Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 5
Link Posted: 8/16/2022 8:37:24 PM EDT
[#1]
Any chance these would fit a full size fal, that would be about 2 inches longer then a 21" ar15.
Link Posted: 8/16/2022 8:37:53 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Pelican's M4/M16 case support space for common optics like the Aimpoint Pro or CompM4, Trijicon ACOG, and EOTECH holosights provided they are mounted on the flattop receiver and not on top of a carry handle
View Quote

The cases look identical.
Link Posted: 8/16/2022 8:42:07 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
This eBay listing is probably of what we’re going to get.

View Quote

If they're in that kind of shape - for $100 - I would be floored.
Link Posted: 8/16/2022 8:43:04 PM EDT
[#4]
You all suck… three month membership for free shipping, $20 off code not good for orders under $100 so I had to order a surgical kit to get it up above $100. Total cost with tax for the case, membership and surgical kit was like $130.
Link Posted: 8/16/2022 8:44:29 PM EDT
[#5]
Sold out
Link Posted: 8/16/2022 8:45:16 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I can't imagine why I would ever need that thing
View Quote

Exactly.

It’s like watching a cat when you throw a box on the floor. They can’t help but get inside it.

Same thing with the guys buying these. Probably 1 out of the 10 will actually use it. I’ll wait until one of the 9 gives his away…. and I’ll pass again….lol
Link Posted: 8/16/2022 8:47:18 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Sold out
View Quote

Yep.

Shows in stock but won’t allow one to be added to the cart. Oh well, I saved $100+ dollars today.
Link Posted: 8/16/2022 8:48:16 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Sold out
View Quote

I think I got the last one, seriously.
Link Posted: 8/16/2022 8:48:43 PM EDT
[#9]
Y’all need to post pictures of these things filled with guns when you get them.
Link Posted: 8/16/2022 8:49:53 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Y’all need to post pictures of these things filled with guns when you get them.
View Quote

These are for guns? How do I cancel my order?
Link Posted: 8/16/2022 8:51:00 PM EDT
[#11]
Got one on the way. I'll probably mount it on one wall in the vault for AR storage. ? for those that have used these. From pics on line, it appears that the rifles are located by the bar across the front having projections that fit in the magwells. is it feasible to load these in a vertical position? In OP's pic on page one, it looks like the butts aren't even touching the bottom of the case. I do have some closed cell foam from other mil. cases that I can cut pads/spacers for the butts if needed.
Link Posted: 8/16/2022 8:57:12 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Any chance these would fit a full size fal, that would be about 2 inches longer then a 21" ar15.
View Quote

No, they are molded to fit basic military AR/M16/M4 rifles and you can’t really make anything else fit into sections designed to hold each rifle.  Maybe you could get a Daewoo DR200 or some other rifle very similar to an AR but even that would be iffy.

They are pretty cool, but only if you want a 12 pack of relatively basic ARs.
Link Posted: 8/16/2022 8:57:23 PM EDT
[#13]
These are not safes at all.  We use these for long term storage of the Wing weapons in an armory/vault. They are heavy as shit empty and even heavier with twelve weapons in them.

Stack great though. We can get 55 of these on a 463L pallet.

Pretty worthless unless you you have a few thousand weapons you need to long term store.
Link Posted: 8/16/2022 8:59:28 PM EDT
[#14]
Got one.
Link Posted: 8/16/2022 9:08:11 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

No, they are molded to fit basic military AR/M16/M4 rifles and you can’t really make anything else fit into sections designed to hold each rifle.  Maybe you could get a Daewoo DR200 or some other rifle very similar to an AR but even that would be iffy.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Can you have a wider stock like B5 Bravo?
Link Posted: 8/16/2022 9:16:09 PM EDT
[#16]
I would have been all over this deal.

