Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 231
Link Posted: 9/13/2021 7:13:53 PM EDT
[#1]
From NY, you say?

Apparently Wyoming folks got tired about hearing how they do it in NY. Or being asked why they don't have street lights....or a good Jewish Deli......or why the farm smells....or why the lack of "diversity"......or why town is so far away.....Or any other multitudes of things that make you want to stove their fucking heads in.

Link Posted: 9/13/2021 7:19:27 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I don't bother with their lame headlines. I like to make up my own stories
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
That explains a lot about the NYPost.

That's what judges think when they see the documents you've entered.

Jay
Link Posted: 9/13/2021 7:27:06 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Exactly. He might have done it or not, or she might show up in Salt Lake City or Seattle in a month. But there's very little good that can happen for him and lots of bad that can happen by talking to the police.

It's worth remembering the the difference between a "person of interest" and a "suspect" is.... Absolutely nothing. They're the same thing.
View Quote

You know making a statement to the police and retaining a lawyer do not have to be mutually exclusive.

Anyone watch First 48? The guys who were heavily involved, but weren't the ones that pulled the actual trigger, come in all the time with their lawyers and give a statement. That's usually the first step to cutting a deal

The guys who did pull the trigger. . . their lawyers usually tell them to STFU lol

Link Posted: 9/13/2021 7:30:50 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
He’s going to be blamed for it whether he did it or not.
View Quote

If my girlfriend ends up missing you can bet I’m getting a lawyer no matter the circumstances.

Well, two actually.  I’d need a divorce one too.  
Link Posted: 9/13/2021 7:35:17 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I do
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
"b/f lawyers up in Florida" because that's where he and "Long Island woman" lived for the past two and a half years.  Who writes these headlines?    

I do

Sorry but your fox ninja headline was better.
Link Posted: 9/13/2021 7:41:25 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
She’s dead Jim.
View Quote

Yup, nothing suspicious at all.
Link Posted: 9/13/2021 7:51:02 PM EDT
[#7]
Reading the 4chan thread on this now lol

This comment stuck out. . .

>not pushing her when hiking in some dodgy terrain, watch as she tumbles down a hillside, make sure she's dead, then try to get help because she "stumbled and fell"
Link Posted: 9/13/2021 7:52:16 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

i used to spend a lot of time in eastern WY for pipeline work.

lots of bodies get dumped in those parts from drug deals gone bad in denver.

dozer operator was pointing out all the good hiding spots to me as we were driving around aimlessly.
View Quote

That doesn’t even make any sense. Easier to shoot someone on the street in the hood where no one will say anything to police, than to drive to another state with a dead body.
Link Posted: 9/13/2021 7:56:29 PM EDT
[#9]
These modern young women never go anywhere without their cell phones on and powered up. Is coverage non-existent in WY?

ETA:  Surprisingly, Verizon covers almost all the state, at least with 3G

https://www.whistleout.com/CellPhones/Guides/Best-Coverage-in-Wyoming-USA#:~:text=Verizon%20has%20the%20widest%20network,the%20carriers%20have%20roaming%20agreements
Link Posted: 9/13/2021 7:57:36 PM EDT
[#10]
If, and that’s a very big if, they got in an argument and he dropped her off at a gas station or on the side of the road, that’s an extremely bad idea.  If I had been in a situation like that, I’ll put up with her long enough to get her to a rental car place or airport.  If she gets out and storms off, I’d call her parents immediately and try to get her back in the car.  If I’m on a trip like that, I’d consider myself responsible for the girl, even if she is an adult.
My best friend got hooked up with a crazy girl while we were in college.  They dated hot and heavy, then she abruptly decided to stay home in Nevada during Christmas break instead of returning to school in Alabama.  They stayed in touch until spring break and my friend flew out to see her.  After he got there, she asked if he would drive her to southern California to see her father.  He rented a car and after they got started he said the horns came out and she was a raging bitch while they were on the road.  He started to drive to an airport and fly home, but considering how crazy this bitch was, he wisely got her back home before flying back.
Link Posted: 9/13/2021 8:01:59 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
What is with the GoFundme for the family?

