Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/14/2019 11:24:59 AM EDT
How many times do you send a gun back to the manufacturer to be fixed before you want a new gun or a refund?
Link Posted: 6/13/2019 8:24:49 PM EDT
[#1]
Need more details...
Link Posted: 6/13/2019 8:40:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 6/13/2019 8:53:31 PM EDT
[#3]
I'm a builder, and at the most I've purchased complete lowers/uppers assemblies. If there is an issue that can be fixed without spending an abundance of money out of pocket I'll just do it myself.

In context to a complete rifle and how many times, I guess it would depend on how much you really like that rifle.
Link Posted: 6/13/2019 9:07:55 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
How many times do you send a gun back to the manufacturer to be fixed before you want a new gun or a refund?
View Quote
87?

Details?
Link Posted: 6/13/2019 9:09:35 PM EDT
[#5]
I've built more than one and less than a dozen and have never had to send anything back. I am certain the day will come but I pride myself in being able to fix things so if it isn't functional; i'll fix it myself.
Link Posted: 6/13/2019 9:13:00 PM EDT
[#6]
Never
Link Posted: 6/13/2019 10:04:52 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Not the 9mm AR STILL?
View Quote
YEP!

Bolt got chewed up on original gun. The ramp looked like a cheese grater was drawn across it. (1)Upper was sent back and bolt was replaced. Got upper back and the bolt was getting chewed up again. (2)So sent complete gun back. Was told that they replaced the bolt again and replaced the whole trigger and hammer group as it was the wrong hammer. Well the hammer they replaced it with was the same type that was in it to begin with. They told me they shot 130 rounds through it and everything looked perfect. Well it was NOT!

Got the whole gun back today. I took pictures of the bottom of the bolt as it had the same chatter marks that the two other bolts had. Plus now it is wearing a grove into the rear of the bolt and there are two deep groves being ground out of the sides of the hammer where it rides in the bolt.

I took pictures of before I took it out shooting as a precaution in case this happened again. AND, so the armchair a-holes will try not to say I took a grinder to it like a few tried to say before on the first bolt.

So if i send it back again it will be the 3rd time. I sent them a PM to find out what they have to say.
Link Posted: 6/13/2019 10:33:43 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 6/14/2019 12:21:44 AM EDT
[#9]
Get one pass then its sold on second trip
Link Posted: 6/14/2019 10:25:58 AM EDT
[#10]
Yikes
Link Posted: 6/14/2019 11:05:43 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 6/14/2019 11:13:29 AM EDT
[#12]
Have you do any mods to the pistol?
Link Posted: 6/14/2019 11:25:29 AM EDT
[#13]
If it's the same issue, twice would be my limit.
Link Posted: 6/14/2019 11:34:40 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote

ONCE.
SHIT WORKS OR IT DON'T.
I got 99 problems, but unreliable guns ain't any of them.
Link Posted: 6/14/2019 11:59:22 AM EDT
[#15]
Everyone here builds their own.
Link Posted: 6/14/2019 12:12:23 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote
I bought an early model .454 Casull Raging Bull from Taurus.

Fired 2 rounds and my wife asked, "Why is your face bleeding?"
The damn thing was shredding the copper off the rounds.

Sent it back for repair.

Came back, same fucking thing.
I called Taurus again and stated that if it came back one more time with the same fault, I would see them in Court.
They replaced it.

No problems yet after hundreds of rounds.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top