BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 71
Link Posted: 4/8/2024 1:42:55 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By jafrush:
About 90 pounds with all 10 crossbars. Stainless doesn't rust unless exposed to something like bleach.
View Quote

Thanks! I dont bleach my vehicles so gtg on that
Link Posted: 4/8/2024 1:44:26 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By laxman09:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
About 90 pounds with all 10 crossbars. Stainless doesn't rust unless exposed to something like bleach.

You would be surprised what some people do to vehicles

If you pick it up and need anything let me know
Link Posted: 4/8/2024 1:51:11 PM EDT
[#3]
New shoes going on.....

Tires are the worst yet most gratifying thing to have to buy.
Link Posted: 4/8/2024 2:06:39 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By Finslayer83:
New shoes going on.....

View Quote

Did you end up going with the KO3?

I’m in the same boat and will be replacing my Toyo ATIIIs.  They’ve been fine but interested in the KO3s.
Link Posted: 4/8/2024 2:35:09 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Finslayer83] [#5]
Originally Posted By Big_Brakes:

I’m in the same boat and will be replacing my Toyo ATIIIs.  They’ve been fine but interested in the KO3s.
View All Quotes
New shoes going on.....

Not this round.

@PhuzzyGnu and his 200 got me all fired up for some Goodyears. Going with the just released (Feb maybe) Duratrac RT's.

Changed up a bunch of stuff and now a 3ply with lots of sipes.

First run with Goodyears so we shall see, in 285/70/17 it's one of the proper fullsized 33's out there as well.

Link Posted: 4/8/2024 2:37:58 PM EDT
[#6]
They are pretty good in sand without airing down.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 4/8/2024 2:40:38 PM EDT
[#7]
I wasn’t happy with the falken wildpeaks. They are wearing fast. I can’t figure out why. Suspension feels solid so I have no idea. I’m replacing my lower control arms just to be safe and getting another alignment. Sucks so bad cause these tires are 1.5 years old.
Link Posted: 4/8/2024 2:45:39 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By Ivan1:
I wasn’t happy with the falken wildpeaks. They are wearing fast. I can’t figure out why. Suspension feels solid so I have no idea. I’m replacing my lower control arms just to be safe and getting another alignment. Sucks so bad cause these tires are 1.5 years old.
View Quote

where are they wearing?

load range and PSI?
Link Posted: 4/8/2024 2:48:39 PM EDT
[#9]

where are they wearing?

load range and PSI?
View Quote

Just the p265/70r17. Not the LT’s. I run them at 38 psi just cause I don’t like the way it rides with 32 psi the truck calls for. They are wearing mostly in the front. I’m due for another rotation and am putting those worn ones in the rear.
Link Posted: 4/8/2024 2:50:29 PM EDT
[#10]

Just the p265/70r17. Not the LT’s. I run them at 38 psi just cause I don’t like the way it rides with 32 psi the truck calls for. They are wearing mostly in the front. I’m due for another rotation and am putting those worn ones in the rear.
View Quote

Dang thats high. I was at 36psi and recently dropped down to 34psi and am getting really good MPG.

But I still have shitty Dunlop Grantreks
Link Posted: 4/8/2024 2:54:31 PM EDT
[#11]

Dang thats high. I was at 36psi and recently dropped down to 34psi and am getting really good MPG.

But I still have shitty Dunlop Grantreks
View Quote

I’ll probably lower it to 36 and see what happens. As it goes though, I’m not happy. My 4th gen had k02’s and after 4 years still had tons of tread left but were starting to crack.
Link Posted: 4/8/2024 3:06:59 PM EDT
[Last Edit: garr] [#12]

I’ll probably lower it to 36 and see what happens. As it goes though, I’m not happy. My 4th gen had k02’s and after 4 years still had tons of tread left but were starting to crack.
View Quote

I currently own the 6 vehicles driven by my family & myself, every tire (regardless of mfg) now seems to start dryrotting sidewalls after 3-4 years, it's getting hard to keep up with tires going bad. Tires used to hold up better, what changed?
Link Posted: 4/8/2024 3:25:16 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By garr:

I currently own the 6 vehicles driven by my family & myself, every tire (regardless of mfg) now seems to start dryrotting sidewalls after 3-4 years, it's getting hard to keep up with tires going bad. Tires used to hold up better, what changed?
View All Quotes

Chy-na
Link Posted: 4/8/2024 4:11:14 PM EDT
[#14]

View Quote

Buy some wildpeaks, they’ll be done before they dry rot
Link Posted: 4/8/2024 5:13:33 PM EDT
[#15]

Not this round.

@PhuzzyGnu and his 200 got me all fired up for some Goodyears. Going with the just released (Feb maybe) Duratrac RT's.

