View Quote
What have you done?
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 10:46:16 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 10:48:06 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
That was a part-time job at best. That stadium is used maybe 15 times a year including Bills games.   I highly doubt it was a full-time job with a decent salary.
View Quote
Depends. Article doesn't say what he did, but if he was in Facilities Maintenance, particularly if it's Union, it probably was full-time
and paid quite well, especially if he had 30 years of seniority. All just speculation though, we don't really know.
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 10:51:42 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
What a dumbass - oh let me toss away a paycheck because of what THEY did.

Hope he had a plan past holding 'will work for food' sign at freeway exits. And how many 'good job' guys will help him out then?
View Quote
So you do not know the guy or anything about his financial situation but you speculated anyway and called him a dumbass.

Might want to look in the mirror.
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 10:51:49 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
This.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I think the NFL has misread the public's feelings on this matter and it's going to cost them a lot of money in the long run.
This.
Yep. This shit sounds like a good idea to people living in large cities on the coasts but it's going to cost teams and sponsors a lot in places like Nashville, Pittsburgh and Buffalo.
I consider myself a huge NFL fan. I haven't missed watching a bills game in decades. I buy the Sunday ticket every year.
Through the first two weeks of the season I watched the bills game and maybe 20 minutes of other games. Yesterday I almost turned off the TV after the anthem to the bills game. Either the NFL fixes this or I'm out.
The players are out of their fucking minds. Especially to do it on gold star family day.
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 10:57:50 AM EDT
[#6]
Personally, I think President Trump should have avoided the controversy altogether. It was dying out anyway. However, if he really wanted to weigh in on the matter, it would have been better for him to do it differently than he did and not to name call ("SOBs"). He truly has breathed new life into the whole deal, which is unfortunate.

Having said all that, what the players are doing is siding with criminals instead of their country and they are clearly identifying themselves as other things before being Americans.

Good on the Bills employee for taking a stand.
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 10:57:58 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
White House invite.

Call it a retirement party.
View Quote
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 11:01:39 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Yep
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
You can sure tell who here would never do anything for principles.
Yep
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 11:08:33 AM EDT
[#9]
It's a part time gig, he's got full time work elsewhere. He'll be fine.
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 11:10:19 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
That ship is going to sink so why not.  Scuttled from the inside.
View Quote
Just like our country
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 11:54:48 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
That sure showed them
View Quote
Doing the right thing is always the best move to make.

People today have lost sight of the fact that it is important to have principles.  Look at how many individuals on ARFCOM don't have the slightest idea what the National Anthem represents.

That man can stand up and look at himself in the mirror without shame, or worse yet apathy.  That did show something.  That is a good example for people to take note of.
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 12:00:10 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Liberals have misread the entire country's feelings on such matters. In response, we gave them Trump. Keep on pushing, and they'll hate what we give them next even more. 
View Quote
It's amazing just how clueless they are
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 12:17:27 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
So you do not know the guy or anything about his financial situation but you speculated anyway and called him a dumbass.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hope he had a plan past holding 'will work for food' sign at freeway exits. And how many 'good job' guys will help him out then?

Quitting a job of 30 years over this bullshit is pretty foolish.  

What he really should have done was that he should have ended the anthem with "And everyone of you sitting down or taking a knee during this are despicable and can go fuck yourselves".  Really go out with a bang.
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 12:26:06 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
That sure showed them
View Quote
think of the perception this shows.  Its yet another heaping shovel full shit on the pile that is the nfl's image.
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 12:26:35 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Good for him
View Quote
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 12:26:43 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Not watching them won't accomplish anything unless you're a Neilsen family.  The key is not buying their merchandise and letting their sponsors know you're not going to be buying their shit and won't be watching to see their commercials.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Good for him

I boycotted the NFL this weekend and probably for now on as long as they are on SJW bandwagon.

Someone needs to start a poll to see how many arfcomers quit watching
Not watching them won't accomplish anything unless you're a Neilsen family.  The key is not buying their merchandise and letting their sponsors know you're not going to be buying their shit and won't be watching to see their commercials.
Tracking viewership just by  Neilsen  has come to pass a long long time ago.
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 12:27:31 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

If he can afford it, then good for him.

All of this will continue and get worse unless people start responding.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

If he can afford it, then good for him.

All of this will continue and get worse unless people start responding.
NI
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 12:28:09 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Because of all the publicity, I wouldn't be surprised if the TV ratings go up, at least for this weekend. The key will be to see the long term ratings for this season, ticket sales, mecrhandise sales, etc.
View Quote
I'll assume you're surprised then.

http://deadline.com/2017/09/redskins-sunday-night-football-ratings-nfl-protests-star-trek-discovery-donald-trump-nbc-1202176141/" target="_blank">http://deadline.com/2017/09/redskins-sunday-night-football-ratings-nfl-protests-star-trek-discovery-donald-trump-nbc-1202176141/
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 12:28:58 PM EDT
[#19]
Fuck this, fuck that and FUCK YOU!

