BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 5
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 12:59:51 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Lose beer guy (already quit drinking 2 months ago), hopefully help psoriasis and have more energy, sleep better. I am a pretty active guy, climb and workout in the winter and canoe, hike, mountain bike in the summer (600+ miles last year on dirt). Realizing that none of that matters if I am not puttin the correct fuel in my body.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
First question...

What is your goal/s?
Lose beer guy (already quit drinking 2 months ago), hopefully help psoriasis and have more energy, sleep better. I am a pretty active guy, climb and workout in the winter and canoe, hike, mountain bike in the summer (600+ miles last year on dirt). Realizing that none of that matters if I am not puttin the correct fuel in my body.
Calories are the fuel, it really doesn't matter which types of fuels your putting into your body, i.e. carbs vs fats vs proteins; granted each has a different function as a calorie in your diet.  And not all calories are equal, some are more valuable from an metabolism and energy standpoint.

Carbs are great for quickly  replenishing the necessary nutrients that muscles need for performance.

A low carb diet, Keto for example, has shown to have a lot of health benefits and positive metabolic outcomes, over the long term.

You can drink and not have a beer gut, the main reason beer contributes to weigh gain, is the non-nutritional calories (empty-calories) that people tend to overconsume in addition to their regular dietary habits.

Calories in > Calories Out == Weight gain.

In a low carb diet, Keto in this instance, Protein is a goal, to limit muscle loss, Fat is optional to keep energy levels up and reduce hunger,  and Carbohydrates are a limit.

You need to self assess and discern if you can make the change to a Keto Style diet, as initially it will be a complete change in dietary habits, which only can be successful if you are acutely aware of what you are consuming, and how much.  There is a significant mindset shift that generally needs to happen.

Other posters have listed a lot of resources regarding Keto, check them out.  A good starting point would be the GD thread I know is floating around here (I havent posted there in probably a year, need find it myself).  Reddit also has a great subreddit /r/keto that is full of a lot of good resources.
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 1:38:32 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Eating a carb heavy Standard American Diet I was very groggy and headache and body ache every morning. Like a very mild hangover just groggy. Waking up was really a bitch. Now I spring from bed energized and ready with hardly any grogginess.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Something not mentioned yet is a keto diet totally eliminates sugar crashes. People's diets are so horrible that they have sugar crashes between meals. On keto there's no sugar to cause a crash or withdrawal.
Eating a carb heavy Standard American Diet I was very groggy and headache and body ache every morning. Like a very mild hangover just groggy. Waking up was really a bitch. Now I spring from bed energized and ready with hardly any grogginess.
Same here.

I can really feel it the next morning when I have an occasional "treat day".

The other thing that keto has done away with is my chronic hand pain. I had a repetitive motion that I had to do early in my career that left me with a lot of lingering hand pain. After working with my hands for even a few minutes they would cramp up and be sore. They don't do that anymore.
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 1:53:30 PM EDT
[#3]
Do yall ever worry about the sodium intake for this keto diet?

I'm fairly young, 26, 6'3" 205lbs, and have had high blood pressure problems for the last few years. Running has kept it in the prehypertension phase lately. Always been curious about levels of sodium and keto together.
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 1:59:37 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

I'm fairly young, 26, 6'3" 205lbs, and have had high blood pressure problems for the last few years. Running has kept it in the prehypertension phase lately. Always been curious about levels of sodium and keto together.
View Quote
Yes, I supplement sodium to make sure I'm getting enough every day. I shoot for 6000mg a day.

I also supplement Magnesium and potassium to make sure I'm getting enough.

ETA:

I was hypertensive and I'm now below the normal line on BP. Been keto almost a year.
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 2:03:20 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote
Yes, because on Keto low blood pressure is common due to low sodium intake as a consequence of elimination of a lot of foods and high water intake.  I actually supplement sodium and other minerals on a regular basis.
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 2:04:17 PM EDT
[#6]
Tell her she did great on that diet!
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 2:08:15 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Nice try!  Well trolled.

NSIS but most people who succeed on keto have tried it the way you describe, and they failed.

Keto changes things, because it helps you keep insulin low.  Kills cravings, reduces fat production.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Good pictures. But I think it's really another fad diet. Losing weight is all about eating right and exercise.
Nice try!  Well trolled.

