Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 7
Link Posted: 2/20/2019 12:35:23 PM EDT
[#1]
Fun fact for those who are still convinced this is a SJW fest.

When you go in to take out an outpost the badguys are always listening to some godawful ghetto rap.

After you kill them all and the good guys take over they put on oldies, like the Beach Boys.
Link Posted: 2/20/2019 12:39:12 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

When you go in to take out an outpost the badguys are always listening to some godawful ghetto rap.

After you kill them all and the good guys take over they put on oldies, like the Beach Boys.
View Quote
I wish I could turn off the music in cars by default.  The first thing I have to do when getting in any car is kill the music.
Link Posted: 2/20/2019 12:42:01 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I wish I could turn off the music in cars by default.  The first thing I have to do when getting in any car is kill the music.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Just use ATV's and bikes?
Link Posted: 2/20/2019 12:42:49 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I made a mistake, I don't have the preorder bonuses. I have the Hurk stuff.

On a related note I just discovered the short double barreled shotgun; the name eludes me but it's the same as the on in FC 5 but it's gold and part of the Hurk package. It's so much fun shooting guys in the face with it.

I also use Carmina a lot, I like her battle crys. "NICE SHOT!!!", "I'LL FUCKING END YOU!"
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Fuck FarCry and here is why.

They have ZERO EXCUSE as to why their vehicle handling should be so bad.

It doesnt have to be racing or flight simulator good but those stupid cock gobbling coders must actually put effort into fucking up basic vehicle controls.

Look at EVERY Battlefield game that has come out since 1942.  You are telling me that none of these programers for FarCry have not played BF2 and thought to themselves that maybe they should improve vehicle handling?

Fuck their shitty assed games and their rebadged FarCry that became GhostRecon Wildlands.

Hurrrrrdurrrr we put guns on a chopper that flys so fucking bad that it is better off if you fly ahead and jump out to shoot while on foot.

Window licking retards.   That is before you get to the shit story that you cannot skip of you get bored to death of it.  FarCry 3 I believe it was with the author that hated anyone critical of his shit storyline.

BF2 was the peak of gaming for me.   The flying I got to do in that game, and to a lesser extent BF3 and BF4, actually was close enough to real RC flying that it honed skills I later use today flying FPV racing drones.  A flight model that was actually useful for something.   Same with the ground vehicles for the BF series and physics/controls that felt natural.

Plenty of other games have hit on this combo as well.   But not Ubisuck.
Man you are one of the most negative people I've ever interacted with
The vehicle handling actually feels better in this game than even 5... for some reason.

Most the other games, I'd either avoid vehicles or just use autodrive.

I actually enjoy just driving around in New Dawn... especially with the unicorn scooter.

Your companions really give it their all with the mounted M2.
What is this Unicorn Trike you speak of?
https://gamepreorders.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/12/unicorn-trike.jpg

It's a tier 3 vehicle that came with preorders.
I have he preorder stuff, I'm going to have to see if it's there.
Yeah. Make sure you entered your digital code for the trike. That should unlock it at any of the vehicle stations.
I made a mistake, I don't have the preorder bonuses. I have the Hurk stuff.

On a related note I just discovered the short double barreled shotgun; the name eludes me but it's the same as the on in FC 5 but it's gold and part of the Hurk package. It's so much fun shooting guys in the face with it.

I also use Carmina a lot, I like her battle crys. "NICE SHOT!!!", "I'LL FUCKING END YOU!"

BWAAAAAAAAH!
Link Posted: 2/20/2019 12:44:34 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah same. It's terrible
Link Posted: 2/20/2019 12:48:09 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote
To be honest I sort of gave up on them and just unlocked the crappy first tier helicopter because it has no music.  I just fly everywhere, bail out and then go get another one .
Link Posted: 2/20/2019 12:54:22 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
To be honest I sort of gave up on them and just unlocked the crappy first tier helicopter because it has no music.  I just fly everywhere, bail out and then go get another one .  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

BUT THAT RUINS THE IMMERSION.

Link Posted: 2/20/2019 1:01:57 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

https://i.imgur.com/Ek6jgeF.png?fb
View Quote
Poor people can go land somewhere else.  I have infinity helicopters
Link Posted: 2/20/2019 1:06:13 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://i.imgur.com/Ek6jgeF.png?fb
Link Posted: 2/20/2019 1:08:35 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote
That may be but deep down you know I am right.
Link Posted: 2/20/2019 1:15:56 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote
I don't think so.