Are they going to offer it up as a reward or for funeral expenses if they find her body?
View Quote

That is sop now.
Link Posted: 9/13/2021 8:03:23 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

That doesn’t even make any sense. Easier to shoot someone on the street in the hood where no one will say anything to police, than to drive to another state with a dead body.
View Quote

contrary to popular belief, only 95% of crime takes place in the hood
Link Posted: 9/13/2021 8:04:33 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 9/13/2021 8:07:52 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 9/13/2021 8:08:18 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

If your SO died while you were on a cross country road trip you think you'd be more helpful than driving to the other side of the country, lawyering up, and not talking to cops lol
View Quote

Depends.
If somebody said Eff Bee Eye I'd be out of there faster than you can say Richard Jewell.
Link Posted: 9/13/2021 8:12:10 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
So in Wisconsin they want to beat up little blonde girls from Long Island but leave fighting antifa to Illinois school boys?
View Quote

I am from NE PA.
Still have a home there.
One of the last locals.
Yes.....we know all too well what slithers out of the city.

We have had to put up with their bullshit, crime, murder, rape and garbage since the mid 80's.
Demographics, growth and crime stats do not lie.

So yeah. Somebody most likely got tired of her shit. They ruin every place they spread to....like cancer.
Link Posted: 9/13/2021 8:13:10 PM EDT
[#17]
At least now we know where the train station is.
Link Posted: 9/13/2021 8:15:59 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Yeah I don't get that part.
View Quote

You just have to be shameless.  I thought you were a lawyer.
Link Posted: 9/13/2021 8:18:27 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
"b/f lawyers up in Florida" because that's where he and "Long Island woman" lived for the past two and a half years.  Who writes these headlines?    

View Quote
Bots?
Link Posted: 9/13/2021 8:22:15 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
These modern young women never go anywhere without their cell phones on and powered up. Is coverage non-existent in WY?

https://www.whistleout.com/CellPhones/Guides/Best-Coverage-in-Wyoming-USA#:~:text=Verizon%20has%20the%20widest%20network,the%20carriers%20have%20roaming%20agreements
View Quote

False.
Link Posted: 9/13/2021 8:22:33 PM EDT
[#21]
Eeeeeessssshhh.

I’ve been on some road trips where I wanted to leave a girl on the side of the road, but never did.

Would have at least taken them to an airport.
Link Posted: 9/13/2021 8:26:47 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

False.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

False.

I think we know who hasn't ever been to the area.  
Link Posted: 9/13/2021 8:30:47 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
She’s dead Jim.
View Quote

Ayup.
Link Posted: 9/13/2021 8:39:14 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View Quote

Coverage on map /= Coverage in the real world.
Link Posted: 9/13/2021 8:41:22 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Sounds like she got left at the “train station”.
View Quote

What you did there, I seent it.

No Thanks, I'll just go down here to the bus stop. I'm good.

Link Posted: 9/13/2021 8:41:59 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Right?  

Part of the fun of the trips into the mountains and into the Yellowstone area is the fact that the phone is silent.  Even firing up the booster would not do much more than give me a single bar or two of 1x.  
Link Posted: 9/13/2021 8:42:24 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

False.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

False.

Gotta agree w my fellow Wyomingite. Verizon sucks here. Bad.
Link Posted: 9/13/2021 8:42:51 PM EDT
[#28]
She will not be found. Boyfriend lawyered up is a smart move.
Link Posted: 9/13/2021 8:44:31 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View Quote

We were there a couple weeks ago (Grand Tetons and Yellowstone). With AT&T we had zero cell service most of the time. No we didn’t see the missing girl but we did see one hitchhiker, a guy when we were leaving Old Faithful.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/13/2021 8:44:53 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View Quote
The last time I was in WY was 1980.  Desolate as fuck. Hundreds of miles of nothing.  

While traveling cross-country my family came upon a young boy who fell of a motorcycle on a highway, badly injured. His father was stoned.  We drove for what seemed like forever to get him to the nearest "hospital".  No towns, no houses, no cars.  Not a fucken thing but a whimpering child in the back seat for what seemed like hours and hours.  Haven't been back since then.

Have things changed since then?  I guess not.  