NSIS but most people who succeed on keto have tried it the way you describe, and they failed.

Keto changes things, because it helps you keep insulin low.  Kills cravings, reduces fat production.
As an insulin dependent diabetic, is this an option? I know cutting out the sugar is good, but I worry about anything that drops the insulin that I'm already taking. I'm at 315 more or less, some of the meds I take make it harder to lose weight. The idea of getting back to my military weight, even if it takes a year or so, sounds REALLY good.

And Free, thank you for your service, and tell your wife I said she looks GOOD.
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 2:13:25 PM EDT
[#8]
Keto? Now she'll never be a power-lifter.

Link Posted: 2/20/2018 2:13:25 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
As an insulin dependent diabetic, is this an option? I know cutting out the sugar is good, but I worry about anything that drops the insulin that I'm already taking. I'm at 315 more or less, some of the meds I take make it harder to lose weight. The idea of getting back to my military weight, even if it takes a year or so, sounds REALLY good.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Good pictures. But I think it's really another fad diet. Losing weight is all about eating right and exercise.
Nice try!  Well trolled.

Entirely anecdotal and I'm on my phone and don't have access to any medical studies or articles right now, but I during my personal look into Keto I routinely ran across individuals self reporting of not requiring insulin medication or monitoring after enacting and establishing a long term low-carb Keto style diet.

Granted, I'm pretty sure that this was Type 2 patients.
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 5:00:26 PM EDT
[#10]
Real ARFCOM KETO thread - https://www.ar15.com/forums/general/Official-Keto-thread-Now-with-roll-call-poll-/5-1872921/

But since we're discussing it I'll post here  - Long-term effects of a ketogenic diet in obese patients

TLDR -
CONCLUSIONS:The present study shows the beneficial effects of a long-term ketogenic diet. It significantly reduced the body weight and body mass index of the patients. Furthermore, it decreased the level of triglycerides, LDL cholesterol and blood glucose, and increased the level of HDL cholesterol. Administering a ketogenic diet for a relatively longer period of time did not produce any significant side effects in the patients. Therefore, the present study confirms that it is safe to use a ketogenic diet for a longer period of time than previously demonstrated.

This is from 2004!  Why does our medical $y$tem hide thi$ kind of information?

THere are some potential negative effects for certain people.  Get a good GP and get checked regularly.
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 5:02:46 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
It's basically meat, fats (butter, oils, etc) and some vegetables (which should primarily be thought of as a fat delivery system and fiber to keep things moving).

Some people swear by their favorite meal planning app but it just adds more hassle imho.

Basically make your favorite meals, use more butter and oil than you usually would, and take the carbs out.

For example, steak, with homemade garlic butter, with asparagus cooked in butter with some cheese on top, and leave off the potato.

Fry bacon, then fry eggs in the bacon grease.

Cook high fat-content burgers, put cheese on them, whatever veggies you like with them, and eat without the bun.

Smoke a brisket without sugar in the rub.

Deviled eggs with no-carb mayo.

Deep fried chicken wings with no breading.

Chili (no beans) with some fat added on top (Cheese / avocado / sour cream / whatever you like)

Etc.

ETA: The mistake most people make with keto is they eat way too much protein and not enough fat. Fat is the key to feeling good on keto.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Been thinking about trying keto. What are you guys using for resources for meal planning?
It's basically meat, fats (butter, oils, etc) and some vegetables (which should primarily be thought of as a fat delivery system and fiber to keep things moving).

Some people swear by their favorite meal planning app but it just adds more hassle imho.

Basically make your favorite meals, use more butter and oil than you usually would, and take the carbs out.

For example, steak, with homemade garlic butter, with asparagus cooked in butter with some cheese on top, and leave off the potato.

Fry bacon, then fry eggs in the bacon grease.

Cook high fat-content burgers, put cheese on them, whatever veggies you like with them, and eat without the bun.

Smoke a brisket without sugar in the rub.

Deviled eggs with no-carb mayo.

Deep fried chicken wings with no breading.

Chili (no beans) with some fat added on top (Cheese / avocado / sour cream / whatever you like)

Etc.

ETA: The mistake most people make with keto is they eat way too much protein and not enough fat. Fat is the key to feeling good on keto.
Didn't we do this 20 years ago and call it Atkins?  What's the difference?
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 5:11:19 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
This is based on 1977 pseudo science.  Lots of people believe it.

