BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 28
Link Posted: 6/12/2017 8:53:52 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
It'll probably get a last minute amendment to prohibit private ownership of handguns.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Its going to be like 86 all over again..
It'll probably get a last minute amendment to prohibit private ownership of handguns.
That's how compromise works...............

Link Posted: 6/12/2017 8:54:56 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Get rid of them in the Primaries, purge the RINOs/cucks/Neo cons.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This. There is a PA RINO calling for UBCs. We have a RINO in OR supporting secret court confiscations and indefinite purchase delays. TX RINOs kill open carry. FL RINOs do the same. On federal level, Republicans are even worse when it comes to 2A rights. Only better than commies for now.
Get rid of them in the Primaries, purge the RINOs/cucks/Neo cons.
Easy Peasy.
Link Posted: 6/12/2017 8:58:07 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

View Quote
This is the type of shit we have to watch out for. While I personally don't think they would be able to attach that particular poison pill (Outright handgun ban) and get away with it, I wouldn't put it past them to do something like mag bans or restrictions or any other number of stupid shit ideas like all new production pistols must have X as a safety device or some shit. Don't just pay attention to the Guns, Ammo and Mag's either... look for them to come after everything else that goes along with black rifles and a modern civilian gun owner as well.
Link Posted: 6/12/2017 9:00:51 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
If you think .22 was hard to find, imagine trying to find a suppressor for sale if this passes. Prices will skyrocket and there will be a two year wait due to supply shortages.

<--  bought 3 suppressors last week (SDN-6, Ti-Rant 9M, Halcyon).

Thanks Hansohn Brothers !
View Quote
It'd be worth it. More freedom. More 'murica
Link Posted: 6/12/2017 9:02:37 PM EDT
[#5]
Either they are trying to remind their bas that they haven't been forgotten, or Trump is not expected to make a full year as President. I'll be surprised if anything close to this passes.  

Hopefully this isn't just another bargaining chip that gets sacrificed by the establishment Repubs.  

With that being said, I'll order mine and do a few home builds if it does.  

Fingers crossed

.And remember, it's not GUNS they hate....Its all of us who stand in their way of ruling the masses with no consequence.  They are fine with guns as long as they are the only ones who have them.  
Link Posted: 6/12/2017 9:05:13 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Either they are trying to remind their bas that they haven't been forgotten, or Trump is not expected to make a full year as President. I'll be surprised if anything close to this passes.  

Hopefully this isn't just another bargaining chip that gets sacrificed by the establishment Repubs.  

With that being said, I'll order mine and do a few home builds if it does.  

Fingers crossed
View Quote
Or they can add it to the lost with the obamacare repeal and tax reform.

Golly gee,we tried our bestest.
Link Posted: 6/12/2017 9:05:14 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Go build something with high grade stainless, inconel and/or stellite, to extremely tight tolerances which will result in death or injury if you screw it up... and offer a lifetime warranty... with the ATF looking over your shoulder for audits all the time... and get back to us about how cheap and easy that is.

If something HPA-like passes, then current commercially off the shelf cans will be unobtanium and/or ridiculously expensive for a period until manufacturing and distribution catches up with demand.
View Quote
boltcatch you are a smart man. Too bad you are in Somalia or I would buy you a drink. You are spot on in your observation.

Suppressors will be hard to get for 6-12 months and then the laws of supply and demand with foster an more competitive environment. You can buy $129 pistols now, but you still bought a $499 Glock. Good stuff will still be good stuff and it will still cost what it costs.
Link Posted: 6/12/2017 9:06:06 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

That's wishful thinking. Established silencer companies that put out known quality products will have the distinct advantage in the market place still. Sure, some buyers that just want a cheap POS silencer will have easier access to them but they're by no means similar to SiCo, SF, or Dead Air.

