Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 7
Link Posted: 2/17/2019 10:50:49 AM EDT
[#1]
Just bought it and was downloading it when I came downstairs to make coffee. My wife fell asleep on the couch last night, she claimed I was snoring. As soon as I walked in the kitchen she went upstairs to bed. Now I can't play it until she wakes up because the computer is our bedroom.
Link Posted: 2/17/2019 7:47:48 PM EDT
[#2]
Far Cry New Dawn: Epic Saw Blade Crossbow FOR REAL!
Link Posted: 2/18/2019 7:10:43 AM EDT
[#3]
The wife bought it for me two days ago, i enjoyed Five and am enjoying exploring this one and finding previous locations, pr whats left of them.
Link Posted: 2/18/2019 7:37:35 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The wife bought it for me two days ago, i enjoyed Five and am enjoying exploring this one and finding previous locations, pr whats left of them.
View Quote
Same here. Ran across a few places from Far Cry 5. I kind of like how they did the outposts this time. It's like going into the menu to reset them only now you don't have to break your, dare I say..."immersion".
Link Posted: 2/18/2019 7:53:07 PM EDT
[#5]
Played it at a friend's place over the weekend. I want to like but I despise leveled enemies....your weapons are either OP as shit or the virtual equivalent of a red ryder

Quoted:
It's his schtick, he's posted the same thing in other video game threads to show what a boomer edgelord he is.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
When I was a child, I spoke and thought and reasoned as a child. But when I grew up, I put away childish things.
Why shit in a thread you obviously don't belong in. Go be an adult in the other 100s of threads in GD.
It's his schtick, he's posted the same thing in other video game threads to show what a boomer edgelord he is.
Shit I thought he was actually too old to be a boomer....

But yeah, he posts that stupid fucking verse in every video game thread he can.
Link Posted: 2/18/2019 7:57:56 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Quickly looking at the pictures I see nothing wrong with the first two. The last one, I mean really? Evil christian american patriots? Again I think Ill pass.
View Quote
They're not American patriots at all.  It's an anti-American doomsday cult.  The US flag is just there to be provocative.
Link Posted: 2/18/2019 8:01:38 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
FarCry 2 will always be the best FarCry.
View Quote
Blood Dragon laughs at you
Link Posted: 2/19/2019 12:26:37 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Played it at a friend's place over the weekend. I want to like but I despise leveled enemies....your weapons are either OP as shit or the virtual equivalent of a red ryder

Shit I thought he was actually too old to be a boomer....

But yeah, he posts that stupid fucking verse in every video game thread he can.
View Quote
While I dislike leveled enemies, it will never be a brutal as The Division I can deal with it.

The hunting in New Dawn is cleaned up from Far Cry 5. Game animals are easier to kill and predators are tougher again like in 3 and 4. The predators in 5 were too easy to kill.

I like the weapon "crafting", but dislike the lack of customization.

I miss crafting gear from hides (like 3 and 4), but adding those to the perks thing isnt bad.

Being about too ever increase medkit and ammo capacity is cool though.
Link Posted: 2/19/2019 12:29:43 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Two black women killing a white male in front of what looks like and old baptists church. Agenda much? I think Ill pass.
View Quote
HAHAHAHAHHAHA

The black girls are the BAD GUYS. You're whole mission in life is to rebuild Hope County and kill these evil black girls.

Jesus. Don't make assumptions when you know jack shit.
Link Posted: 2/19/2019 12:31:48 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quickly looking at the pictures I see nothing wrong with the first two. The last one, I mean really? Evil christian american patriots? Again I think Ill pass.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I see you are unfamiliar with the front of Far Cry games.

They generally show the antagonists doing terrible things.

