun control" because it helps convince the idiots to rely on daddy government to take care of their problems.

If you speak up, no matter how reasonable your argument or grievances, they lable you as an extremist. If you do your own thing and ignore them, they can choose to gun you down (think Ruby Ridge and Waco). If you support their ideology you're allowed to violently "protest" their opposition, if you don't then just peacefully standing with a sign is labeled domestic terrorism.

The two parties try damned hard to keep anyone running against their ideologies from succeeding, because it threatens their control. And that's all it's about. Power and control.

They hate our guts because we don't want to rely on them.

Yes training is important, but forcing a mandatory training on folks who cannot afford it just prevents them from exercising their rights. Its another way to circumvent the second amendment.

If you have to force training, why not allow firearm training in schools? Teach the value life during the process.

That's one thing that's been missing for a long time. The value of life. All life is sacred, but that teaching has been washed away.

Instead kids learn how to hate based on twisted versions of history. We teach them to hate because someone thinks differently. Yet if you look close, we're not all that different. We're all capable of good and bad. But our .gov controlled schools only teach the bad, because it benefits them.

Dont forget, the commies that support the current regime also work for the regime. It may not have been the case a few decades ago, but it is now.
Link Posted: 11/12/2022 5:20:43 PM EDT
[#12]
Human nature makes me sad.

People suck.
Link Posted: 11/12/2022 5:21:25 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 11/12/2022 5:24:18 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 11/12/2022 5:25:21 PM EDT
[#15]
I'm so sorry for our brothers in Oregon... these asshole west coast governors have an informal pact to follow the same policies in a variety of issues and areas rather than running their states independently for their people... this means California runs them all essentially... they're all straight up betrayers of our constitutions, both state and federal..
Link Posted: 11/12/2022 5:27:58 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Human nature makes me sad.

People suck.
View Quote
They do. As with everything there are exceptions. Portland is not an exception though.

If they want guns banned so badly, just ban them in the city. At least 87% of us have no reason or desire to go there anyway.

Let them fester in their crime and garbage with no way to defend themselves. Just leave us out of it.
Link Posted: 11/12/2022 5:32:41 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Stay on topic.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Stay on topic.

They are related, thus still on topic.
Link Posted: 11/12/2022 5:39:14 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Stay on topic.

Nothing was taken away...scotus just said it's up to the states.

Nobody gives a flying fuck around baby killing until they started allowing infanticide IOWs late term abortion.

And fuck off DMs and emailing me about it.....fuck faces if you don't like my opinion.

Dumb fuck leftist cunts on ARFCOMS..DM me about this and that.

Fuck off..you are on my ignore for a reason.

As for me...I'm gonna keep doing my thing....
If I'm caught..I'm caught and I'll just show proof..

I've survived Commiefornias SB23 and their nazi gestapo shit at Angeles Shooting range...I still have my receipts from B And B guns in north Hollywood for all of my magazines.

I'll survive this one just fine but I ain't leaving Oregon.
Link Posted: 11/12/2022 5:46:35 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Wife's family lives near Redmond and we visit often. I go shooting out on BLM land almost every time I'm there since her family's property buts up against it.

So some random sheriff rolls up on me now and I have to prove I've had my mags for X years AND I can be guilty of "importing" illegal firearm accessories?

Just curious since I haven't read this shit
View Quote

Thats not going to happen here.. the law is UNENFORCABLE and gun shops will even tell you that. They just want to make it hard/impossible for new mags to come in.  Most of our police do not like the leadership anyways.
Link Posted: 11/12/2022 5:50:31 PM EDT
[#20]
got thinking today, and man this puts a crimp in concealed carry. Unless you can find a few 10 round magazines.
Link Posted: 11/12/2022 5:58:12 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
got thinking today, and man this puts a crimp in concealed carry. Unless you can find a few 10 round magazines.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
I can find them, as I CC a G19. But don't want to go out of my way to buy them.

Sheriff Sickler stated
We will not spend time and resources investigating who has obtained magazines that have a capacity over 10 rounds after this measure takes effect.

Link Posted: 11/12/2022 6:00:50 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Pay money to exercise a constitutional right?

The courts should save us but I will not count on it.
View Quote

We can't count on the courts. NJ has had this system in place since the 60s and the courts haven't helped us at all.

Link Posted: 11/12/2022 6:01:07 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View Quote

LOL, blame misplaced.  
If the government ran schools weren't indoctrinating little commies, you might have a point.
But the government keeps on pushing how evil guns are, and parents keep on sacrificing their kids on the alter of government ran public indoctrination camps.
So if you really want to place blame, the parents that send their kids to the government ran schools are the ones you should be pointing at.

Im pretty sure the younger generation isnt thinking.  I want to kill humans in the womb.  If I can't do that I will ban guns.

