Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 9
Posted: 6/14/2016 1:22:36 PM EDT
Many of us on this site unfortunately predicted these lone wolf or detached autonomous cell attacks with rifles on soft targets like malls, clubs, etc, back a half dozen years ago. Now that the terrorists have hit hard in that manner, they are at the point of no return in their war on us. They cannot turn back, and it is time for them to escalate it.

Start looking soon, in the coming months for roadside bombs and VBIEDs , because as we start to increase awareness and putting things in place to stop the mass shootings, they will move to other methods including suicide vests.

I hate to say this, and I know I'm not the only one thinking this here, but they have enough people with the knowledge to carry out the IED and VIED attacks in country now. We've let enough of them go overseas and receive training and return , that they are prepared to wage war on us here at home. The US will look like the Middle East soon, and at that point the politicians will enact what will essentially be a police state.

Terrible days ahead.
Link Posted: 6/14/2016 1:23:44 PM EDT
[#1]
I hope you are wrong.
You are probably right.
Link Posted: 6/14/2016 1:25:42 PM EDT
[#2]
Agreed.
Link Posted: 6/14/2016 1:27:48 PM EDT
[#3]
If that sort of activity started up here, the reaction would likely be swift and without mercy.
Link Posted: 6/14/2016 1:29:07 PM EDT
[#4]
Yessir.  Been saying the same thing for years as well.  It's not if, it's when.  They will only become more emboldened with each successful attack.
Link Posted: 6/14/2016 1:29:23 PM EDT
[#5]
Seem to recall that some IED type devices were found in Texas back in 07, or so?
Link Posted: 6/14/2016 1:29:27 PM EDT
[#6]
I am honestly surprised it hasn't happened already. The Islamists have got to know by know by now that a shooting isn't going to change America fundamentally.
Link Posted: 6/14/2016 1:29:45 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
If that sort of activity started up here, the reaction would likely be swift and without mercy.
View Quote

The reaction from citizens exacting vigilante justice may be.  This government, no matter what party is in charge will NEVER react without mercy to those who deserve it, they will ALWAYS use those acts to shackle the law abiding citizenry.
Link Posted: 6/14/2016 1:31:02 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

I am honestly surprised it hasn't happened already. The Islamists have got to know by know by now that a shooting isn't going to change America fundamentally.
View Quote
Seewhatudidthere.jpg

Link Posted: 6/14/2016 1:31:11 PM EDT
[#9]
Our Texas cities are already at max capacity concerning traffic, people, etc.

Even rumors or a threat of something happening will stir the pot greatly.

Too bad we have people with their heads so far up their asses, that only see skin color, that can't come together as a country and flush this shit out.
Link Posted: 6/14/2016 1:31:41 PM EDT
[#10]
Ok...but there's not a lot of unsecured stockpiles of artillery shells laying around.
Hope your wrong though
Link Posted: 6/14/2016 1:32:05 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote

This.  It does them no good except for getting media attention.  

Their strategy is to use our freedoms against us to accelerate a police state.  Roadside bombs do not restrict freedoms.
Link Posted: 6/14/2016 1:32:32 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Seem to recall that some IED type devices were found in Texas back in 07, or so?
View Quote

They found some "IED" devices in North Central Texas near a bridge just a few months back, I believe they just got attributed to some local yokels.
Link Posted: 6/14/2016 1:33:01 PM EDT
[#13]
OP may be right but shootings have the added effect of manipulating politics and restrictions on rights.  VBIEDS will scare and kill but nobody is going to ban cars.
Link Posted: 6/14/2016 1:33:59 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

View Quote

If Democrats can get more gun laws passed in the wake of one, then yeah they have fundamentally changed America.

Having said that, yeah I wouldn't be surprised if we don't start seeing more explosives used in attacks.

Link Posted: 6/14/2016 1:34:33 PM EDT
[#15]
My daily driver is a 94 Nissan pickup with two-wheel drive and four cylinder engine.

Guess I better start loading it with sandbags
Link Posted: 6/14/2016 1:36:53 PM EDT
[#16]
What amazes me is that the US would just "take it" rather than rounding up all the obvious potential terrorists.
Link Posted: 6/14/2016 1:37:08 PM EDT
[#17]
I am surprised they haven't driven a tanker truck into a mall.
Link Posted: 6/14/2016 1:38:45 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote

Eh, I don't think so. I think we'd get years of the left using it as a hammer to punish the right and consolidate their power.
Link Posted: 6/14/2016 1:39:23 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote

Don't bet on it.

The American resolve has been "fundamentally transformed" by pajama boy libtards.

