BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 6
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 11:39:06 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Yes.

The Fulcrum A has one of the worst combat records in history of A-A warfare. Although the machine itself is capable WVR, BVR it is hopelessly outclassed by all US fighters equipped with AIM-120. Feet wet or feet dry over friendly territory it has 0% chance of success. Not to mention they have like 6 of them or some shit. I am much more concerned with MiG-21 Viscaps hiding behind mountains sneaking in behind or below somebody.
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 11:40:49 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Yes.

The Fulcrum A has one of the worst combat records in history of A-A warfare. Although the machine itself is capable WVR, BVR it is hopelessly outclassed by all US fighters equipped with AIM-120. Feet wet or feet dry over friendly territory it has 0% chance of success. Not to mention they have like 6 of them or some shit. I am much more concerned with MiG-21 Viscaps hiding behind mountains sneaking in behind or below somebody.
View Quote
We know they aren't going to do much, if any, damage to our air force, but firing missiles at them is going to provoke things to the next level. Who will blink first?
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 11:41:42 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Not in the target speed band, majority wood and fabric, loaded with brainwashed NK commandos? Could be a problem.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Is the NK air force ready for this task?
https://unitedcats.files.wordpress.com/2013/04/korea.jpg
Not in the target speed band, majority wood and fabric, loaded with brainwashed NK commandos? Could be a problem.
Sic a Cobra or Apache on them
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 11:42:02 AM EDT
[#4]
"When I got to see the colonel, it was very simple. He described the shooting down of the EC-121 about a hundred miles at sea. And that he had a message, which he showed me at that time, saying to prepare to strike my target," Charles says.

Charles then rechecked his F-4 fighter jet and the weapon it was carrying. He says it was a B61 nuclear bomb, with a yield of about 330 kilotons — not the biggest bomb in the U.S. nuclear arsenal, but more than 20 times the size of the bomb dropped over Hiroshima.

Then there were several hours of waiting, Charles says, and the order came to stand down.

"The order to stand down was just about dusk, and it was not a certainty. The colonel said, 'It looks like from the messages I'm getting, we will not do this today. I do not know about tomorrow,' " Charles recalls.
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 11:42:46 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Yeah no they won't do shit...

But really do try it faggot!!!!
View Quote
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 11:45:41 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote
That can't be the one the Foreign Minster was referring to.  That's Trump's response to the FM's speech.  Time line = Trump said "something" via verbal or text, North Korea's FM responds with "The US has verbally declared war on us, we reserve the right to douche bag.", then Trump tweets the above.  

What was the verbal or text that started this off?  Did the Norks get all pissy about Trump bitching out the NFL?
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 11:46:38 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
"When I got to see the colonel, it was very simple. He described the shooting down of the EC-121 about a hundred miles at sea. And that he had a message, which he showed me at that time, saying to prepare to strike my target," Charles says.

Charles then rechecked his F-4 fighter jet and the weapon it was carrying. He says it was a B61 nuclear bomb, with a yield of about 330 kilotons — not the biggest bomb in the U.S. nuclear arsenal, but more than 20 times the size of the bomb dropped over Hiroshima.

Then there were several hours of waiting, Charles says, and the order came to stand down.

"The order to stand down was just about dusk, and it was not a certainty. The colonel said, 'It looks like from the messages I'm getting, we will not do this today. I do not know about tomorrow,' " Charles recalls.
View Quote
I have serious doubts about an F-4s ability to escape a 330kt blast...that's a massive bomb. Yikes.
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 11:47:11 AM EDT
[#8]
A few beat ass monkey model 29s?
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 11:47:31 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 11:47:50 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Yes.
They have modern commie block weapons systems.
They only have to be lucky once.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Do they really even have that capability?  Serious question.
Yes.
They have modern commie block weapons systems.
They only have to be lucky once.
This....

The thing is, if they come, I don't think it will be Foot Soldiers marching in, at least not at 1st... 

There will be Nuclear Missiles and other forms of WMDs deployed on us... 

And if that was to happen, While we are trying to recover and survive (and all our 1st responders are doing their thing) I'm sure another cowardly group, often in the news will not hesitate to take advantage and attack in many cites as well..

I doubt it will play out like a Red Dawn movie...

I don't think it ends well for anyone involved... 

Not saying we should cower in fear, but I'd be careful what we wish for...  

I'm not sure what the solution is, we need to be finding out who our allies really are and leveraging them in this...
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 11:48:06 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

That can't be the one the Foreign Minster was referring to.  That's Trump's response to the FM's speech.  Time line = Trump said "something" via verbal or text, North Korea's FM responds with "The US has verbally declared war on us, we reserve the right to douche bag.", then Trump tweets the above.  