Link Posted: 11/12/2022 6:04:17 PM EDT
[#24]
A lot of sheriffs won't enforce this, the state police will, so fish cops will be cruising the hills looking for people to jack up. Not sure what federal leo like BLM Rangers will do.
Link Posted: 11/12/2022 6:11:42 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
A lot of sheriffs won't enforce this, the state police will, so fish cops will be cruising the hills looking for people to jack up. Not sure what federal leo like BLM Rangers will do.
View Quote

OSP is stretched pretty damn thin..as it is.

They are so rich that they left over 300 rounds of 6.5CM brass at my range in Albany.
Attachment Attached File

BTW they shoot a Sig 716 whatever as their snapper raffle.
Link Posted: 11/12/2022 6:15:23 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

They are so rich that they left over 300 rounds of 6.5CM brass at my range in Albany.
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/313126/IMG_20221110_161231_01_jpg-2597794.JPG

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/313126/IMG_20221110_161231_01_jpg-2597794.JPG

I hardly see osp anymore. They used to pull people over for nonexistent driving infractions all the time. Now they rarely do anything here that doesn't involve warrant or 20 over.

They are going to be stretched even thinner with the licensing and training scheme.
Link Posted: 11/12/2022 6:17:48 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
I'm so sorry for our brothers in Oregon... these asshole west coast governors have an informal pact to follow the same policies in a variety of issues and areas rather than running their states independently for their people... this means California runs them all essentially... they're all straight up betrayers of our constitutions, both state and federal..
View Quote

Informal nothing they are related by blood and marriage.
Link Posted: 11/12/2022 6:19:04 PM EDT
[#28]
Luckily I have many receipts for standard cap mags. But CC does concern me.

Fortunately I carry G27,23,22 and am able to easily get 10 capacity mags for these. I don’t trust our courts should the need arise to “use a 10 rounder” vs. “standard”.  Trial by media seems all the rage.

I trained extensively at Oregon Firearms Academy and am well versed in mag changes.

Gun mag warehouse FWIW

Link Posted: 11/12/2022 6:20:58 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yeah, I'm doing a lot of thinking on how to handle that.
I have some 10rd G23 mags laying around. Going to use those in a .357 Sig converted G23. Should work for most situations.
There's also the option of not complying, but I'm not admiting to anything on a public internet forum.

Thanks to the two members who corrected me on the "just carry some range gear idea". I really should have read it thoroughly before posting. Been a shitty week.
Link Posted: 11/12/2022 6:24:52 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

I have some 10rd G23 mags laying around. Going to use those in a .357 Sig converted G23. Should work for most situations.
There's also the option of not complying, but I'm not admiting to anything on a public internet forum.

Thanks to the two members who corrected me on the "just carry some range gear idea". I really should have read it thoroughly before posting. Been a shitty week.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

How do you think us 9mm guys feel. All that useless empty space in the mag well
Link Posted: 11/12/2022 6:32:19 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Sheriff Sickler stated

View Quote

but the state popo, forest service and medford PD will.
Link Posted: 11/12/2022 6:34:48 PM EDT
[#32]
@FZK556

What is the “carry some range gear” idea?

Thanks
Link Posted: 11/12/2022 6:35:30 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View Quote

Time to break out the 45 USP. Bought it during the ban 96 ish. Came with 10 rounders.
Link Posted: 11/12/2022 6:37:56 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sheriff Sickler stated

Staties are spread thin already too. More so if they have to rearrange personnel to comply with the mandates of the measure.

I avoid medford as much as possible. I do have a .380 with single stack mags if I have to go.

Mostly leaves forest service to worry about. For me anyway.
Link Posted: 11/12/2022 6:47:00 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
View Quote

That's my fallback option. I regularly carry a 19x and was looking forward to carrying my G45 with an optic this winter.
This is far worse than the 94 AWB. At least this won't survive a court challenge, but it's going to be kind of sketchy until then.
And thanks for you guys keeping this thread going. I'm passing on info to people as fast as I can, this has been a Hell of a good resource.
Link Posted: 11/12/2022 6:49:25 PM EDT
[#36]
Gun owners are our own worst enemies

From Oregon Public Broadcasting
Michael Fuller, a Portland civil rights lawyer, had a different reason for voting yes: "My preferred concealed carry weapon does not have more than 10 rounds in its magazine anyway," he wrote in a direct message on Twitter, "so I figured that passing 114 would make it less likely I would be outgunned if I were in a gunfight with an active shooter."
View Quote
What kind of sick fudd logic is this?
Link Posted: 11/12/2022 6:52:23 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
@FZK556

What is the “carry some range gear” idea?

