Site Notices
Page / 56
Link Posted: 9/15/2017 9:54:55 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/15/2017 12:24:23 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

No state criminal charges, maybe something on the Fed level but I doubt, possibly fired and then reinstated after the lawsuit.
View Quote
Link Posted: 9/15/2017 12:39:29 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/15/2017 12:40:16 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

No state criminal charges, maybe something on the Fed level but I doubt, possibly fired and then reinstated after the lawsuit.
View Quote
At 27 years service I'd think he'd be at, or not far from retirement anyway.
Link Posted: 9/15/2017 12:41:41 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

I could be wrong.
View Quote
If this incident doesn't result in real discipline then there is a systemic problem that needs to be resolved.
Link Posted: 9/15/2017 12:42:29 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I could be wrong.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I could be wrong.
I bet you're far off but I doubt the detective will be a detective when it's done & over with.
Link Posted: 9/15/2017 1:28:08 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
If this incident doesn't result in real discipline then there is a systemic problem that needs to be resolved.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I could be wrong.
That it's a likely possibility says there is a systemic problem that needs to be solved.
Link Posted: 9/15/2017 1:37:09 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 9/15/2017 1:43:47 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

You should read the CRB report and see what you think.
View Quote
I started it but had technical difficulties. I'll try again.
Link Posted: 9/15/2017 1:55:09 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I could be wrong.
It's (IMHO) a shitty document that doesn't attempt to get to the root causes of the failure but stops at the symptoms.
Link Posted: 9/15/2017 3:05:59 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Sounds like Payne will have plenty of time off to work on growing out his skullet.
View Quote
I knew he looked familiar, finally placed it:

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/15/2017 4:25:48 PM EDT
[#12]
<Removed -40xb>
Link Posted: 9/15/2017 5:15:10 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
<Removed -40xb>
View Quote
Wow.
Link Posted: 9/15/2017 5:23:57 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Interesting they are saying Payne and LT were not sufficiently trained, nor updated on current law and so they are putting that back on the PD. And it is local SOP to obtain blood samples from everyone involved in a major accident.

The CRB report basically boils down to they think Payne was rude and failed to file one report properly and the LT was not properly trained to know current rules on blood draws.
View Quote
That contradicts earlier claims of him being a specially trained chain of custody drug screen collector.

It also flies in the face of the attempts of the hospital to meet with the force to clarify procedure to prevent future problems.
Link Posted: 9/15/2017 5:28:56 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

That contradicts earlier claims of him being a specially trained chain of custody drug screen collector.

It also flies in the face of the attempts of the hospital to meet with the force to clarify procedure to prevent future problems.
View Quote
You know how we know you didn't read the report?
Link Posted: 9/15/2017 5:35:41 PM EDT
[#16]
<Removed -40xb>
Link Posted: 9/15/2017 5:40:59 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

<Removed -40xb>
View Quote
Un-Real
Link Posted: 9/15/2017 5:49:23 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Interesting they are saying Payne and LT were not sufficiently trained, nor updated on current law and so they are putting that back on the PD. And it is local SOP to obtain blood samples from everyone involved in a major accident.

The CRB report basically boils down to they think Payne was rude and failed to file one report properly and the LT was not properly trained to know current rules on blood draws.

They either need pc or a warrant to obtain his blood, it doesn't matter what their sop is,they had neither. The excuse that they were doing it because of his cdl doesn't want either since that's between him and his employer, and is a federal requirement. So nothing they've said makes sense. He trampled on her rights it's that simple, he abused his authority. He should be fired and maybe charged federally. Even if he wasn't trained about the new policy requiring a warrant he knows he either needs a warrant or PC and he knows he has neither, he is a detective with what 20 years experience? But I'm sure Bama is right just like the five Alabama cops that beat an unconscious man, he will end up back on the job, because the union and other people that believe cops do no wrong will back him.
Link Posted: 9/15/2017 6:14:39 PM EDT
[#19]
<Removed -40xb>
Link Posted: 9/15/2017 6:20:09 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
They either need pc or a warrant to obtain his blood, it doesn't matter what their sop is,they had neither. The excuse that they were doing it because of his cdl doesn't want either since that's between him and his employer, and is a federal requirement. So nothing they've said makes sense. He trampled on her rights it's that simple, he abused his authority. He should be fired and maybe charged federally. Even if he wasn't trained about the new policy requiring a warrant he knows he either needs a warrant or PC and he knows he has neither, he is a detective with what 20 years experience? But I'm sure Bama is right just like the five Alabama cops that beat an unconscious man, he will end up back on the job, because the union and other people that believe cops do no wrong will back him.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The only thing I would temper this with is if Payne's excuse that there was implied consent was valid. Nothing I've read or heard about at this point indicates that the excuse of "implied consent" was valid.