What was the verbal or text that started this off?  Did the Norks get all pissy about Trump bitching out the NFL?
View Quote
That's the one:

(CNN)North Korea's Foreign Minister Ri Yong Ho on Monday accused US President Donald Trump of declaring war on his country by tweeting over the weekend that North Korea "won't be around much longer."
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 11:48:10 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote
Started from Trump's UN speech.

Kim put out rare video calling his comments an act of war.

Trump puts out that tweet saying they better not echo Kim in their UN speech.

NK echoes it in UN speech and today.
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 11:48:15 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

We know they aren't going to do much, if any, damage to our air force, but firing missiles at them is going to provoke things to the next level. Who will blink first?
View Quote
I also doubt any of the early gen SAMS NK has can do anything as long as aircrews are minimizing exposure. Unless the Chicoms smuggled in some double digit shit.
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 11:48:58 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote
Trump's UN speech, which was directed against NK and included the rocketman insult.
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 11:49:25 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Is the NK air force ready for this task?
https://unitedcats.files.wordpress.com/2013/04/korea.jpg
Easy to spot those NK commandos - they're all about four feet tall. 
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 11:50:03 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

I doubt they'd have to score a hit to get a serious retaliation. Just launching a SAM at an aircraft in international airspace would be an actual declaration of war, not a tweet about Kimmy being an idiot.
View Quote
Meh, Iraq use to launch misiles at planes patrolling the no fly zone after the first gulf war on a regular basis.  We never retaliated.
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 11:50:33 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

A few beat ass monkey model 29s?
View Quote
Here's their line up.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 11:52:15 AM EDT
[#18]
Most capable threat are the Fulcrums, obviously but they wouldn't last long enough to get their landing gear up. Fishbeds are the threat here, at least air-air. S-A is a whole other ballgame with the massive amount of ADA they can throw up.
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 11:53:50 AM EDT
[#19]
Come at us bro
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 11:54:21 AM EDT
[#20]
Yak-18?  

LOL
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 11:54:47 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Yes.

View Quote
Correct me if I am wrong but the F18 has shot down 2 Mig 21s and has a loss to a Mig 25.

A 2-1 won loss ratio with missiles that have a decent percentage fail to hit their target is not something I would be super pumped to go to war with. I hate to keep beating the same drum but the fact of the matter is that a2a combat with peer nations is a complete unknown. The good news is that so far we have not had to find out the hard way.
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 11:56:01 AM EDT
[#22]
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 11:56:37 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Correct me if I am wrong but the F18 has shot down 2 Mig 21s and has a loss to a Mig 25.

A 2-1 won loss ratio with missiles that have a decent percentage fail to hit their target is not something I would be super pumped to go to war with. I hate to keep beating the same drum but the fact of the matter is that a2a combat with peer nations is a complete unknown. The good news is that so far we have not had to find out the hard way.
View Quote
The Mig-21s were shot with AIM-7s and the Mig-25 had a classic fox in the henhouse and snuck in behind a division of Hornets and got an unobserved rear quarter kill.....

NK is not even close to a peer nation. But, what the fuck do I know?
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 11:58:14 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View Quote
F22 & F35s though as well.

The B1s we do shows of force with usually have quite a few F15s and F35s with them.

I'm sure the F35s will have a healthy bit of data.
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 11:59:16 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Most capable threat are the Fulcrums, obviously but they wouldn't last long enough to get their landing gear up. Fishbeds are the threat here, at least air-air. S-A is a whole other ballgame with the massive amount of ADA they can throw up.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
I wonder if those Q5 Fantan planes are monkey models or equipped similar to Chinese ones......the Pakistanis also fly them.......old Mig 19 derivative
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 12:00:07 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 12:01:23 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

F22 & F35s though as well.

The B1s we do shows of force with usually have quite a few F15s and F35s with them.

I'm sure the F35s will have a healthy bit of data.
View Quote
The Hornet shootdown by the Foxbat had zero to do with the capabilities of the Hornet. AIC did not alert them to the presence of an enemy fighter and their RWR would not register if an IR lock only was on their jet. It was a busy piece of airspace and the Foxbat did a good job getting that shot off. Its not like the division of Hornets knew he was out there and just got beat. AIC sucked and the Foxbat pilot did good, end of story.
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 12:01:33 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 12:02:40 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