Is the driving super ultra mega perfect realistic?  Of course not and not even close.  That's not the point of game and neither is story line really.  FarCry games are a bit like the Just Cause games.  They are meant to be a little mindless fun.

If you want super realistic combat or driving/racing simulators, they exist.  Some of them do it pretty well too.  FarCry isn't and doesn't try to be that though.

It's just meant to be a fun and a bit of a humorous video game to fuck around in.  It has a story sure, it is certainly not the best in the world but it serves the purpose to progress though the game and it creates a goal.

I think you are being a bit too serious about it.
Link Posted: 2/20/2019 1:25:56 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Blood Dragon laughs at you
View Quote
This is the correct opinion. Blood Dragon is amazing and deserves a more fleshed out sequel. ASAP.
Link Posted: 2/20/2019 2:16:30 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I don't think so.

Is the driving super ultra mega perfect realistic?  Of course not and not even close.  That's not the point of game and neither is story line really.  FarCry games are a bit like the Just Cause games.  They are meant to be a little mindless fun.

If you want super realistic combat or driving/racing simulators, they exist.  Some of them do it pretty well too.  FarCry isn't and doesn't try to be that though.

It's just meant to be a fun and a bit of a humorous video game to fuck around in.  It has a story sure, it is certainly not the best in the world but it serves the purpose to progress though the game and it creates a goal.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't think so.

I just did donuts in an old muscle car with a half-asian girl who was firing a 1911 out of the passenger window while screaming "EAT SHIT AND DIE".

What is not realistic about that?

(On a side note... I am very much enjoying my snow day.)

Link Posted: 2/20/2019 2:52:33 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
This is the correct opinion. Blood Dragon is amazing and deserves a more fleshed out sequel. ASAP.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I’ll admit I’ve written Ubisoft several emails since the release of Blood Dragon demanding a sequel. They’ve never responded.
Link Posted: 2/20/2019 2:58:43 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Meh. If you like climbing towers
Link Posted: 2/20/2019 3:11:58 PM EDT
[#16]
Regarding the “bullet sponge” factor of the ai,
Are enemies really any more spongey than the previous title?

Is everyone hard to kill or just specific bad guys?

I’ve played all going back to the first, there have always been armored/drugged/crazy enemies that are tougher to put down, is this title different?
Link Posted: 2/20/2019 3:16:00 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

I’ve played all going back to the first, there have always been armored/drugged/crazy enemies that are tougher to put down, is this title different?
View Quote
Yeah, it's a little different.

You have "level 1, level 2 level 3, etc." of all enemy types.
Link Posted: 2/20/2019 3:17:11 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The Vic controls aren't great but it's nothing that's such a big deal.
Link Posted: 2/20/2019 3:22:52 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I don't think so.

View Quote
Did you play Ghost Recon Wildlands?

Did you try to use the aircraft to shoot ground targets?

If yes to both, did you find it to be frustratingly useless as to why the fucking aircraft even had guns/rockets?

If no to both then your opinion is not valid to me.

And Wildlands was just the latest idiotic varation of a Farcry reskin and it was the straw that broke the camel's back.

Games that are that fundamentally fucktarded are not even worth finishing for me.   It drags a game down because it is like they deliberately fucked something up in order to force you to play a game the way they see fit/intended.

I already said in other posts that I am not interested in an absolute simulation.   But in this day and age there is no excuse to do it so badly.

Here is this Hind-chopper look alike.   You may have just crashed into a base and spent 15 minutes killing people to steal it.   But now that you have buckled up and are looking to do some aerial carnage you discover that it's flight behavior is lame as fuck and you have nothing but a lipstick on a pig flying taxi.

I am no longer rewarding companies by buying their games for reskins and busted ass faggotry.
Link Posted: 2/20/2019 3:39:15 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View Quote
I disagree.

After Wildlands and the Farcry before it I said "never again."

What you see as not a big deal were game play breaking aspects for me.

Especially when other games can get it correct so easily.
Link Posted: 2/20/2019 4:31:30 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I disagree.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I disagree.

No one is making you play it.

I enjoy it. Your opinion on a game you haven't played isn't going to change my mind.

But most people coming into a thread titled: "Anyone play the FarCry: New Dawn yet?", would probably rather hear from someone who actually has played it.

