Page / 2
Posted: 8/17/2017 1:48:33 PM EDT
Link Posted: 8/17/2017 3:10:50 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm earnestly hoping it doesn't suck.
Link Posted: 8/17/2017 3:25:56 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
The Defenders is Marvel's newest Netflix series with the four characters from the other series.

I never finished Iron Fist, but the reviews say the character comes off better in the group and having all four to work off each other might work out.

I wish the bad guys weren't the tires old Hand ninjas who first appeared in 1980s Daredevil cartoons. Seems dated and Luke Cage probably has a "1000 ninjas crushed per minute" rate like a machinegun's automatic fire rate. 
View Quote

1000N/m that seems a little far fetched.

I'm sure it's no more than 850N/m.

Ed
Link Posted: 8/17/2017 3:26:05 PM EDT
[#3]
I prefer Defendor.
Link Posted: 8/18/2017 10:42:00 PM EDT
[#4]
I'm through 5 episodes now.

I like all the shows, so far it's decent and the Fingers are pretty bad ass especially Gao pretty sure she's a Sith Lord....

I want to see what Alexandra can do she's the leader for some reason she's gotta be a bad ass.

Oh and the womenz are nice too.

Yep Iron Fists woman is one of the Sand Snakes from GoT

Link Posted: 8/18/2017 10:45:58 PM EDT
[#5]
One episode left, I like it. Wish they had made more than 8 episodes though.

And I would kiss Electra from whence she poops
Link Posted: 8/18/2017 10:47:55 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote
Don't stop watching when the end credits run...
Link Posted: 8/18/2017 10:48:48 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote
I kinda dig Krysten Ritter myself, but yea I'd be game for Elektra too.
Link Posted: 8/18/2017 10:51:47 PM EDT
[#8]
I'm waiting for the punisher to come back...
Link Posted: 8/19/2017 2:09:27 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 8/19/2017 2:31:26 AM EDT
[#10]
It's not bad.  Certainly better than Iron Fist.
Link Posted: 8/19/2017 7:24:28 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
You watched it in one day?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You watched it in one day?
I got off work early and intended to mow grass. It was 95, fuck that. I still have the last episode to watch, I fell asleep. Not because of the show, just tired.
Link Posted: 8/19/2017 7:26:19 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote
I am going to have to watch the other shows now. I have watched daredevil, started Jessica Jones but that's it.
Link Posted: 8/19/2017 7:28:53 AM EDT
[#13]
I might watch it one day, I just cant get excited about the characters.
Link Posted: 8/19/2017 7:34:34 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 8/19/2017 7:47:58 AM EDT
[#15]
I read somewhere that they replaced the guy from Iron Fist because he sucked so bad, now they're putting him in Defenders?
Link Posted: 8/19/2017 7:57:32 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I read somewhere that they replaced the guy from Iron Fist because he sucked so bad, now they're putting him in Defenders?
View Quote
They didn't replace him.

He does seems to suck in the very role where he should suck the least - fight choreography.

Daredevil seems like he could kick his ass in a king fu brawl. Seems... wrong. Also, just doesn't behave like guy who was raised as a warrior in a myhthical Tibetan / Chinese city. His character is more like a kid who did two years in the Peace Corps.

Here's hoping they play more to his strengths in this new series, so far only caught episode one.

Loved the way they show Lau being submissive and intimidated by Sigourney Weaver's character. Great way to introduce a new "big bad."
Link Posted: 8/19/2017 8:04:10 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote
Came here to post this.
Link Posted: 8/19/2017 8:05:33 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Iron Fist is weak. I never finished it. Defenders is pretty good so far.
View Quote
Same here, couldn't finish Iron Fist either.
Link Posted: 8/19/2017 8:05:56 AM EDT
[#19]
Danny is still annoying, but is easier to take with the others around.
Link Posted: 8/19/2017 8:28:45 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 8/19/2017 8:33:47 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
They didn't replace him.

He does seems to suck in the very role where he should suck the least - fight choreography.

Daredevil seems like he could kick his ass in a king fu brawl. Seems... wrong. Also, just doesn't behave like guy who was raised as a warrior in a myhthical Tibetan / Chinese city. His character is more like a kid who did two years in the Peace Corps.

Here's hoping they play more to his strengths in this new series, so far only caught episode one.

Loved the way they show Lau being submissive and intimidated by Sigourney Weaver's character. Great way to introduce a new "big bad."
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
They didn't replace him.