I love Sportsman’s Guide.
Link Posted: 8/16/2022 9:28:33 PM EDT
[#17]
I have no idea where I will put this…
Link Posted: 8/16/2022 9:43:40 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote

I was too late to get one??.   Would have freed up some room in the safe
Link Posted: 8/16/2022 9:47:31 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I imagine this is a bitch to open and close vertically. I may place it in a closet and leave it opened. No clue, I just got caught up in the frenzy!
Link Posted: 8/16/2022 10:00:16 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You think they’re going to be trashed?
Link Posted: 8/16/2022 10:08:36 PM EDT
[#21]
I've been looking for one of these. I missed the Sportsman's Guide one, bit the bullet and bought one for $209 on ebay.
Link Posted: 8/16/2022 10:09:10 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View Quote

A reviewer wrote that he was able to fit AKs in his with modifications. I can imagine similar dimensionally-skinny guns can fit, as well.
I remember seeing these every now and then when I was active duty, but I never played around with any.
Link Posted: 8/16/2022 10:43:15 PM EDT
[#23]
By their design are they meant to be opened vertically or horizontally? I imagine they would be difficult to open horizontally lifting the lid loaded with 50 pounds of rifles, and vertically how well would one side swing as you opened it? I’m thinking it is meant to be opened vertically and left open but the bars locked for security.
Link Posted: 8/17/2022 8:13:43 AM EDT
[#24]
I had one of these and got rid of it because it wouldn’t fit most of my rifles because of different lengths, rails, types of stocks, optics, accessories, etc

If you’ve got a bunch of M16s it’s a great case

If you’re like me and your rifle collection is varied in many many ways I’d pass
Link Posted: 8/17/2022 8:52:56 AM EDT
[#25]
One popped up back in stock as I reloaded the page, so I Fent.

In for the cancellation email

Otherwise, wife is gonna LOVE this ugly case in the corner of my office.

Link Posted: 8/17/2022 10:13:49 AM EDT
[#26]
I have a couple of M12 racks, but I can't help to think that six of my A2 clones would fit in one half of that case.  If I split that clamshell into two six rifle 'displays', one could be pit set into the wall, LED backlit and a couple of Bluetooth speakers playing the soundtrack of a couple of war movies on continuous loop on a low volume, so as it could be heard when standing very close to it....

I dunno.  Might be kinda cool...
Link Posted: 8/17/2022 10:16:46 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Someone give me a reason I don't need to buy one of these.
View Quote

Sold out. Nuff said?
Link Posted: 8/17/2022 11:38:22 AM EDT
[#28]
Have one, and extremely impractical if actually trying to transport rifles in it.  Much better if used as a stationary "secure" cabinet than a portable case.  Too big, too heavy (especially when loaded with rifles but pretty heavy even without) and awkward to have to fill both sides independently and then lower one on to the other and get them aligned properly.  Using it and moving it is a multi-person activity.  And, even with mods, the interior doesn't work well or at all with most non-mil=spec (size and shape) builds.
Steve/RRA
Link Posted: 8/17/2022 12:50:14 PM EDT
[#30]
Canceled my order this morning... hopefully, they are going to try to cancel it. Told them they should because I'll be refusing delivery.
Link Posted: 8/17/2022 3:25:29 PM EDT
[#31]
I have played with the idea of one several times but never pulled the trigger. At that price I probably wouldn’t have been able to resist so glad they sold out

I have an M12 and then realized it didn’t work for stuff with optics and stuff. Ended up having to build enough retro stuff to fill it.
Attachment Attached File

Then I bought a couple of these that work well for optioned ARs as well as other stuff. You can bolt them together as well as to the wall.
Link Posted: 8/17/2022 5:31:02 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Canceled my order this morning... hopefully, they are going to try to cancel it. Told them they should because I'll be refusing delivery.
View Quote

I'm giving it a try. Just got a notification that it's on the way today and will be here Friday.
Link Posted: 8/17/2022 5:38:36 PM EDT
[#33]
Sportsman’s guide is clown shoes, half the surplus they sell is too small, damaged, or nasty.  You roll the dice, some of the merchandise works, but it costs more to send defective merchandise back than what you paid. That’s how they make money.