First run with Goodyears so we shall see, in 285/70/17 it's one of the proper fullsized 33's out there as well.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/164007/E2DCFF72-5005-4741-B66F-8C78C486F4BA-3182243.jpg
View All Quotes
New shoes going on.....

Not this round.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/164007/E2DCFF72-5005-4741-B66F-8C78C486F4BA-3182243.jpg

I’d like to hear feedback on these, I was eyeballing them for my TJ
Link Posted: 4/8/2024 6:18:18 PM EDT
[Last Edit: PhuzzyGnu] [#16]
Originally Posted By Porkchop_Sandwiches:

I'd like to hear feedback on these, I was eyeballing them for my TJ
View Quote

Holy shit what a tire.

175 mile round trip down to the beach, with a smooth, quiet highway ride.  

Once at Bryan Beach the 200 was as competent as I expected.  I was the only vehicle that made it down to the SW end by the river mouth.  I didn't even air down.

Attachment Attached File

Deep soft sand away from the waterline (I just couldn't bring myself to splash through saltwater) - deep enough that the skid plates and spare were dragging.  No problem.

Attachment Attached File

After eating lunch - just me and the Birds - I went back up the beach and played in some mud and whatnot.  I didn't feel like getting myself stuck and walking several miles while getting eaten alive by mosquitoes so I didn't go too crazy.  

No ragrets on this tire choice at all.  A true 33" tire in the 275/70R18 size. 40psi.

Attachment Attached File

@Finslayer83

What say you?

Link Posted: 4/8/2024 7:09:33 PM EDT
[#17]
So far i'm shocked at how quiet it is.

I expected a louder tire with the outer lug design.

I'd say it's on the max of "aggressive A/T" with a smidge of "hybrid". It is not a STMaxx, IMO (ran on my 2nd gen tacoma).

Got maybe 50 miles on em and so far so good!

specs out to a true 33, one of the few 285/70/17's that do.

Link Posted: 4/8/2024 8:20:12 PM EDT
[#18]
I wonder if those would fit mine. I have a 2.5 in the front, supposedly 1.5 in the rear. What did you have before that?
Link Posted: 4/8/2024 11:33:00 PM EDT
[#19]
I wonder if those would fit mine. I have a 2.5 in the front, supposedly 1.5 in the rear. What did you have before that?
View Quote

It’s had Nittos, Coopers, and Toyos, all in 285/70/17.

Depending on wheel and need to trim some plastic in the front - you should be fine.

Link Posted: 4/9/2024 12:59:14 AM EDT
[#20]

It’s had Nittos, Coopers, and Toyos, all in 285/70/17.

Depending on wheel and need to trim some plastic in the front - you should be fine.

View Quote

I have some rays 57dr in 17x8.5 0 offset that I’m gonna use.
Link Posted: 4/9/2024 7:22:56 AM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By PhuzzyGnu:

Holy shit what a tire.

Once at Bryan Beach the 200 was as competent as I expected.  I was the only vehicle that made it down to the SW end by the river mouth.  I didn't even air down.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/69748/1000008969_png-3182512.JPG

Deep soft sand away from the waterline (I just couldn't bring myself to splash through saltwater) - deep enough that the skid plates and spare were dragging.  No problem.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/69748/1000008960_jpg-3182515.JPG

After eating lunch - just me and the Birds - I went back up the beach and played in some mud and whatnot.  I didn't feel like getting myself stuck and walking several miles while getting eaten alive by mosquitoes so I didn't go too crazy.  

No ragrets on this tire choice at all.  A true 33" tire in the 275/70R18 size. 40psi.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/69748/1000008953_jpg-3182517.JPG

@Finslayer83

What say you?

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By PhuzzyGnu:
Originally Posted By Porkchop_Sandwiches:

I'd like to hear feedback on these, I was eyeballing them for my TJ

Holy shit what a tire.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/69748/1000008969_png-3182512.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/69748/1000008960_jpg-3182515.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/69748/1000008953_jpg-3182517.JPG

@Finslayer83

What say you?

Thanks, I think this is my next tire when the MT’s finish wearing out.
Link Posted: 4/9/2024 12:02:15 PM EDT
[#22]

I have some rays 57dr in 17x8.5 0 offset that I’m gonna use.
View Quote

The methods are the exact same spec.

prob have to trim / heat push the front liner with the added scrub radius.

10 min job per side, easy.

If I didn't have @jafrush bar on the front I'd of had to trim.

--

Oil change underway in the garage as I type.
Link Posted: 4/10/2024 7:33:28 AM EDT
[#23]
2025 Toyota 4Runner FULL Tour: It's Finally Here!
Link Posted: 4/10/2024 8:38:59 AM EDT
[#24]
The hybrid battery consumes a significant amount of cargo volume.

