Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 9
Posted: 6/27/2016 10:12:51 AM EDT
WASHINGTON (AP) — The Supreme Court has struck down Texas' widely replicated regulation of abortion clinics in the court's biggest abortion case in nearly a quarter century.

The justices voted 5-3 Monday in favor of Texas clinics that protested the regulations as a thinly veiled attempt to make it harder for women to get an abortion in the nation's second-most populous state.

Justice Stephen Breyer's majority opinion for the court held that the regulations are medically unnecessary and unconstitutionally limit a woman's right to an abortion.

Texas had argued that its 2013 law and subsequent regulations were needed to protect women's health. The rules required doctors who perform abortions to have admitting privileges at nearby hospitals and forced clinics to meet hospital-like standards for outpatient surgery.

http://bigstory.ap.org/article/654afc839388440f8a4efc2eb22ca41a/supreme-court-strikes-down-texas-abortion-clinic
Link Posted: 6/27/2016 10:14:13 AM EDT
[#1]
Murder on demand.
Link Posted: 6/27/2016 10:14:56 AM EDT
[#2]
I don't know about the case, I'm just here to say FUCK SCOTUS. When a few lawyers feel one way the constitution has an different meaning? We need serious judicial reforms and we need them now.
Link Posted: 6/27/2016 10:15:05 AM EDT
[#3]
so we don't actually care whether abortions are safe or not.

I hope texas ignores the ruling.

that's what Obama does.
Link Posted: 6/27/2016 10:15:28 AM EDT
[#4]
FPNI
Link Posted: 6/27/2016 10:16:29 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

that's what Obama does.
View Quote

After Gosnell was ignored by the media and the majority of the public I had no doubt about this ruling.
Link Posted: 6/27/2016 10:16:33 AM EDT
[#6]
Good ruling....Can't have too many abortion clinics IMHO.
Link Posted: 6/27/2016 10:16:46 AM EDT
[#7]
Well, they can ignore the ruling like other states do with firearm rulings
Link Posted: 6/27/2016 10:18:07 AM EDT
[#8]
Good.
Link Posted: 6/27/2016 10:18:09 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

that's what Obama does.
View Quote

Bullshit. I am not really a supporter of abortion but that law and similar laws are stealth attempts to end the practice. It isn't about "safety". It is attempt to end it through regulation.
Link Posted: 6/27/2016 10:18:23 AM EDT
[#10]

Mixed feelings. I don't have much issue with very early abortions. (Late term IMHO is where to me it's pretty much murder unless justification like medical reasons or rape.)

I DO think they should have basic hospital-style standards for the clinics though like oxygen, biohazard disposal, an A.E.D., trained staff, etc.

Same with dentists, etc. they're all doctors in some way or another, so I don't see why they shouldn't have to have the same common qualifications since surgery is surgery no matter what type of surgery it is, shit can go horribly wrong just like that.

Link Posted: 6/27/2016 10:18:50 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

that's what Obama does.
View Quote

We can just change the rule very very slightly, and make them go through this all over again.  Like DC did after Heller.
Link Posted: 6/27/2016 10:20:07 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Mixed feelings. I don't have much issue with very early abortions. (Late term IMHO is where to me it's pretty much murder without justification like medical reasons or rape.)

I DO think they should have basic hospital-style standards for the clinics though like oxygen, biohazard disposal, an A.E.D., trained staff, etc.

Same with dentists, etc. they're all doctors in some way or another, so I don't see why they shouldn't have to have the same common qualifications since surgery is surgery no matter what type of surgery it is, shit can go horribly wrong just like that.

View Quote

The leftists are demanding they get the dangerous, back-alley abortions they railed against a few decades ago.
Link Posted: 6/27/2016 10:20:50 AM EDT
[#13]
Who would be surprised by this?
Link Posted: 6/27/2016 10:21:34 AM EDT
[#14]
Good. If you're going to attack something, do it outright. Liberals and Democrats attack things they don't lIke with incrimental legislation.  This BS about the government making personal choices for people is killing the Republican party.
Link Posted: 6/27/2016 10:21:37 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Bullshit. I am not really a supporter of abortion but that law and similar laws are stealth attempts to end the practice. It isn't about "safety". It is attempt to end it through regulation.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

that's what Obama does.

BS

Link Posted: 6/27/2016 10:22:14 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

that's what Obama does.