Should the HPA pass we will see the market flooded with Radical Firearms-esque silencers. No thanks, I'll stick to high quality, durable, full auto rated cans with proven QA/QD systems.
View Quote
Do you really believe that what we currently have is the best we'll ever have? Of course I acknowledge that the established companies have a large and distinct advantage in the suppressor game, but that doesn't mean there's not better, or will not be better products in the future.

I, probably much like you tend to pay more for a proven design, but that doesn't mean the casual shooter needs to (or would ever) spend $800-$1300 on a mid to high end suppressor. There's definitely a market segment for both entry level and the high end.

Also, a lot of those shooters who start with a (theoretical) $100-$200 suppressor will eventually see the benefit of a higher end, more permanent solution and will see their way to taking the higher cost plunge, thus growing the industry and fueling innovation in the long term.
Link Posted: 6/12/2017 9:09:16 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
"Trump is not expected to make a full year as President"
View Quote
I have said this from the day of the election, he and the R's had better jam thru everything they can as fast as they can while they hold the majority. From judges to legislation they better get on the same train and start shoveling some serious coal into the boiler and get shit done!

The entrenched in DC will do anything to get him and his policies out.
Link Posted: 6/12/2017 9:15:54 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Mr Boltcatch, How much machining experience do you personally have? Honest answer please. I'm no trying to be an ass. I am just trying to understand your statement above. I can't say that I have extreme extensive experience. But I do have a bit of it with ti ( Ti 6-4) , al (Various), and various stainless steels. The machining is not that difficult to do, just takes quality cutting heads and good equipment. The average joe who can get access to a good quality lathe can make all of this stuff quickly and easily. There is also more "slop" than you would think in most suppressors. ( I have a few suppressors as well )

Thank you.
View Quote
Im not boltcathc. but I would like to respond. How much does a CNC mill cost? How much does a CNC lather cost? How much does an EDM sinker machine cost? How much does a CNC TIG welding machine cost? How much do the materials cost? How much do your machine operators make a year? How does your graphics design team cost? How much does it cost to produce packaging? CNC Cerakote applicator, R&D, ammo, full auto firearms, bullet traps, air scrubbers...the list goes on. Add all that up (plus some) and I think we can begin to understand why a quality suppressor costs what it costs.
Link Posted: 6/12/2017 9:17:20 PM EDT
[#11]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
But the prices will still be $800 or more because a tube with caps on the end is damn near impossible to manufacture.  
Patiently waiting for PSA to release shitty Chinese $200 cans.
Glock makes a disposable suppressor.Under 50.00 IIRC.

Read an article on them a few years back.
Damn, if I wasn't a Glock fanboy before, I will be then.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=https://youtu.be/Hnahn3D2sAc
That's pretty cool.  I wonder if you could make those on a 3D printer.  He said something about it being filled with some sort of oil, so maybe not?
Link Posted: 6/12/2017 9:19:42 PM EDT
[#12]
I know right.  Suppressors are the only device that needs testing, finishing, packaging, ect.

If the tax par goes away, suppressors will be dirt cheap.  It has little to do with production costs.
Link Posted: 6/12/2017 9:27:24 PM EDT
[#13]
So build your own suppressor and skip the 10% tax.
Link Posted: 6/12/2017 9:30:07 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I know right.  Suppressors are the only device that needs testing, finishing, packaging, ect.

If the tax par goes away, suppressors will be dirt cheap.  It has little to do with production costs.
View Quote
If all the bullshit goes away and you can buy them over the counter/roll your own,you're Goddamn right the price will drop.

All sorts of new designs will come out and at all sorts of price points.

Just like handguns-you can buy a brand new Hi-Point for around 150.00,or an Ed Brown at a couple thou.-and all points in between.

And like IowaRenegade brought up,maybe they can be 3D printed as well.

All interesting to discuss,and I will push my reps to get it done,BUT,I am not getting my hopes up for the usual Republican let down.
Link Posted: 6/12/2017 9:31:56 PM EDT
[#15]
tagged for the lulz
Link Posted: 6/12/2017 9:38:51 PM EDT
[#16]
This thread reminds me of the countless "Trump can't win, we're fucked, it's Hillary for sure" threads posted over the last year.