Mad respect for the man.
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 12:30:22 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
White House invite.

Call it a retirement party.
View Quote
Well, now that the B-ball team is no longer welcome a spot should be open.
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 12:33:08 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

It's amazing just how clueless they are
View Quote
We all tend to operate in our own echo chambers nowadays.  Liberals more so than anyone else especially when you look at NYC and Hollywood as the two shining examples of what the world should mean and be doing. 

The window of what is considered normal and "left" and "right" has shifted so far to the left in such a quick fashion that most people didn't see it or realize it.  In a way, thanks to Trump, it is being seen and people are pissed off.  I'm always trying to explain to my kids how far left things have moved and even injecting past TV shows and even commercials to demonstrate where we have gone.  It's sad really as you can't even crack jokes anymore without someone being "triggered."  Now America's most popular sport has been politicized and people were afraid to address (this is my guess) because they might be considered racists.  Well guess what, you're still considered a racist by those same people whether you addressed it or not so now you get to watch it all crumble. 
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 12:34:59 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

My wife got me the NFL package on Direct TV. I didn't watch a single game yesterday. I'm ready to cancel the whole package. I tried to find an email addy for NFL corp. offices to let them know but didn't have much luck.
View Quote
Here you go: https://addresscustomerservicecenternumber.com/Address-Contact-Number-Detail-of-Nfl-Commissioner/

@DamascusKnifemaker
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 12:38:18 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Personally, I think President Trump should have avoided the controversy altogether. It was dying out anyway. However, if he really wanted to weigh in on the matter, it would have been better for him to do it differently than he did and not to name call ("SOBs"). He truly has breathed new life into the whole deal, which is unfortunate.

Having said all that, what the players are doing is siding with criminals instead of their country and they are clearly identifying themselves as other things before being Americans.

Good on the Bills employee for taking a stand.
View Quote
He got more assholes to out themselves.  That's a good thing.
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 12:47:18 PM EDT
[#24]
Thanks. I did a bit of googling this morning, found that link and wrote a polite statement on my disappointment with the direction the NFL has taken. I just got off the phone with Direct TV canceling the NFL package. I also Emailed ESPN and FS1 expressing my disappointment with the direction they have allowed their organizations to take. I have deleted their websites from my bookmarks on all devices and will delete their programming buttons on my Sirius/XM radio.
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 1:05:27 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
I think the NFL has misread the public's feelings on this matter and it's going to cost them a lot of money in the long run.
View Quote
I Hope you are correct.
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 1:22:40 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

What have you done?
View Quote
Just as much as you...
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 1:27:57 PM EDT
[#27]
Good for him.  I wish more people would follow suit.  

I contacted the NFL advertisers association and told them I am done with football. I said I used to watch football to escape.  I know where to find political discourse if I want to.  I do not want to be subjected to political statements, or demonstrations as part of a football game, so I am done with football.
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 1:34:57 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Good for him

I boycotted the NFL this weekend and probably for now on as long as they are on SJW bandwagon.

Someone needs to start a poll to see how many arfcomers quit watching
I was one of the Neilsen viewers back in the early 1990’s. Paid $15/month based on two TV’s and two VCR’s. They actually hardwired cables into my TV’s and VCR’s that ran to a modem that dialed out every night. I got paid to watch TV. Not bad. I always wondered how much info they could pull from a VCR.
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 1:35:19 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
After 30 years of employment, most smart people should be able to walk out without having to worry about holding "work for food" signs. 
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

After 30 years of employment, most smart people should be able to walk out without having to worry about holding "work for food" signs. 
And his wife's a stock broker.

Not sure why anyone would assume this guy was living paycheck to paycheck. Maybe we project our own circumstances into these situations?

I assumed he'd be fine.
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 1:39:57 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Good for him.  I wish more people would follow suit.  