I wonder what kind of battery technology Toyota uses, and how long they will last.
Link Posted: 4/10/2024 9:09:53 AM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By -SkyRaider-:

I wonder what kind of battery technology Toyota uses, and how long they will last.
View Quote

This is my issue with the new LC, and why I’m kind of leaning towards the new GX. I don’t necessarily mind the hybrid, as Toyota has been making them forever at this point. What I don’t like is the reduction in payload and cargo space from the hybrid components.
Link Posted: 4/10/2024 9:12:28 AM EDT
[#26]

View Quote

Batteries will be nimh, so nothing really new for them.
Link Posted: 4/10/2024 9:47:24 AM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By metalsaber:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kmtbk0siRIM
View Quote

That back seat is rough
Link Posted: 4/10/2024 10:01:20 AM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By DiscoVolante:

This is my issue with the new LC, and why I’m kind of leaning towards the new GX. I don’t necessarily mind the hybrid, as Toyota has been making them forever at this point. What I don’t like is the reduction in payload and cargo space from the hybrid components.
View Quote

Is the GX the same frame and the same size as the Sequoia?

That would be too big for me.
Link Posted: 4/10/2024 10:45:54 AM EDT
[#29]

Is the GX the same frame and the same size as the Sequoia?

That would be too big for me.
View Quote

Roughly the same size as the Land Cruiser and new 4Runner.
Link Posted: 4/10/2024 10:49:51 AM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By Ayada:

Roughly the same size as the Land Cruiser and new 4Runner.
View Quote

...which are basically slightly shorter Tacomas in terms of footprint.
Link Posted: 4/10/2024 9:41:59 PM EDT
[#31]
Do any of you guys have a problem with sun glare on the hood scoop? I've read online that some with this issue have installed a matte black wrap, which I think would look pretty good on my white 4R.  The issue I have is I wouldn't dare install one myself because every sticker on my toolbox is crooked. What type of business would I go to have a wrap installed professionally? Any idea what the cost would be?
Link Posted: 4/10/2024 9:55:03 PM EDT
[Last Edit: -SkyRaider-] [#32]
Originally Posted By BoiseG:
Do any of you guys have a problem with sun glare on the hood scoop? I've read online that some with this issue have installed a matte black wrap, which I think would look pretty good on my white 4R.  The issue I have is I wouldn't dare install one myself because every sticker on my toolbox is crooked. What type of business would I go to have a wrap installed professionally? Any idea what the cost would be?
View Quote

Not necessariy sun glare, but I have heard people complain about growing tired of staring at the back side of a hood scoop everywhere they go.
Link Posted: 4/10/2024 9:59:44 PM EDT
[#33]
View Quote

Window tinting places usually dabble in wraps as it's a lot of the same skillset. Otherwise just search for "car wrap" or "car vinyl" and Google should sort out a few suggestions near you.

If I had to throw out a guess I'd say between $100-200 for just the hood scoop. There are some pre shaped decals you can buy online and if you find a place willing you may just need to pay some labor.
Link Posted: 4/10/2024 10:22:51 PM EDT
[#34]
View Quote
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 4/10/2024 10:53:50 PM EDT
[#35]

Window tinting places usually dabble in wraps as it's a lot of the same skillset. Otherwise just search for "car wrap" or "car vinyl" and Google should sort out a few suggestions near you.

If I had to throw out a guess I'd say between $100-200 for just the hood scoop. There are some pre shaped decals you can buy online and if you find a place willing you may just need to pay some labor.
View Quote

"Google Car Wrap", who woulda thunk it?!  

Thank you guys!
Link Posted: 4/11/2024 7:34:24 AM EDT
[#36]
I wrapped the scoops on my previous two 5th gens. Haven't done the new one yet, for some reason I'm not getting the glare as bad with Solar as I did with MGM and Salsa. Still on my to-do list eventually because I like the look.

Tint guy did my first one, I did this one myself. Vinyl off Amazon and knifeless tape to make the cuts. It's not too hard once you figure it out.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 4/11/2024 8:25:17 PM EDT
[#37]

If I had to throw out a guess I'd say between $100-200 for just the hood scoop.
View Quote

You were right on. The quote I got is for $125. That include their material, and labor.  The photo is what I'm doing, except matte black (no topo) and the lettering will be gloss black.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/11/2024 8:27:40 PM EDT
[#38]
I wrapped the scoops on my previous two 5th gens. Haven't done the new one yet, for some reason I'm not getting the glare as bad with Solar as I did with MGM and Salsa. Still on my to-do list eventually because I like the look.

