Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Show us where it says that please.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Don’t forget it stops hunting too…as you have to have a firearms permit to go rifle hunting. This is a mistake that’s gonna set a dangerous precedent

Show us where it says that please.

There are many of us that are fatigued from the campaign to stop this monster.  As I've learned from the many gun shows, meetings, and forum postings the last couple of months, there are a lot of misinterpretations so let's try to educate, and not attack our own.  The fight isn't over.  We still need to work on the injunctions and lawsuits.
Link Posted: 11/11/2022 5:32:43 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

There are many of us that are fatigued from the campaign to stop this monster.  As I've learned from the many gun shows, meetings, and forum postings the last couple of months, there are a lot of misinterpretations so let's try to educate, and not attack our own.  The fight isn't over.  We still need to work on the injunctions and lawsuits.
View Quote

Spreading conjecture and misinformation is harmful to the fight as well.

I’m not attacking anybody, and just want to see it for myself before believing something.

And I’m skeptical of new members here at best.

Link Posted: 11/11/2022 5:54:55 PM EDT
[#3]
I get it.

I've been looking for current sheriffs statements on 114 compliance.

I've got the ones from Coos and Linn counties but having trouble getting official statements from others.  If anyone else sees them or can contact their sheriffs or police departments, it would help when we start to work on the legal end.  I've sent this email to Sheriff Joe Cast of Marion County:

Sheriff Kast,?
With ballot measure 114 on the verge of passing, the subject of funding and enforcement are coming into play. As a citizen of Marion County, I am very concerned about the ability of Marion County to implement the permitting process and the resulting costs, and also about the magazine capacity issue. ?
?
Does the Marion County Sheriffs Department have the personnel and financial resources to implement the permitting process? Do you intend to implement a permitting process for the county? Do you intend to enforce the ban on magazines with greater than ten round capacity for those with a CHL, or the population in general??
?
How will you address the issue of off duty law enforcement personnel, officers of the court, or anyone else that carries a firearm as a part of their job not being able to have the magazines while not in the performance of their official duties? ?
?
I appreciate the complexity of the issues and the burden it places on you and your staff.?
?
Looking forward to hearing from you.?
?
Best regards

If others would send similar emails and report results, it would help out.  Keep in mind, this isn't meant for harassment, just a way to get on the record responses.

Thanks in advance
Link Posted: 11/11/2022 5:56:47 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I get it.

I've got the ones from Coos and Linn counties but having trouble getting official statements from others.  If anyone else sees them or can contact their sheriffs or police departments, it would help when we start to work on the legal end.  I've sent this email to Sheriff Joe Cast of Marion County:

Sheriff Kast,?
With ballot measure 114 on the verge of passing, the subject of funding and enforcement are coming into play. As a citizen of Marion County, I am very concerned about the ability of Marion County to implement the permitting process and the resulting costs, and also about the magazine capacity issue. ?
?
Does the Marion County Sheriffs Department have the personnel and financial resources to implement the permitting process? Do you intend to implement a permitting process for the county? Do you intend to enforce the ban on magazines with greater than ten round capacity for those with a CHL, or the population in general??
?
How will you address the issue of off duty law enforcement personnel, officers of the court, or anyone else that carries a firearm as a part of their job not being able to have the magazines while not in the performance of their official duties? ?
?
I appreciate the complexity of the issues and the burden it places on you and your staff.?
?
?
Best regards

If others would send similar emails and report results, it would help out.  Keep in mind, this isn't meant for harassment, just a way to get on the record responses.

Thanks in advance
View Quote

https://klamathalerts.com/2022/11/09/klamath-county-sheriffs-office-on-ballot-measure-114/
Link Posted: 11/11/2022 6:05:35 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 11/11/2022 6:38:05 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I get it.

Sheriff Kast,
With ballot measure 114 on the verge of passing, the subject of funding and enforcement are coming into play. As a citizen of Marion County, I am very concerned about the ability of Marion County to implement the permitting process and the resulting costs, and also about the magazine capacity issue.  

Does the Marion County Sheriffs Department have the personnel and financial resources to implement the permitting process? Do you intend to implement a permitting process for the county? Do you intend to enforce the ban on magazines with greater than ten round capacity for those with a CHL, or the population in general?

How will you address the issue of off duty law enforcement personnel, officers of the court, or anyone else that carries a firearm as a part of their job not being able to have the magazines while not in the performance of their official duties?  

I appreciate the complexity of the issues and the burden it places on you and your staff.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Best regards

Thanks in advance
View Quote
I'm waiting to see what Sickler of Jackson is going to say.