Link Posted: 9/13/2021 8:51:06 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
If a dozer operator can point it out how good a spot is it?
View Quote

If he's pointing them out from experience, it's a spot good enough to fool anyone who doesn't own a dozer.
Link Posted: 9/13/2021 8:53:52 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
The last time I was in WY was 1980.  Desolate as fuck. Hundreds of miles of nothing.  

While traveling cross-country my family came upon a young boy who fell of a motorcycle on a highway, badly injured. His father was stoned.  We drove for what seemed like forever to get him to the nearest "hospital".  No towns, no houses, no cars.  Not a fucken thing but a whimpering child in the back seat for what seemed like hours and hours.  Haven't been back since then.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

OOF..  That would suck.  Hopefully the kid ended up being OK.  

Yeah.. I don't think much has changed in the area of communications.
Link Posted: 9/13/2021 8:54:16 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 9/13/2021 8:58:09 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

We were there a couple weeks ago (Grand Tetons and Yellowstone). With AT&T we had zero cell service most of the time. No we didn’t see the missing girl but we did see one hitchhiker, a guy when we were leaving Old Faithful.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/301438/1BB6442A-8BCD-43B0-B466-F53C152EC0FE_jpe-2089757.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/301438/9F6C41CD-1019-47A1-BF06-528BF12B8045_jpe-2089759.JPG
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/301438/1BB6442A-8BCD-43B0-B466-F53C152EC0FE_jpe-2089757.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/301438/9F6C41CD-1019-47A1-BF06-528BF12B8045_jpe-2089759.JPG

I would have been in the area around the time.  I do vaguely recall seeing a Transit connect with Florida plates at one of the places we were at.  I recall seeing a female driving it.  But I cannot for the life of me remember where exactly or when. I do know it would have been in Yellowstone and I do recall her catching my attention enough for me to grumble.. Go back east...   Followed by.. Damn that thing is tiny.  how could you camp in that.  
Link Posted: 9/13/2021 9:02:43 PM EDT
[#35]
The story says that the van was "recovered". Recovered from Florida? Recovered from the end of some dirt road in Wyoming? Recovered at the airport?

Not a hell of a lot of information in that story.
Link Posted: 9/13/2021 9:06:24 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View Quote

Verizon map, along with every other carriers, are absolute horseshit.
Link Posted: 9/13/2021 9:12:13 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View Quote

Looks like heaven.
Link Posted: 9/13/2021 9:12:40 PM EDT
[#38]
She's partying it up with carol baskin's missing husband.
Link Posted: 9/13/2021 9:13:41 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
He’s going to be blamed for it whether he did it or not.
View Quote

This. Lawyer is a good idea in these cases. Cops are lazy.
Link Posted: 9/13/2021 9:16:03 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Looks like heaven.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Looks like heaven.

That area is beautiful.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/13/2021 9:26:25 PM EDT
[#41]
He killed her and dumped the body somewhere.
Link Posted: 9/13/2021 9:28:56 PM EDT
[#42]
There is no fury like a woman scorned.
Link Posted: 9/13/2021 9:30:02 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 9/13/2021 9:32:14 PM EDT
[#44]
Dead? Maybe.

They were also Van-life blogger whores so this might be a stunt. Who knows nowadays.
Link Posted: 9/13/2021 9:34:27 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
View Quote

You'd fit in with cnn very easily.
Link Posted: 9/13/2021 9:47:29 PM EDT
[#46]
Who knows what happened but if the b/f keeps his mouth shut and some much time has passed I doubt it will ever go to trial.
Link Posted: 9/13/2021 9:47:40 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 9/13/2021 9:53:55 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View Quote

Its 100 miles to anywhere. No matter where you are.
Link Posted: 9/13/2021 9:57:22 PM EDT
[#49]
Maybe he killed her in self defense?
You know arfcoms go to advice on this sort of thing. Don't say a word to the police and lawyer up....

Oh yeah, drove through Wyoming, South Dakota and Nebraska earlier this year. A whole hell of a lot of extreme terrain and nothingness rarely disturbed by a human face.
Link Posted: 9/13/2021 9:58:11 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
The story says that the van was "recovered". Recovered from Florida? Recovered from the end of some dirt road in Wyoming? Recovered at the airport?

Not a hell of a lot of information in that story.
View Quote

Yeah that caught my eye as well. Did he allegedly leave the van with her?
Page / 231
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top