Nothing is ending abortion. If an infant survivies an abortion proceedure (which happens) a facility needs the means to keep the infant alive.
Link Posted: 6/27/2016 10:22:39 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

that's what Obama does.

Oh well.

If the courts want to make law instead of legislatures elected by the people, these things will happen.
Link Posted: 6/27/2016 10:24:21 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View Quote

Nope, I certainly don't care.

For all I care someone can open a clinic with a big ass coat-hanger hanging outside advertising their vocation.
Link Posted: 6/27/2016 10:24:47 AM EDT
[#19]
I was against abortion until I realized who the majority of the people were that are having abortions. My wallet is okay with this and so am I
Link Posted: 6/27/2016 10:25:40 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

FPNI
View Quote
NEVER get in the way of a Democrat hell bent on murdering an unborn child.

I swear, the blood of the unborn must be what keeps them going with the way they defend it.

Truly heartbreaking and sickening.

Link Posted: 6/27/2016 10:26:50 AM EDT
[#21]
Protecting women...well except the pre born women....

56 million abortions since Roe v Wade figure roughly 28 million female pre-born babies brutally killed....
Link Posted: 6/27/2016 10:27:47 AM EDT
[#22]
Key detail is "undue burden" and how that detail can be used elsewhere.
Link Posted: 6/27/2016 10:28:16 AM EDT
[#23]
so... just change the rules SLIGHTLY, and put them back up.... make them go all the way back to the supreme court again..... just like Washington dc and new York do over guns.
Link Posted: 6/27/2016 10:28:35 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

that's what Obama does.
View Quote

Spot on.
Might as well open some clinics up in back alleys and start using coat hangers again......Fuck women's health.  Oh, and Fuck the SCOTUS.  
Link Posted: 6/27/2016 10:29:21 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

We can just change the rule very very slightly, and make them go through this all over again.  Like DC did after Heller.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

that's what Obama does.

That would be funny...
Link Posted: 6/27/2016 10:29:56 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Good.
View Quote

Link Posted: 6/27/2016 10:30:24 AM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 6/27/2016 10:30:48 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
I don't know about the case, I'm just here to say FUCK SCOTUS. When a few lawyers feel one way the constitution has an different meaning? We need serious judicial reforms and we need them now.
View Quote

Let us all pause an envision SCOTUS in 2025 after 8 years of Hellary.
Link Posted: 6/27/2016 10:32:25 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
BS  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

that's what Obama does.

BS  

Yes, it is. The states that have similar regulations have strong anti-abortion views. Abortion is legal; therefore, those states can't make the practice illegal. Those states pass regulations that basically end the practice in their states under the guise of safety.

The Government of Mississippi made it clear that their end goal is to end the practice:

https://rewire.news/article/2014/01/31/mississippi-gov-phil-bryant-goal-end-abortion-mississippi/

Bryant also said last year that his goal was to shut down the state’s last clinic, and Rep. Sam Mims (R-McComb), who sponsored the admitting privileges bill, told Politico that the intent of the legislation was to lead to fewer abortions being performed in the state. Pro-choice advocates argue that public statements like these about the law’s intent should hurt the law’s chances in court.
Link Posted: 6/27/2016 10:34:13 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

that's what Obama does.

Yes. It's a shame people here can't recognize this tactic since it's the favorite democrat method of gun control.
Link Posted: 6/27/2016 10:35:53 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Yes. It's a shame people here can't recognize this tactic since it's the favorite democrat method of gun control.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

that's what Obama does.

Its a shame people here can't recognize what is, and what is not, a constitutional right.
Link Posted: 6/27/2016 10:37:27 AM EDT
[#32]
Their body, their rules
Link Posted: 6/27/2016 10:38:48 AM EDT
[#33]
the old mantra  'safe and legal'

the new mantra 'any time,  anywhere'
Link Posted: 6/27/2016 10:40:41 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

that's what Obama does.

Duh. Of course that's what it is.

Of course SCOTUS thinks this is horrible for abortion (which isn't anywhere in the Constitution or Amendments) but is just dandy and fine for guns.
Link Posted: 6/27/2016 10:40:43 AM EDT
[#35]
The more time window licking conservatives spend on what women do to their own bodies, is less time they could be focusing on the real issues that will affect this country.

Cancer = growing cells in a body that are evil
Fetus = growing cells in a body that are magical

You get butthurt when liberals inject their morality about banning guns but think you are superior when you inject your morality about abortion.

