User Panel

Page / 7
Link Posted: 6/12/2019 2:57:45 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
blown away that anyone thinks this officers actions are ok
View Quote
I would 100% knock someone out for spitting on me, even if they were restrained.  Yeah I know higher standard and all but on something as base as this, nope.  This is one of those things that holding to a higher standard will make absolutely zero impact anywhere on anything, and in fact most likely serves to just embolden them worse.  There are *countless* other places we'd be better served in holding cops to higher standards that apparently no one cares about, so Im apt to "oh well" myself on a lot of things.
Link Posted: 6/12/2019 2:58:13 PM EDT
[#2]
We live in an imperfect world. And imperfect justice was instantly served to an a-hole that desperately was asking for it.

Unfortunately, in a civilized society, where the rule of law should be the order of the day, you just can't have cops smacking handcuffed prisoners, no matter how much they deserve it.
Link Posted: 6/12/2019 2:59:57 PM EDT
[#3]
Good spit.

At least, from his point of view. Probably won't have any charges now, or a legit payday.
Link Posted: 6/12/2019 3:01:04 PM EDT
[#4]
I have zero issue with this particular knockout. None.
Link Posted: 6/12/2019 3:08:53 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I ain't saying it's alright, I'm just saying, I understand.
View Quote
And just to reiterate for people, I think that's sort of the position the criminal law side took as well:

"Cpl. Michael Oestmann reached a plea deal last week with the Denver District Attorney's Office that will allow him to wipe his guilty plea to a misdemeanor menacing charge from his record in a year if he follows court orders. He will serve no jail time. "
Link Posted: 6/12/2019 3:10:28 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

The perps shirt can be used as a makeshift one.
View Quote
In the world of the sensitive, gays, pedos, females, you think pulling someone’s shirt up over their head can’t be spun?

Headline: Caught on camera  Cop disrobes young blond...
Cop: I thought she was going to spit.
Link Posted: 6/12/2019 3:10:49 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote
I don't think you understand what some are saying.

Do I agree with what the cop did? The perp needs the shit kicked out of him, but the cop Still fucked up.
Perp was restrained. Bag over head, or backing up, or turning his chair around would have been more reasonable.

It looks bad that someone in authority loses his temper to this degree. He really shouldn't be in LE. What happens next time he's "angered"? Will he kill someone? Cause a woman to have a miscarriage?
The cop literally played right into this scumbags plan.
Link Posted: 6/12/2019 3:13:36 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Good spit.

At least, from his point of view. Probably won't have any charges now, or a legit payday.
View Quote
yep, this scumbag knew exactly what he was doing.
Link Posted: 6/12/2019 3:16:48 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

What if your partner had that happen to him and he lost his temper and nailed the puke artist with a left hook...…..would you have wrote him up?
View Quote
You see I work not only transport drunks, drug addicts, but also. Mothers, fathers, sons, daughter, grandparents ect.....

Some of those good people would act the same way as the drunks and drug addicts because of their medical condition.

If this firefighter would treat drunks and drug addicts like above would he do it to everyone that did the samething would he do worse.

What if it were the same firefighter and you knew that this same firefighter was transporting your parent, wife, grandparent ect.....would you trust him with them.

Knowing how he's treated patients. So you tell me. What would you do if you felt you worked with someone that could be a danger to innocient lives.

Your first responsibility is to the people that you work for. If you know of someone that could be a danger to the public. It is your duty to report it.

Believe it or not. Firefighter will look out for one another. Up to the point you become a danger to the public.

So to answer your question. You damn right I'd report a firefighter I saw abusing a patient in anyway. We don't do that. It would go into my report.

Plus I'm not going to jail or losing my job for any idiot.
Link Posted: 6/12/2019 3:19:04 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
So if a cop spits on me, am I free to knock him out?

If a cop can stop, detain, harass or otherwise come after me for calling him a name, which some here would be fine with, does the cop get reprimanded, fined or otherwise in trouble for calling me the same names during interactions?

See a problem? I do, because I know the answer.

Guy is handcuffed and not a threat.  What if the cop accidentally killed the guy?  Would it be a good kill and we’ll deserved?
View Quote
If a cop spat on you I'd be fine with you knocking him out. Also, if you'll notice in the video the cop did nothing when the guy called him names, to the cop's credit. The cop didn't get physical until the asshole got physical.
Link Posted: 6/12/2019 3:23:10 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Lol GD is so weird and hypocritical.

