Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 9
Posted: 10/8/2016 12:01:35 AM EDT
Figure it's been done before, but we're doing it again.

I have seen the Berenstein vs. Berenstain Bears threads (it's Berenstein BTW), but I didn't realize there are many more anomalies from the past.

For instance, I had a C3P0 figurine as a kid and he was all gold.  How the fuck does he come up having a silver lower leg now?  Just got through watching the original Empire, and sure 'nuff he has a silver leg.  

There are a lot more instances, and I'm enjoying the ride especially since I like conspiracy theories, but this is really making me question my memories.

Discuss...
Link Posted: 10/8/2016 12:04:06 AM EDT
[#1]
I know 3PO got a red arm in the new movies.

If this is real then the implications are terrifying. If not then it's just people misrembering things.
Link Posted: 10/8/2016 12:08:12 AM EDT
[#2]
He never had no silver legs and I know the original movie script verbatim....
Link Posted: 10/8/2016 12:08:42 AM EDT
[#3]
Why is it called the Mandela Effect?
jaws and that girl in Moonraker really messed me up with doubting memories...
Link Posted: 10/8/2016 12:09:24 AM EDT
[#4]
C3po was all fucking gold until 3 months ago.  Now he had a silver fucking leg the whole time, fuck you he did not!
Link Posted: 10/8/2016 12:10:16 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 10/8/2016 12:11:06 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I know 3PO got a red arm in the new movies.

If this is real then the implications are terrifying. If not then it's just people misrembering things.
View Quote

The red arm is part of the new movie...no issues here.

As far as just misremembering things I could understand if it was just a few people, but there are huge blocks of people having the same "misrememberings".
Link Posted: 10/8/2016 12:12:13 AM EDT
[#7]
The original Kenner figures used a cheap plating that discolors with age. I have my original C3PO from when I was a kid and he is all silver. The heat and time in my parents attic turned him weird. Same with the Storm Trooper, he is piss yellow now along with my Hoth Luke.

And the Mandela Effect got its name from people swearing Nelson Mandela died in the 80s when he didn't.
Link Posted: 10/8/2016 12:13:42 AM EDT
[#8]
Berenstein
Link Posted: 10/8/2016 12:14:55 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote

I'm 41, but think I'm too young to have the Mandela memory, but I think many people remember him dieing back in the early 80s, but then redieing several years ago.
Link Posted: 10/8/2016 12:14:56 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote

People *swore* they could remember Nelson Mandelas funeral being in the 90's. Remember it on tv and everything, Bill Clinton gave a speech.
He died in 2013, but people popularly assumed it was in the mid-90s.

And 3po sometimes had a silver leg. My action figures were all gold. I had an Empire Strikes Back drinking glass from Burger King where his kleg is painted silver.
They were never consistent about it, so I can see the confusion there.
Link Posted: 10/8/2016 12:18:45 AM EDT
[#11]
Morgan Freeman was really good in Invictus.

Love the movie !

Plus I got introduced to the Haka.

Link Posted: 10/8/2016 12:19:09 AM EDT
[#12]
If you really want to talk old Star Wars toys and the Mandela Effect, who remembers having an original Luke action figure with a BLUE lightsaber?
Link Posted: 10/8/2016 12:21:21 AM EDT
[#13]
I had a 12 inch c3po I repainted silver just for the hell of it.  He was all gold.  

Life was like a box of chocolates?

Magic mirror on the wall?

Sex and the City?

Interview with the Vampire?

Sketchers, or Skechers?

Shit is really wierd,  not saying (for sure) parallel universe.  Just really wierd.
Link Posted: 10/8/2016 12:21:23 AM EDT
[#14]
Funny thing about memory is, that after you've remembered the event once, you no longer remember the event itself. You're just remembering the last time you remembered it. So details get lost, never to be remembered again, lost forever.

This is why the stories of eye witnesses to an event get further, and further apart with time.

I don't think we'll ever know exactly how the mind works. Weird stuff.
Link Posted: 10/8/2016 7:39:46 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I had a 12 inch c3po I repainted silver just for the hell of it.  He was all gold.  

Sex and the City?

Sketchers, or Skechers?

Shit is really wierd,  not saying (for sure) parallel universe.  Just really wierd.
View Quote

All 3 Disney nerds I know lost their minds when I brought that up. They all remembered it as "Mirror, mirror".

Also with Mandela, I have an aunt and uncle who thought he died in the 80's, they were confused when he died a few years ago. I'm too young to remember most of the 80's, was there a rumor that got around that he died then that may have caused thjs?
Link Posted: 10/8/2016 8:26:55 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote

What is different about Jaws?

I DO NOT remember C3PO having a silver leg, Gump saying was instead of is, I remember "Luke, I am you're father".