ETA:

All these show the bad guy(s)

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/c/c6/Far_Cry_3_PAL_box_art.jpg

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/6/63/Far_Cry_4_box_art.jpg

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/0/03/Far_Cry_5_boxshot.jpg
If you play the game, yeah, they're evil...until the end, when you find out they were right the whole time and you just blew up the bunkers and killed all the people who would have been tough enough to rebuild humanity after a nuke war, which was the point of the whole cult thing
Link Posted: 2/19/2019 12:31:55 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
How the hell is this EXPANSION not included with the far cry 5 gold edition?? I wont be getting it, fuck em
View All Quotes
Quoted:
How the hell is this EXPANSION not included with the far cry 5 gold edition?? I wont be getting it, fuck em
It's not merely an expansion. Tons of new missions, new RPG elements etc. It's a lot more than any expansion you would get with the exception of something like Blood and Wine which guess what- cost money too.

Far Cry 5 was a complete game. This should not, and could not have been included realistically. This is a whole game by itself, granted not as big as 5. But also $39.
Link Posted: 2/19/2019 12:34:51 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

When I was a child, I spoke and thought and reasoned as a child. But when I grew up, I put away childish things.
View Quote
Like shit posting on an internet message board?
Link Posted: 2/19/2019 12:36:54 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Fuck FarCry and here is why.

They have ZERO EXCUSE as to why their vehicle handling should be so bad.

It doesnt have to be racing or flight simulator good but those stupid cock gobbling coders must actually put effort into fucking up basic vehicle controls.

Look at EVERY Battlefield game that has come out since 1942.  You are telling me that none of these programers for FarCry have not played BF2 and thought to themselves that maybe they should improve vehicle handling?

Fuck their shitty assed games and their rebadged FarCry that became GhostRecon Wildlands.

Hurrrrrdurrrr we put guns on a chopper that flys so fucking bad that it is better off if you fly ahead and jump out to shoot while on foot.

Window licking retards.   That is before you get to the shit story that you cannot skip of you get bored to death of it.  FarCry 3 I believe it was with the author that hated anyone critical of his shit storyline.

BF2 was the peak of gaming for me.   The flying I got to do in that game, and to a lesser extent BF3 and BF4, actually was close enough to real RC flying that it honed skills I later use today flying FPV racing drones.  A flight model that was actually useful for something.   Same with the ground vehicles for the BF series and physics/controls that felt natural.

Plenty of other games have hit on this combo as well.   But not Ubisuck.
View Quote
Man you are one of the most negative people I've ever interacted with
Link Posted: 2/19/2019 12:38:51 PM EDT
[#14]
I've been playing it this weekend.

It is definitely enough to be its own game, not just a dlc reskin.

$40 is a very fair price.
Link Posted: 2/19/2019 12:40:19 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote
Link Posted: 2/19/2019 12:41:05 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It doesnt have to be racing or flight simulator good but those stupid cock gobbling coders must actually put effort into fucking up basic vehicle controls.

Look at EVERY Battlefield game that has come out since 1942.  You are telling me that none of these programers for FarCry have not played BF2 and thought to themselves that maybe they should improve vehicle handling?

Fuck their shitty assed games and their rebadged FarCry that became GhostRecon Wildlands.

Hurrrrrdurrrr we put guns on a chopper that flys so fucking bad that it is better off if you fly ahead and jump out to shoot while on foot.

Window licking retards.   That is before you get to the shit story that you cannot skip of you get bored to death of it.  FarCry 3 I believe it was with the author that hated anyone critical of his shit storyline.

BF2 was the peak of gaming for me.   The flying I got to do in that game, and to a lesser extent BF3 and BF4, actually was close enough to real RC flying that it honed skills I later use today flying FPV racing drones.  A flight model that was actually useful for something.   Same with the ground vehicles for the BF series and physics/controls that felt natural.

The vehicle handling actually feels better in this game than even 5... for some reason.

Most the other games, I'd either avoid vehicles or just use autodrive.

I actually enjoy just driving around in New Dawn... especially with the unicorn scooter.

Your companions really give it their all with the mounted M2.
Link Posted: 2/19/2019 12:42:27 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

The vehicle handling actually feels better in this game than even 5... for some reason.

I actually enjoy just driving around in New Dawn... especially with the unicorn scooter.