Bought and paid for by Big Agri and Big Pharma.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I asked the health coach we have at the office about the keto diet, and she said, "Oh God, don't do it!" and sent me some PDFs on how it's not good for you.

at this point, I think you can find info for an against absolutely everything.  
This is based on 1977 pseudo science.  Lots of people believe it.

Bought and paid for by Big Agri and Big Pharma.
The very same 1977 pseudo science that told us natural fats were bad for us so the food industry replaced them with carbs and hydrogenated oils...
Let's compare the obesity rate from 1977 to today after 40 years of "low fat" diets riddled with carbs... looks like taking the advice of the 1977 science is what fattened this country up.
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 5:30:18 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote
"even if it takes a year or so" -- try not to think in such short terms. It took you YEARS to get where you are, maybe even your entire life.

T2 diabetics can almost completely eliminate their disease by doing the ketogenic diet.

https://www.ruled.me/type-1-diabetes-ketogenic-diet/
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 5:38:05 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 5:44:46 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
If only scientists could figure out a way to keep women’s boobs the same size when they lose weight. It would be a huge stride forward for mankind. Probably a bigger leap then landing on the moon.
View Quote
How do you make 5 lbs of fat look good?

Put a nipple on it
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 6:36:16 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 6:39:34 PM EDT
[#17]
New clothes...the other bonus.
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 9:32:25 PM EDT
[#18]
It's simple. Calorie deficit = weight loss.

The why keto worked form me? Fatty meals are very filling.  No insulin spikes = not always hungry. Fat adapted means fasting is easier.
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 9:51:51 PM EDT
[#19]
People can bash keto all they want. I don't care.  June 1st of last year I started keto. I'm down 63 pounds, off my BP meds, blood test are all good, and overall feel great.

Went back for yearly check up with Dr and she was shocked. Asked me what I was doing. I told her remember the keto diet you told me was horrible for me and didn't work.  Yeah I'm doing that. But at least she admitted that she is definitely going to have to do some new research into it now.
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 10:05:36 PM EDT
[#20]
I'm in,

Day One starting at 245 at 5'10, I would love to see 200-210 again

I don't know how to get more fat in without getting really disgusting.  What percentage of fat is normally necessary to get results?

-Mike
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 3:44:35 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Question:  I am borderline diabetic, and I have occasional low blood sugar episodes where I start to feel jittery and sick.  I drink a cup of juice, and in a few minutes, I'm good.

If keto is super-low carb, how does that play with blood sugar?  What do you do if your blood sugar gets low on keto?
View Quote
I never really worried about it. My first blood analysis after doing keto for about 6 months had my fasting blood glucose at 64. Now it looks like it hovers around 90 to 105.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 7:10:15 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

I was eating primarily rice, vegetables, and chicken every day. You would think that would be healthy, but I never dropped a pound eating that way. I started losing weight almost immediately after starting keto.
View Quote
Chicken as in?

And rice as in?

I know for a fact that if you eat rice, vegetables and yes even a bit of chicken within reasonable amounts you will be fit and healthy.
Then again if you eat 50 pounds of chicken and your rice is floating in 1000 calories of oil, then that's a different story.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 8:30:36 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I'm in,

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/77352/IMG_1115_PNG-458984.png

I don't know how to get more fat in without getting really disgusting.  What percentage of fat is normally necessary to get results?

-Mike
View Quote
Fat is optional.  If you aren't hungry on your current intake, don't add anything.

I look at macros (low carb emphasis) like this.

Protein is the daily goal
Carbs are a hard limit
Fat is to fill the space between, only if it is needed.

Find out what your body needs to maintain your weight, daily, and set a calorie deficit and stick to it.

But to answer your question, cheese that is hard at room temp, is usually high fats/proteins and 0 to little carbs.  Butter, animal fats (hence the Keto preoccupation  with bacon :) ), salmon and other fatty fish, and heavy creams.  Dietary fat won't be disgusting, you just have to change your perception of what dietary fat is...
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 8:43:38 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I'm in,

-Mike
View Quote
Google fat bomb recipes. They're made with either MCT oil or coconut oil.