Just throwing that out there.
Link Posted: 2/20/2019 4:45:36 PM EDT
[#22]
FC5 was enough for me. I beat one of the areas (Faiths) and the thought of doing the same exact thing 3 more times... just no.

The formula is beyond tired at this point. The last one I enjoyed was 3
Link Posted: 2/20/2019 5:24:32 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I disagree.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I disagree.

and this is why I say you're one of the most negative people I've ever met LOL
Link Posted: 2/20/2019 5:43:26 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View Quote
Yes, it's more extreme than 3, 4, or 5, because ALL the enemy types are included in this tiered system.  It's not like the previous games where you had a lot of fodder and an occasional harder class of bad guy in here and there (armored MG gunners, etc).  Here everyone is a spongey depending on their tier; a tier 3 rifleman will take a lot more rounds than a tier 1 rifleman who looks and acts exactly the same.

In FC4 and FC3 the bad guys got a bit harder to kill when you went to the second half of the game world, but in those they added a couple more enemy types, and they also changed the bad guys' appearance, weapons, vehicles, armor, and so on, so it felt like you were fighting something new and you had to use some new tactics.  It's not like that here.
Link Posted: 2/20/2019 5:57:33 PM EDT
[#25]
I'm also not a fan of is the tiered weapon system that stems from the tiered bad guys.  Example: the tier 2 MP5 is far less powerful than the tier 3 MP5SD.  Why?  They are the same fucking gun.  It's annoying; it forces you to keep switching to new guns, because even if you really like how a certain gun feels or looks, it can't keep up with the damage numbers you need anymore.  That sucks balls.

In the other FC games there were guns that were slightly better or worse in different areas, or overall, but you never felt like you were hopelessly outclassed and were being forced to upgrade - even with a garbage gun you picked up off a bad guy in a pinch.  Allowing attachments helped to even things out too.  For example, in Far Cry 3-5 the standard 1911 was a decent weapon from beginning to end.  But here it's a level 1 gun so you have to drop it for something better ASAP.  It forces you down a linear progression - Gun A to Gun B to Gun C, etc.  You do get the option of upgrading guns when you finally max out your facility, but bringing a tier 1 gun up to tier 4 levels is going to require a shitload of resources and therefore a lot of grinding.
Link Posted: 2/20/2019 6:02:18 PM EDT
[#26]
Thanks guys, I just had to fork out $15 for Farcry 5...
Link Posted: 2/20/2019 6:06:52 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View Quote
If you only knew.   There is a lot in this world that is shit.  And Ubisoft helps reaffirm that time and time again with regards to gaming.

there is an Ubisoft game I have been watching and I really hope they dont fuck up.  Butttttttt...

Beyond Good and Evil 2 looks like it has a ton of possibilities.

But after giant lies being thrown out over the years from Noman's Sky to Fallout 76...

I have good reason to be skeptical and cynical as fuck.
Link Posted: 2/20/2019 6:10:48 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
If you only knew.   There is a lot in this world that is shit.  And Ubisoft helps reaffirm that time and time again with regards to gaming.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You're probably right. The world would be a better place if Ubisoft just quit making games.
Link Posted: 2/20/2019 6:12:24 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

You're probably right. The world would be a better place if Ubisoft just quit making games.
View Quote
If I were making that wish I would make it first of EA.    Then if nobody paid attention start chopping heads of other studios.
Link Posted: 2/20/2019 6:13:56 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
I liked FC5 but my concern with this game is that it is simply an extension of FC5 rather than being a completely "new" game. As others have said it looks like a really big DLC or what in ye olden vidya game days would be called an "expansion pack". And considering how lackluster and downright shitty FC5's DLC packs were this game looks like what I would have expected them to make for FC5's season pass stuff.

I'm sure it took a lot of effort to repackage FC5 into New Dawn, but it just doesn't feel like $40 worth to me. I'll probably buy when it hits a deep Steam sale for like 75% off... which on past Far Cry performance will be by the summer.
View Quote
This is the correct answer. Far Cry is a series that is firmly in the wait for Steam sale category to me.
Link Posted: 2/20/2019 6:50:18 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

there is an Ubisoft game I have been watching and I really hope they dont fuck up.  Butttttttt...

But after giant lies being thrown out over the years from Noman's Sky to Fallout 76...