I contacted the NFL advertisers association and told them I am done with football.
View Quote
Link? ?
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 1:40:08 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
"Reason for leaving last job?"
"People disrespecting the flag, country and the men and women who died to make us free."
"You're hired."
"For what position?"
"We'll find one for you."
View Quote
I like this!
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 1:47:59 PM EDT
[#32]
Good for him for doing the right thing.  Some of you people on here are retarded.  It doesn't matter if he's full time or part time...it's the principle.
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 1:50:42 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Just as much as you...
View Quote
Then maybe you could stop putting down someone that did do something.
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 1:55:21 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Because of all the publicity, I wouldn't be surprised if the TV ratings go up, at least for this weekend. The key will be to see the long term ratings for this season, ticket sales, mecrhandise sales, etc.
View Quote
You are certainly misreading the current political fallout. Do you work for the NFL by chance?
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 1:56:43 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Then maybe you could stop putting down someone that did do something.
View Quote
Save your outrage.  His resignation accomplished nothing.
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 1:58:08 PM EDT
[#36]
I threw a bunch of Seahawks gear in the trash yesterday.  I became a football fan later in life, I can live without it.
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 2:01:26 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
However, if he really wanted to weigh in on the matter, it would have been better for him to do it differently than he did and not to name call ("SOBs").
View All Quotes
Quoted:
However, if he really wanted to weigh in on the matter, it would have been better for him to do it differently than he did and not to name call ("SOBs").
No. Trump did it the ONE way that was guaranteed to get the MSM and liberals outraged even though Trump voiced a sentiment that many agree with.

Rich Lowry over at the National Review explains it...
He takes a commonly held sentiment — most people don’t like the NFL protests — and states it in an inflammatory way guaranteed to get everyone’s attention and generate outrage among his critics. When those critics lash back at him, Trump is put in the position of getting attacked for a fairly commonsensical view.
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 2:10:35 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 2:10:59 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
No. Trump did it the ONE way that was guaranteed to get the MSM and liberals outraged even though Trump voiced a sentiment that many agree with.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

He takes a commonly held sentiment — most people don’t like the NFL protests — and states it in an inflammatory way guaranteed to get everyone’s attention and generate outrage among his critics. When those critics lash back at him, Trump is put in the position of getting attacked for a fairly commonsensical view.
Love the National Review.

Just ordered a subscription last night
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 2:15:44 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View Quote
His resignation might have been enough to show his children or grandchildren
what having a backbone really means. Like you, I am quite sure he did
nothing in the big scheme of things.

But, the examples we leave our children with stay with them forever, and
are much longer lasting than your words or my words on some internet forum.
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 2:19:02 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View Quote
Season ticket holder?
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 2:26:51 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

His resignation might have been enough to show his children or grandchildren
what having a backbone really means. Like you, I am quite sure he did
nothing in the big scheme of things.

But, the examples we leave our children with stay with them forever, and
are much longer lasting than your words or my words on some internet forum.
View Quote
Having a backbone means staying and facilitating change.  The Steelers player who left his team sitting the locker room is a man of conviction and principle.  Not the guy who takes his ball and goes home.
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 2:36:00 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View Quote
It made the news and showed that some people are really pissed off at the NFL.  That's something.
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 2:43:03 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View Quote
You seem to have issues understanding morals, ethics and principles.
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 2:44:41 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Yep
View Quote
Yep. And I recognize the usernames also.
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 2:45:29 PM EDT
[#46]
Having to deal with drunken Bills fans at Orchard Park would be enough to make a guy want to quit.
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 2:46:24 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
I would tend to agree with you in most jobs, but lets point out that hes a stadium worker living in an area with high cost of living.

On another note, man that article was hard to look at with that formatting
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I would tend to agree with you in most jobs, but lets point out that hes a stadium worker living in an area with high cost of living.

On another note, man that article was hard to look at with that formatting
If he works game days only, it's almost has much a hobby as a job.  10 Sundays a year.  Unless playoffs.
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 2:49:09 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View Quote
There some things that gnaw at a man more, than not having a paycheck. Principles-some people have them, some don't. Those that don't,  generally don't understand what motivates those that do.
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 2:49:39 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 2:53:30 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
What are the fans in the stadium doing during all of this bullshit?  Are they cheering, are they booing, are they sitting, kneeling, or is everyone standing at attention, hand on heart, giving proper reverence to the flag? 

I don't watch football, the only thing I saw this morning on local news was the one former military player who by himself stood giving proper attention to the flag.  The limited view of the stadium behind him seemed to have everyone standing on their feet with hands on their heart. 

I'm curious how the fans are reacting to this issue in other stadiums across the country? 

Thanks. 
View Quote
I have posted this and other threads and I will post it here as a response to your question- my son last Friday graduated from boot camp at Parris Island. During his 10-day leave that he wanted to do was go see a Detroit Lions game. I have been a Detroit Lions fan for the last 40 years. My wife became a Lions fan as did the kids.

So yesterday we got up and drove to Detroit to see the Lions play the Falcons. Right before the national anthem was sung players on both sides began to take knees and lock arms.

The booing was so loud in Ford Field that it actually made my ears ring. The fans let the players and the organization's know how frustrated they are with these childish protests.

All along the in side of Ford Field there were small groups of people holding up American flags while the anthem was being played.

I truly believe that the organization's, the players and the NFL have totally underestimated the fan base.
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top