The women having abortions are generally not the cream of the crop, therefore saving the population lots of time and money later on in life when the spawn end up incarcerated.
Link Posted: 6/27/2016 10:40:45 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

that's what Obama does.

I don't see how people aren't picking up on it either. This is the exact same tactic they're trying to employ on us with gun control. This is a useful ruling that should be applied elsewhere.
Link Posted: 6/27/2016 10:41:34 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

that's what Obama does.

Bullshit, those horror shows that attempt to claim they are for women's health are an abomination to the medical industry. What needs to happen in the next legislative session in Texas is to indemnify every single one of these butcher shops against medical malpractice claims.

"Oh, sorry sweetie, you didn't want them held to the same standards as your dermatologist for an invasive surgical procedure? Well, guess what? You can't sue them now because they don't have to follow the same rules as everyone else."

Yay, womyn's health! Achtung, Murder Uber Alles!  We'll stay out of your uterus, you stay out of our courts.

Link Posted: 6/27/2016 10:41:39 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Demonstrating yet once again the Depravity of Man.

View Quote

As a nation, if for no other reason, we deserve the wrath and judgment of God for what we do to unborn children in the name of convince.
Link Posted: 6/27/2016 10:42:49 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

The more time window licking conservatives spend on what women do to their own bodies, is less time they could be focusing on the real issues that will affect this country.

Fetus = growing cells in a body that are magical is another human being

You get butthurt when liberals inject their morality about banning guns but think you are superior when you inject your morality about abortion.

The women having abortions are generally not the cream of the crop, therefore saving the population lots of time and money later on in life when the spawn end up incarcerated.
View Quote

One slight difference, but whatever...
Link Posted: 6/27/2016 10:42:50 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View Quote

As long as hey keep the mills going......
Link Posted: 6/27/2016 10:43:08 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

I swear, the blood of the unborn must be what keeps them going with the way they defend it.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

FPNI

That would explain the way that George Soros, Bill Clinton and Hillary Clinton look.
Link Posted: 6/27/2016 10:44:27 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

I don't see how people aren't picking up on it either. This is the exact same tactic they're trying to employ on us with gun control. This is a useful ruling that should be applied elsewhere.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

that's what Obama does.

You think that this ruling can be applied elsewhere...to support gun rights?  
Link Posted: 6/27/2016 10:45:06 AM EDT
[#43]
Only gun rights are subject to regulations.
Link Posted: 6/27/2016 10:45:23 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

View Quote

Since Roe v. Wade, has spending on the FSA increased or decreased? That is a fallacy that keeps getting repeated and it doesn't bear out.
Link Posted: 6/27/2016 10:45:24 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
View Quote

This is all it is.  Pure and simple.

I do not wish to live in a theocracy, but I'd rather live under the rule of one (even one I don't agree with or believe in) than allow the murder of innocent babies.
Link Posted: 6/27/2016 10:45:45 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

that's what Obama does.

You think that, but it won't happen

SCOTUS refused to take a case that directly related to Heller. They will never apply abortion rulings to guns.
Link Posted: 6/27/2016 10:45:56 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

that's what Obama does.

That law was passed in the wake of the Kermit Gosnell trial, and after finding out that many abortion "clinics" operated under the same unsanitary and dangerous conditions.

The women using those clinics were in physical danger, and these regulations are fully justified.

Your post on this matter either displays ignorance beyond belief, or a very disingenuous approach to showing us a "dissenting opinion".  Educate yourself and get back to us.
Link Posted: 6/27/2016 10:46:23 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

As a nation, if for no other reason, we deserve the wrath and judgment of God for what we do to unborn children in the name of convince.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

LOL.....But the very same peeps will expound on the "merits" of early voting in their states for the same reason. "Mah Time".  

Your God is not important to me......A honest voting process is.
Link Posted: 6/27/2016 10:46:33 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View Quote

Not really, I use to drive by downtown San Antonio's big abortion mill all the time. I regularly saw the EMS meat wagon parked out front with the lights flashing. My take away is that they are butchers that blow the outpatient surgeries and then dump them on the local hospitals.  

It is not about women's health; it about reducing the surplus population.
Link Posted: 6/27/2016 10:46:42 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

All laws are injecting morality on others. All of them.

Deer = group of cells that runs around consuming food that is okay to eat
People = groups of cells that runs around consuming food that are magical

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 9
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top