Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 1/21/2019 11:55:19 PM EDT
[#1]
T2 was slightly better as was AlienS and I'll go one better and flat out state that The Wrath of Kahn is the best of the Star Trek flicks.
Link Posted: 1/21/2019 11:59:56 PM EDT
[#2]
The scene in T2 when Sarah Conner is field stripping an M-16 in a tank top might be the hottest non-sexual scene in any movie ever.
Link Posted: 1/22/2019 12:03:32 AM EDT
[#3]
Terminator. No question.

Absolutely classic, dark, gritty sci-fi. That first film has such a wonderful feel and atmosphere. It’s like that raw demo tape by an awesome band that sounds so unique.

T2 is the polished studio LP by comparison. It’s an excellent film and the extended version > theatrical version, but it was destined to be a good movie because the first film was such an achievement plus James Cameron.

Gonna watch it tonight when I go to sleep now.
Link Posted: 1/22/2019 12:05:20 AM EDT
[#4]
For some reason, I don't remember liking T1.  T2 was awesome.

Maybe I should watch T1 again just to see if I still don't like it.
Link Posted: 1/22/2019 12:06:11 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I hate you OP. Because I've contemplated this many times. And it's always tough.

But I go with T1. Something about the feel of it. The rawness of everything. It felt like you were in it.

But I love both of them.
View Quote
That’s what I’m talking about. It’s an eerily immersive experience. You feel like you’re watching something that’s real.

T2 is pure fireworks compared to T1, and I love T2.

There is a reason T1 is near the top of the greatest sci-fi films ever made and has 100% on Rotten Tomatoes (they got that one right).
Link Posted: 1/22/2019 12:07:59 AM EDT
[#6]
Get both.
Link Posted: 1/22/2019 12:08:59 AM EDT
[#7]
T1 was good only because of its unique story line. The budget was crap and you could really tell...

T2 was wayyy better. They were able to do what they wish they could have done with T1 now that they had a huge budget. One of the rare times the sequel was better than the original.
Link Posted: 1/22/2019 12:10:28 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 1/22/2019 12:12:48 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 1/22/2019 1:02:59 AM EDT
[#10]
I saw the first four Terminator films in theater.

I recall being really hyped to see T2, and it did not disappoint.

T1, however, is by far my favorite.

I was a Junior in high school, and saw it with my Dad, several weeks after it had been released, and there wasn't an empty seat in the house.
The special effects were cutting-edge. I suspect those that think the effects are "just okay" were too young to have seen T1 in theaters. Everything before T1 was lame, in comparison.
Link Posted: 1/22/2019 1:11:21 AM EDT
[#11]
Both are great films.

I prefer The Terminator over T2 (slightly) because of its dark, apocalyptic atmosphere, and the relentless feeling of the T100, which was groundbreaking at the time. We sort of knew what to expect to a degree in T2.  It's a close call though.

Cameron has made some great films.
Link Posted: 1/22/2019 1:21:36 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

The special effects were cutting-edge. I suspect those that think the effects are "just okay" were too young to have seen T1 in theaters. Everything before T1 was lame, in comparison.
View Quote
Well, Star Wars and the Empire Strikes Back had some pretty good special effects.
Link Posted: 1/22/2019 1:40:32 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
T1 was good only because of its unique story line. The budget was crap and you could really tell...

T2 was wayyy better. They were able to do what they wish they could have done with T1 now that they had a huge budget. One of the rare times the sequel was better than the original.
View Quote
Unique story lines are what make great movies.

Otherwise you end up with Michael Bay.

T2 was great because it capitalized on the vision that made the first movie so groundbreaking.

Anyway, I love them both. Watching T1 right now. Will be falling asleep soon. You all have a great night!
Link Posted: 1/22/2019 6:43:01 AM EDT
[#14]
Last year you could have seen T2 3d in the theater.  It was equally as good as seeing it in the theater when it first came out.  I've seen it many times and still absolutely loved it.
Link Posted: 1/22/2019 7:04:59 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 1/22/2019 7:05:10 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I'll always have a special fond memory of watching T2 in the theater because I got a hand job while watching it.  I was the only one in the theater.
View Quote
So masterbating is getting a handjob?
Link Posted: 1/22/2019 7:17:55 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Anybody vividly remember seeing either of these in the theater?
View Quote
I was blown away by t2

the chase scene with john on the dirt bike & the big rig tow truck will never be outdone Arnold twirling the lever action 1887 Winchester is iconic to the point of insanity.
Link Posted: 1/22/2019 7:52:43 AM EDT
[#18]
Both are great movies

I have to give the nod to T2 though, simply because of the action and special effects.  Oh yea, and MINI GUN!
Link Posted: 1/22/2019 8:40:38 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I was blown away by t2

the chase scene with john on the dirt bike & the big rig tow truck will never be outdone Arnold twirling the lever action 1887 Winchester is iconic to the point of insanity.
View Quote
Yeah, when that big rig drove over the bridge, it was a pretty awesome.

ETA: and you didn't even have to suspend your disbelief while watching it, because it was real.
Link Posted: 1/22/2019 8:47:19 AM EDT
[#20]
T2 was my first date movie with my now-wife. I’d seen it twice in theaters (didn’t tell her) but she wanted to see it, and it’s an awesome movie, so off we went.

So I’m voting T2.
Link Posted: 1/22/2019 10:41:00 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'll always have a special fond memory of watching T2 in the theater because I got a hand job while watching it.  I was the only one in the theater.
Link Posted: 1/22/2019 12:18:55 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Well, Star Wars and the Empire Strikes Back had some pretty good special effects.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

True, and I saw those in theater, also, but no movie I've seen in theater has kept me "riveted" in my seat like T1 did.
In fact, I don't think anyone got out of their seat throughout the entire showing.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top