Some of you never get tired of bitching about the "inevitable" ass-fucking you're going to get.
Link Posted: 6/12/2017 9:40:20 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

I swear, some of you guys would complain if you were hung with a new rope.
View Quote
My Grandmother told me this once. I told her I would bitch because an old rope would have a chance of breaking.
Link Posted: 6/12/2017 9:42:01 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

If all the bullshit goes away and you can buy them over the counter/roll your own,you're Goddamn right the price will drop.

All sorts of new designs will come out and at all sorts of price points.

Just like handguns-you can buy a brand new Hi-Point for around 150.00,or an Ed Brown at a couple thou.-and all points in between.

And like IowaRenegade brought up,maybe they can be 3D printed as well.

All interesting to discuss,and I will push my reps to get it done,BUT,I am not getting my hopes up for the usual Republican let down.
View Quote
Yeppers, would be a good day.  Not sure why people think they are some super technical piece of equipment though.

I'm not holding my breath, but I do think it would be a good and reasonable for it passed.  I would love to suppress all my hunting equipment and range guns.
Link Posted: 6/12/2017 9:44:10 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Federal Law doesn't Trump state law.Last I knew they were illegal in NY.

IF,IF this passes,there will be all sorts of new stuff coming out.Glock makes a disposable one that locks on the barrel.
View Quote
But didn't someone say the HPA portion has a state preemption? Meaning states can't restrict them.
Link Posted: 6/12/2017 9:45:14 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
This thread reminds me of the countless "Trump can't win, we're fucked, it's Hillary for sure" threads posted over the last year.

Some of you never get tired of bitching about the "inevitable" ass-fucking you're going to get.
View Quote
Maybe because we've had the ass raping so many times now,we know what to expect?

I used to be optimistic,but as the years go by and you continually get fucked,it's kind of hard to have positive thoughts.

YMMV
Link Posted: 6/12/2017 9:45:44 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
ATF has long held that the legislative intent was for sporting purposes as existed in 1968. IDPA wasn't around yet.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Currently you are only allowed to temporarily loan a firearm to a resident of another state for a "sporting purpose". ATF has interpreted sporting purpose as traditional hunting and sport shooting (trap & skeet) purposes. They don't consider self protection, IDPA, 3gun, etc as a "sporting purpose"
They took a very long walk around all those practical shooting sports to reach that very bizarre conclusion.  

Here's to hoping the bullshit is over with.  
ATF has long held that the legislative intent was for sporting purposes as existed in 1968. IDPA wasn't around yet.
AR15's weren't around when the 2A was written.

DOESN'T

FUCKING

MATTER
Link Posted: 6/12/2017 9:54:19 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Im not boltcathc. but I would like to respond. How much does a CNC mill cost? How much does a CNC lather cost? How much does an EDM sinker machine cost? How much does a CNC TIG welding machine cost? How much do the materials cost? How much do your machine operators make a year? How does your graphics design team cost? How much does it cost to produce packaging? CNC Cerakote applicator, R&D, ammo, full auto firearms, bullet traps, air scrubbers...the list goes on. Add all that up (plus some) and I think we can begin to understand why a quality suppressor costs what it costs.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Mr Boltcatch, How much machining experience do you personally have? Honest answer please. I'm no trying to be an ass. I am just trying to understand your statement above. I can't say that I have extreme extensive experience. But I do have a bit of it with ti ( Ti 6-4) , al (Various), and various stainless steels. The machining is not that difficult to do, just takes quality cutting heads and good equipment. The average joe who can get access to a good quality lathe can make all of this stuff quickly and easily. There is also more "slop" than you would think in most suppressors. ( I have a few suppressors as well )

Thank you.
It's going to be just like 50 cal rifles.  People will squirm and bitch all night long about the cost of an AI or Barrett, but they get a little timid getting behind a $400 rifle, and for good reason.