The Hornet shootdown by the Foxbat had zero to do with the capabilities of the Hornet. AIC did not alert them to the presence of an enemy fighter and their RWR would not register if an IR lock only was on their jet. It was a busy piece of airspace and the Foxbat did a good job getting that shot off. Its not like the division of Hornets knew he was out there and just got beat. AIC sucked and the Foxbat pilot did good, end of story.
View Quote
Got it.
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 12:02:56 PM EDT
[#30]
The quality of NK air is in its quantity. Not capabilities.
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 12:03:28 PM EDT
[#31]
So Red Dawn part II was a documentary as it turns out.
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 12:03:45 PM EDT
[#32]
I feel sorry for any NK pilots who have to back up Kim's mouth.
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 12:04:40 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 12:05:03 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
View Quote
How dangerous would the KN-06 SAM be to our air force?
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 12:05:15 PM EDT
[#35]
So how will the MSM twist this to say "Trump declares war on NK"..........?
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 12:05:17 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
This....

The thing is, if they come, I don't think it will be Foot Soldiers marching in, at least not at 1st... 

There will be Nuclear Missiles and other forms of WMDs deployed on us... 

And if that was to happen, While we are trying to recover and survive (and all our 1st responders are doing their thing) I'm sure another cowardly group, often in the news will not hesitate to take advantage and attack in many cites as well..

I doubt it will play out like a Red Dawn movie...

I don't think it ends well for anyone involved... 

Not saying we should cower in fear, but I'd be careful what we wish for...  

I'm not sure what the solution is, we need to be finding out who our allies really are and leveraging them in this...
View Quote
The 1300 aircraft they have dose not worry me like the 70+ subs they have. Their sub launch capability has improved greatly over the last few years. They have a better chance of hitting us with short to medium range nuke/chemical weapons from them.
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 12:06:14 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
View Quote
Even then, couldn't an F35 (or a few) just take in data from everywhere and then send that to F18s/F15s?

Isn't tracking a whole bunch of planes and sifting through tons of data the whole point of the plane?
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 12:07:52 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I don't know much about A.D. 

The KN-06 seems like a SA-10 "Grumble" knockoff. (S-300) No idea how good it is, but the SA-10 is some scary shit. Who knows if it's as good as the real deal. 
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 12:08:30 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Why are you posting random people arguing on twitter?
View Quote
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 12:11:00 PM EDT
[#40]
Sure they have a ICBM that can hit Alaska, but I can guaren-damn-tee you they cannot fit a nuke on it yet. The ISP isn't there.

They would be hard pressed to fly that rocket with much of any payload and hit Seoul.
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 12:11:55 PM EDT
[#41]
That dude is one crazy little fat boy.
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 12:12:30 PM EDT
[#42]
quantity has a quality all it's own...

hope they are bullshitting.  I want an oled tv for my office.
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 12:15:39 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Sure they have a ICBM that can hit Alaska, but I can guaren-damn-tee you they cannot fit a nuke on it yet. The ISP isn't there.

They would be hard pressed to fly that rocket with much of any payload and hit Seoul.
View Quote
They can sub launch their Pukguksong missile. Might have spelled it wrong. 

If I was Kim I'd either sub launch it off the US coast, or smuggle the warhead in somehow [put it on a cargo ship and detonate it when it docks at at a harbor, on a north korean passanger plane and at the airport, etc.] and then detonte it.

You don't HAVE to use a missile to launch it. 
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 12:19:28 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

They can sub launch their Pukguksong missile. Might have spelled it wrong. 

If I was Kim I'd either sub launch it off the US coast, or smuggle the warhead in somehow [put it on a cargo ship and detonate it when it docks at at a harbor, on a north korean passanger plane and at the airport, etc.] and then detonte it.

You don't HAVE to use a missile to launch it. 
View Quote
It's probably a safe bet people know their submarine capability and monitor it carefully.  If I was kim I'd ask for a pile of money and immunity and kim kardashian as a trade for control of the north and let it collapse like e germany.

There is no situation for him where he and his dynasty aren't wiped out.  unless he takes the kardashian option.
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 12:20:19 PM EDT
[#45]
How many artillery pieces are pointed at Seoul again?

How many nukes are they supposed to have?

Christ what a shit show
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 12:20:25 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They are referring to Trump's UN speech and possibly the tweet referring to Little Kim as Rocket Man
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 12:24:32 PM EDT
[#47]
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 12:27:03 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 12:28:52 PM EDT
[#49]
Hit first:

Mig 29 Base
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 12:31:34 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Hit first:

Mig 29 Base
View Quote
If I were a betting man I'd say the batting order over there is one of the most carefully planned parts of us military doctrine.  I hope this doesn't pop off but if it does, there is a plan for the war.  Hopefully someone has a plan for what to do after the shooting is over.
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top