BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 8/25/2017 7:18:39 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The Iron Fist actor sucks. "I am so conflicted all the time" "I feel guilt about leaving Kun Lun undefended, yet I do nothing about it". "I think its cool to wait until I am almost defeated to whip out the Iron Fist instead of using it first." "I having been training for my whole life in martial arts yet my body looks like the Pillsbury Dough Boy" "Did I mention I don't like turbulence and my parents were killed like Batman? Oh, I did?"
View Quote
And you only needed to watch 17 minutes of the 1st episode to sum up the entire series. (Though you did miss, asian teacher lady is smoking hot)
Link Posted: 8/25/2017 7:23:46 AM EDT
[#2]
I couldn't stay awake through a single episode. The ONLY reason the Jessica Jones series was worth a shit was Dr. Who.
Link Posted: 8/25/2017 9:33:30 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:ETA I'm glad Deborah Ann Woll made it back. That girl really is pretty.
View Quote
They need a threesome with her and the chicks who play Colleen and Trish.  I mean it brings three of the series together.
Link Posted: 8/25/2017 9:45:23 AM EDT
[#4]
Just watched the series.  I thought it was really good.  Iron Fist continues his Kristen Stewart impression (1 trick pony).  I like the Luke Cage character, Jessica Jones is ok, though kind of annoying at times.

I think the villains were more interesting, and frankly, Stick stole the show.  What the hell, if it's not falling into an inferno it's getting stabbed.
Link Posted: 8/25/2017 12:52:39 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
OK, I missed something.  What do you mean "come back" ?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'm waiting for the punisher to come back...
OK, I missed something.  What do you mean "come back" ?
https://www.ar15.com/forums/general/-The-Punisher-trailer/5-2024762/
Link Posted: 8/25/2017 1:34:08 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
They need a threesome with her and the chicks who play Colleen and Trish.  I mean it brings three of the series together.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
DAW and Tay-Tay

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/25/2017 1:53:52 PM EDT
[#7]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
DAW and Tay-Tay

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/298946/IMG_2197-289828.JPG
Of all the women to shoehorn into a discussion about women on the show this is who you pick?

To each his own, but personally I would prefer something like this:

https://www.ar15.com/forums/general/Candice_Swanepoel/142-1836545/?
Link Posted: 8/25/2017 3:11:54 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

They all have individual, and often contrasting, personalities and motivations.

Sorry they aren't all one dimensional action heros. Michael Bay might be more your style.
View Quote
Did I trigger you?

You didn't even understand what I wrote. The shows characters were nothing new.
Jessica Jones was the only one in the series worth watching. A woman who wasn't crying everytime she broke a nail. She had her faults, but it didn't drag the team down like the rest of them.

I did like the show. I just thought it could have been better.

Ed

Ps: when I mentioned fullauto weapons, I was meaning that the Defenders had them. If Iron Fist had mag dumped into Sigourney Weavers head in the boardroom, game over.

Why did the bad guys only have guns L
Link Posted: 8/25/2017 3:18:03 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
You "couldn't finish" Daredevil S1, but you liked Iron Fist.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I liked it.  Of course, I also really liked Jessica Jones, and had to watch the recap of Daredevil Season 1, because I couldn't finish it.  It just drug on.  I get it.  You're conflicted.  The Purple Man was an awesome villain.  

Luke Cage was good until they killed off Cottonmouth.  Then it just went downhill.  Iron Fist kept my attention well, but that actor needs to learn what the inside of a gym looks like.  

I'm pretty sure Iron Fist in the Netflix series is quite underpowered compared to the comic book version.  IMO, Iron Fist would wipe the floor with Daredevil.
You "couldn't finish" Daredevil S1, but you liked Iron Fist.
Seriously. I tried super hard and couldn't finish DD S1. It just didn't hold my attention. I know it makes me the opposite of everyone else. I was kind of waiting for Iron Fist to beat wholesale ass, and it never happened.
Link Posted: 8/25/2017 4:18:01 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Of all the women to shoehorn into a discussion about women on the show this is who you pick?

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/2c/72/8a/2c728ac7fed4cbdbd6d338f535a510f0.jpg

View Quote
I like 'em tall. What can I say.

If I had to pick one from the MCU I would take JJ's radio host friend and DAW.
Link Posted: 8/25/2017 4:59:43 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/2c/72/8a/2c728ac7fed4cbdbd6d338f535a510f0.jpg

The woman in the thread I linked is 5'10" 119 pounds.

And yeah, the blonde Aussie is pretty hot.

DAW was smoking hot in True Blood.  Not as much in DD and Defenders, IMO.
Link Posted: 8/29/2017 10:49:44 AM EDT
[#12]
I just finished it last night.  Overall:  Meh.

It didn't help that practically the very first action scene was:  Gun Owners = Bad Guys; Looters = Good Guys.  What a POS start to a series.  

I found it far easier to deal with if I just fast-forwarded through all the emo metrosexual IF scenes and all the female-female scenes.  The only exception was when that beautiful NYPD detective was on the screen! 

The ending was MEH as well.  What was it, 10-15 minutes of fighting between DD and Elecktra, jesus get it over already.  Elektra killing Alexandra (her real middle name, BTW) was was a huge surprise - NOT.

And speaking of Alexandra (Weaver):  The only real bright spot to the whole series (other than the hot detective).  Whenever she was on, good stuff.  I enjoyed watching her work.  Excellent actor and, at 67, still looks pretty damn hot.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top