He's made statements prior to the election about how the 2a is a part of our history, how current court rulings state its unconstitutional, and how we do not have the people to fill the slots for the BGC and they would therefore have to reduce our patrols and already crappy response time in order to even fill them.
Link Posted: 11/11/2022 6:50:44 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I'm waiting to see what Sickler of Jackson is going to say.

He's made statements prior to the election about how the 2a is a part of our history, how current court rulings state its unconstitutional, and how we do not have the people to fill the slots for the BGC and they would therefore have to reduce our patrols and already crappy response time in order to even fill them.
View Quote

That’s what the left wants.

Remember defund the police… and she won.
Link Posted: 11/11/2022 6:56:26 PM EDT
[#8]
Wondering how Tillamook is going to pan out.
Link Posted: 11/11/2022 6:59:20 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Wondering how Tillamook is going to pan out.
View Quote

There will still be dairy tours don’t worry.
Link Posted: 11/11/2022 10:46:08 PM EDT
[#10]
The pacific northwest has long been a destination for fugitives from other states and outlaw biker gangs (no idea why).  But, it seems that these states are intent on transitioning from real functioning states to criminal havens.  When industry leaves and there is no one left to pay the taxes that support homeless encampments,  what then?
Link Posted: 11/12/2022 12:37:27 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

But it's still Ohio.
View Quote

You are correct.

No Portland.
Link Posted: 11/12/2022 12:39:42 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

You are correct.

No Portland.
View Quote

Our gun laws now suck, but Ohio just sucks.

Everything is subjective, I’m glad you are happy there.
Link Posted: 11/12/2022 12:42:14 AM EDT
[#13]
Grant county Oregon sheriff came up to WA gun shows and "sold" Oregon permits. All legal and whatnot.

He stopped coming, but we loved vacationing in Oregon. McMinnville, seaside, Astoria. We spent at least two weeks a year in Oregon.

When my permit expired I tried multiple agencies trying to get it renewed. Every one of those fuckers told me to go to Portland. I told every one of them to go fuck themselves and I stopped spending money in Oregon.

At least in Ohio I don't need a fucking permit. Neither do teachers

Link Posted: 11/12/2022 1:21:03 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Grant county Oregon sheriff came up to WA gun shows and "sold" Oregon permits. All legal and whatnot.

He stopped coming, but we loved vacationing in Oregon. McMinnville, seaside, Astoria. We spent at least two weeks a year in Oregon.

When my permit expired I tried multiple agencies trying to get it renewed. Every one of those fuckers told me to go to Portland. I told every one of them to go fuck themselves and I stopped spending money in Oregon.

At least in Ohio I don't need a fucking permit. Neither do teachers

View Quote

But you need to carry in Ohio because every city in the state is awful and dangerous.

There’s nothing to do except freeze balls.
Link Posted: 11/12/2022 1:27:21 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

There will still be dairy tours don’t worry.
View Quote

I think back in May they passed a 2a sanctuary in the county.
Link Posted: 11/12/2022 1:41:54 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
There's nothing to do except freeze balls.

View Quote

Check back in my balls in August

I'm in a city. Much safer than Portland or Seattle. IDK what your hard on is for Ohio, but I'll go by a hi cap tomorrow in your honor. You keep track on my ball temp
Link Posted: 11/12/2022 1:46:17 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
And it's affirmative defense, which as I read means YOU have to show evidence you owned it prior to the ban, and the evidence must be found to be credible to negate any alleged acts you are accused of.

Not sure how that works with the transportation requirements.
View Quote
This is what's got me so concerned (Other than the fact that the whole Goddamned thing wipes it's ass with the BOR).  I have a lot of mags that hold over 10 rounds.  I don't want to be too specific but basically,......I've been "panic buying"  for decades.  I've got mag's I bought off the EE, I've got mag's I bought from vendors and I've got mag's that I've bought at Gun Shows and from local stores around here.

I have receipts for "maybe" 5% of them at this point.  Being that I'm an idiot, can someone tell me just HOW I'm supposed to be able to prove that I've had these for decades other than boxing them all up, heading down to the local UPS store and then shipping them to my P.O. box (To be stored with the seals unbroken until doomsday) before this festering piece of shit becomes law?

