Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 9
Link Posted: 6/27/2016 10:46:49 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I don't see how people aren't picking up on it either. This is the exact same tactic they're trying to employ on us with gun control. This is a useful ruling that should be applied elsewhere.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
so we don't actually care whether abortions are safe or not.

I hope texas ignores the ruling.

that's what Obama does.

Bullshit. I am not really a supporter of abortion but that law and similar laws are stealth attempts to end the practice. It isn't about "safety". It is attempt to end it through regulation.

Yes. It's a shame people here can't recognize this tactic since it's the favorite democrat method of gun control.

I don't see how people aren't picking up on it either. This is the exact same tactic they're trying to employ on us with gun control. This is a useful ruling that should be applied elsewhere.

The idea that the SC idiots would apply the same sort of standards to an enumerated right is insane,

When are people going to wake up to the fact that the Constitution is dead, and looking to 9 robed gov officials for help is equally insane.

The robed fucksticks who people look to as the end all be all of what's legal are fucking government hacks.

And they're lawyers to boot.
Link Posted: 6/27/2016 10:46:51 AM EDT
[#2]
GOOD!
Link Posted: 6/27/2016 10:54:44 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

This is all it is.  Pure and simple.

I do not wish to live in a theocracy, but I'd rather live under the rule of one (even one I don't agree with or believe in) than allow the murder of innocent babies.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Demonstrating yet once again the Depravity of Man.

I do not wish to live in a theocracy, but I'd rather live under the rule of one (even one I don't agree with or believe in) than allow the murder of innocent babies.

Yet, you live in a state that has the death penalty and uses it. Hypocrisy for the win!
Link Posted: 6/27/2016 10:55:51 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 6/27/2016 10:59:23 AM EDT
[#5]
This will be enforced before the ink is dry while DC is still thumbing it's nose at Heller 8 years later.
Link Posted: 6/27/2016 10:59:48 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 6/27/2016 11:01:09 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 6/27/2016 11:01:59 AM EDT
[#8]
Ask for too much, don't be surprised if you end up getting nothing.
Link Posted: 6/27/2016 11:02:44 AM EDT
[#9]
Conservatives really do have much more important things to be spending their efforts and attention on. Worrying about this issue is like fussing over a leaking toilet when Hurricane Katrina is on the horizon.
Link Posted: 6/27/2016 11:03:36 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 6/27/2016 11:04:38 AM EDT
[#11]
Agree or disagree with abortion, but this law is the same type of thing that liberals do when they're restricting gun rights. Reasonable restrictions, common sense, safety, etc. etc.
Link Posted: 6/27/2016 11:04:39 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

The idea that the SC idiots would apply the same sort of standards to an enumerated right is insane,

When are people going to wake up to the fact that the Constitution is dead, and looking to 9 robed gov officials for help is equally insane.

The robed fucksticks who people look to as the end all be all of what's legal are fucking government hacks.

And they're lawyers to boot.
View Quote

Pretty much.
Link Posted: 6/27/2016 11:05:15 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 6/27/2016 11:05:30 AM EDT
[#14]
maybe if conservatives spent less time on what people do with their bodies they could win an election
Link Posted: 6/27/2016 11:06:25 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 6/27/2016 11:06:32 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Since Roe v. Wade, has spending on the FSA increased or decreased? That is a fallacy that keeps getting repeated and it doesn't bear out.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The women having abortions are generally not the cream of the crop, therefore saving the population lots of time and money later on in life when the spawn end up incarcerated.

Since Roe v. Wade, has spending on the FSA increased or decreased? That is a fallacy that keeps getting repeated and it doesn't bear out.

