Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 9
Link Posted: 7/13/2020 10:04:27 PM EDT
[#1]
Looks pretty good to me. I really like the 2 door. Good crawl ratio and clearances. If it Had a solid front axle it would be a legitimate choice for me.

I like the rail on the dash for phones, cameras etc, great idea.

Marine grade vinyl option - I never understood why that isn’t standard in pretty much every Jeep, if it’s designed to get wet and dirty cloth is never a good choice. My tj has vinyl and it was one of the reasons I bought the base model when I did, vinyl seats rock.

Lockers and 35s available on every model - I hate that Jeep makes you buy the top of the line model to get the goods, a base model with lockers and good tires was all I’ve ever wanted I’ve never needed any fluff besides heat and air conditioning.

I wonder how long it’s going to take for a solid axle swap kit to hit the market.
Link Posted: 7/13/2020 10:04:56 PM EDT
[#2]
Won't effect jeep pricing until/unless this is successful.
Link Posted: 7/13/2020 10:05:04 PM EDT
[#3]
There's a 7 speed manual transmission option...
Link Posted: 7/13/2020 10:05:23 PM EDT
[#4]
Ford actually delivered
Link Posted: 7/13/2020 10:05:29 PM EDT
[#5]
Is this the best that ford could do? Looks like an attempt at remaking a fucking corn binder. Maybe the lead designer worked for international harvester back in the 60s.
Link Posted: 7/13/2020 10:05:52 PM EDT
[#6]
Ford is going to eat up Jeep sales with the Bronco.
Link Posted: 7/13/2020 10:06:44 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Quoted:

If you can't see it, then you ain't looking very hard. The design copy is pretty easy to point out.

You're right. I can't even tell the two apart.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/276423/Screen_Shot_2020-07-13_at_9_00_48_PM_png-1502923.JPG
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/276423/Screen_Shot_2020-07-13_at_9_03_55_PM_png-1502926.JPG

Now post up a pic of the 2 door yellow one against the jeep pic
Link Posted: 7/13/2020 10:07:52 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Hey, Ford.

FJ much?

View Quote

With a little IH Scout mixed in...

Link Posted: 7/13/2020 10:09:17 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Disconnecting under load and disconnecting are two very different things.  If a vehicle is on “level” ground the sway bar is not under load.
View Quote

The LR's were completely active just like the Bronco's.

Land Rover master tech here, I repaired many of them in my time when I worked for LR.
Link Posted: 7/13/2020 10:09:40 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 7/13/2020 10:10:10 PM EDT
[#11]
even the fuckin windshield profile is the same. They copied the roll bar the tail lights are damn close, as well as the tail gate, even the roof is a knock off, and the rear bumper. Lol that shit is funny as hell.
Link Posted: 7/13/2020 10:10:54 PM EDT
[#12]
Looks like a 4 runner
Link Posted: 7/13/2020 10:11:21 PM EDT
[#13]
I'm really impressed that it seems like Ford listened to their customers and not only delivered but delivered without fucking it up.
Link Posted: 7/13/2020 10:12:52 PM EDT
[#14]

The bumpers are definitely similar, but one looks like a modern 60s bronco, the other looks like a Jeep. 7” Round headlights were on everything for many many years it’s not like Jeep can claim them as there own design.
Link Posted: 7/13/2020 10:16:03 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 7/13/2020 10:18:39 PM EDT
[#16]
I want the four door
Link Posted: 7/13/2020 10:21:33 PM EDT
[#17]
Thank God that's over. Now everybody will argue who was first at doing whatever and who copied who Now Toyota gets to redesign the 4runner to best them all.

Cant believe they left out the manual transfer case, but you cant get them in the trucks anymore anyway. Guess time to give some things up.
Link Posted: 7/13/2020 10:26:21 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Probably go for $75k, for a truck that's MSRP at $60k, and actually worth $40k.

With that said... looks awesome
View Quote
I would think about it for less than 30. in 4wd. for more than 30 wouldnt even entertain the idea.
Link Posted: 7/13/2020 10:27:04 PM EDT
[#19]
2 door and 4 door have same leg room.  4 door is 16 inches longer, but not to the benefit of the second row.  
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 7/13/2020 10:28:24 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Thank God that's over. Now everybody will argue who was first at doing whatever and who copied who Now Toyota gets to redesign the 4runner to best them all.