View Quote
Dog is best companion.  I hate looking for stuff
Link Posted: 2/19/2019 12:42:41 PM EDT
[#18]
Assassins Creed has way more SJW bullshit. I always wait until they are on mega sale with Gold.
Link Posted: 2/19/2019 12:42:42 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Fuck. This thread is a dumpster fire.
So has anyone played it yet, or are we just gonna circle jerk about the price and cover art?
View Quote
Yes, I've played it for 2-3 hours.

It's different.

It's got some RPG elements in it, to include weapon levels and damage markers. Gathering stuff to upgrade weapons is pretty easy, not too grindy. Enemies are bullet spongier, but that's kind of to be expected with RPGs. There's a cool new feature to reset outposts and get more fuel for your homebase (which allows you to upgrade it).
The Dep from Far Cry 5 makes a reappearance...in a very unexpected way. The dog companion is a fucking killer.

Landscape is weird and beautiful.

So far it's easily worth the $39.
Link Posted: 2/19/2019 12:43:24 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
New Dawn has knife kill takedowns. I missed those.
View Quote
Yeah the new knife take downs are BRUTAL.
Link Posted: 2/19/2019 12:48:03 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah I mean the vic handling has always been not great. Oh well, the rest of the game is awesome. Ballistics in 5 and ND are cool too.
Link Posted: 2/19/2019 12:48:08 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I like the first girl the best. She way overreacts to everything, I'm laughing half the time we are fighting. She's 135% ALL the time.

"BWAAAAAAH"
Link Posted: 2/19/2019 12:48:24 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Agreed, but I'm going to give Judge a shot too since he doesn't talk
Link Posted: 2/19/2019 12:52:08 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View Quote
you have to wonder what a guy's thought process is.  it makes sense for people to get worked up enough to post in religion threads, either pro or con.  ditto politics.

but what person sits there scrolling through GD and thinks to himself "another damn vidya game thread.  time to virtue signal"?
Link Posted: 2/19/2019 12:52:36 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

What is this Unicorn Trike you speak of?
Link Posted: 2/19/2019 12:54:14 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
but what person sits there scrolling through GD and thinks to himself "another damn vidya game thread.  time to virtue signal"?
View Quote

Link Posted: 2/19/2019 12:56:40 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's a tier 3 vehicle that came with preorders.
Link Posted: 2/19/2019 1:00:04 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
https://gamepreorders.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/12/unicorn-trike.jpg

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I also made a Twitch account (what kind of faggotry is that anyway?) so I could unlock the spaceforce Vector. I also have the doublebarrel shotgun sin-eater....it reduces the bullet sponginess a LOT

Yeah, that's right. A Spaceforce Vector.

Link Posted: 2/19/2019 1:04:05 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

I also made a Twitch account (what kind of faggotry is that anyway?) so I could unlock the spaceforce Vector. I also have the doublebarrel shotgun sin-eater....it reduces the bullet sponginess a LOT

Yeah, that's right. A Spaceforce Vector.

https://c.na44.visual.force.com/servlet/servlet.ImageServer?id=0150M000003owyWQAQ&oid=00D30000001aepTEAQ
View Quote
This right here. It's truly an equalizer early in the game. Practically cheating

edit.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/19/2019 1:07:21 PM EDT
[#30]
I'm still working through far cry 5, base game.  So far, I am really enjoying it.
Link Posted: 2/19/2019 1:07:26 PM EDT
[#31]
The Mac-10 is more accurate than the MP5.
Link Posted: 2/19/2019 1:10:16 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have he preorder stuff, I'm going to have to see if it's there.
Link Posted: 2/19/2019 1:11:23 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View Quote
Yeah, but I still wave the Mac-10 around like a retard because it's fun just spraying bullets everywhere.
Link Posted: 2/19/2019 1:20:23 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Yeah, but I still wave the Mac-10 around like a retard because it's fun just spraying bullets everywhere.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Link Posted: 2/19/2019 1:21:08 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah. Make sure you entered your digital code for the trike. That should unlock it at any of the vehicle stations.
Link Posted: 2/19/2019 1:29:06 PM EDT
[#36]
Nothing better at close range.

