BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 9
Link Posted: 7/13/2020 11:48:25 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Never been a Ford owner, likely will never own a Ford truck, but Ford has introduced something that gives me pause. Kudos, Ford. Pisses me off even more now that GM turned the Blazer into a fag-mobile.
View Quote

Say what you will about how the Bronco will compete against the Wrangler and 4Runner next year, but the reality is there is a product manager at GM responsible for that dumpster fire who is on suicide watch right now.
Link Posted: 7/13/2020 11:53:58 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Same.

But the $60k one.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I have spent over 2 fucking hours trying to reserve one. I am literally wanting to give Ford $40k and they refuse to take it.
Same.

But the $60k one.

They sold out bro.
Link Posted: 7/13/2020 11:56:01 PM EDT
[#3]
Great a whole new generation of people calling my Scout II a bronco.
Link Posted: 7/13/2020 11:56:20 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

It’s going to have the 10 speed auto. It should be good to go for towing. This is the same transmission as what is now in the F-250.

I do get it that a clutch can be nice and is enjoyable to drive but for towing you will be good with the 10 speed auto.
View Quote

Just because it has 10 gears doesn't mean it's the same trans as the F250.  Superduty trans is quite a bit beefier...

The Bronco will have the same trans as the Ranger
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 12:04:30 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Just because it has 10 gears doesn't mean it's the same trans as the F250.  Superduty trans is quite a bit beefier...

The Bronco will have the same trans as the Ranger
View Quote

The 10R80 in the Ranger is the same you'll find in the Bronco and the F150 for that matter.  Ford uses it in quite a few different cars/trucks.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ford-GM_10-speed_automatic_transmission
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 12:18:15 AM EDT
[#6]
Finally Jeep has some actual competition.

I hope it finally brings Jeep prices to somewhat normal levels.

The problem I have with Jeep is Chrysler. I've never really liked any of their products and the Wrangler was the only one I'd consider if I was in the market.
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 12:27:35 AM EDT
[#7]
I don't understand why the Jeep guys are so wound up over the Bronco. You guys should be happy. Competition drives innovation. You Jeep guys have been asking for more power for ever. The Bronco forced Jeeps hand and now there will be a V8 option. I wouldn't be surprised if next year we see some new trim levels being offered by Jeep as well. If you don't like the Bronco that's fine, nobody is forcing you to buy one.
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 12:31:04 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Say what you will about how the Bronco will compete against the Wrangler and 4Runner next year, but the reality is there is a product manager at GM responsible for that dumpster fire who is on suicide watch right now.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Never been a Ford owner, likely will never own a Ford truck, but Ford has introduced something that gives me pause. Kudos, Ford. Pisses me off even more now that GM turned the Blazer into a fag-mobile.

GM will probably sell a bunch of them to stupid moms. There are a bunch on the roads around here. That said, I am sad when I think about what could have been. A 2 door ZR2 Blazer. A throw back Blazer with a removable top? Both would be bad ass to see. Instead we got a fat girl camaro.
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 12:48:14 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I don't understand why the Jeep guys are so wound up over the Bronco. You guys should be happy. Competition drives innovation. You Jeep guys have been asking for more power for ever. The Bronco forced Jeeps hand and now there will be a V8 option. I wouldn't be surprised if next year we see some new trim levels being offered by Jeep as well. If you don't like the Bronco that's fine, nobody is forcing you to buy one.
View Quote
Or, some genius at FCA will give the Wrangler the Chevy Blazer treatment  Something like a Compass crossed with a Pontiac Aztec
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 1:40:58 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote

Like anything people become emotionally or financially invested to the thought of something being better is basically an attack on them.
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 5:31:52 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Are you a 10 year old kid?  Honest question.
View Quote

No I'm a 36 year old man who doesn't suck ford's dick because they generically copy jeep.
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 6:20:44 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

No I'm a 36 year old man who doesn't suck ford's dick because they generically copy jeep.
View Quote

Your a sad delusional person. Get some help.
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 8:01:02 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