Link Posted: 6/14/2016 1:39:30 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View Quote

Are you living in the same united states I am?

The president would get online and blather about banning something that would have had no effect.   People would change their pictures on facebook, and that would be the end of it til the next one.
Link Posted: 6/14/2016 1:41:05 PM EDT
[#21]
Nothing would help our struggle more to tighten the borders and immigration laws than stateside ied's.
Link Posted: 6/14/2016 1:41:14 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Ok...but there's not a lot of unsecured stockpiles of artillery shells laying around.
Hope your wrong though
View Quote

Thats what I was wondering about.  I realize it's possible to make things go boom without having access to military grade explosives - but that does seem to be the favorite medium of bombers.

How hard is it to get high energy explosives in the US?  I presume it would be difficult to obtain some explosives by theft from mining operations or some construction industries.  I'd think that would not be a high volume source though.
Link Posted: 6/14/2016 1:42:26 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
What amazes me is that the US would just "take it" rather than rounding up all the obvious potential terrorists.
View Quote

Fuck the Constitution right?
Link Posted: 6/14/2016 1:42:29 PM EDT
[#24]
Obama would LOVE that.

He can declare Martial Law.
And be in office forever.
Link Posted: 6/14/2016 1:44:04 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Thats what I was wondering about.  I realize it's possible to make things go boom without having access to military grade explosives - but that does seem to be the favorite medium of bombers.

How hard is it to get high energy explosives in the US?  I presume it would be difficult to obtain some explosives by theft from mining operations or some construction industries.  I'd think that would not be a high volume source though.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Hope your wrong though

Gunpowder and fireworks would work well enough.
Not to mention all of the different types of HME that are not especially difficult to get the components for.
Link Posted: 6/14/2016 1:45:16 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 6/14/2016 1:46:01 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

The reaction from citizens exacting vigilante justice may be.  This government, no matter what party is in charge will NEVER react without mercy to those who deserve it, they will ALWAYS use those acts to shackle the law abiding citizenry.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

And that is precisely why we (the USA) will lose this "war" if we do not fight it on their terms.

These savages do not want, understand, or respect democracy or our form of government.  They see us as weak because of it.

All they understand is total brutality.

Unless we take the gloves off and start fighting back these events will not only continue but become more commonplace.

If they kill one of ours, we kill ten of theirs.  And we aren't too particular who as long as they are loosely associated with the perpetrators.

If they kill one of ours with a WMD, we kill 100 of them.  And we aren't too particular who as long as they are loosely associated with the perpetrators.

They blow up a building, we level 10 city blocks.  And we aren't too particular as long as the 10 blocks surround anyone associated with the perpetrators.

The best part of this?  No boots on the ground required.

This namby-pamby crap of only getting those directly responsible and all the surgical response BS has to go.

This is why control was lost in Iraq.  Saddam was a brutal asshole but he had control of the country.  We got rid of him and the whole place went to shit and will never recover.

Eventually the other non-radical Muslims will start policing their own.
Link Posted: 6/14/2016 1:46:16 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Seewhatudidthere.jpg  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I am honestly surprised it hasn't happened already. The Islamists have got to know by now that a shooting isn't going to change America fundamentally.
Seewhatudidthere.jpg  

Link Posted: 6/14/2016 1:46:16 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
I am surprised they haven't driven a tanker truck into a mall.
View Quote

The unfortunate truth right there.
Link Posted: 6/14/2016 1:46:27 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Hope your wrong though

Look at what McVeigh did in Oklahoma City, and what the Boston bombers did.  

I think individually executed, IS inspired terror attacks will increase substantially here in the US.

I've said things similar to what the OP is saying.  I hope we are both wrong, but fear we are both right.
Link Posted: 6/14/2016 1:47:32 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
View Quote

If you mean "Show an ID to purchase cleaning supplies, no more than 1lb sugar purchased at a time, and licensure to buy welding gas," then I agree.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 6/14/2016 1:47:35 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

The president would get online and blather about banning something that would have had no effect.   People would change their pictures on facebook, and that would be the end of it til the next one.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This.
Link Posted: 6/14/2016 1:48:08 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

At the point of indescriminate road side and civilian site bombings, it would not be unreasonable to expect suspension of civil tights and the imposition of military law.

Just "letting it happen" isnt an option.

Edit: i dunno what civil tights are, but theyre suspended.
Link Posted: 6/14/2016 1:48:34 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

And that is precisely why we (the USA) will lose this "war" if we do not fight it on their terms.

These savages do not want, understand, or respect democracy or our form of government.  They see us as weak because of it.

Unless we take the gloves off and start fighting back these events will not only continue but become more commonplace.