There will be companies that make cheap cans if HPA passes and a lot of guys are going to buy them.  They're going to have all manner of problems with them and ultimately will learn the "buy once cry once" lesson.  It's just the way of the world.
Link Posted: 6/12/2017 9:55:07 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
What does it do? Give me a boner

No more sporting clause for importation
No more ATF rulings on ammo
No more restricting ammo from importation
No more over .50 caliber = DD
That last one I'm hazy on, maybe buying handguns across state lines?
View Quote
So wtf is the limit on ammo now then?

Can we buy artillery then?
Link Posted: 6/12/2017 10:02:50 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

DOESN'T

FUCKING

MATTER
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Currently you are only allowed to temporarily loan a firearm to a resident of another state for a "sporting purpose". ATF has interpreted sporting purpose as traditional hunting and sport shooting (trap & skeet) purposes. They don't consider self protection, IDPA, 3gun, etc as a "sporting purpose"
They took a very long walk around all those practical shooting sports to reach that very bizarre conclusion.  

DOESN'T

FUCKING

MATTER
No shit? The AR15 wasn't around in 1492?
The question was in regards to the "sporting purpose" clause. Try to keep up.

(and it DOES matter. If you think it doesn't read the law. )
Link Posted: 6/12/2017 10:07:23 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

That's wishful thinking. Established silencer companies that put out known quality products will have the distinct advantage in the market place still. Sure, some buyers that just want a cheap POS silencer will have easier access to them but they're by no means similar to SiCo, SF, or Dead Air.

Should the HPA pass we will see the market flooded with Radical Firearms-esque silencers. No thanks, I'll stick to high quality, durable, full auto rated cans with proven QA/QD systems.
View Quote
Direct thread all aluminum can with 1 stainless baffle for 125.00. Replace baffles as needed for around 6.00 per. You spend as much as you want, I guess names somehow make a 60 degree cone quieter. It is not rocket surgery making a firearm suppressor.
Link Posted: 6/12/2017 10:10:07 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
So a tube with caps on the end?
View Quote
Drill a hole in 8 or 9 freeze plugs, tamp them down the tube, and yes, that is about it.
Link Posted: 6/12/2017 10:10:28 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
I want to believe.
View Quote
Link Posted: 6/12/2017 10:10:41 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
If you think .22 was hard to find, imagine trying to find a suppressor for sale if this passes. Prices will skyrocket and there will be a two year wait due to supply shortages.
View Quote
THIS!!!

Newton wiped out .22 for 3 years?

(Optimistic pragmatic)Hopefully maybe it can help out the ar manufacturers that are dumping ar's cheap. At least licensed manufacturers still exist.
Link Posted: 6/12/2017 10:15:29 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
I'll be calling my representative tomorrow.

That said, it is scheduled for a hearing within a subcommittee of a committee. So take that for what its worth.
View Quote
Which subcommittee, and who's on it?

ETA:  Beat by a couple of hours.  Waiting for a response.  I dont mind calling every one of them.
Link Posted: 6/12/2017 10:16:34 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
THIS!!!

(Optimistic pragmatic)Hopefully maybe it can help out the ar manufacturers that are dumping ar's cheap. At least licensed manufacturers still exist.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
THIS!!!

A lot harder for a guy in his garage to kick out .22's.

"Solvent traps","oil filter adapters",3D printing,etc.... will take up the slack.