...and you will still roll and be crushed or die in a fire during an offset impact.
View Quote
I drive a CJ 7 with lap belts only, ride a motor cycle and do a little skydiving so yeah that's a huge concern for me

Link Posted: 7/14/2020 8:02:03 AM EDT
[#14]
Did I just get permission?  And yea, I fudged the price a bit

Link Posted: 7/14/2020 8:10:30 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I'd drive that
View Quote

Drive, yes.  Buy, nope.
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 8:15:05 AM EDT
[#16]
Got my reservation in at 3am, FINALLY...4 door Big Bend edition. We are going Area 51, hard top and auto with possibly the v6.
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 8:16:00 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Like anything people become emotionally or financially invested to the thought of something being better is basically an attack on them.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The pride of ownership + cognitive dissonance
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 8:17:43 AM EDT
[#18]
No Classic OJ edition?
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 8:18:53 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
This thing is gonna make driving with no pants on kinda weird.
View Quote

It's a feature. What a time to be alive.
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 8:20:28 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
No Classic OJ edition?
View Quote

I saw it in the package options.. It comes with some I5 maps and a signature of AL Cowlings on the steering wheel and a cardboard cut out of the juice in the back among other things.
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 8:22:07 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Here is a photo shop with the door covered:

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/attachments/better-jpg.10489/
View Quote
I like the door holes
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 8:25:14 AM EDT
[#22]
Reservation in on a Wildtrak.

This will replace my Gladiator.
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 8:43:50 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 8:47:51 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Hennessey is not a player in any serious car discussion.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Hennessey is not a player in any serious car discussion.

No joke. Some sketchy things happening around that shop.

Quoted:

The Raptor forum has been bitching about the TRX but the overwhelming feeling is good because Ford needs competition to keep them upgrading the truck. Jeep guys should be happy too, as FCA engineers love to ignore the Jeep guys.
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 8:54:28 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Did I just get permission?  And yea, I fudged the price a bit

https://i.imgur.com/ans3hQU.png
View Quote

Probably. You certainly can't talk about it using that cell Network.
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 9:03:36 AM EDT
[#27]
I want a 2-door so bad. Too bad the retards at Ford UK don't have any plans of getting it over here. It would be a serious competitor of the Defender. But no, can't have nice things. Hey, at least we getting that shitty Mustang SUV
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 9:06:24 AM EDT
[#28]
Just think though, these are the base models... There is still going to be the Raptor/Warthog edition. Rumor on that is a V8, further upgraded suspension, and possibly 37 inch tires.

Edit: And lets not forget the pick up version. That will also be happening.
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 9:08:21 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
I want a 2-door so bad. Too bad the retards at Ford UK don't have any plans of getting it over here. It would be a serious competitor of the Defender. But no, can't have nice things. Hey, at least we getting that shitty Mustang SUV
View Quote

Man, don't even start about your part of the world not getting the cool vehicles...  it's much worse here.
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 9:15:42 AM EDT
[#30]
Ford has superior engineering and manufacturing capabilities over Chrysler, the Bronco will be superior to the Jeep.  I can't wait to test drive a 2-door Bronco with the manual transmission.  87% sure it will be my next vehicle purchase.  My 2001 TJ will survive me, however.
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 9:19:21 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

I saw it in the package options.. It comes with some I5 maps and a signature of AL Cowlings on the steering wheel and a cardboard cut out of the juice in the back among other things.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
No Classic OJ edition?

And a pair of gloves that don’t fit
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 9:21:10 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
I have spent over 2 fucking hours trying to reserve one. I am literally wanting to give Ford $40k and they refuse to take it.
View Quote
LOL I guarantee there will be at least a +$10k "market adjustment" on the window sticker when they show up on dealer lots. They're not interested in your $40k at this point.
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 9:22:06 AM EDT
[#33]
I'll admit I like it.  Glad to see Ford appears NOT to have screwed this one up.  Looking forward to seeing them on the road next year.
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 9:26:18 AM EDT
[#34]
I'd like to see what the cheapest 4 door, 2.7 w/10speed and Sasquatch pkg costs. Like a Base or Big Bend.
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 9:28:07 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
I'd like to see what the cheapest 4 door, 2.7 w/10speed and Sasquatch pkg costs. Like a Base or Big Bend.
View Quote

That package on a base 4 door should cost about 38msrp
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 9:38:30 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks.  That sounds very reasonable.
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 9:49:05 AM EDT
[#37]
Jeep guys like to forget that Ford had a hand in the creation of their beloved.  Jeep and Ford have a bit of history.... It's OK to like them both.