Screams all day about a tyrannical gov, then begs to go back to the days where government agents could beat the ever living shit out of you if you disrespect their ultimate state sponsored authority or said something to them other than yes and no sir.  
View Quote
Haha, yup.
Back in the fun days, if you wanted to fight for your life, you could try stepping on a troopers spit shined boot or knock his hat off.
Link Posted: 6/12/2019 3:25:22 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I worked in a city where the popo were hammering people so bad we (FD) tried to make it hard on them. It really was out of line and I saw plenty of people beat down that fully deserved it. And I mean plenty with supervisors involved. What happened to this city was they ended up with the state and FBI up their asses and people going to jail.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't know...I think time spent sitting behind a desk as punishment for giving this punk ass bitch something his dad failed to give him 20 years ago is time very well spent. If every cop did this they couldn't possibly fire or bench them all, and it might be the best thing to happen in America since The Jackson 5.
I worked in a city where the popo were hammering people so bad we (FD) tried to make it hard on them. It really was out of line and I saw plenty of people beat down that fully deserved it. And I mean plenty with supervisors involved. What happened to this city was they ended up with the state and FBI up their asses and people going to jail.
Yeah, this is why we can't have nice things i guess.
Link Posted: 6/12/2019 3:26:25 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Your an with that comment. My dad did not whip me and my brother growing up. He beat us.

They'd put his sorry ass in jail today. He'd catch us coming out of the bath tub naked and wet.

He'd use a switch off a tree. Use your imagination what that'd do to naked wet skin.

We don't talk now.

Officer should not have struck handcuffed man. Charge him with assault, put a bag over his head. As an officer you are expected to have restraint.

Plus I'm positive this will not be the last time he's spit on in his career. Is he going to beat everyone that spits on him.

Wanting to do something and actually doing it are two different things. But having enough restraint to do your job within the law is what you are hired to do.

Sometimes it's extremely hard to do.

But when your jobs on the line you better learn you do it. This officer is on the radar now. They will be watching him.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
no excuse for the cops' behavior.  He should be suspended no pay as an example
No excuse at all.....

In this thread, we find out whose parents spanked them and whose parents gave them a firm talking to.
Your an with that comment. My dad did not whip me and my brother growing up. He beat us.

They'd put his sorry ass in jail today. He'd catch us coming out of the bath tub naked and wet.

He'd use a switch off a tree. Use your imagination what that'd do to naked wet skin.

We don't talk now.

Officer should not have struck handcuffed man. Charge him with assault, put a bag over his head. As an officer you are expected to have restraint.

Plus I'm positive this will not be the last time he's spit on in his career. Is he going to beat everyone that spits on him.

Wanting to do something and actually doing it are two different things. But having enough restraint to do your job within the law is what you are hired to do.

But when your jobs on the line you better learn you do it. This officer is on the radar now. They will be watching him.
Trigger easily?   I said spanked, not beaten.   Sorry your Dad was a piece of ....
Link Posted: 6/12/2019 3:27:24 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I completely understand the cops position.

He should never be a cop again.

Txl
View Quote
Link Posted: 6/12/2019 3:29:06 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Lol GD is so weird and hypocritical.

Screams all day about a tyrannical gov, then begs to go back to the days where government agents could beat the ever living shit out of you if you disrespect their ultimate state sponsored authority or said something to them other than yes and no sir.  
Come on guys, this is page 6 for crying out loud. I would expect this on page 2, or maybe even page 3, but this is PAGE 6! Okay, I'll do it...here we go again...no one likes it when the cops beat someone over words or attitude, and this cop in question put up with all kinds of insults in the most professional manner possible, but when the asshole in the chair made it a physical altercation by physically assaulting the cop the cop was justified in responding physically, which he did, which we're all happy about. This wasn't about bowing down or picking up that can, it was about a physical assault.
Link Posted: 6/12/2019 3:30:34 PM EDT
[#16]
Needs more ......