Might even see some wild innovation once people can play legally without worrying about getting screwed over.
Link Posted: 6/12/2017 10:21:02 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
But the prices will still be $800 or more because a tube with caps on the end is damn near impossible to manufacture.  
Let's get hung first...
Link Posted: 6/12/2017 10:24:35 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

This is the type of shit we have to watch out for. While I personally don't think they would be able to attach that particular poison pill (Outright handgun ban) and get away with it, I wouldn't put it past them to do something like mag bans or restrictions or any other number of stupid shit ideas like all new production pistols must have X as a safety device or some shit. Don't just pay attention to the Guns, Ammo and Mag's either... look for them to come after everything else that goes along with black rifles and a modern civilian gun owner as well.
View Quote
Or maybe the NRA will sell gun owners down the river with mandatory insurance and training... Not like they just started pushing those products.
Link Posted: 6/12/2017 10:24:59 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View Quote
They will be $20 in a few years.  22lr only, but cheap.
Link Posted: 6/12/2017 10:27:47 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
It's going to be just like 50 cal rifles.  People will squirm and bitch all night long about the cost of an AI or Barrett, but they get a little timid getting behind a $400 rifle, and for good reason.

There will be companies that make cheap cans if HPA passes and a lot of guys are going to buy them.  They're going to have all manner of problems with them and ultimately will learn the "buy once cry once" lesson.  It's just the way of the world.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thank you.

Not really.

Suppressors cost so much because they are marketed towards people who have enough disposable income to pay a $200 tax, and those people expect an extremely long lasting product in exchange for their expense and inconvenience. This is compounded by the regulatory burden of dealing in NFA transactions. Manufacturers, distributors, and retailers all need to make a big enough margin to make that pain worthwhile.

Pull suppressors out of the NFA, and all of that mostly goes away overnight. The tax goes away, and cans will go from manufacturers to consumers in a couple of weeks. Do you really think suppressors should cost more than AR barrels or magnified optics?

The real fun is going to be in the hardware store parts lists that pop up here on Arfcom. Guys are going to be making cans out of all kinds of crazy shit just because we can. You think it's going to stop at Maglight bodies and freeze plugs? People are going to be making science experiments out of PVC, conduit, copper pipe, aerosol cans, shop vac attachments, or whatever they think might be fun to duct tape to the end of a 10/22.
Link Posted: 6/12/2017 10:35:51 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View Quote
Rebel Silencers already offers cheap as hell cans. .22 for $99(currently plus transfer) and .300 Blackout for $299 plus transfer. I think if this passes they'll suddenly have a big run of sales.
Link Posted: 6/12/2017 10:38:35 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

The real fun is going to be in the hardware store parts lists that pop up here on Arfcom. Guys are going to be making cans out of all kinds of crazy shit just because we can. You think it's going to stop at Maglight bodies and freeze plugs? People are going to be making science experiments out of PVC, conduit, copper pipe, aerosol cans, shop vac attachments, or whatever they think might be fun to duct tape to the end of a 10/22.
View Quote
Remember the Palladin Press books? One of their books probably singlehandedly saved the existence of the AR-7.
Link Posted: 6/12/2017 10:40:37 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
725 to 1
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The real question is this, what are the odds it will pass?  
725 to 1
Link Posted: 6/12/2017 10:42:57 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Remember the Palladin Press books? One of their books probably singlehandedly saved the existence of the AR-7.
View Quote
I've never heard anything about this. Care to educate me?
Link Posted: 6/12/2017 10:43:02 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
We can haz suppressors?

Is there a way to attach a suppressor to a semi auto rifle or handgun without a threaded barrel or muzzle brake/comp/flash hider?

If not, NYers will only be able to use them on bolt guns and revolvers.
View Quote
Some enterprising person will make a clamp on one.
Link Posted: 6/12/2017 10:44:05 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View Quote
and UBC.. that would be my guesses..
Link Posted: 6/12/2017 10:44:25 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

DOESN'T

FUCKING

MATTER

You don't really think that the 2A was written in 1492, do you?  Please tell me you don't.
Link Posted: 6/12/2017 10:47:30 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
I'm going to write my rep and one of my senators and ask that they support this bill.

My other senator is Claire McCaskill. I won't be writing her, seeing how, as a rule, I don't waste time talking to arrogant jackasses.