Thanks
View Quote

Like an idiot, I just skimmed through the bill. I missed the part about "high" cap mags needing to be in a locked box, and thought you could get away with carrying range gear and just saying you were coming/going to the range if you were carrying standard mags.
Smarter members corrected me. Part of the reason I love this place; do something stupid and you'll get called out real quick.
Link Posted: 11/12/2022 7:04:49 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View Quote

That's just being a retard.

And having shitty taste in concealed carry gear. Even my smallest carry gun holds 12+1.
Link Posted: 11/12/2022 7:12:09 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

And having shitty taste in concealed carry gear. Even my smallest carry gun holds 12+1.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If you are afraid of being outgunned, it would make more sense to carry MORE ammo. That's why when I go somewhere I don't trust, I carry my G19 with 2 reloads of quality +p hollow points.

I don't see how making it difficult for law abiding folk to purchase firearms and standard capacity mags will stop criminals from carrying "high capacity" mags in their illegally purchased guns
Link Posted: 11/12/2022 7:22:39 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
View Quote

Here in Oregon you can kill your baby right up to birth
Link Posted: 11/12/2022 7:30:49 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Pretty sure there are more kids dying here by abortion than firearms as well
Link Posted: 11/12/2022 7:36:37 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
If you are afraid of being outgunned, it would make more sense to carry MORE ammo. That's why when I go somewhere I don't trust, I carry my G19 with 2 reloads of quality +p hollow points.

I don't see how making it difficult for law abiding folk to purchase firearms and standard capacity mags will stop criminals from carrying "high capacity" mags in their illegally purchased guns
View Quote

That's my thoughts. If I were afraid of being out gunned you better bet you would see me with an AR or PCC or even belt fed. If I go someplace sketchy I roll with an AR and several mags. That is in addition to the BHP with 17rnd mags I EDC. If I'm carrying a G26 it's gonna be a 12 (10+2) end and a Magpul 20rnd or a factory 33rnd minimum.

God gave us SBRs for our backpacks!

Sadly I ran into a wall doing CQB training and blew the sights off my G19 so I can't carry that for a while now.
Link Posted: 11/12/2022 7:37:12 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

I don't have the patience to fish, if I can't shoot it I'll pass. Besides, salmon is the ugliest mf fish there is. Plus, I'm a white fish guy. Plus, if I really wanted to fish I would fly to Alaska. Plus Alaska airlines delivers salmon to the lower 48. Plus Ohio is home to some of the biggest whitetail bucks in the world, including the #2 non-typical of all time.

And no matter the time of day I can usually drive 80mph in the slow lane to get there.

Best plus -90 days in and not one mother fucking tent.

Glad as fuck I was able to punch the fuck out
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's all well and good, but how's the salmon fishing in Ohio?

I don't have the patience to fish, if I can't shoot it I'll pass. Besides, salmon is the ugliest mf fish there is. Plus, I'm a white fish guy. Plus, if I really wanted to fish I would fly to Alaska. Plus Alaska airlines delivers salmon to the lower 48. Plus Ohio is home to some of the biggest whitetail bucks in the world, including the #2 non-typical of all time.

And no matter the time of day I can usually drive 80mph in the slow lane to get there.

Best plus -90 days in and not one mother fucking tent.

Glad as fuck I was able to punch the fuck out

And you can load up your truck with hundreds of 30 round mags and there's not one fucking thing anyone can do about.
Link Posted: 11/12/2022 7:38:16 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/12/2022 7:41:00 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Sounds like a poll tax.
View Quote

exactly, not Constitutional
Link Posted: 11/12/2022 7:41:40 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 11/12/2022 7:42:30 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Michael Fuller, a Portland civil rights lawyer, had a different reason for voting yes: "My preferred concealed carry weapon does not have more than 10 rounds in its magazine anyway," he wrote in a direct message on Twitter, "so I figured that passing 114 would make it less likely I would be outgunned if I were in a gunfight with an active shooter."

LOL
Link Posted: 11/12/2022 7:43:57 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

That's my thoughts. If I were afraid of being out gunned you better bet you would see me with an AR or PCC or even belt fed. If I go someplace sketchy I roll with an AR and several mags. That is in addition to the BHP with 17rnd mags I EDC. If I'm carrying a G26 it's gonna be a 12 (10+2) end and a Magpul 20rnd or a factory 33rnd minimum.

Sadly I ran into a wall doing CQB training and blew the sights off my G19 so I can't carry that for a while now.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I rolled with my 11.5 wedged between the passenger seat and center console during the summer of love. Mag down was a good fit.

A bit of a pain hitting 5th or 6th gear if it sits wrong. But that's because I daily a compact with a stick. Still worth it.
Link Posted: 11/12/2022 7:47:41 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

LOL
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

LOL
You only need 8 rounds of the lord's caliber
Link Posted: 11/12/2022 7:52:00 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Fucking moron.

Page / 16
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top