Overall births have increased since Roe v Wade, therefore Roe v Wade had no effect on the number of children born in the US.  That's effectively the same argument you're making.  The fact that the spending has increased doesn't mean it wouldn't have increased more had more unwanted children been born.  The "average" woman who receives an abortion would be an unmarried (85%) minority (64%) who makes less than $24k a year (69%).  The number of those children who would end up on the welfare rosters would greatly exceed the overall population ratios.
Link Posted: 6/27/2016 11:07:08 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
yup  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Agree or disagree with abortion, but this law is the same type of thing that liberals do when they're restricting gun rights. Reasonable restrictions, common sense, safety, etc. etc.
yup  

Very much so.
Link Posted: 6/27/2016 11:07:18 AM EDT
[#18]
FTPNI

Link Posted: 6/27/2016 11:07:24 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Mixed feelings. I don't have much issue with very early abortions. (Late term IMHO is where to me it's pretty much murder unless justification like medical reasons or rape.)

I DO think they should have basic hospital-style standards for the clinics though like oxygen, biohazard disposal, an A.E.D., trained staff, etc.

Same with dentists, etc. they're all doctors in some way or another, so I don't see why they shouldn't have to have the same common qualifications since surgery is surgery no matter what type of surgery it is, shit can go horribly wrong just like that.

View Quote

Oral surgeons do have hospital privileges.
Link Posted: 6/27/2016 11:08:04 AM EDT
[#20]
Not my people, not my problem.

While I oppose abortion from a moral view, I realize it does not effect me and I cannot stop it, and therefore will not devote any headspace to worrying or even thinking about it. Further, the people who utilize abortion services are likely not my moral, philosophical, or political peers. If Democrats want to extinguish future Democrats, it would be stupid of me to devote energy or resources to stop them.
Link Posted: 6/27/2016 11:08:50 AM EDT
[#21]
Sounds like a "war" on women

Quoted:
Protecting women...well except the pre born women....

56 million abortions since Roe v Wade figure roughly 28 million female pre-born babies brutally killed....
View Quote

Link Posted: 6/27/2016 11:08:58 AM EDT
[#22]
Why do we want libs to not have abortions? The more of their own young they kill the less future commies there will be.
Link Posted: 6/27/2016 11:09:07 AM EDT
[#23]
Well, at least there will be less democrats in TX.......

Link Posted: 6/27/2016 11:09:54 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Kermit Gosnell.

Look that shit up.

Standards that an abortion clinic should be at least as regulated as a fucking dentist's office are not unreasonable.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Bullshit. I am not really a supporter of abortion but that law and similar laws are stealth attempts to end the practice. It isn't about "safety". It is attempt to end it through regulation.

Kermit Gosnell.

Look that shit up.

Standards that an abortion clinic should be at least as regulated as a fucking dentist's office are not unreasonable.

Does your dentist have admitting privileges at the local hospital?  It never occurred to me to ask mine.
Link Posted: 6/27/2016 11:10:56 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Here is a start
Link Posted: 6/27/2016 11:11:15 AM EDT
[#26]
The KKK should give Planned Parenthood a lifetime achievement award for killing more blacks than they could ever dream of. Hey Black Lives Matter how does it feel to make white leftists rich off your dead babies?

If it was white women lining up for abortions you know damn well there would be regulations for clinics.
Link Posted: 6/27/2016 11:11:45 AM EDT
[#27]
Texit
Link Posted: 6/27/2016 11:11:59 AM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 6/27/2016 11:12:59 AM EDT
[#29]
Texas should ignore the ruling and go about enforcing their law. After all, that's the precedent the fucktard in chief has set.
Link Posted: 6/27/2016 11:14:23 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Oh come on, these laws weren't passed to "make abortions safe" they were passed to make running an abortion clinic hard or impossible through unnecessary red tape which I bet is not required for other outpatient procedures.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

that's what Obama does.
Oh come on, these laws weren't passed to "make abortions safe" they were passed to make running an abortion clinic hard or impossible through unnecessary red tape which I bet is not required for other outpatient procedures.  

Nothing good politically comes from opposing/back door restricting it.

Just turn on the news if you want to see the truth in that.....The RTL bunch is getting hammered at all of our expense.  