Ahh, I read it wrong, they replaced the Director.
Link Posted: 8/19/2017 10:47:03 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View Quote
That's about as meaningful as saying a firearm is "certainly better than a Taurus."
Link Posted: 8/19/2017 11:13:30 AM EDT
[#23]
The Iron Fist actor sucks. "I am so conflicted all the time" "I feel guilt about leaving Kun Lun undefended, yet I do nothing about it". "I think its cool to wait until I am almost defeated to whip out the Iron Fist instead of using it first." "I having been training for my whole life in martial arts yet my body looks like the Pillsbury Dough Boy" "Did I mention I don't like turbulence and my parents were killed like Batman? Oh, I did?"
Link Posted: 8/19/2017 11:15:28 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
The Iron Fist actor sucks. "I am so conflicted all the time" "I feel guilt about leaving Kun Lun undefended, yet I do nothing about it". "I think its cool to wait until I am almost defeated to whip out the Iron Fist instead of using it first."
View Quote
The plot and the script was bad enough, but the guy was just a shitty actor. 
Link Posted: 8/19/2017 11:41:39 PM EDT
[#25]
I'm on episode 2. So far it's better than JJ and I didn't even bother watching Iron Fist or Luke Cage. The DareDevil writers must have the helm on this one. But all I want to know is:

When does The Punisher come back??
Link Posted: 8/19/2017 11:46:11 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
I'm on episode 2. So far it's better than JJ and I didn't even bother watching Iron Fist or Luke Cage. The DareDevil writers must have the helm on this one. But all I want to know is:

When does The Punisher come back??
View Quote
Late 2017.

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_5/2024762_-The-Punisher-trailer.html
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 12:11:23 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The Iron Fist actor sucks. "I am so conflicted all the time" "I feel guilt about leaving Kun Lun undefended, yet I do nothing about it". "I think its cool to wait until I am almost defeated to whip out the Iron Fist instead of using it first."
Have only made it through episode 4, but have been happy with Iron Fist so far. They've even seemed to improve the choreography.
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 10:40:20 PM EDT
[#28]
I just finished it up.

I thought it was pretty good, better than the few episodes of JJ I watched. Maybe I'll go back and watch LC and Iron Fist now.

Standing by for The Punisher and DD season 3 (because I believe )
Link Posted: 8/24/2017 8:48:56 AM EDT
[#29]
I finished it up last night, it wasn't bad but that Iron Fist guy still sucked, over acting and too emotional.

Seems like they tried to make him "Mr. Serious" in the group and failed miserably.
Link Posted: 8/24/2017 9:07:37 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
I finished it up last night, it wasn't bad but that Iron Fist guy still sucked, over acting and too emotional.

Seems like they tried to make him "Mr. Serious" in the group and failed miserably.
View Quote
His character is going through the strongest development arc. I like where they're going, and how they closed it. He's clearly maturing, and coming to an understanding of exactly who he is.
Link Posted: 8/24/2017 9:09:05 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

His character is going through the strongest development arc. I like where they're going, and how they closed it. He's clearly maturing, and coming to an understanding of exactly who he is.
View Quote
The should just bring in the Green Arrow guy and call it a day, now that guy's a bad ass.
Link Posted: 8/24/2017 9:34:42 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View Quote
While he is still the most annoying of the team, I think he did better than his own show.
(Which is not saying much.)

IIRC, in the comics he actually is a pretty humorous guy. But I admit I haven't read an IF book in a few decades.
Link Posted: 8/24/2017 9:41:58 AM EDT
[#33]
I couldn't even make it through the first episode.  I guess if I get laid up for a few days, I'll give it another chance.  That is when I tend to watch horrible shows on Netflix anyway, lol.
Link Posted: 8/24/2017 9:45:47 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
I couldn't even make it through the first episode.  I guess if I get laid up for a few days, I'll give it another chance.  That is when I tend to watch horrible shows on Netflix anyway, lol.
View Quote
It took me 5 tries to get past the first episode myself.
Link Posted: 8/24/2017 6:03:06 PM EDT
[#35]
The IF guy sucked balls. I think the only thing he did with it was jerkoff. Because he sure as shit didn't use it fighting.

Then there was his sidekick. Who was supposed to be a strong female character but got her ass handed to her. Then cried about it for a whole episode, while BP's gf told her how strong she was.. Give me a fucking break. Man up and use that fucking sword to kill someone or make me a sammich, bitch.

Finally the blind guy. What the fuck is it with trying to save every asshole villain that you were in love with that now wants you dead? Fuckem. Put them down and move the show along. Nope. Lets put everyone in danger to try to save the one person that can kill us all. Smart move Stevie Wonder. As if no one couldn't see that plot line.

I know I said 'Finally'. But one last thing. Sorry Kung Fu. But a couple of full autos and this show would have ended in the second episode.

Ed
Link Posted: 8/24/2017 6:05:59 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

I know I said 'Finally'. But one last thing. Sorry Kung Fu. But a couple of full autos and this show would have ended in the second episode.

Ed
View Quote
They had full autos; every time someone whipped one out, Cage stepped up.
Link Posted: 8/24/2017 6:12:21 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Same here, couldn't finish Iron Fist either.
View Quote
I finished it because I was bingewatching during some cardio....but it did suck
Link Posted: 8/24/2017 7:11:01 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ed
Yeah, that's the only time they fired them.

Bad Guys: Lets open on them....
Evil She Bitch: Wait till BulletProof is in position
Bad Guys: Awww Bullshit. Not again..