So far Nana is my favorite partner..... we're about the same age.
Link Posted: 2/19/2019 1:55:08 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View Quote
She's an awesome partner. I usually use Carmina since she's a decent all around companion. But, like said above, she's over the top with her battle cries.
Link Posted: 2/19/2019 2:03:04 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
She's an awesome partner. I usually use Carmina since she's a decent all around companion. But, like said above, she's over the top with her battle cries.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

THAT ANIMAL'S GONE CRAZY!!!!! BWAAAAAAAAH!!!
Link Posted: 2/19/2019 2:05:18 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View Quote
Its less than 23gigs....
Link Posted: 2/19/2019 2:08:14 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Its less than 23gigs....
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Its less than 23gigs....

Wolfenstein 3D is less than one and a half MBs.

I don't judge games by how much of my harddrive they take up.
Link Posted: 2/19/2019 2:09:00 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Its less than 23gigs....
View Quote
They all can't be FO76
Link Posted: 2/19/2019 2:09:35 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Its less than 23gigs....
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Its less than 23gigs....
I also fail to see the connection.
Link Posted: 2/19/2019 2:10:09 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
They all can't be FO76
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Its less than 23gigs....
They all can't be FO76

I kinda like FO76.

But New Dawn is DEFINITELY a better game.
Link Posted: 2/19/2019 2:10:55 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/138374/4XU-762712.gif

I kinda like FO76.

But New Dawn is DEFINITELY a better game.
View Quote
I loves me some FO76, the updates are just rather....large.
Link Posted: 2/19/2019 2:12:00 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Its less than 23gigs....
Biscuit42 wants all the gigs.

"Muh gigs."

"Gig me, daddy."

"I'll give you 20 more dollars for 20 more gigs."

Link Posted: 2/19/2019 2:14:39 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

"Muh gigs."

"Gig me, daddy."

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Its less than 23gigs....

"Muh gigs."

"Gig me, daddy."

I have lots of great newish games in the same ballpark that were $60 new.

Gigs=/= good game, but we all know that.

So far everyone that bought this has said it's worth the money. People that haven't bought it are saying it's not a full game, SJW, etc.

As usual.
Link Posted: 2/19/2019 3:27:14 PM EDT
[#47]
Totally forgot it had come out decided to go for it for 40 bucks.  Played a bunch over the weekend, really enjoyed it.  (But I always enjoy the Far Cry series.)

Very impressed how well they redid the playable area of the map to make it post apocalyptic.  There's a YouTube video with a side by side comparison, it's very good, right down the power lines.

The gameplay changes are different, the enemy and mission levels and base building elements.  I am an explorer that likes to do all of the treasure maps and silence headshot entire outposts so resources aren't a problem.

The uparmored enemies are a pain in the ass, just like FC4 heavies.  The saw launcher does seem to be an equalizer in that area, and as someone else mentioned the MG42 is unlockable- if it's anything like the FC4 Buzzsaw it's completely OP and an everything-wrecking easy button.  I'll avoid it even though it's annoying to have to put 6 shots in someone's head after you shoot off their...motocross helmet.

I love headshotting with the pistol, though.  For scrub-tier assholes it's rewarding to see a big yellow 200 or 400 pop up when you one-shot them in the melon.  From an ATV.  As you drive by at 30 mph.  
Link Posted: 2/19/2019 4:36:59 PM EDT
[#48]
I broke down and bought the attack helicopter.  I love flying around the map shooting random stuff.
Link Posted: 2/20/2019 3:32:08 AM EDT
[#49]
AP ammo really helps with the bike helmets, especially later in the game.  Since the ammo capacity for both ammo types is the same, I've just been using AP all the time with my sniper rifle and MG42.
Link Posted: 2/20/2019 8:32:58 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Yeah. Make sure you entered your digital code for the trike. That should unlock it at any of the vehicle stations.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I made a mistake, I don't have the preorder bonuses. I have the Hurk stuff.

On a related note I just discovered the short double barreled shotgun; the name eludes me but it's the same as the on in FC 5 but it's gold and part of the Hurk package. It's so much fun shooting guys in the face with it.

I also use Carmina a lot, I like her battle crys. "NICE SHOT!!!", "I'LL FUCKING END YOU!"
Page / 7
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top