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Skeptical sure, I get it. (No Man's Sky is pretty good these days BTW) but I don't know...not everything has to be perfect. I can accept shortcomings if there's other things that make up for it. I agree the vic controls aren't great. It's by no means game breaking though. The rest of 5 is worth it. The immersion in the absolutely gorgeous landscape, the fun combat, the parachuting, the music (some of the best game music I've ever heard).
It's not perfect, but it's very good and it's certainly not broken.

No offense you just seem to bitch about a lot though, as if you're looking for reasons. I'm the other way- see if I can overlook small imperfections in order to get enjoyment out of things. A lot of times I can, sometimes I can't.

RDR2 is a great example. There was things that simply infuriated me about the gameplay, but that game more than made up for it in a lot of other ways.
Link Posted: 2/20/2019 6:52:26 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
This is the correct answer. Far Cry is a series that is firmly in the wait for Steam sale category to me.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I liked FC5 but my concern with this game is that it is simply an extension of FC5 rather than being a completely "new" game. As others have said it looks like a really big DLC or what in ye olden vidya game days would be called an "expansion pack". And considering how lackluster and downright shitty FC5's DLC packs were this game looks like what I would have expected them to make for FC5's season pass stuff.

I'm sure it took a lot of effort to repackage FC5 into New Dawn, but it just doesn't feel like $40 worth to me. I'll probably buy when it hits a deep Steam sale for like 75% off... which on past Far Cry performance will be by the summer.
Yeah, we'll why would you guys expect a complete and full game when it's $39? Far Cry has always done this- main release then a small game after. The only true expansion I've seen that's as big as this was Blood and Wine and it wasn't free either.
Link Posted: 2/20/2019 7:30:27 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

I disagree.

View Quote
Yet here you are. It's like you enjoy hating things more than you enjoy liking things.
Vehicles are less than 10% of the game. You don't like it? Don't care.

Meanwhile, I will continue to like what you don't like.
Link Posted: 2/20/2019 7:32:14 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Yet here you are. It's like you enjoy hating things more than you enjoy liking things.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I disagree.

I just use the autodrive and lean out the window blasting shit anyway
Link Posted: 2/20/2019 7:33:07 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I disagree.

I hop up on the 50cal and let my AI companion drive

Edit. FarCry got it right in 5 and New Dawn by allowing the companions to drive you to your waypoint. More trigger time? Yes, please.
Link Posted: 2/20/2019 7:42:15 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Edit. FarCry got it right in 5 and New Dawn by allowing the companions to drive you to your waypoint. More trigger time? Yes, please.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I disagree.

Dogs can't drive unfortunately
Link Posted: 2/20/2019 7:52:02 PM EDT
[#37]
Blood Dragon 2 with a kick ass Synthwave soundtrack, maybe some Gunship would kick major ass.  I think i'll skip the next ones until they do that.
Link Posted: 2/20/2019 8:17:35 PM EDT
[#38]
I'll play it. I need something to do since completing RDR2. Plus, I liked Hope County.
Link Posted: 2/20/2019 8:19:10 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Blood Dragon 2 with a kick ass Synthwave soundtrack, maybe some Gunship would kick major ass.  I think i'll skip the next ones until they do that.
View Quote
I'm partial to Peturbator myself but yes, I agree Blood Dragon 2 needs to happen.

I rage quit New Dawn this evening. I was trying to get Grace's saw launcher and was kicking ass just sneaking around. I had Carmina on the water tower and decided to call her to my position. Well, just as I did that and she started heading over all hell broke loose. I made it to the car that had tbe weapon and she fell and was calling for help. So, being the hero I am I ran back to help her before I grabbed the gun and I ended up getting killed. Next time I'm leaving her at home.
Link Posted: 2/20/2019 8:33:33 PM EDT
[#40]
I did the first expedition last night too, pretty cool 10-15 minute mission on a wrecked aircraft carrier.
Link Posted: 2/20/2019 8:34:35 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
I'm partial to Peturbator myself but yes, I agree Blood Dragon 2 needs to happen.