FCM
View Quote
Should tell her on point of principle... "You don't support us, we won't support you..."
Link Posted: 6/12/2017 10:49:09 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Direct thread all aluminum can with 1 stainless baffle for 125.00. Replace baffles as needed for around 6.00 per. You spend as much as you want, I guess names somehow make a 60 degree cone quieter. It is not rocket surgery making a firearm suppressor.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They could be made even cheaper than that. I worked for an 07 that made cans, we were making aluminum .22 cans for around $12 in material. Cost per part was really low on labor too, especially because we were running around 1k-1.5k cans per order. On the bar fed lathes and Swiss turn centers they ran themselves all night. We would come in to a basket full of done baffles, endcaps or serialized tubes. They could retail at the $50- $75 mark and there would still be money to be made.
Link Posted: 6/12/2017 10:50:43 PM EDT
[#44]
If any legislation passes easing the restrictions of suppressor manufacturing and sales the economics won't allow for an 8 month catch period. There are plenty of ancillary manufacturers that have the capabilities to produce parts or even complete assemblies but do not get involved due to the current laws.

I've got multiple designs ready to go for additive manufacturing but can't afford the machine and I can't outsource it currently. Change the law and I'll have multiple designs printed by different bureaus within a week.

And on the additive note, DD missed the mark on their 3d printed suppressor by merely mimicking subtractive methods. The true beauty is being able to optimize the design without previous constraints.
Link Posted: 6/12/2017 10:52:35 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Might even see some wild innovation once people can play legally without worrying about getting screwed over.
View Quote
Yup I have many ideas to try, Just don't want to drop $200 on a SWAG.
Link Posted: 6/12/2017 10:56:16 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
You don't really think that the 2A was written in 1492, do you?  Please tell me you don't.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

DOESN'T

FUCKING

MATTER

13'er's
Link Posted: 6/12/2017 11:04:10 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
We can haz suppressors?

Is there a way to attach a suppressor to a semi auto rifle or handgun without a threaded barrel or muzzle brake/comp/flash hider?

If not, NYers will only be able to use them on bolt guns and revolvers.
And that enterprising person will have his ass sued into the ground when the baffle strikes start and somebody gets hurt.  Then the next guy will copy that design and the ID will go to twice the size of a normal can and the suppression will suck balls.  It'll sell about as well as the crazy ass pistol grip not a shoulder stock NY legal shoulder stock.  Aimless will have 3 of them.
Link Posted: 6/12/2017 11:04:51 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

DOESN'T

FUCKING

MATTER

Dude. Columbus' signature is right there!

He's a legal scholar. Try to keep up.
Link Posted: 6/12/2017 11:07:32 PM EDT
[#49]
I wonder if some of those parts are meant as sacrificial bargaining chips.

Getting rid of state and local laws against suppressors, the part about anything bigger than .50 cal no longer being a DD, and the bit in the HPA refunding $200 tax stamps are all nice to have in there. But they're not really high priority compared to the main point of taking suppressors off the NFA.

Once Democrats start calling it a threat to public safety and call for compromise, I suspect the removal of those parts will be offered up to satisfy them. Much better alternative than allowing tighter regulations on other things like mags and ammo to satisfy the need for compromise.
Link Posted: 6/12/2017 11:09:55 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

"Solvent traps","oil filter adapters",3D printing,etc.... will take up the slack.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
THIS!!!

Not only is it much easier to manufacture suppressors than rimfire ammunition, but the circumstances were much different. Newtown was an unforeseen event with tough political timing (Obama reelected), and people were panicking and hoarding.

HPA/SHARE would be the opposite of that. The entire industry is watching and quietly making plans, and manufacturers can gradually increase their level of investment as the bill passes. There will probably be an effective date that comes after Trump signs it. In the time between the Senate passing a bill and that bill going into effect, manufacturers can build a stock of inventory ready to roll on day 1. Pallets of suppressors, integrally suppressed firearms, and integrally suppressed uppers could be arriving at distributors within 48 hours.

That's my half way logic-based daydream, anyways.
Page / 28
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top