Tint guy did my first one, I did this one myself. Vinyl off Amazon and knifeless tape to make the cuts. It's not too hard once you figure it out.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/350579/1000003407_jpg-3184682.JPG
View Quote

That looks great, I was giving that style a lot of consideration too.
Link Posted: 4/12/2024 5:51:41 PM EDT
[#39]
Got my suspension parts put on yesterday. Eibach Pro Sport Truck shocks and struts. Stock springs on front @ 1.6". Gen 4 rear Eibach spring in rear for 0.75" lift. I have about 0.75" of rake now, started with 1.5".

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/12/2024 11:31:42 PM EDT
[#40]
Got my suspension parts put on yesterday. Eibach Pro Sport Truck shocks and struts. Stock springs on front @ 1.6". Gen 4 rear Eibach spring in rear for 0.75" lift. I have about 0.75" of rake now, started with 1.5".

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/450791/1000000457_jpg-3186037.JPG
View Quote

Niiice
Link Posted: 4/13/2024 12:53:34 AM EDT
[#41]

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/450791/1000000457_jpg-3186037.JPG
View Quote

Looks awesome. What size tires are mounted?
Link Posted: 4/13/2024 8:40:36 AM EDT
[#42]

Looks awesome. What size tires are mounted?
View Quote

Stock Dunlops

I'm going to run them all summer and then try and squeeze on 285 this fall.
Link Posted: 4/13/2024 11:07:14 PM EDT
[#43]
Whats everyones thoughts on the new wildpeaks? I’m thinking hard about them since walmart has the 285/70r17 on sale for 238. I was going to go with the mickey thompson baja boss but want a quiet tire. My at3w are very quiet but I didn’t like how fast they are wearing, supposedly the atw4 fixed that.
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 2:04:39 PM EDT
[#44]
First brush pinstripes this weekend

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 4/15/2024 2:10:08 PM EDT
[#45]

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/350579/20240413_105443_jpg-3188676.JPG
View Quote

I’m dreading that! 😅. I have a 2001 Tundra that the paint is primarily mountain pinstripes and I could care less.  I’ll probably cuss and cry with the first set on the new 4R.
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 2:19:16 PM EDT
[#46]

I'm dreading that! . I have a 2001 Tundra that the paint is primarily mountain pinstripes and I could care less.  I'll probably cuss and cry with the first set on the new 4R.
View All Quotes

I'm dreading that! . I have a 2001 Tundra that the paint is primarily mountain pinstripes and I could care less.  I'll probably cuss and cry with the first set on the new 4R.
Yeah I've been babying this thing so far. Just sold my other vehicle that has been my main off road truck for the past year, so this is taking that role for the time being as well as being my only 4x4 for the moment.
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 6:41:20 PM EDT
[#47]
Yeah I've been babying this thing so far. Just sold my other vehicle that has been my main off road truck for the past year, so this is taking that role for the time being as well as being my only 4x4 for the moment.
View All Quotes

Super white for the win.

It's only the black plastic window trim that shows the brutality.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 11:18:29 PM EDT
[#48]
Installed a DR KDSS Bolt on Track Bar Correction Kit (BOTCK).  

Suspension: Dobinsons C59-327 rear springs, King 2.5” with adjusters, Dura Bump bump stops, Icon UCA’s

Wheels: VTX Stinger 17x9 -25

Tires: Toyo AT3 285/75r17 (34’s)

Also has pinch wells smashed and a BMC.  Next up is 4.56 gears and bumping up to 35’s.  Then Dirt King lower control arms, spindle gussets, and cam tab gussets.

Link Posted: 4/16/2024 11:21:15 PM EDT
[#49]
2024 Land Cruiser reviews went live today.

Sounds like the iForce MAX has impressive torque at low RPM but absolutely nothing in the way of highway passing power.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 6:59:05 AM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By HD2006:
Installed a DR KDSS Bolt on Track Bar Correction Kit (BOTCK).  

Suspension: Dobinsons C59-327 rear springs, King 2.5” with adjusters, Dura Bump bump stops, Icon UCA’s

Wheels: VTX Stinger 17x9 -25

Tires: Toyo AT3 285/75r17 (34’s)

Also has pinch wells smashed and a BMC.  Next up is 4.56 gears and bumping up to 35’s.  Then Dirt King lower control arms, spindle gussets, and cam tab gussets.

https://i.imgur.com/xzwFZ28.jpeg

https://i.imgur.com/MIP4MBq.jpeg

https://i.imgur.com/QttgmS9.jpeg

https://i.imgur.com/1K5yJ8q.jpeg

https://i.imgur.com/b1YwLpG.jpeg

View Quote

Noice
Page / 71
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top