That being said, I jumped on this.  I’ll post pictures, and let everyone know what happens.
Link Posted: 8/17/2022 6:53:56 PM EDT
[#34]
Mine shipped already, going to be here next week.
Link Posted: 8/18/2022 2:14:03 PM EDT
[#35]
Mine just came in...marked Air Force

Maybe one latch on each side was done; the rest were undone; it's kind of a miracle both pieces arrived fastened together and at the same time

Heavy...and big. I need to figure out where to put it
Link Posted: 8/18/2022 2:20:16 PM EDT
[#36]
PICS!
Link Posted: 8/18/2022 2:30:23 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Maybe one latch on each side was done; the rest were undone; it's kind of a miracle both pieces arrived fastened together and at the same time

View Quote

Was it in a box or shipped as is?
Link Posted: 8/18/2022 2:34:11 PM EDT
[#38]
this lets me get the ar's out from under the couches, and the ones in the closets. i just got notice my case will arrive earlier than promised. the online chat rep said tuesday, but the shipping updated to saturday. seems like this was a good choice.

Link Posted: 8/18/2022 3:15:38 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Shipped as-is; FedEx label taped to the side

No wheels or anything on it, just handles on the top and bottom, so manhandling it around is...unwieldly at best. Easier to put it on a handtruck and move it around, honestly.
Link Posted: 8/18/2022 3:19:07 PM EDT
[#40]
I have two, one is a dry box for camping gear that fits perfectly in the canoe .  Works as intended.
Link Posted: 8/18/2022 3:19:54 PM EDT
[#41]
pics man, pics!!!!
Link Posted: 8/18/2022 3:21:45 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 8/18/2022 10:20:46 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View Quote

After kicking my self for missing out on these, I FO'ed on this one, but I don't know why
Link Posted: 8/19/2022 4:17:54 PM EDT
[#44]
Need pics!
Link Posted: 8/19/2022 5:39:54 PM EDT
[#45]
Placeholder for pics. Mine should be arriving any minute now... I'm usually one of the last stops on the FedEx route.

Couple exterior pics:

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/19/2022 6:14:15 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

I would have been all over this deal.

I love Sportsman’s Guide.
View Quote

I ordered one after reading pg 1 of this thread when it started. They sold out soon after. I bought the membeship but still had to pay shipping.
Link Posted: 8/19/2022 6:14:48 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

I imagine this is a bitch to open and close vertically. I may place it in a closet and leave it opened. No clue, I just got caught up in the frenzy!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Same here.
Link Posted: 8/19/2022 6:19:31 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
By their design are they meant to be opened vertically or horizontally? I imagine they would be difficult to open horizontally lifting the lid loaded with 50 pounds of rifles, and vertically how well would one side swing as you opened it? I’m thinking it is meant to be opened vertically and left open but the bars locked for security.
View Quote

Definitely horizontally.  If you put them vertical, you can't get to the bottom set of latches--unless you just don't latch them.  These latches are kind of a PITA as well.
Link Posted: 8/19/2022 7:34:20 PM EDT
[#49]
I asked them to cancel the order within hours of ordering it. They didn’t. Think I’m going to put a sign on the door rejecting delivery.
Link Posted: 8/19/2022 7:41:53 PM EDT
[#50]
I'm in the process with trying various firearms in it. So far it's not very giving, as it's strictly designed to fit M16A2 rifles very snugly so they don't wiggle around.

What doesn't fit so far:
A4 clone with ACOG (optic too bulky)
723 carbine (surprised this didn't fit - it's too short)
Mini-14 (stock too wide)
Remington 870 20" with full magazine tube (barrel too thick/mag tube in the way)
Mossberg 590 20" with full magazine tube (barrel too thick/mag tube in the way)
G3 rifle (too wide/bulky and too long)

What does fit so far:
A1
A2
M1 Carbine w/magazine
Winchester 94 .30-30
Savage 64 .22LR with magazine removed

- I have a bunch of others I need to test yet.

Attachment Attached File

Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top