Or this for the really bad spitters.
Link Posted: 6/12/2019 3:33:12 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 6/12/2019 3:42:34 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

If a cop spat on you I'd be fine with you knocking him out. Also, if you'll notice in the video the cop did nothing when the guy called him names, to the cop's credit. The cop didn't get physical until the asshole got physical.
View Quote
If the cop just punched him once it was ok or just against the metal locker once, but this looks like attempted murder, more like curb stomping a guy in cuffs. Cop slammed the guys head into the brick/concrete wall first with all his weight effectively knocking him out, then the guy's lifeless head was slammed against the metal lockers as hard as possible.

I don't blame the cop for losing his temper, but attempted murder is not ok.

The video also looks like the shitbird wanted to trigger the cop. He wanted a payday, and the police officer gave him just that.
Link Posted: 6/12/2019 3:56:54 PM EDT
[#19]
Or as an alternative:    suddenly the camera has a malfunction and stops recording.

"Ok, I'll take the cuffs off, and we can work this out.  Stand up, and turn around so I can uncuff you."

Guy stands up, and turns around.

BAM!!! leg sweep forward onto his face on the ground whit him still cuffed.  Face meets ground rather hard.

camera resumes recording just in time to hear the officer say:

"Oh, jeez, you tripped while trying to run away, stay down and I'll get medical assistance for you."

Hey, I'm as entitled as anyone else to fantasize my happy ending for both participants in this interaction.

While in certainly understand why the cop did that, I agree with a previous posting where they said we just can't have cops knocking out handcuffed prisoners.  A better preventative measure would have been for the cop to have a bag available and just put a heavy black bag over the arrestee's head...he can't spit, or see, but he can breathe, or even puke on his own chest if he wants.  Hobbles while bagged and cuffed might help too.   Safety for everyone.
Link Posted: 6/12/2019 4:04:39 PM EDT
[#20]
LEO are funny
Link Posted: 6/12/2019 4:09:19 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Come on guys, this is page 6 for crying out loud. I would expect this on page 2, or maybe even page 3, but this is PAGE 6!
View Quote
Dude, I just woke up, I work nights. Don’t beat me please.
Link Posted: 6/12/2019 4:11:02 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Is spitting on someone considered "assault"?
View Quote
It's a misdemeanor in some states. In the right circumstances (bloodborne disease and an aggressive prosecutor), it's a felony.
Link Posted: 6/12/2019 4:12:30 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 6/12/2019 4:22:09 PM EDT
[#24]
Face inkie. Not enuf slidelock.
Link Posted: 6/12/2019 4:35:22 PM EDT
[#25]
Cop will probably lose him job over this.
That said, the punk got what he had coming to him.
Link Posted: 6/12/2019 4:35:43 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Trigger easily?   I said spanked, not beaten.   Sorry your Dad was a piece of ....
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
no excuse for the cops' behavior.  He should be suspended no pay as an example
No excuse at all.....

In this thread, we find out whose parents spanked them and whose parents gave them a firm talking to.

We don't talk now.

What took you so long. Yeah I could have handled it differently. See my point.

Just because you can, does not mean you should. The officer did not set a good example of what being a LEO is.

Plus again he will be spit on again and much worse in his career. If he looses his temper this easily. He has problems. His buddies at work will tell him the same thing I'm sure.

When I get spit on do I brush it off. I have to. Does it piss me off . Yeh sometimes more than others. It does not happen often. But when it does. I just don't look the other way. I call the pos out for it.. LOL like it does any good.

But saying he must have came out his mothers ass does make me feel better some how. Especially when I see the look on his face. Then he says leave muh momma out this. Oh your momma that sh$# you out you nasty F shut up.

Plus I'm not as gentle with them either. For some reason it took me five tries using a 16 gauge cath to get an IV on one guy that spit on me. Could've used a 14 gauge, he'd really cried then.

He was crying before it was over. 16 gauge needle ain't nothing to laugh at. But he settled right down.

When I told him if he pulls that cath out I'll have to stick him again. Even high he knew what that meant.

Yes I put in my report I used a 16 gauge cath. No one said anything when I mentioned he spit on me.

Yes I've had patients I did not want to transport. Even though they were handcuffed. But deputy did not want to transport him either lol. So we took him. Deputy was afraid he'd throw up.

But this one bastard was crazy. He had those crazy eyes this guy was sitting in my unit staring at me and looking around to see what he could kill me with.