It's a strange subject matter.
Link Posted: 10/8/2016 8:28:52 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
C3po was all fucking gold until 3 months ago.  Now he had a silver fucking leg the whole time, fuck you he did not!
View Quote

Agreed.

Also, it is now "Nobody doesn't like Sara Lee"....   I remember it being "Nobody does it like Sara Lee."

And the bears....  Totally wrong...
Link Posted: 10/8/2016 8:29:25 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Berenstein
View Quote

Yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 10/8/2016 8:34:44 AM EDT
[#19]
Death to Ming
Link Posted: 10/8/2016 8:35:46 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

All 3 Disney nerds I know lost their minds when I brought that up. They all remembered it as "Mirror, mirror".

Also with Mandela, I have an aunt and uncle who thought he died in the 80's, they were confused when he died a few years ago. I'm too young to remember most of the 80's, was there a rumor that got around that he died then that may have caused thjs?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sex and the City?

Sketchers, or Skechers?

Im only 44 but i remember him dying in the late 80s ir early 90s..  

Also it was mirror mirror.... no way was it ever magic mirror... and also stein... so yeah its all pretty terrifying..
Link Posted: 10/8/2016 9:19:40 AM EDT
[#21]

This van never had a silver roof!

Link Posted: 10/8/2016 10:06:38 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Agreed.

Also, it is now "Nobody doesn't like Sara Lee"....   I remember it being "Nobody does it like Sara Lee."

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Agreed.

Ok, this is the first I heard of Sara Lee, and I agree with you.  It even had a jingle "Nobody does it quite like Sara Lee".
Link Posted: 10/8/2016 10:13:28 AM EDT
[#23]
Lends credence to the whole simulation thing.

Patch up dates altered official narrative because someone got lazy...
Link Posted: 10/8/2016 10:16:19 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Above.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Above.

Above above....
Link Posted: 10/8/2016 10:17:19 AM EDT
[#25]
None of the other stuff really resonates with me.....but the Moonraker thing...that really put the zap on my head.
Link Posted: 10/8/2016 10:19:59 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View Quote

What was the moonraker one about?
Link Posted: 10/8/2016 10:21:29 AM EDT
[#27]
Unless you watch the Laser Disc or VHS Star Wars original movies you can't say how they were originally.
Link Posted: 10/8/2016 10:36:39 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

but there are huge blocks of people having the same "misrememberings".
View Quote

Human brain has evolved to be both powerful and fast working with limited data.  It takes limited data and fills in the blanks.  This actively happens every second your eyes are open to cover a blind spot in your vision but also many other ways.  

If someone suffers a traumatic interaction with a guy whose face they never saw and then a face gets 'introduced' from the outside after the fact, the brain will re-write those memories to have the face in it.  This is how you end up with victims swearing on their life that person X did it even when there is DNA or an iron-clad alibi.  

Police Work is fraught with examples of multiple witnesses giving very different accounts, and not just things like 'how tall was he' differ.

The brain fills in the gaps in certain ways, which are sometimes predictable.  Something mostly 1 color = something entirely 1 color.   Stein being a much more common name ending than stain, the word being written in cursive, this is going to direct toward Berenstein.  I've even seen something where they showed people who never read the books 4 childrens books they never read then asked then to write down the names as a ruse about it being a test of memory.  Many people wrote down Berenstein 5 minutes after seeing Berenstain.
Link Posted: 10/8/2016 10:38:38 AM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 10/8/2016 10:41:00 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

In Moonraker, Jaws falls for Dolly, a blonde girl with pigtails and glasses.  She gives him a big smile and you can see she had braces, which was a funny visual gag, something they had in common.  I have this recollection, too.

If you watch Moonraker now, you will see her without braces.
Link Posted: 10/8/2016 10:43:20 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Ok, this is the first I heard of Sara Lee, and I agree with you.  It even had a jingle "Nobody does it quite like Sara Lee".
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Agreed.

Link Posted: 10/8/2016 10:43:30 AM EDT
[#32]
My daughter and I are running through the Lego Star Wars game. C3PO loses limbs all the time. Using available spare parts makes sense to me.

I don't remember the different colored leg in the movie.
Link Posted: 10/8/2016 10:45:18 AM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 10/8/2016 10:50:28 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Agreed.

The Sara Lee jingle was "Everybody doesn't like something, but nobody doesn't like Sara Lee."

Link Posted: 10/8/2016 10:51:07 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Human brain has evolved to be both powerful and fast working with limited data.  It takes limited data and fills in the blanks.  This actively happens every second your eyes are open to cover a blind spot in your vision but also many other ways.  

If someone suffers a traumatic interaction with a guy whose face they never saw and then a face gets 'introduced' from the outside after the fact, the brain will re-write those memories to have the face in it.  This is how you end up with victims swearing on their life that person X did it even when there is DNA or an iron-clad alibi.  

Police Work is fraught with examples of multiple witnesses giving very different accounts, and not just things like 'how tall was he' differ.