Being an un-willing bystander (and following the rules of the road) in a felony car chase does not trigger "implied consent". This has been beat to death already... and nobody can show proof or policy otherwise.
Linky to Utah state law, which is what we are talking about here...

No "lack of knowledge" gets you out of jail. Ignorance of the law is no excuse. Being a LEO, less so.
Link Posted: 9/15/2017 8:07:11 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
The only thing I would temper this with is if Payne's excuse that there was implied consent was valid. Nothing I've read or heard about at this point indicates that the excuse of "implied consent" was valid.

Being an un-willing bystander (and following the rules of the road) in a felony car chase does not trigger "implied consent". This has been beat to death already... and nobody can show proof or policy otherwise.

No "lack of knowledge" gets you out of jail. Ignorance of the law is no excuse. Being a LEO, less so.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

And let's not forget Gray might not have possessed a Utah CDL.  Since he is an officer from Idaho its most likely he has an Idaho CDL so Utah's laws/requirements for CDL may not entirely apply to him.
Link Posted: 9/15/2017 8:24:18 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
<Removed -40xb>
View Quote
What did I miss?
Link Posted: 9/16/2017 1:40:44 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/112961/roy-munson-308297.JPG
View Quote
Link Posted: 9/16/2017 2:49:56 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 9/16/2017 4:17:37 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

You should read the CRB report.

He is a trained blood collector. The CRB faults the LEA for not keeping their officers trained and up to date on current law and procedures.

It also states that the LT found out on arrival that the hospital had already done a blood draw and that would suffice for their needs.
View Quote
Explain to me how arresting the nurse is not a crime.
Link Posted: 9/16/2017 4:24:20 PM EDT
[#26]
You guys ready?

Can you say <DRAMA>?

It's like Christmas in this thread.

Link Posted: 9/16/2017 4:26:53 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
You guys ready?

Can you say <DRAMA>?

It's like Christmas in this thread.

http://i.imgur.com/XqO6LsN.png

http://i.imgur.com/gIdut2H.png

http://i.imgur.com/iBAf41q.png
View Quote
Looking forward to him receiving his well earned raise and promotion
Link Posted: 9/16/2017 4:27:14 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 9/16/2017 4:28:00 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
View Quote
Link Posted: 9/16/2017 4:57:20 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 9/16/2017 7:08:03 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

I don't know the laws of UT.

But I believe if you review the CRB report they are saying the detective and the LT were operating in good faith. This is why I think the local DA is kicking it to the feds.
View Quote
Can anyone use a good faith defense against assault, unlawful imprisonment and kidnapping charges?
Link Posted: 9/16/2017 8:34:39 PM EDT
[#32]
Sexual harassment is automatic termination in most fields.  Once again a shitheel was protected.
Link Posted: 9/16/2017 8:54:34 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sounds like Payne will have plenty of time off to work on growing out his skullet.

He reminds me of a mix of Reese Bobby and Uncle Rico.

CHRIS
Link Posted: 9/16/2017 9:12:34 PM EDT
[#34]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
http://i.imgur.com/CFVMr12.png
27 yrs in the force, he has enough dirt on people that he will be allowed to finish his 3 yrs and retire.
Link Posted: 9/16/2017 9:20:57 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 9/16/2017 9:23:29 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Not likely. But most cubicle people are not asked to do the things that LE does.

Did you ever read the report?
View Quote
Kudos brother.  I appreciate the work that cops do 25/7.
Link Posted: 9/16/2017 9:31:58 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Not likely. But most cubicle people are not asked to do the things that LE does.

View Quote
Aside from the fact that it's absurd that you could act unreasonably and in ignorance of the law yet be shielded from consequences, it's fairly clear that he acted out of anger rather than good faith.

But the reforms that policing needs are becoming clearer. Firstly is a requirement that officers know the law and a presumption that in all cases they do.
Link Posted: 9/16/2017 9:35:21 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 9/16/2017 9:37:44 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 9/16/2017 9:51:05 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View Quote
Read it. He and the LT should get their parents cknof a single felony count and a day in jail. Hospital cop should be sent to retraining forfaikure to act.

No one in their right mind believes he was enforcing a law that hadn't been the law in ten years "in good faith."

