BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Link Posted: 8/31/2017 9:33:01 PM EDT
[#1]
I thought it was awesome!
Link Posted: 8/31/2017 9:33:45 PM EDT
[#2]
It had potential, but it wasn't very good. Too much time spent throwing bones to the fanboys not enough with a compelling story, character development, diversity-poster nonsense.
Link Posted: 8/31/2017 9:34:04 PM EDT
[#3]
I thought it was excellent
Link Posted: 8/31/2017 9:34:58 PM EDT
[#4]
I thought it was really good. 

I'm not into Star Wars but I rented episode 4 after to keep it going. 
Link Posted: 8/31/2017 9:41:49 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Decent and worth seeing.  Better than any of the other crap they've put out since ROTJ.
View Quote
that's not a good measuring device.

and a +1 for "it was ok"

it had a little too much forced nostalgia in it.

like why did the imperial stronghold have AT-AT/ST's and other such shit and on standby no less.

the not Jedi Eli was also annoying, but that's just me really despising that archetype.

but those minorities yo.
Link Posted: 8/31/2017 9:45:27 PM EDT
[#6]
It was boring. I accidentally watched it twice though.

I meant to watch The Force Awakens which was awesome.
Link Posted: 8/31/2017 9:46:24 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Really?  I thought they did a good job with him.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
And Tarkin looks like absolute shit.
Me too
Link Posted: 8/31/2017 9:47:49 PM EDT
[#8]
Rogue One is the best Star Wars movie so far.
Link Posted: 8/31/2017 9:49:36 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Rogue One was a SUPERB movie.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Am I alone in this?

Link Posted: 8/31/2017 9:49:38 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote
The Force Awakens was solid.

Rogue One seemed like it was taken apart and put back together again 20 times.  It was an okay movie but didn't really seem to have any direction.

Had a few really cool parts that didn't make up for what a mess it was.  The final battle was completely impossible to follow and seemed to just have a bunch of people running around like retards with AT ATs coming out of nowhere.
Link Posted: 8/31/2017 9:58:04 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Rogue One seemed like it was taken apart and put back together again 20 times.  It was an okay movie but didn't really seem to have any direction.

Had a few really cool parts that didn't make up for what a mess it was.  The final battle was completely impossible to follow and seemed to just have a bunch of people running around like retards with AT ATs coming out of nowhere.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's because the movie was taken apart and put back together. Disney didn't like how "dark" and "war like" the original was and changed a lot of the ending.

Hell, as it stands now the ending of Rogue One clashes directly with A New Hope. Vader would have had no fear of holding Leia hostage, if he had personally witnessed her ship flying away from battle.

To boot, they mentioned "several transmissions were beamed to this ship" not "I killed a bunch of people and watched the plans physically handed off from one guy to the next, and I decided I couldn't be bothered to use my force powers to stop him from running, because I was having too much fun slashing others".

The movie is mediocre at best, doesn't blend well with the original source material (Episode 4), entire first half lacks much of any genuine story development/character development and jumps from planet to planet needlessly. Hell, they even use the death star laser, when per episode 4 the first time the laser is used is on Alderan.
Link Posted: 8/31/2017 10:01:40 PM EDT
[#12]
In the opening scene- the baddies park their jet like 1000 metres away and slowly walk alllllll the way up to the building a.

They could have parked way the fuck closer.  It's am open field.

Link Posted: 8/31/2017 10:06:47 PM EDT
[#13]
Better than Force Awakens and Ep I-III on my list.
Link Posted: 8/31/2017 10:07:18 PM EDT
[#14]
How Star Wars Rogue One Should Have Ended
Link Posted: 8/31/2017 10:09:15 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
In the opening scene- the baddies park their jet like 1000 metres away and slowly walk alllllll the way up to the building a.

...http://cdn.collider.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/10/rogue-one-ben-mendelsohn.jpg
View Quote
It's good exercise. They're stuck on a space ship all the time.      
Link Posted: 8/31/2017 10:10:29 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote
Like a impacted turd it was.  They leaned so heavily on the old Star Wars cast that by the time they off'd Han Solo the movie was almost over.  Like Ep I, it was all a setup for the next movie.  It doesn't stand on it's own.
Link Posted: 8/31/2017 10:11:32 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

...http://cdn.collider.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/10/rogue-one-ben-mendelsohn.jpg
View Quote
Staying out of weapons range. You want to catch a thermal detonator to the face because you parked by the front door?
Link Posted: 8/31/2017 10:13:14 PM EDT
[#18]
Was ok, but lost my interest at times.   Previous episode was better.
Link Posted: 8/31/2017 10:18:43 PM EDT
[#19]
Watched it once.  No inclination to see it again.
Link Posted: 8/31/2017 10:36:25 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Tried 2 different times. And I just gave up.