The brain fills in the gaps in certain ways, which are sometimes predictable.  Something mostly 1 color = something entirely 1 color.   Stein being a much more common name ending than stain, the word being written in cursive, this is going to direct toward Berenstein.  I've even seen something where they showed people who never read the books 4 childrens books they never read then asked then to write down the names as a ruse about it being a test of memory.  Many people wrote down Berenstein 5 minutes after seeing Berenstain.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

but there are huge blocks of people having the same "misrememberings".

It was Berenstein. I remember seeing the commercials on television almost nonstop as a kid. I was an A+ student at the time going to a Catholic school. At any given time I was reading 3 books. I was considered by all of my teachers (nuns) to be an excellent reader with above average comprehension skills. If it would have been Berenstain I would have remembered it as such, for a few reasons.

Eta: When I first heard of the Berensein thing I went to ebay to settle my curiosity. I just knew I could find an old Berenstein Bears book or toy with the correct spelling on it. I searched for old vintage books and toys. Every book, toy , everything was spelled Berenstain.
Link Posted: 10/8/2016 10:54:13 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
The Sara Lee jingle was "Everybody doesn't like something, but nobody doesn't like Sara Lee."

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Agreed.

I remember it as "Nobody does it like Sara Lee" on the top of the screen while on the bottom of the screen flashed "Nobody doesn't like Sara Lee."

Kind of a double play on words. But I've only seen that particular commercial a few times. I think it was short lived.
Link Posted: 10/8/2016 10:59:42 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

In Moonraker, Jaws falls for Dolly, a blonde girl with pigtails and glasses.  She gives him a big smile and you can see she had braces, which was a funny visual gag, something they had in common.  I have this recollection, too.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

She did have braces.
Link Posted: 10/8/2016 11:05:14 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

She did have braces.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

She did have braces.

Not in this timestream.
Link Posted: 10/8/2016 11:06:20 AM EDT
[#39]
Apparently^
Link Posted: 10/8/2016 11:10:57 AM EDT
[#40]
I remember C3PO's silver leg from when I was a kid.

I remember the Sara Lee jingle as, "Nobody doesn't like Sara Lee."

I remember giggling like a crazy child when I saw Dolly smile with those big braces.

Link Posted: 10/8/2016 11:13:26 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

View Quote
Mind. Blown.

Link Posted: 10/8/2016 11:14:51 AM EDT
[#42]
we are moving thru different realities with a slight difference in each one ... every time you go to sleep , its changed by some tiny decimal percentage when you wake up to keep you from figuring everything out . This is why you have dreams where you have figured it all out but when you wake up , it no longer applies to the reality you woke up in.

DONT GO TO SLEEP !!!!
Link Posted: 10/8/2016 11:15:13 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

I remember it as "Nobody does it like Sara Lee" on the top of the screen while on the bottom of the screen flashed "Nobody doesn't like Sara Lee."

Kind of a double play on words. But I've only seen that particular commercial a few times. I think it was short lived.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Agreed.

Right now I could swear I remember the jingle "Nobody does it quite like Sara Lee".

But I don't believe I've jump into a parallel universe. I know my memories are not actual memories of things, they're memories of the last time I remembered something.   With each remembrance subtle details are charged, and the memory changes or erodes, just like a recording of a recording is less than the original.    

...and yes, the "Mandela effect" proves one thing.  Human memory, and eyewitness testimony, is far from 100% reliable.  

Link Posted: 10/8/2016 11:17:05 AM EDT
[#44]
Glitches in the matrix....
Link Posted: 10/8/2016 11:19:31 AM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 10/8/2016 11:19:34 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
I remember C3PO's silver leg from when I was a kid.

I remember the Sara Lee jingle as, "Nobody doesn't like Sara Lee."

I remember giggling like a crazy child when I saw Dolly smile with those big braces.

View Quote

You're one of the originals in this time stream.  

All of us other ones that don't remember shifted into this one somehow.
Link Posted: 10/8/2016 11:24:04 AM EDT
[#47]
Guy buys a 34 years old vhs copy of the movie. She has no braces in it. But EVERYONE remembers braces.

http://youtube.com/?#/watch?v=1bMfjg96kNM

Alternate universe
Link Posted: 10/8/2016 11:32:53 AM EDT
[#48]
I remember it as Bernstein Bears.
Link Posted: 10/8/2016 11:36:55 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
He never had no silver legs and I know the original movie script verbatim....
View Quote

So he always had silver legs? Or are we in the ghetto?
Link Posted: 10/8/2016 11:38:30 AM EDT
[#50]
It was always spelled "Chic-Fil-a" not chick fil a. I, and everyone else I ask never remember a K.

It was also always "if you build it, they will come."  Not if you build it HE will come.

It was also Oscar MEYER. Not oscar mAyer. There was never an A.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 9
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top