Ed
Link Posted: 8/24/2017 8:58:27 PM EDT
[#39]
Me and my son just finished Defenders.  We liked it.  At first we were pissed that it was only 8 episodes, but it was good.  Too much more and it might have been drug out too much. As far as all the series, we liked Daredevil best, then Luke Cage, Iron Fist, lastly Jessica Jones.  Really liked the ending of Defenders.  Looking forward to new season, and especially looking forward to Punisher.

And the chicks from the series are seriously hot.
Link Posted: 8/24/2017 9:10:33 PM EDT
[#40]
Did not suck.
Link Posted: 8/24/2017 9:12:05 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

I am going to have to watch the other shows now. I have watched daredevil, started Jessica Jones but that's it.
View Quote
Shame on you for not finishing Jessica Jones.
Link Posted: 8/24/2017 10:42:10 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Shame on you for not finishing Jessica Jones.
View Quote
To be honest I'm a bit creeped out by this Killian guy and his mental abilities over people.
I've stepped away from it for a few days

On a side note, the other day the dispatcher advised that Jessica Jones was in the lobby to speak to an officer.
I asked the dispatcher if Luke cage was with her......
Link Posted: 8/25/2017 12:04:51 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
The IF guy sucked balls. I think the only thing he did with it was jerkoff. Because he sure as shit didn't use it fighting.

Then there was his sidekick. Who was supposed to be a strong female character but got her ass handed to her. Then cried about it for a whole episode, while BP's gf told her how strong she was.. Give me a fucking break. Man up and use that fucking sword to kill someone or make me a sammich, bitch.

Finally the blind guy. What the fuck is it with trying to save every asshole villain that you were in love with that now wants you dead? Fuckem. Put them down and move the show along. Nope. Lets put everyone in danger to try to save the one person that can kill us all. Smart move Stevie Wonder. As if no one couldn't see that plot line.

Ed
View Quote
They all have individual, and often contrasting, personalities and motivations.

Sorry they aren't all one dimensional action heros. Michael Bay might be more your style.
Link Posted: 8/25/2017 12:32:34 AM EDT
[#44]
I liked it.  Of course, I also really liked Jessica Jones, and had to watch the recap of Daredevil Season 1, because I couldn't finish it.  It just drug on.  I get it.  You're conflicted.  The Purple Man was an awesome villain.  

Luke Cage was good until they killed off Cottonmouth.  Then it just went downhill.  Iron Fist kept my attention well, but that actor needs to learn what the inside of a gym looks like.  

I'm pretty sure Iron Fist in the Netflix series is quite underpowered compared to the comic book version.  IMO, Iron Fist would wipe the floor with Daredevil.
Link Posted: 8/25/2017 2:20:45 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
I liked it.  Of course, I also really liked Jessica Jones, and had to watch the recap of Daredevil Season 1, because I couldn't finish it.  It just drug on.  I get it.  You're conflicted.  The Purple Man was an awesome villain.  

Luke Cage was good until they killed off Cottonmouth.  Then it just went downhill.  Iron Fist kept my attention well, but that actor needs to learn what the inside of a gym looks like.  

I'm pretty sure Iron Fist in the Netflix series is quite underpowered compared to the comic book version.  IMO, Iron Fist would wipe the floor with Daredevil.
View Quote
You "couldn't finish" Daredevil S1, but you liked Iron Fist.
Link Posted: 8/25/2017 2:24:03 AM EDT
[#46]
I am looking forward to the Punisher stuff.  Netflix changd the icon.
Link Posted: 8/25/2017 2:31:38 AM EDT
[#47]
Watched "The Defenders" in two days last week.

Better than "Iron Fist," no doubt. But I liked Tom Pelphrey. He almost saved "Iron Fist." He was just as intense and psycho in "Banshee." "Banshee" had some great nekkedness too.

To be honest, I liked "Luke Cage" and "Daredevil" probably best. I give "Jessica Jones" an A+ for most blood and violence.

All these shows, including "Banshee" are ALL bullshit in one regard. The way these characters drink they would be dead by 30. You can't consume a bottle of bourbon a day and live very long. It doesn't happen in real life.
Link Posted: 8/25/2017 2:38:24 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Me and my son just finished Defenders.  We liked it.  At first we were pissed that it was only 8 episodes, but it was good.  Too much more and it might have been drug out too much. As far as all the series, we liked Daredevil best, then Luke Cage, Iron Fist, lastly Jessica Jones.  Really liked the ending of Defenders.  Looking forward to new season, and especially looking forward to Punisher.

And the chicks from the series are seriously hot.
View Quote
Jon Bernthal has turned out to be The Man. He gave new life to "Daredevil" and made "Fury" much more interesting. That guy has chops. I think he'll be around for a while.

ETA I'm glad Deborah Ann Woll made it back. That girl really is pretty.
Link Posted: 8/25/2017 2:39:20 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
View Quote
OK, I missed something.  What do you mean "come back" ?
Link Posted: 8/25/2017 2:41:27 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
He has his own show coming up. Thirteen episodes.

The Punisher (2017)
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top