But don't push yourself to eat fat if you're not hungry.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 8:45:51 AM EDT
[#25]
Another benefit:  I'm down from 240 to 220, halfway to my checkpoint at 200.  I started this on January first.

As of now I'm off my BP meds and I'm staying around 124/80 without even bothering to RELAX for a few minutes before taking it.

When I was prescribed BP meds I was able to read 180/100 or even higher.  

I'm monitoring my pressure every day and there is a very direct correlation between weight and BP for me.

Of course, your mileage may vary,  but dropping to a very healthy weight range can certainly have additional benefits.  How many
prescription drugs will you be able to STOP taking when you drop 50 pounds?

My next appointment with my doctor isn't due for a few more months.  I plan to shock him by walking into his office 40 to 50 pounds
lighter than on the last visit and with normal BP and off meds.   Should be fun.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 8:49:48 AM EDT
[#26]
I'm gonna just throw this out there for all the people considering keto. I did it for well over a year, lost weight, and felt fantastic.

TAKE A FIBER SUPPLEMENT. Your gonna throw off your digestive tract a bit, and I had a terrible case of diverticulitis (I'm early 40's). My gastro guy believes that colon pressure increased due to the low volume of waste being produced while on keto.

Take metamucil (or some other type of low carb bulking fiber) every day, and you'll be happier.

And if anyone wants a recipe for billyjoebob's homemade quest bars, let me know. Better then store bought, and less then $1 each to make. I even started mixing psyllium husk fiber into each of them.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 8:50:03 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'm in,

-Mike

Be careful with MCT and other oils, too much too soon and the only thing you'll be fat bombing is the toilet.

Link Posted: 2/21/2018 9:14:18 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Fat is optional.  If you aren't hungry on your current intake, don't add anything.

Carbs are a hard limit

Find out what your body needs to maintain your weight, daily, and set a calorie deficit and stick to it.

But to answer your question, cheese that is hard at room temp, is usually high fats/proteins and 0 to little carbs.  Butter, animal fats (hence the Keto preoccupation  with bacon :) ), salmon and other fatty fish, and heavy creams.  Dietary fat won't be disgusting, you just have to change your perception of what dietary fat is...
View Quote
I disagree.

Fat is key to a true keto diet. Protein should be somewhat limited. Too high of a protein:fat ratio will stall progress and generally leave people feeling sub-optimal.

If a higher protein modified keto diet works for you that's fine, but dietary fat is an absolute must, not optional.

High protein / low carb / moderate fat is generally not a good way to go about living in keto.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 9:22:54 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Didn't we do this 20 years ago and call it Atkins?  What's the difference?
View Quote
Broadly speaking Atkins lets you eat more carbs after the initial phase than you will with keto, and has a somewhat higher protein:fat ratio.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 9:28:20 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Not exactly.

Fat is key to a true keto diet. Protein should be somewhat limited. Too high of a protein:fat ratio will stall progress and generally leave people feeling sub-optimal.

If higher protein works for you that's fine, but dietary fat is an absolute must, not optional.

High protein / low carb / moderate fat is not a good way to go about living in keto.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Carbs are a hard limit

Not exactly.

If higher protein works for you that's fine, but dietary fat is an absolute must, not optional.

High protein / low carb / moderate fat is not a good way to go about living in keto.
I'd agree for the maintenance portion of a Keto lifestyle, but we are talking about cutting weight, which in most cases is body fat weight.  I'm reading into it, but I'm fairly certain most males aren't interested in dropping body weight in the form of muscle mass, hence the statement that protein is a goal.

It's an oversimplification to get the point across.  Incorporate more fats into your daily intake if you find hunger to be a factor that prevents you from meeting your caloric goals, provides you have the caloric "budget for it.

For myself, I used a very low carb Keto Diet (less than 10 grams net daily) to drop body fat weight to my target while maintaining as much existing muscle mass that I already had.

Now that im at my target weight, I'm doing strength training and incorporating a low carb diet (<50 grams, still technically Keto) to essentially lean bulk muscle mass.

Different goals, but the fundamentals are the same.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 9:57:33 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
I'm gonna just throw this out there for all the people considering keto. I did it for well over a year, lost weight, and felt fantastic.

TAKE A FIBER SUPPLEMENT. Your gonna throw off your digestive tract a bit, and I had a terrible case of diverticulitis (I'm early 40's). My gastro guy believes that colon pressure increased due to the low volume of waste being produced while on keto.