Texans that supported the law are looking like a bunch of backwater anti-woman hicks and religious nut-jobs. FHRC and Abortion Barbie are making hay off of it big time.

Way to go Texas. Texit can't come soon enough to suit me.

Link Posted: 6/27/2016 11:15:02 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

that's what Obama does.

You are naive and ignorant if you think abortions has stopped happening even under these regulations for the last three years.  The abortionists are still killing babies on demand and there has been no denial of services for women who seeks it.  "Not really a supporter" tells me that you DO support it if it concerns you.
Link Posted: 6/27/2016 11:15:41 AM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 6/27/2016 11:16:37 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Yet, you live in a state that has the death penalty and uses it. Hypocrisy for the win!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

1.  I never said *I* supported the death penalty or not.  Surely you aren't idiotic enough to think that you are personally represented by every law in your state?  Only a moron would make that argument.  

2.  What does the killing of a human in punishment for crimes, have to do with the killing of innocents?  See #1 above for the kind of person who would make such a comparison.
Link Posted: 6/27/2016 11:17:13 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
I don't know about the case, I'm just here to say FUCK SCOTUS. When a few lawyers feel one way the constitution has an different meaning? We need serious judicial reforms and we need them now.
View Quote

This.

Plus the laughable idea that their law degrees confer on them the knowledge to judge medical procedures.
Link Posted: 6/27/2016 11:17:40 AM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 6/27/2016 11:18:37 AM EDT
[#36]
Time for a Texit so we can ban it.
Link Posted: 6/27/2016 11:19:06 AM EDT
[#37]
From Thomas' dissent, and why you'll never see such a spirited defense of the 2A from SCOTUS

If our recent cases illustrate anything, it is how easily the Court tinkers with levels of scrutiny to achieve its desired result. This Term, it is easier for a State to survive strict scrutiny despite discriminating on the basis of race in college admissions than it is for the same State to regulate how abortion doctors and clinics operate under the putatively less stringent undue-burden test. All the State apparently needs to show to survive strict scrutiny is a list of aspirational educational goals (such as the “cultivat[ion of] a set of leaders with legitimacy in the eyes of the citizenry”) and a “reasoned, principled explanation” for why it is pursuing them—then this Court defers. Fisher v. University of Tex. at Austin, ante, at 7, 12 (internal quotation marks omitted). Yet the same State gets no deference under the undue-burden test, despite producing evidence that abortion safety, one rationale for Texas’ law, is medically debated. See Whole Woman’s Health v. Lakey, 46 F. Supp.3d 673, 684 (WD Tex. 2014) (noting conflict in expert testimony about abortion safety). Likewise, it is now easier for the government to restrict judicial candidates’ campaign speech than for the Government to define marriage—even though the former is subject to strict scrutiny and the latter was supposedly subject to some form of rational-basis review. Compare Williams-Yulee v. Florida Bar, 575 U. S. ___, ___–___ (2015) (slip op., at 8–9), with United States v. Windsor, 570 U. S. ___, ___ (2013) (slip op., at 20).

These more recent decisions reflect the Court’s tendency to relax purportedly higher standards of review for lesspreferred rights. E.g., Nixon v. Shrink Missouri Government PAC, 528 U. S. 377, 421 (2000) (THOMAS, J., dissenting) (“The Court makes no effort to justify its deviation from the tests we traditionally employ in free speech cases” to review caps on political contributions). Meanwhile, the Court selectively applies rational-basis review— under which the question is supposed to be whether “any state of facts reasonably may be conceived to justify” the law, McGowan v. Maryland, 366 U. S. 420, 426 (1961)— with formidable toughness. E.g., Lawrence, 539 U. S., at 580 (O’Connor, J., concurring in judgment) (at least in equal protection cases, the Court is “most likely” to find no rational basis for a law if “the challenged legislation inhibits personal relationships”); see id., at 586 (Scalia, J., dissenting) (faulting the Court for applying “an unheard-of form of rational-basis review”).