Cant believe they left out the manual transfer case, but you cant get them in the trucks anymore anyway. Guess time to give some things up.
View Quote

Mine popped out into N on the side of a mountain in WV this past weekend.  Took a couple seconds to realize what was going on as I slammed on my brakes to try and arrest my backward slide, as the engine revved with nothing happening.  Then realized what had happened and slammed it back into 4H and was fine...but that's an adrenaline rush you are going to miss out on in that Bronco.  
Link Posted: 7/13/2020 10:30:27 PM EDT
[#21]
I fucking love everything about this except one thing....the 7 speed can't be paired with the 2.7.  I REALLY wanted the 7 spd/2.7 ecoboost combo.  I have a boat I need to tow.  It's not huge, but I really want a manual and I really want the 2.7 for the extra towing umph.  I have an F-250 as well, but I don't want to have to use that to tow my boat.
Link Posted: 7/13/2020 10:30:58 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

The bumpers are definitely similar, but one looks like a modern 60s bronco, the other looks like a Jeep. 7” Round headlights were on everything for many many years it’s not like Jeep can claim them as there own design.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

But Jeep is the only one who stuck with the generic 7" light since the 60's so only they can use it, right?

I don't see the bumper similarity at all. The Jeep bumper sits way out front, is all plastic, tow hooks on TOP. Of course it comes up to a point at the most distal end...that's a key feature on virtually every off-road bumper. Same thing with the humped area over the frame horn...it's just how they all end up having to look. Hell, my pickup truck front end has virtually the same bumper.

Attachment Attached File

Quoted:

What's the benefit of a manual T-case? I had one in my first truck and just the camp Jeep has one now. I've had electric on probably 7 vehicles, off-road fairly regularly, and have never had an issue. Plus they offer shift-on-the-fly and don't seem to hang up/stiffen up.
Link Posted: 7/13/2020 10:32:49 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

The LR's were completely active just like the Bronco's.

Land Rover master tech here, I repaired many of them in my time when I worked for LR.
View Quote
when you put sway bars in the trash where they belong it doesnt matter if they are broken.
Link Posted: 7/13/2020 10:32:55 PM EDT
[#24]
Has there been a prices released?
Link Posted: 7/13/2020 10:34:00 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Can't wait to see the local mall parking lot filled up with these things.
View Quote

Grandpa, no one goes to the mall anymore
Link Posted: 7/13/2020 10:34:01 PM EDT
[#26]
Looks like styling cues from the OG Bronco to me....

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/13/2020 10:34:35 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Fugly ass wanna be poser shit, just like that Toyota abomination land cruiser. Ford nor Toyota had the balls to do what needed to be done in regards to drivetrain to knock the wrangler off the top. Ifs will always suck, and they don't have the jeep heritage. In summary; lol.
View Quote

Are you a 10 year old kid?  Honest question.
Link Posted: 7/13/2020 10:35:37 PM EDT
[#28]
Land Rover had sex with a KIA.
Link Posted: 7/13/2020 10:35:44 PM EDT
[#29]

Absolutely.  That was clearly the inspiration.  Anything else is just sour grapes by Jeep guys and FJ gals.
Link Posted: 7/13/2020 10:36:45 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
I fucking love everything about this except one thing....the 7 speed can't be paired with the 2.7.  I REALLY wanted the 7 spd/2.7 ecoboost combo.  I have a boat I need to tow.  It's not huge, but I really want a manual and I really want the 2.7 for the extra towing umph.  I have an F-250 as well, but I don't want to have to use that to tow my boat.
View Quote

It’s going to have the 10 speed auto. It should be good to go for towing. This is the same transmission as what is now in the F-250.

I do get it that a clutch can be nice and is enjoyable to drive but for towing you will be good with the 10 speed auto.
Link Posted: 7/13/2020 10:39:55 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

It’s going to have the 10 speed auto. It should be good to go for towing. This is the same transmission as what is now in the F-250.

I do get it that a clutch can be nice and is enjoyable to drive but for towing you will be good with the 10 speed auto.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes, 10 speed would definitely do the job.  I just prefer driving manual transmissions.   I was excited when I heard about the 7 speed last year.  I don't want to have to choose between a manual or the large engine.  I want both.
Link Posted: 7/13/2020 10:46:22 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Yes, 10 speed would definitely do the job.  I just prefer driving manual transmissions.   I was excited when I heard about the 7 speed last year.  I don't want to have to choose between a manual or the large engine.  I want both.
View Quote

This X2.
Link Posted: 7/13/2020 10:47:22 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View Quote

I’m sure you can blame cafe standards for that bullshit.
Link Posted: 7/13/2020 10:49:29 PM EDT
[#34]
I have spent over 2 fucking hours trying to reserve one. I am literally wanting to give Ford $40k and they refuse to take it.
Link Posted: 7/13/2020 10:51:45 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Fugly ass wanna be poser shit, just like that Toyota abomination land cruiser. Ford nor Toyota had the balls to do what needed to be done in regards to drivetrain to knock the wrangler off the top. Ifs will always suck, and they don't have the jeep heritage. In summary; lol.
View Quote