If they kill one of ours, we kill ten of theirs.  And we aren't too particular who as long as they are loosely associated with the perpetrators.

If they kill one of ours with a WMD, we kill 100 of them.  And we aren't too particular who as long as they are loosely associated with the perpetrators.

They blow up a building, we level 10 city blocks.  And we aren't too particular as long as the 10 blocks surround anyone associated with the perpetrators.

This namby-pamby crap of only getting those directly responsible and all the surgical response BS has to go.

This is why control was lost in Iraq.  Saddam was a brutal asshole but he had control of the country.  We got rid of him and the whole place went to shit and will never recover.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

So when are you gonna enlist to start slaying bodies like it's cool?
Link Posted: 6/14/2016 1:48:50 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
View Quote

Damn straight. Love East Tn.
Link Posted: 6/14/2016 1:48:52 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

I hope you are wrong.

You are probably right.
View Quote

Link Posted: 6/14/2016 1:50:04 PM EDT
[#37]
A bunch of my friends are GWOT vets, and we were discussing this very subject last night.

Just a few along any interstate would paralyze this nation.  VBIED driven into a school or nursing home or even a 'mega church' would very quickly eclipse what happened in Orlando.

Link Posted: 6/14/2016 1:52:34 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

This.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This.

Nope. The 3% would successfully defeat any evil rearing it ugly head here, all while minding their own business like the good libertarians they are.
Link Posted: 6/14/2016 1:54:25 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 6/14/2016 1:54:29 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

OP may be right but shootings have the added effect of manipulating politics and restrictions on rights.  VBIEDS will scare and kill but nobody is going to ban cars.
View Quote

Don't worry.  The Dems will do everything to ban something.  Probably whatever is used to build these devices.  
Link Posted: 6/14/2016 1:57:27 PM EDT
[#41]
I fully believed that would be the case post 9/11.  I'm not sure they're quite that stupid.
Link Posted: 6/14/2016 1:57:48 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
I hope you are wrong.
You are probably right.
View Quote

The worst part about it will be American citizens losing incrementally more of their rights, each time it happens.

Fuck.
Link Posted: 6/14/2016 1:58:34 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
View Quote

YEP.

everything would get banned.

RE-EDUCATION FOR ALL CITIZENS AGE 4 AND OLDER. Islam IS A PEACEFUL RELIGION, and all white people are racist for not supporting Islam by conversion and higher contributions to the local Mosque.
Link Posted: 6/14/2016 1:59:16 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
View Quote

Pure fantasy.
Link Posted: 6/14/2016 1:59:18 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
I hope you are wrong.
You are probably right.
View Quote

Link Posted: 6/14/2016 2:01:04 PM EDT
[#46]
I've always wondered what's to keep someone from buying up all the Tannerite they can get their hands on from every Academy in the city, loading up a truck with about 500 lbs of the stuff, and rigging a rifle to fire into it with a remote trigger.  Then drive it into a crowded area.  I've seen some video on Youtube where a guy blew a old barn into toothpicks with about 200 lbs of the stuff.  As soon as that happens, you can bet Tannerite will be banned.  Not that I use the stuff, but still.  On a plus side, if terrorists move from guns to bombs, then the drive to ban guns might die down a bit.  Nobody will start pressing to ban cars/trucks/gasoline/fertilizer/ball bearing/whatever.
Link Posted: 6/14/2016 2:02:03 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
A bunch of my friends are GWOT vets, and we were discussing this very subject last night.

Just a few along any interstate would paralyze this nation.  VBIED driven into a school or nursing home or even a 'mega church' would very quickly eclipse what happened in Orlando.
View Quote

Hit the bridges, especially the drawbridges.  Damage the bridge enough so it's locked open or closed, it'll be a mess...
Link Posted: 6/14/2016 2:02:37 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
I hope you are wrong.
You are probably right.
View Quote

I hope to God you are wrong but fear that you are right.
Link Posted: 6/14/2016 2:02:59 PM EDT
[#49]
Eventually humans will try all possible combinations.  If it is possible, eventually someone will do it.  It may even become common.
Link Posted: 6/14/2016 2:03:21 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
View Quote

But, Muh freedoms............

There is no winning this one without some pain.......you can't have the freedoms we have and not have the terrorists use it against us to their advantage.

I'm not saying restrict our freedoms, and I'm not saying let the terrorists win.

What I am saying is we have formed our own noose and have placed it around our own necks.

There will be no way of getting out of this one without losing some of our own blood.........it ain't gonna be pretty, and we ain't gonna be the way we used to be. That America is dead and buried.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 9
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top