I could see he was trying to work out of his handcuffs. So I put him in the chair with his arms over the back and spun it around so I could watch his wrists.

Plus have him stare at the wall and not look around the unit. I took out a big 6 cell maglite to beat him over the head with if he got loose. Oh yeah I carried a stun gun also in my bag.

Went into a store once to get a drink. Got into the rescue. As we were about to drive out of parking lot. I looking into the rear view camera.

There was an idiot sitting on my bumper. Got out and he said he was hurting and needed something for pain. After an hour we talked him into letting us transport him to hospital.

We could have called SO and probably had him baker acted. But man I watched him on the way to hospital. These people can change in a heart beat.

Long story short it's just a thing and your job is to handle these different types of people. Some good some bad.

If you can't handle the bad without taking it personally like this officer did. You don't need to be in this line of work.

Oh yeah once we put people on my rescue we pat them down for weapons and valuables to put into a bag. Both of us are in the back when we do this for safety reasons.

Because you will be hit, spit on, puked on, even LEOs get puked on, seen lol. They didn't cold cock the person.

Shit happens guys. If you lose it every time it does. Quit you are not cut out for this kind of work.

If I were a LEO I'd buy a package of those dust mask from home depot or were ever. If I even suspected someone would spit mask would go on.

The only time I really have problem is when it's child or elderly abuse. I've had the captain pull me aside and tell me to tone it down. Those are the people I could really loose it over. Real easily I could myself mashing their faces in.

But punching out a handcuff suspect for spit on you. Get over it, you are thin skinned and don't belong in this line of work as a first responder.

All you have to do is remember. It's not personal so don't take it that way. It's part of your job and as sure as the sun comes up each day. It's going to happen. So don't get all bent out of shape when it does.

Because some first responders won't just stop at spitting. Because once they figure out that they can get away with that.

They will start doing other things also. I say first responders because this happens to all first responders. They've all done this. Just not LEOs

Which in FRS you want to get fired. Get caught abusing a patient. Any patient, ass or not. I don't care what they do to you. You don't get probation.

I'll be honest we have wanted to. Have had to turn people over to someone else to keep from hurting them. Because you do not want to cross that line of doing you job and becoming like them.

But it seems more prevalent in the LE community as far as losing their temper goes.

Some folks are just like that and I've meet a few and I promise you. LEOs know who those officers are that they work with.

But if they turn on fellow officers it creates an unhealthy work environment for them. Which is wrong.

Which is exactly why LE has the reputation they have. Because they can't get rid of these bad apples. Policies need to change along with that B.S. police unions that covers even for officers that have broken the law.

Now LEOs have a tough job. Their job is extremely  hazardous. They encounter some very dangerous people. That would as soon kill them as look at them.

So my hat off to you guys. If any of you were ever hurt I'd do anything to get to you and save. I don't care what scarifice I had to make. I mean that.

There's bad LEOs, Firefighters and EMS personel they slip though. But unfortunately those bad ones make us all look bad.
Link Posted: 6/12/2019 5:25:01 PM EDT
[#27]
Keep you spit to yourself.

He could have smashed his head wide open with one of those pony kegs and I would have voted not guilty.

Disgusting inky trash being disgusting inky trash.
Link Posted: 6/12/2019 5:33:19 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View Quote
There is a strong authoritarian streak here.
Link Posted: 6/12/2019 5:47:43 PM EDT
[#29]
Should not have done that. Sign up for the next cultural sensitivity training and use a spit net next time. Get out of my office.
Link Posted: 6/12/2019 5:59:41 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

I can't find what happened at the court hearing.  Clearly the department had rules against this as he was charged with misdemeanor assault (not sure how they could put that at 3rd degree but he's a cop so not surprised) and put on leave
View Quote
Well, my days of not taking you seriously are certainly coming to a middle.

Words have meanings. "Third-degree assault" has a very specific meaning under law in this state, which absolutely applies here. Felony assault requires other factors be present, which were not present here.