Hell, I've got at least 200 mag's that I "lost" in the last reorganization we did here a couple of years ago.  They're in a couple of totes "somewhere"(?) around here but it would probably take me a week to find them.
Link Posted: 11/12/2022 2:42:52 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
This is what's got me so concerned (Other than the fact that the whole Goddamned thing wipes it's ass with the BOR).  I have a lot of mags that hold over 10 rounds.  I don't want to be too specific but basically,......I've been "panic buying"  for decades.  I've got mag's I bought off the EE, I've got mag's I bought from vendors and I've got mag's that I've bought at Gun Shows and from local stores around here.

I have receipts for "maybe" 5% of them at this point.  Being that I'm an idiot, can someone tell me just HOW I'm supposed to be able to prove that I've had these for decades other than boxing them all up, heading down to the local UPS store and then shipping them to my P.O. box (To be stored with the seals unbroken until doomsday) before this festering piece of shit becomes law?

Hell, I've got at least 200 mag's that I "lost" in the last reorganization we did here a couple of years ago.  They're in a couple of totes "somewhere"(?) around here but it would probably take me a week to find them.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
And it's affirmative defense, which as I read means YOU have to show evidence you owned it prior to the ban, and the evidence must be found to be credible to negate any alleged acts you are accused of.

I received a recommendation to document each mag type in a spread sheet, capacity of each, number of each, with photos of all together with the measure title and your name and date printed out where it's legible in the photo. Print the photo and spread sheet on a page or two as needed. Then have it notarized.

After being suggested that, I started thinking of adding mine to my gun trust my NFA items are on. Still looking into it.
Link Posted: 11/12/2022 2:46:16 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I received a recommendation to document each mag type in a spread sheet, capacity of each, number of each, with photos of all together with the measure title and your name and date printed out where it's legible in the photo. Print the photo and spread sheet on a page or two as needed. Then have it notarized.

After being suggested that, I started thinking of adding mine to my gun trust my NFA items are on. Still looking into it.
View Quote
Fuck, I might just have to do that too.  Thanks for buying me a vowel Liazraht.
Link Posted: 11/12/2022 2:56:56 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

As much as I hate to say it, this might be something to get some real legal advice on.

A photo with a newspaper date doesn't really prove anything, and neither do photo timestamps. Your postmark idea has merit, except having to keep the box sealed. I think someone suggested emailing photos to yourself, and texting photos might work too. The ridiculous part is that there's no way to tell magazines apart at a glance, so how could one prove or disprove the magazines in your possession are the same magazines in the photos? The entire thing is asinine, and essentially impossible to comply with.

One thought I did have, which may add a little more legal credence than just a photo, would be to have some sort of affidavit notarized. Even then, you still have the same problems as before.

For those with NFA trusts, perhaps adding them to the trust might be an option? Not really sure how that would work either, to be honest.

It's absolutely ridiculous to pass a ballot measure with no way of actually enforcing or complying with it. I hope all the sheriffs sit back and wait for further instructions, and force the idiots in Salem to
realize that the entire thing is impossible as written.
Link Posted: 11/12/2022 3:00:48 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View Quote

Looks like I took too long typing up my ridiculously long-winded response.

I had the same thoughts you did; either have something notarized or have them added to a trust.

The problem there is having to inventory them all.
Link Posted: 11/12/2022 3:12:22 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Fuck, I might just have to do that too.  Thanks for buying me a vowel Liazraht.
View Quote
Gotta do what we can as brothers in arms in this fight.
Quoted:

I had the same thoughts you did; either have something notarized or have them added to a trust.

View Quote
I'm still looking into the trust thing.

I need to read through mine again. I can add anything I want online, just need to check if it has a date for each as i can't remember, then print.

Not sure if I need to notarize the additions, but at least then I can share mags with the few on my trust as needed until this shits overturned.

Might need to add my grandfather to it. He's still got his pre-bans from before the 94 ban.
Link Posted: 11/12/2022 3:13:36 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm right there with you man.  What a bunch of crap.
Link Posted: 11/12/2022 3:17:24 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm just glad most of my inventory is black gen 2 pmag 30s.

1 pmag ah ah ah
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 11/12/2022 3:17:55 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

1 pmag ah ah ah
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/504436/DzhyYE8d_400x400_jpg-2597168.JPG
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

1 pmag ah ah ah
LOL!
Link Posted: 11/12/2022 3:23:16 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
LOL!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

1 pmag ah ah ah
LOL!
I always remember my paranoid grandfather's teachings. Which is also arfcom's. And he still reminds me, even though I took after him.

Buy cheap, stack deep.