Link Posted: 7/14/2020 10:15:15 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Man, don't even start about your part of the world not getting the cool vehicles...  it's much worse here.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Whew,  it was like I was living in reverse world for a second.
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 10:47:09 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
View Quote

After neutering Land Rover for decades, Ford manages to create a passable Defender 90 styled offroader.  I like it
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 10:59:10 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

After neutering Land Rover for decades, Ford manages to create a passable Defender 90 styled offroader.  I like it
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Decades? Ford owned JLR from 2000 to 2008.
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 11:01:30 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Just think though, these are the base models... There is still going to be the Raptor/Warthog edition. Rumor on that is a V8, further upgraded suspension, and possibly 37 inch tires.

View Quote

Yea I’m waiting to see what happens with a 2022 F150 Raptor vs a Bronco Raptor. I’ll need a new one by then and want the self-driving ability if they release all the maps by then.
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 11:02:55 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
I like it.

I have no use for it, but I like it.

However, I think an expensive Jeep knock off may be just what does Ford in.
View Quote

Trump re-elected 2021 economy no more Covid...might really take off.
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 11:13:06 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
View Quote
Hah! You know how long we've been saying that about the little diesels they sell you guys?
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 11:16:10 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View Quote

No way it will get a V8 if the current Raptor is the V6 EcoBoost.

Link Posted: 7/14/2020 11:18:55 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View Quote
Yeah hard to believe it wouldn't simply be a 3.5 EB or a "raptor tune package" 2.7.
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 11:26:15 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Yeah hard to believe it wouldn't simply be a 3.5 EB or a "raptor tune package" 2.7.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well they're rumors, so...

Those Rumors also say Ford wants to offer a V8 Raptor again.
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 11:33:40 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well I'm not opposed to it.  I'm a coyote fan.  I have a 700+ hp one in my driveway.
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 11:37:15 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View Quote

Those rumors have been around ever since the gen2 raptor came out.  Even if the raptor gets a v8 again, which is unlikely, the Bronco would be even more unlikely to get one.  Considering this is based on the ranger platform, and the supposed US ranger raptor will get the 2.7 the bronco actually getting the 2.7 more or less confirms that in my mind.  I would imagine any raptor version of the bronco would get a tuned 2.7 in it. Which shouldn’t be a disappointment. 2.7s with a tune make some very good power, get better mpg(which is needed for cafe), weigh less, and as we know from Jeep will be easier to deal with crash ratings and cooling.
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 12:07:32 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Those rumors have been around ever since the gen2 raptor came out.  Even if the raptor gets a v8 again, which is unlikely, the Bronco would be even more unlikely to get one.  Considering this is based on the ranger platform, and the supposed US ranger raptor will get the 2.7 the bronco actually getting the 2.7 more or less confirms that in my mind.  I would imagine any raptor version of the bronco would get a tuned 2.7 in it. Which shouldn't be a disappointment. 2.7s with a tune make some very good power, get better mpg(which is needed for cafe), weigh less, and as we know from Jeep will be easier to deal with crash ratings and cooling.
View Quote
I agree it's unlikely but I also thought it was unlikely that Ford was going to actually release a Bronco that wasn't something like a rebadged Ford Escape.  At this point anything is possible
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 12:19:17 PM EDT
[#50]
So fucking excited for this. I've been looking for a vehicle to replace my 4th gen 4Runner. I looked at buying a new one a few times, but it just felt like a side-grade with the same boring old motor and interior. For the price, it was hard to justify.

Ford listened with this thing. You can get 35s and lockers on even a base trim truck.

Will purchase/10
Page / 9
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top