Google would have been your friend, but you'd have had to take a break from wishing you were this guy while touching yourself in order to use it.
Link Posted: 6/12/2019 6:19:38 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
And all this can be avoided if people don't spit, can't it?
Link Posted: 6/12/2019 6:25:15 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View Quote
Followed by the no responsibility / everyone else’s fault generation.
Link Posted: 6/12/2019 6:26:03 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
You can't sock handcuffed prisoners? A cop  around here socked some guy who was shit talking him during booking. There are cameras everywhere. The other cops cuffed him and charged him. It ain't 1975
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Why was he charged in the first place
You can't sock handcuffed prisoners? A cop  around here socked some guy who was shit talking him during booking. There are cameras everywhere. The other cops cuffed him and charged him. It ain't 1975
You  mean the good ol days of policing that many long for?

Link Posted: 6/12/2019 6:37:01 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

If the cop just punched him once it was ok or just against the metal locker once, but this looks like attempted murder, more like curb stomping a guy in cuffs. Cop slammed the guys head into the brick/concrete wall first with all his weight effectively knocking him out, then the guy's lifeless head was slammed against the metal lockers as hard as possible.

The video also looks like the shitbird wanted to trigger the cop. He wanted a payday, and the police officer gave him just that.
View Quote
Attempted murder?
Link Posted: 6/12/2019 6:38:21 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
I don’t see the problem. Bodily fluids spread disease.
View Quote
A possible deadly weapon since 1980.
Before that, it was just an excuse for them to punch the shit out of you. Now they can articulate a genuine reason for responding with force.
Link Posted: 6/12/2019 6:45:25 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
spitter got what he deserved.  No sympathy here.
View Quote
Should've got the full penalty plus assaulting an officer.
Link Posted: 6/12/2019 6:50:22 PM EDT
[#37]
Dirty inkie spitting on you, ya...
Link Posted: 6/12/2019 6:50:38 PM EDT
[#38]
Should have shot him. Better place
Link Posted: 6/12/2019 6:53:52 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Attempted murder?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Attempted murder?
I liked "lifeless head" better......
Link Posted: 6/12/2019 7:06:53 PM EDT
[#40]
Good punch.  Promote him.
Link Posted: 6/12/2019 7:08:00 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Textbook “don’t start nothin’, won’t be nothin’.“
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Good knockout, anyone who spits on anyone needs to be beaten.
Textbook “don’t start nothin’, won’t be nothin’.“
+1
Link Posted: 6/12/2019 7:15:25 PM EDT
[#42]
sounds like a fair trade
Link Posted: 6/12/2019 7:21:15 PM EDT
[#43]
I'm good. Your fluids do not belong on other people unless they give you the ok.
Link Posted: 6/12/2019 7:28:02 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
in a pinch, wouldn't a plastic WalMart shopping bag suffice?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

And that, would be assault.  It would deserve additional charges and or additional time in jail.  I’d be ok with spit muzzles....hrmmm do they make those?!
There are spit hoods.  They aren’t always available.
in a pinch, wouldn't a plastic WalMart shopping bag suffice?
I’d be willing to compromise for the sake of public relations.

Give me some 8mil plastic bags constructed of recycled material.  Number them and I’ll sign and account for each one.  After use I’ll promptly place them in a sea turtle proof recycling container for prompt incineration (to allay any biohazard concerns).

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/12/2019 7:42:21 PM EDT
[#45]
The irony wasn't lost on me in the fact that the suspect was originally being detained for an assault in the bar.
Link Posted: 6/12/2019 8:05:35 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Looking a couple of posts up, spitting on someone isn’t assault, its just ‘disrespecting’
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Is spitting on someone considered "assault"?
Looking a couple of posts up, spitting on someone isn’t assault, its just ‘disrespecting’
Here in Orange County Florida that would get you charged with "Battery on a LEO".
Link Posted: 6/12/2019 8:15:12 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
I ain't saying it's alright, I'm just saying, I understand.
View Quote
@WhiteBuffalo - I understood that reference. . . Best Standup Special Ever.
Link Posted: 6/12/2019 8:26:26 PM EDT
[#48]
No one likes a spitter
Link Posted: 6/12/2019 8:30:48 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
I'm good. Your fluids do not belong on other people unless they give you the ok.
View Quote
Oh hold on now.

If you ask every time she might say no.
Link Posted: 6/12/2019 8:48:20 PM EDT
[#50]
Bet that cop couldn't knock that guy out if he was able to defend himself.

Pussy move,but I can see why he did it.

Sadly,taxpayers will once again foot the bill for someone who got picked on in high school.
Page / 7
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top