Are you having a stroke? Jeep heritage=small Italian cars.
Link Posted: 7/13/2020 10:53:10 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
I kind want to see what Roush, Shelby, or Hennessey have in store with this.
View Quote

Hennessey is not a player in any serious car discussion.
Link Posted: 7/13/2020 11:00:17 PM EDT
[#37]
If Jeep owners would have stopped pouring money into their Italian shit box they could afford a Bronco
Link Posted: 7/13/2020 11:08:20 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Will there be all the aftermarket support for the Bronco as exists for the Jeep?
View Quote

That would take a LONG time.
Link Posted: 7/13/2020 11:10:58 PM EDT
[#39]
I like it.

Granted, I'm not in the market since I'm so far down the Land Rover rabbit hole, but if I were it would be tempting.

Link Posted: 7/13/2020 11:12:56 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Will there be all the aftermarket support for the Bronco as exists for the Jeep?

I believe aftermarket support was mentioned in the presentation but I was busy trying to order.
Link Posted: 7/13/2020 11:25:22 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
View Quote
Looking at the Ford site it lists the towing capacity at 3500 for the 2.7 v6, is that right?  My wifes Subaru has a towing capacity of 3500 lbs.

I would be reserving a Bronco right now if it weren't for that.  My boat fueled and loaded tops 4000 lbs.

Link Posted: 7/13/2020 11:28:13 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Looking at the Ford site it lists the towing capacity at 3500 for the 2.7 v6, is that right?  My wifes Subaru has a towing capacity of 3500 lbs.

I would be reserving a Bronco right now if it weren't for that.  My boat fueled and loaded tops 4000 lbs.

View Quote
Probably for the 2 door. Short wheel base = low tow rating.
Link Posted: 7/13/2020 11:29:51 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Probably for the 2 door. Short wheel base = low tow rating.
View Quote
Same for both:

Vehicle Highlights2-Door4-Door
Max Seating Capacity45
Drive Type4x44x4
Transmission10-Speed Automatic/7-Speed Manual Transmission10-Speed Automatic/7-Speed Manual Transmission
Wheelbase100"116"
Maximum Towing Capacity35003500
Link Posted: 7/13/2020 11:31:01 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Same for both:

Vehicle Highlights2-Door4-Door
Max Seating Capacity45
Drive Type4x44x4
Transmission10-Speed Automatic/7-Speed Manual Transmission10-Speed Automatic/7-Speed Manual Transmission
Wheelbase100"116"
Maximum Towing Capacity35003500
View Quote
I don't tow far, I wonder if I could get away with it.  It's not like the power isn't there.

Edit:  Further down specs it does say this...

4-Door2.7L EcoBoostAutomaticClass II Trailer Tow PackageTBD
Link Posted: 7/13/2020 11:35:03 PM EDT
[#45]
FUCK!!!!  I cant even get into ford's website to pre-order!!!!!
Link Posted: 7/13/2020 11:36:34 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
I have spent over 2 fucking hours trying to reserve one. I am literally wanting to give Ford $40k and they refuse to take it.
View Quote
Same.

But the $60k one.
Link Posted: 7/13/2020 11:37:26 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

No anger, just pointing out the blatant copying of design. You guys can have that ifs, eco boost turd.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Man the Jeep guys are almost as angry as their angry face grill covers.

No anger, just pointing out the blatant copying of design. You guys can have that ifs, eco boost turd.
LOL.  Someone get this guy a hurt feelings report.
Link Posted: 7/13/2020 11:41:47 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Is this the best that ford could do? Looks like an attempt at remaking a fucking corn binder. Maybe the lead designer worked for international harvester back in the 60s.
View Quote

Good thing I like scouts
Link Posted: 7/13/2020 11:42:57 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Unfortunately this. I wish the hell they would make the V8 an option on all trim levels but they wont.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Rubicon w/ Hemi, factory 35s and more in 2021. Bet on it.
Even if you're a Jeep guy this will light a fire under the manufacturer. That's always good.

And it will have an MSRP of 75K.
Unfortunately this. I wish the hell they would make the V8 an option on all trim levels but they wont.

...and you will still roll and be crushed or die in a fire during an offset impact.
Link Posted: 7/13/2020 11:43:16 PM EDT
[#50]
Never been a Ford owner, likely will never own a Ford truck, but Ford has introduced something that gives me pause. Kudos, Ford. Pisses me off even more now that GM turned the Blazer into a fag-mobile.
Page / 9
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top