When a tree produces a lot of rotten apples you need to start looking at a problem with the tree.
Link Posted: 9/16/2017 9:55:24 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 9/16/2017 9:59:02 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 9/16/2017 10:06:52 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

But if you had read the Civilian Review Board report (full disclosure I generally oppose CRB's, I think the jury box is the ultimate CRB) you would have read the CRB says it is a lack of training that led to this deal. The detective was operating on his LEA SOP.

I don't go along with the anger thing. It's generally a response to a conditioned stimulus.

IMO, LEA's should be required to provide current law training in addition to the mandatory stuff. I figured it up one time and if the LEA did just the required annual recert training on EVERYTHING, baton, radar, FST, handcuffing, firearms, etc...it's right at three solid weeks of training per year. This is not even touching law updates or court decision updates. If you are bean counting it's cheaper to have a lawsuit every so often than budget for proper training.

So if you add in state law changes, federal law changes and court decisions you are easily looking at 4 to 6 weeks of annual training. We are required to get 12 hours a year.
View Quote
Ignorance of the law shouldn't be an excuse. The fact that he was trying to enforce a law that hasn't existed in his state for ten years and the nation for one is unacceptable.
Link Posted: 9/16/2017 10:09:59 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

The Civilian Review Board disagrees with you.
View Quote
Do you typically give much weight to CRBs or are you flexible in your opinion of them?
Link Posted: 9/16/2017 10:13:19 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 9/16/2017 10:15:19 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Do you typically give much weight to CRBs or are you flexible in your opinion of them?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The Civilian Review Board disagrees with you.
Couple posts up he said he usually doesn't give them much credence, I guess it's wether he agrees with it or not.
Link Posted: 9/16/2017 10:16:16 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 9/16/2017 10:20:18 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Answered above.
View Quote
I just want you to admit that you're flexible so long as the officers aren't punished.
Link Posted: 9/16/2017 10:22:06 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
I would like to know more.

Things that use to be considered "ball busting" is now harassment and if you do it with a person of the opposite sex it's armaggedon.

Make fun of some guy who gets lot of poon and the problems it can cause with a fellow female cop in the room (with no comments directed to the female) use to be fun. Now off limits.

Can't make fun of stupid shit another cop has done anymore. Shoot poorly on the range? Off limits to make fun of them.

Make a comment about the last call you went on and momma having 5 different baby daddies, written up.

So maybe he is a shitheel or just a cog in the wheel.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Sexual harassment is automatic termination in most fields.  Once again a shitheel was protected.
I would like to know more.

Things that use to be considered "ball busting" is now harassment and if you do it with a person of the opposite sex it's armaggedon.

Make fun of some guy who gets lot of poon and the problems it can cause with a fellow female cop in the room (with no comments directed to the female) use to be fun. Now off limits.

Can't make fun of stupid shit another cop has done anymore. Shoot poorly on the range? Off limits to make fun of them.

Make a comment about the last call you went on and momma having 5 different baby daddies, written up.

So maybe he is a shitheel or just a cog in the wheel.
If he's a cog in the wheel then he's just like the rest of us...except he didn't get fired like the rest of us.
Link Posted: 9/16/2017 10:24:13 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
But if you had read the Civilian Review Board report (full disclosure I generally oppose CRB's, I think the jury box is the ultimate CRB) you would have read the CRB says it is a lack of training that led to this deal. The detective was operating on his LEA SOP.

I don't go along with the anger thing. It's generally a response to a conditioned stimulus.

IMO, LEA's should be required to provide current law training in addition to the mandatory stuff. I figured it up one time and if the LEA did just the required annual recert training on EVERYTHING, baton, radar, FST, handcuffing, firearms, etc...it's right at three solid weeks of training per year. This is not even touching law updates or court decision updates. If you are bean counting it's cheaper to have a lawsuit every so often than budget for proper training.

So if you add in state law changes, federal law changes and court decisions you are easily looking at 4 to 6 weeks of annual training. We are required to get 12 hours a year.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Aside from the fact that it's absurd that you could act unreasonably and in ignorance of the law yet be shielded from consequences, it's fairly clear that he acted out of anger rather than good faith.

But the reforms that policing needs are becoming clearer. Firstly is a requirement that officers know the law and a presumption that in all cases they do.

Ibrrad it and your using a very narrow focus to bullshit. He arrested her AFTER the request was withdrawn. Ignorance or not is irrelevant but you're clinging to it.
Page / 56
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top