Take metamucil (or some other type of low carb bulking fiber) every day, and you'll be happier.

And if anyone wants a recipe for billyjoebob's homemade quest bars, let me know. Better then store bought, and less then $1 each to make. I even started mixing psyllium husk fiber into each of them.
View Quote
Yeah, I took cymbalta for a couple years for chronic arthritis pain. It helped at first but terrible constipation was a side effect for me. I could only take a dump a couple times a week. It was awful.

It cleared up when I stopped taking it but the damage was done and when I started eating nice delicious salads for my midday meal it caused a diverticulitis flare up that lasted the better part of a year.

Before that happened though I started feeling great again so I knew I could control the arthritis symptoms by changing my diet.

Now I focus a lot on gut health and it's helped a lot. I have settled on a pattern of using psyllium husk with my morning meal of eggs and bacon at work. (At home I usually skip breakfast)

I find it easiest just to gag it down. It's not so bad really. I have an empty drink bottle that I put some water in. I don't fill it all the way.

I add the psyllium, I have a little funnel with a wide stem so it flows quickly. I immediately cap, shake, and drink.

Then I add a little more water and repeat, or simply chase with some water.

The flavored stuff didn't work for me for some reason, I get the plain husks or husk powder. I also have the caps and citrucel caps. Those are great for convenience.

I also ingest probiotics for gut health. I've had absolutely no side effects (like gas and bloating) from them. Gut health is an entirely different but interesting topic that is not incompatible with keto diets. It's kind of important because your typical keto diet doesn't have the resistant starch that is so important. Very very easy to fix though.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 10:33:14 AM EDT
[#32]
Here is a before pic of the wife that is GD compliant
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 11:47:56 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

I disagree.

If a higher protein modified keto diet works for you that's fine, but dietary fat is an absolute must, not optional.

High protein / low carb / moderate fat is generally not a good way to go about living in keto.
View Quote
I agree with other poster.

Protein target, not too much, not too little.
Carbs are a hard limit, don't go over.
Fat up to your calorie limit,but no need to add extra if you aren't hungry.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 11:48:34 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/20856/IMG_2362_PNG-459475.pngHere is a before pic of the wife that is GD compliant
View Quote
Fantastic work (saw you updated the OP with before/after)
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 1:19:11 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Chicken as in?
https://static.independent.co.uk/s3fs-public/styles/article_small/public/thumbnails/image/2018/02/20/09/fried-chicken-recipe-home.jpg
And rice as in?
https://www.thesun.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2017/02/nintchdbpict0003036095651.jpg?strip=all&w=960
I know for a fact that if you eat rice, vegetables and yes even a bit of chicken within reasonable amounts you will be fit and healthy.
Then again if you eat 50 pounds of chicken and your rice is floating in 1000 calories of oil, then that's a different story.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I was eating primarily rice, vegetables, and chicken every day. You would think that would be healthy, but I never dropped a pound eating that way. I started losing weight almost immediately after starting keto.
Chicken as in?
https://static.independent.co.uk/s3fs-public/styles/article_small/public/thumbnails/image/2018/02/20/09/fried-chicken-recipe-home.jpg
And rice as in?
https://www.thesun.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2017/02/nintchdbpict0003036095651.jpg?strip=all&w=960
No. Chicken as in chicken breast, cooked in the crockpot for easy shredding. No oil. Roughly one breast a day, with rice, vegetables, and sometimes diced tomatoes. You seem to know things for fact that aren't true.

I had daily issues with acid reflux that I took omeprozole for. I wasn't losing any weight and I always felt hungry. Now I don't have any of those issues. Tell me again how healthy you know your way of eating is  and how much smarter you are. Just stop.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 3:06:18 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

No. Chicken as in chicken breast, cooked in the crockpot for easy shredding. No oil. Roughly one breast a day, with rice, vegetables, and sometimes diced tomatoes. You seem to know things for fact that aren't true.