Am I alone in this?
View Quote

No
Link Posted: 8/31/2017 10:37:06 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

This.
View Quote
Damn good movie... I wouldn't say superb personally, but to each his own and I respect your opinion. I will say though, that i though it was a hell of a lot better then I thought it would be.

And better than The Force Awakens...
Link Posted: 8/31/2017 10:37:39 PM EDT
[#22]
Double tap
Link Posted: 8/31/2017 10:57:43 PM EDT
[#23]
Junk.

But then again I'm a grown ass man and star wars is for little kids
Link Posted: 8/31/2017 10:59:49 PM EDT
[#24]
There wasn't a whiney Darth Vader wannabe bad guy, so it was better than Force Awakens.  And the main character chick was purty.  So it has that going for it.  Which is nice.
Link Posted: 8/31/2017 11:31:00 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View Quote
They did. It just isn't "edgy" to give them credit for it.
Link Posted: 8/31/2017 11:42:54 PM EDT
[#26]
It was ok. Nothing special.
I rewatch it in bits and pieces on Netflix
Felicity has pouty lips...so I'm sure the .....
Link Posted: 8/31/2017 11:45:58 PM EDT
[#27]
I loved it.
Link Posted: 8/31/2017 11:51:24 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
I loved it.
View Quote
My reaction after seeing it was, "you mean we could have had SW movies like this the whole time?"   Fuck that George Lucas romper room trashcan fire of the 3 'prequels'
Link Posted: 8/31/2017 11:54:54 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Since this is GD and a lot of the people here have the attention span of a newt, I doubt it.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Am I alone in this?

Since this is GD and a lot of the people here have the attention span of a newt, I doubt it.

I've said it before and I'll say it again:  Rogue One is what Star Wars lll should have been.
Link Posted: 8/31/2017 11:55:55 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
There wasn't a whiney Darth Vader wannabe bad guy, so it was better than Force Awakens.  And the main character chick was purty.  So it has that going for it.  Which is nice.
View Quote
I think Daisy Ridley is sexy.
Link Posted: 9/1/2017 12:01:35 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

It's because the movie was taken apart and put back together. Disney didn't like how "dark" and "war like" the original was and changed a lot of the ending.

Hell, as it stands now the ending of Rogue One clashes directly with A New Hope. Vader would have had no fear of holding Leia hostage, if he had personally witnessed her ship flying away from battle.

To boot, they mentioned "several transmissions were beamed to this ship" not "I killed a bunch of people and watched the plans physically handed off from one guy to the next, and I decided I couldn't be bothered to use my force powers to stop him from running, because I was having too much fun slashing others".

The movie is mediocre at best, doesn't blend well with the original source material (Episode 4), entire first half lacks much of any genuine story development/character development and jumps from planet to planet needlessly. Hell, they even use the death star laser, when per episode 4 the first time the laser is used is on Alderan.
View Quote
None of that contradicts Ep4. We have no idea how much time is between the end of RO and ANH, could be minutes or months. ANH to TESB was 3 years and Han was still hanging around a Rebel base that the Empire hasn't found yet.. Time seems to move slowly for them. Death Star in RO was only using partial power, Alderaan was still the first full shot into a planet.

My biggest problem with the Disney movies are how close they were to epic, and we have to settle for decent. There's some good examples online of a few small tweaks that would have vastly improved both.
Link Posted: 9/1/2017 12:03:20 AM EDT
[#32]
OP needs to stick to Michael Bay movies.
Link Posted: 9/1/2017 12:04:35 AM EDT
[#33]
they haven't made a good star wars movie since 1981
Link Posted: 9/1/2017 12:10:23 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
All I got out of it was there's that damn death star again.

Is there any other plot  in that galaxy?
View Quote
That was my same exact reaction as well!! 3 times hopefully is enough
Link Posted: 9/1/2017 12:18:16 AM EDT
[#35]
I liked Rouge One. 
I did not like the Force Awakens.