I rage quit New Dawn this evening. I was trying to get Grace's saw launcher and was kicking ass just sneaking around. I had Carmina on the water tower and decided to call her to my position. Well, just as I did that and she started heading over all hell broke loose. I made it to the car that had tbe weapon and she fell and was calling for help. So, being the hero I am I ran back to help her before I grabbed the gun and I ended up getting killed. Next time I'm leaving her at home.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I've never lost Carmina in combat. She's been eaten by a bear more times than I'd like to admit.
Link Posted: 2/20/2019 8:38:49 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
I've never lost Carmina in combat. She's been eaten by a bear more times than I'd like to admit.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I lit the sacred fire or whatever at New Eden and she got caught in the flame and screamed for like 10 minutes. She wouldn't fully die and I couldn't revive her either because she was trapped in the fire lol. 'OH GOD ITS REALLY BAD"
Link Posted: 2/20/2019 9:08:49 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Yeah, we'll why would you guys expect a complete and full game when it's $39? Far Cry has always done this- main release then a small game after. The only true expansion I've seen that's as big as this was Blood and Wine and it wasn't free either.
View Quote
I never said I expected this to be "free" nor did I expect it to be a "full game", my lament was for how terrible FC5's $30 season pass was and how this game feels more like something I would have expected to be included in that $30 season pass. Much like how Blood and Wine was part of the $25 season pass for Witcher 3 (which also included Hearts of Stone for that price as well)... and the much beloved Blood Dragon was only $15 when it came out.

I see this game more like the Half Life 2 expansion packs OpFor and Blue Shift... used the same assets / engine / enemies / weapons / etc. but with a "remix" map and missions and half the price tag of the original game. And while I bought both OpFor and Blue Shift, I waited until they went on sale before I did so because I knew they were going to be "more of the same".

I'll probably wind up buying this game eventually... I just don't think it is worth $40 to me right now. I don't see anything about it that screams "pay full price for this"... but to be honest I buy very very few games nowadays at full retail price, particularly when I know it is going to be on a Steam sale in a few months anyway. Shit look what happened with FC5 itself, it released in spring of last year and was at 50%+ off sales on Steam by black friday. Then look at the new Tomb Raider... it came out then hit 50% off sales after a little more than one month.
Link Posted: 2/20/2019 9:15:19 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Well, Pagan Min was sort of the good guy you were the bad guy.
View Quote
Dude, i don't know what game you played but i was constantly blowing up drugs and shit.
Link Posted: 2/20/2019 9:18:04 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
The farcry games are all excellent. They sunk a full-court shot with fc5.

Don't judge a book by it's cover. Or a farcry game. 5 is likely the most anti-sjw you'll find. Of course they add in some great stereotypes for comedic effect, but like others have said it's all americans fighting tyranny.

Also an Elder Scrolls and fallout fan. Fallout 76 sucks though.
View Quote
Dude they did to FO76 what they did to ESO, sacrificed the best gameplay for online multiplayer which to me wasn't worth it.
Link Posted: 2/20/2019 9:25:38 PM EDT
[#46]
This is the coolest hymn written in the last 50 years.

Far Cry 5: The Hope County Choir - "Keep Your Rifle by Your Side" (Choir Version)
Link Posted: 2/21/2019 12:22:01 AM EDT
[#47]
I loved fc5. I may pick this up in 2 months when it's 40% off.

However, fc2 set in Africa was still the best by far. The gameplay, story, and setting was awesome.

I would love to see an update with new graphics, animals, predators, and HIND helicopter.

Finally, I want a far cry 6 the dark ages.
It would be awesome to have the humor and world building of far cry in the medieval world.

It would be Monty python meets Robin hood meets braveheart.
Link Posted: 2/21/2019 1:41:14 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
This is the coolest hymn written in the last 50 years.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hAbmimbaFHE
View Quote
I love snapping peoples necks as they're singing that at the outposts.

SINGIN OH LORD
Link Posted: 2/21/2019 7:54:55 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
I loved fc5. I may pick this up in 2 months when it's 40% off.

However, fc2 set in Africa was still the best by far. The gameplay, story, and setting was awesome.

I would love to see an update with new graphics, animals, predators, and HIND helicopter.

Finally, I want a far cry 6 the dark ages.
It would be awesome to have the humor and world building of far cry in the medieval world.

It would be Monty python meets Robin hood meets braveheart.
View Quote
Setting for FC2 was the best. If they had been able to include all the features of let's say FC4 (weapons upgrades, Fast travel, guns that didn't degrade and explode in short order) it would have been perfect.

I'd buy a remastered FC2

Edit. A Dark Ages game would be fun. I really enjoyed Primal, but honestly, I did wait until it was $20.
Link Posted: 2/21/2019 8:06:07 AM EDT
[#50]
I enjoyed 4 and 5, I'll probably check it out
Page / 7
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top