I had daily issues with acid reflux that I took omeprozole for. I wasn't losing any weight and I always felt hungry. Now I don't have any of those issues. Tell me again how healthy you know your way of eating is  and how much smarter you are. Just stop.
View Quote
B.S.  
A chicken breast is about 150 calories. You say you ate one of those plus "rice, vegetables, and sometimes diced tomatoes." At around 2000 calories for a slim average size person, give or take you had to eat 1850 calories of vegetables just to complete the 2000 and still be slim/thin.
A bowl of rice is 200 calories. The average vegetarian meal is around 300 calories, so the math is pretty simple: You either ate more than 6 times a day (doubt it) or you're eating something else.
There's a reason why there's no such thing as an overweight vegan, and just eating one chicken breast a day puts you in that ballpark.
So, if you could explain this to me that would be great. Otherwise, I'm calling BS on your "overweight on a plant based diet" and just assume you ate that plus God knows what else, like every other fat person out there.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 3:32:21 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Looks great!
View Quote
Probably cleans up well now.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 3:34:40 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
B.S.  
A chicken breast is about 150 calories. You say you ate one of those plus "rice, vegetables, and sometimes diced tomatoes." At around 2000 calories for a slim average size person, give or take you had to eat 1850 calories of vegetables just to complete the 2000 and still be slim/thin.
A bowl of rice is 200 calories. The average vegetarian meal is around 300 calories, so the math is pretty simple: You either ate more than 6 times a day (doubt it) or you're eating something else.
There's a reason why there's no such thing as an overweight vegan, and just eating one chicken breast a day puts you in that ballpark.
So, if you could explain this to me that would be great. Otherwise, I'm calling BS on your "overweight on a plant based diet" and just assume you ate that plus God knows what else, like every other fat person out there.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

B.S.  
3 meals a day. You go ahead and call bullshit. I don't give a shit if you believe me. I don't need your approval. I'm telling you what works for you didn't work for me. Keto did. If your diet worked for me I would be singing its praises instead.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 3:50:55 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

3 meals a day. You go ahead and call bullshit. I don't give a shit if you believe me. I don't need your approval. I'm telling you what works for you didn't work for me. Keto did. If your diet worked for me I would be singing its praises instead.
View Quote
That's ok. It ain't rocket science though. No one's overweight with 3 meals of plant food a day plus a chicken breast. It's just physically impossible that's all.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 4:00:58 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
That's ok. It ain't rocket science though. No one's overweight with 3 meals of plant food a day plus a chicken breast. It's just physically impossible that's all.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If you say so.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 4:42:04 PM EDT
[#41]
Great job, OP. Keeping the extra weight off in your golden years will do wonders for your back and knees regardless of how many jumps you have and how many 20K ruck marches you've done.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 5:33:10 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
*Snip*
View Quote
Lol! I know a lot of overweight vegans. In fact most of the ones I know are not only overweight but they are sickly as well.

Why don't you just quit clicking on keto threads, nobody wants to hear your opinion and you embarrass yourself.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 5:48:56 PM EDT
[#43]
No room on keto for a craft beer addiction eh?
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 6:10:49 PM EDT
[#44]
Keep that gal close.  She is a keeper for sure!
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 6:27:34 PM EDT
[#45]
good looking woman, that is a huge change in a short time.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 7:07:26 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

I agree with other poster.

Protein target, not too much, not too little.
Carbs are a hard limit, don't go over.
Fat up to your calorie limit,but no need to add extra if you aren't hungry.
View Quote
I agree there should be a protein target, essentially enough to maintain muscle mass if fast fat loss is the immediate goal. Maybe I just misinterpreted what he was saying. I just don't want people new to keto thinking it's a primarily protein diet.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 7:12:54 PM EDT
[#47]
I’ve lost 35 pounds since January 8. I’m off one beetus pill. I plan to lose a certain amount and switch to a maintenance eating. I’m never going “off the diet”.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 7:33:58 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
View Quote
Not while losing weight. If you are at your ideal weight, I don't see much harm in having a few once in a while.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 9:37:03 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Not while losing weight. If you are at your ideal weight, I don't see much harm in having a few once in a while.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
It's actually good to every now and then (2-3 weeks for me) modestly cheat. It triggers something in the body to break plateaus and such. IE one or two beers or a couple slices of pizza.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 10:44:24 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
It's actually good to every now and then (2-3 weeks for me) modestly cheat. It triggers something in the body to break plateaus and such. IE one or two beers or a couple slices of pizza.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
YMMV and all that.
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top