I have more pmags than ammo to fill them. Still ordering more
Link Posted: 11/12/2022 3:29:51 AM EDT
[#27]
How is this going to withstand a challenge under Bruen?
Link Posted: 11/12/2022 3:33:10 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View Quote
It shouldn't withstand it, but courts take time.
Link Posted: 11/12/2022 3:33:14 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
View Quote

Hopefully about like this:

Link Posted: 11/12/2022 4:18:01 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

What would you call it?
View Quote

Oregon's color?  When a Democrat wins by 15 points with 2 far-left third party candidates on the ticket siphoning votes, I'd call it Blue.  At least for now.  Maybe figure out how to move 200,000 liberals from Portland to Seattle.  I wish we could convince 200,000 to move from Atlanta back to wherever they came from.

The gun fee?  Call it a fee or a tax, either way the effect is the same and likely constitutional given USSC's treatment of poll taxes until the 24th Amendment ended them (but did not address taxes/fees to exercise other enumerated rights).

Link Posted: 11/12/2022 4:19:50 AM EDT
[#31]
I honestly did not expect 114 to be so close, but here we are.

As to the mag ban part, I think the best course of action at the moment is to buy ANY >10rd mags you might have thought about getting at some point, plus some extras of each, and carry on as normal.

Worrying about how we as individuals are going to comply and go about justifying some fucking stamped metal boxes with springs in them just lends legitimacy to this nonsense. It is unenforceable if enough people ignore it, especially with how lax our law inforcement has become.

I'm more concerned about what gun shops that are actually under scrutiny are going to do if this measure goes into effect.

Also, a huge thanks to Liaztraht and I'm sure many others who have expended a LOT more effort and money than I have on fighting for Oregon, and who have been keeping us updated here. You've encouraged me to do more, so thank you.
Link Posted: 11/12/2022 4:27:47 AM EDT
[#32]
Just like ILL. Fat Bastard Pritzger is going to implement an Assault Weapons Ban this coming week or right after the first of the year. SCOTUS has already ruled it unconstitutional.
Link Posted: 11/12/2022 8:09:30 AM EDT
[#33]
What’s with this shit about having to prove you bought 10+ mags before they were outlawed? Isn’t that “guilty until proven innocent” Why is it not the states burden to prove you obtained said magazines after xxxx date?

Also, has this actually passed? Everything I can find says only 85% of votes have been counted.

Sorry if already asked and answered, didn’t read the whole thread.
Link Posted: 11/12/2022 8:48:18 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
What’s with this shit about having to prove you bought 10+ mags before they were outlawed? Isn’t that “guilty until proven innocent” Why is it not the states burden to prove you obtained said magazines after xxxx date?

Also, has this actually passed? Everything I can find says only 85% of votes have been counted.

View Quote

Based on the history of the counties with ballots left to count, there is no way the rest of the state can overcome the deficit. On a map, the state is overwhelmingly blue, but the high population of a few cities ends up controlling the rest of the state.
Link Posted: 11/12/2022 10:24:08 AM EDT
[#35]
Muh abortion is big time..false sense of a woman's right
Link Posted: 11/12/2022 10:43:44 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
What's with this shit about having to prove you bought 10+ mags before they were outlawed? Isn't that "guilty until proven innocent" Why is it not the states burden to prove you obtained said magazines after xxxx date?

Sorry if already asked and answered, didn't read the whole thread.
View Quote
I circled the problem. They keep finding votes that surpass the numbers we need to win

Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 11/12/2022 11:17:19 AM EDT
[#37]
I know, I know, link to NWF forum.

https://www.northwestfirearms.com/threads/sportsmans-warehouse-update-regarding-oregon-measure-114-december-7th-2022-is-the-last-day-to-purchase-firearms-without-permit.431222/

Sportsman's Warehouse sent out an email about 114 showing how it is a ban as there is nothing in place to supplement the wording and requirements.
Link Posted: 11/12/2022 11:21:37 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
I know, I know, link to NWF forum.

https://www.northwestfirearms.com/threads/sportsmans-warehouse-update-regarding-oregon-measure-114-december-7th-2022-is-the-last-day-to-purchase-firearms-without-permit.431222/

Sportsman's Warehouse sent out an email about 114 showing how it is a ban as there is nothing in place to supplement the wording and requirements.
View Quote
That soon? December 8th is right around the corner
Link Posted: 11/12/2022 11:27:27 AM EDT
[#39]
I would ignore it completely get all parts and magazines from neighboring states and continue like normal if I lived there.
Link Posted: 11/12/2022 11:31:16 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View Quote

Being able to prove prior ownership provides an affirmative defense.