From what I have seen, I probably won't like the Last Jedi.  
Link Posted: 9/1/2017 12:18:29 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Tried 2 different times. And I just gave up.

Am I alone in this?
View Quote

The third time. You must see it three times. I always fall asleep for 20 minutes during movies. This is why i like BluRay-DVD.
Link Posted: 9/1/2017 12:19:49 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
OP needs to stick to Michael Bay movies.
View Quote
I hate Michael bay movies.

Some Favourite films:
Shawshank redemption
A perfect world
Pulp fiction
Life of pi
Burn after reading
Fear and loathing in Las Vegas
Glory
Collateral
Caddy shack
One flew over the cuckoo's nest
The shining
Braveheart
No country for old men
Usual suspects

Just the ones off the top of my head.
Link Posted: 9/1/2017 12:23:15 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Like a impacted turd it was.  They leaned so heavily on the old Star Wars cast that by the time they off'd Han Solo the movie was almost over.  Like Ep I, it was all a setup for the next movie.  It doesn't stand on it's own.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

the force awakens was a remake

just another brain dead, risk free remake

perfectly awful, with a nice dollop of SJW politics on top

they ruined the whole franchise
Link Posted: 9/1/2017 12:26:20 AM EDT
[#39]
Well this thread is making me think I need to give it another try.  Just couldn't make it past the first 15 minutes when it seemed another rehash of old SW stuff.  The same stupid silly uniforms, the deathstar, the same overwrought dialogue.  But it sounds like it gets better.
Link Posted: 9/1/2017 12:27:35 AM EDT
[#40]
Op is correct.
Link Posted: 9/1/2017 12:28:21 AM EDT
[#41]
Too much girl power for you?z
Link Posted: 9/1/2017 12:31:45 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Well this thread is making me think I need to give it another try.  Just couldn't make it past the first 15 minutes when it seemed another rehash of old SW stuff.  The same stupid silly uniforms, the deathstar, the same overwrought dialogue.  But it sounds like it gets better.
View Quote

The Empire villain actually had more personality than any other one so far.   There was some humor but it wasn't blatantly kid-oriented.   The Jedi shit was thankfully kept to a very minimal minimum.  The use of the Death Star on a city was appalling and impressive and personal in a way that seeing a planet explode from far away can't convey.   The fleet action felt more realistic and chaotic.   The moral themes were more dark and complex.
Link Posted: 9/1/2017 12:50:57 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Too much girl power for you?z
View Quote
every red blooded guy loves girl power

except when it sucks ass

like the force awakens

did you know that they're remaking ghostbusters with ALL GIRLS????   It's going to be awesome!!! ALL GIRLS!!   MEN ARE BAD!!!
Link Posted: 9/1/2017 12:56:24 AM EDT
[#44]
Watch only the third act and imagine that the screenplay up until that point wasn't a direction-less dumpster fire.
Link Posted: 9/1/2017 12:59:20 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Patchouli is on a trolling spree this week.
View Quote
Link Posted: 9/1/2017 1:01:46 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Darth Vader lightsaber rape, murder, arson, and rape scene FTW.
View Quote
Yup, always wanted to see why people feared Vader the way they do.  His scene at the end justified everything.
Link Posted: 9/1/2017 1:11:37 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

That was my same exact reaction as well!! 3 times hopefully is enough
View Quote
Your dead to me.  
Link Posted: 9/1/2017 1:22:33 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Yup, always wanted to see why people feared Vader the way they do.  His scene at the end justified everything.
View Quote
  This is the only scene I disliked.
Link Posted: 9/1/2017 1:24:29 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

The Empire villain actually had more personality than any other one so far.   There was some humor but it wasn't blatantly kid-oriented.   The Jedi shit was thankfully kept to a very minimal minimum.  The use of the Death Star on a city was appalling and impressive and personal in a way that seeing a planet explode from far away can't convey.   The fleet action felt more realistic and chaotic.   The moral themes were more dark and complex.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well cool then. I'll give it another spin.  And I'll reconsider the opinions of my "trusted" friends who like me, grew up on SW and were saying this was the movie they had been waiting for since JarJar/GL fucked us.
Link Posted: 9/1/2017 1:38:28 AM EDT
[#50]
Lead girl is way hot. Loved Rogue One. Best one since Empire IMO. And the last half of the movie is my favorite bit of the whole series.
Page / 3
Top Top