These labels now mean little. Whatever the Court claims to be doing, in practice it is treating its “doctrine referring to tiers of scrutiny as guidelines informing our approach to the case at hand, not tests to be mechanically applied.” Williams-Yulee, supra, at ___ (slip op., at 1) (BREYER, J., concurring). The Court should abandon the pretense that anything other than policy preferences underlies its balancing of constitutional rights and interests in any given case.
View Quote
Link Posted: 6/27/2016 11:19:30 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Good ruling....Can't have too many abortion clinics IMHO.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Good ruling....Can't have too many abortion clinics IMHO.

Quoted:

This.
Link Posted: 6/27/2016 11:20:40 AM EDT
[#39]
Strike down this law in record time, but holy shit 15 gun cases are ignored and Peru ta in the 9th is going on its SEVENTH YEAR IN LITIGATION.
Link Posted: 6/27/2016 11:21:39 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
I was against abortion until I realized who the majority of the people were that are having abortions. My wallet is okay with this and so am I
View Quote

This.

TC
Link Posted: 6/27/2016 11:22:00 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Quite a number of pro-abortion legislators in the states that passed these laws voted FOR them, folks. Some were even co-sponsored by pro-abortion legislators. Because even most of the pro-abortion side was horrified by the total lack of standards that allowed Gosnell to operate.
View Quote

Quite a few "pro-gun" legislators sponsor and/or vote for "common sense" gun legislation after things like Sandy Hook and the Orlando shooting.  Knee jerk reactions to shocking statistical outliers is neither uncommon nor necessarily a good thing.
Link Posted: 6/27/2016 11:23:34 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

You talking about the babies?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Their body, their rules

You talking about the babies?

No no no. They're not babies, remember?  They're just clumps of cells.  Say it with me.  Clumps. Of. Cells.  

Repeat that over and over until you believe it.
Link Posted: 6/27/2016 11:23:51 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yea, because there is no difference between an unborn child and a convicted murder.
Link Posted: 6/27/2016 11:26:39 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
The more time window licking conservatives spend on what women do to their own bodies, is less time they could be focusing on the real issues that will affect this country.

Cancer = growing cells in a body that are evil
Fetus = growing cells in a body that are magical

You get butthurt when liberals inject their morality about banning guns but think you are superior when you inject your morality about abortion.

The women having abortions are generally not the cream of the crop, therefore saving the population lots of time and money later on in life when the spawn end up incarcerated.
View Quote

Cancer doesn't have a beating heart or functioning brain.
Link Posted: 6/27/2016 11:27:48 AM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 6/27/2016 11:29:44 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

that's what Obama does.

So?   Supreme court issuing Roe Vs. Wade was bullshit.  When the Supreme Court rules that the government can confiscate ar-15s, we will 3 choices;

1.  Ignore the ruling at all lower levels of government.
2.  Hand them in to be crushed.
3.  Use them on agents of the government, as the Founders intended.

When the Court is contemptible, contempt of court isn't a crime, it is a duty.
Link Posted: 6/27/2016 11:31:10 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
I haven't read the decision yet but I'd like to cash in one "I told you so"
View Quote
This.  Roe v. Wade set the legal precedent, the Texas law was unnecessarily restrictive on a Constitutional right.  A lot of abortions are done by taking a pill.  You don't need a level one trauma center to administer pills.
Link Posted: 6/27/2016 11:31:10 AM EDT
[#48]
SCOTUS was 2 for 2 today.

The Supreme Court ruled today in favor of the plaintiff in McDonnell V. United States, overturning ex-Governor Bob McDonnell's conviction on corruption charges.
Link Posted: 6/27/2016 11:32:07 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Their body, their rules
View Quote

Link Posted: 6/27/2016 11:32:35 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

that's what Obama does.

So you really ARE a supporter of abortion.
Page / 9
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top