Without it, I believe the burden of proof is on the state, but essentially having a receipt will negate any charges entirely.
Link Posted: 11/12/2022 11:34:42 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
That soon? December 8th is right around the corner
View Quote

That was my reaction too!

I'll probably do a group buy with some buddies this next week and I gotta stock up on springs for the 3D printer. I still have printed AK mags I havnt gotten springs for and tried.

With folks with 3D printers there is no hope to enforce a mag ban.
Link Posted: 11/12/2022 11:37:31 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
The pacific northwest has long been a destination for fugitives from other states and outlaw biker gangs (no idea why).  But, it seems that these states are intent on transitioning from real functioning states to criminal havens.  When industry leaves and there is no one left to pay the taxes that support homeless encampments,  what then?
View Quote

Link Posted: 11/12/2022 11:48:15 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Oregon's color?  When a Democrat wins by 15 points with 2 far-left third party candidates on the ticket siphoning votes, I'd call it Blue.  At least for now.  Maybe figure out how to move 200,000 liberals from Portland to Seattle.  I wish we could convince 200,000 to move from Atlanta back to wherever they came from.

The gun fee?  Call it a fee or a tax, either way the effect is the same and likely constitutional given USSC's treatment of poll taxes until the 24th Amendment ended them (but did not address taxes/fees to exercise other enumerated rights).

View Quote

Who won by 15 points? 47.1% for Kotek - 43.5% for Drazan = 15?

Most of Oregon(by area) is overwhelmingly red with a population center that is blue, just like most states, especially out west.
Link Posted: 11/12/2022 11:53:30 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Our gun laws now suck, but Ohio just sucks.

Everything is subjective, I’m glad you are happy there.
View Quote

Have lived in both. Oregon is a shit hole compared to Ohio.

People are soooo much better in Ohio. Oregon, people are all just a holes.
Link Posted: 11/12/2022 12:04:52 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View Quote

You need to leave Portland sometime. That place is a confirmation bias.
Link Posted: 11/12/2022 12:20:46 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View Quote

This thread proves otherwise.
Link Posted: 11/12/2022 12:54:55 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View Quote

I've also lived in both Oregon and Ohio.  In fact, over 15 years on Maumee Bay north of the state park.  Your argument is both juvenile and ridiculous, and has nothing at all to do with the subject of this thread.
Link Posted: 11/12/2022 1:02:26 PM EDT
[#48]
The way I’m looking at it. If they’re coming to my house looking for mags, I’ve got way bigger problems at that point. If I’m out shooting and have a half dozen or so and get ticketed (which I seriously doubt in my county) I’ll bring up any of my previous online orders, print a receipt, that’s proof I bought them years ago. It’s not like I’ve ever gone shooting and taken hundreds of mags that I’d suddenly have to account for.
Link Posted: 11/12/2022 1:11:17 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
I get it.

Sheriff Kast,?
?
?
?
?
?
Best regards

Thanks in advance
View Quote

@Piratepast40

Union County

ADD Malheur County to hotlink
Link Posted: 11/12/2022 3:19:20 PM EDT
[#50]
@Piratepast40

Nathan Sickler's respons for Jackson
https://www.mailtribune.com/top-stories/2022/11/12/sickler-posts-measure-114-plans-on-facebook/

Jackson County Sheriff Nate Sickler Statement on Measure 114

With the likely passing of M114, myself and other sheriffs across the state are getting questions about how things will work and if there will be enforcement of the magazine capacity portion of this bill. There have also been questions about the training aspect needed to get permits to begin the purchase of a firearm.

In Jackson County the measure failed substantially (roughly 20 points). In elections that margin is generally considered decisive. As the leader of a county law enforcement agency that has more issues to address than available resources, we must constantly evaluate the best way to use those resources to improve safety.

Measure 114 is wrought with issues to include placing unfounded mandates on law enforcement, the difficulty of multiple government agencies trying to coordinate to provide a single mandated service, and most certainly the numerous legal challenges that will test the constitutionality of this measure.

If this measure takes effect, my office will work diligently to ensure people have the ability to get a permit needed to purchase a firearm, as that is a constitutional right. We are going to collaborate with our County, municipal, and state partners to ensure this process is efficient as possible.

We will not spend time and resources investigating who has obtained magazines that have a capacity over 10 rounds after this measure takes effect.

Sincerely,

Sheriff Nate Sickler
View Quote

He says if it takes effect, they will do what they can to ensure folk can get the permits. He also says they will not spend time and resources on the magazine ban.

Page / 16
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top