Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Pure fantasy.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
If that sort of activity started up here, the reaction would likely be swift and without mercy.

Pure fantasy.

Maybe in your area.  It won't go over well here.
Link Posted: 6/14/2016 2:07:50 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Thats what I was wondering about.  I realize it's possible to make things go boom without having access to military grade explosives - but that does seem to be the favorite medium of bombers.

How hard is it to get high energy explosives in the US?  I presume it would be difficult to obtain some explosives by theft from mining operations or some construction industries.  I'd think that would not be a high volume source though.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Ok...but there's not a lot of unsecured stockpiles of artillery shells laying around.

Hope your wrong though

Thats what I was wondering about.  I realize it's possible to make things go boom without having access to military grade explosives - but that does seem to be the favorite medium of bombers.

How hard is it to get high energy explosives in the US?  I presume it would be difficult to obtain some explosives by theft from mining operations or some construction industries.  I'd think that would not be a high volume source though.

... tons of cocaine is smuggled into the country everyday, so ...
Link Posted: 6/14/2016 2:09:21 PM EDT
[#3]
I've said it many times before. I can't believe nothing like that has happened.
Link Posted: 6/14/2016 2:10:07 PM EDT
[#4]
Just wait till a layered coordinated attack takes place. I'd bet it's coming at some point...
Link Posted: 6/14/2016 2:10:08 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

A bunch of my friends are GWOT vets, and we were discussing this very subject last night.

Just a few along any interstate would paralyze this nation.  VBIED driven into a school or nursing home or even a 'mega church' would very quickly eclipse what happened in Orlando.
View Quote
26' truck full of an ANFO VBIED detonated on an Interstate bridge would cause our economy losses in the billions.

Link Posted: 6/14/2016 2:12:40 PM EDT
[#6]
I expected it to happen years ago and still waiting
Link Posted: 6/14/2016 2:13:03 PM EDT
[#7]
Some asshat here in Iowa blew himself to pieces with a smaller Boston type device in the last month.

ISIS called it and have started.  
Link Posted: 6/14/2016 2:13:05 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
A bunch of my friends are GWOT vets, and we were discussing this very subject last night.

Just a few along any interstate would paralyze this nation.  VBIED driven into a school or nursing home or even a 'mega church' would very quickly eclipse what happened in Orlando.

View Quote

My best friend and I were discussing it last night as well. He's a member here and SGT.  2/504 82AB 2002-2010.  We talked about it years ago as well, about how it would start with Pali type attacks like in Israel with the shooters, and maybe vests, and then move up to this sort of thing.

The scary thing, is that when we were in middle school through the 10th grade, so from 78' or so until 84', he was having reoccurring dreams of him being in the Army and fighting in the middle east , including Afghanistan and Iraq. We put it off as being due to the fact that we were news junkies and the Russian's were in Afghanistan, and the Iraq/Iran war was going on. Just overwhelmed with the info. The strange thing is, that he kept saying he was in the Army, and that's how he knew that dream would never come true because he was going to be a Marine like his dad, who was a Recon Marine in Vietnam. When he went to sign up at 34 years old, the Marines wouldn't take him, but the Army would with a waiver or whatever for age. My dad called Strom Thurmond and had him take care of it. So, he wound up in the Army , and he saw some of the places he saw in his dreams that he never had seen before. He drew some of them in middle and high school, turned out to be real places.

The scary, which I mentioned above, is he had dreams back then about having to fight at home, against a guerilla type terrorist group. We talked about that last night, and we both hope that's off base, because his dreams weren't pretty at all.

Link Posted: 6/14/2016 2:14:01 PM EDT
[#9]
FPNI, it's coming sooner or later.  Just look at the chaos that those Boston assholes caused with some fireworks and a pressure cooker.  How the hell do you protect against that?
Link Posted: 6/14/2016 2:14:44 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
26' truck full of an ANFO VBIED detonated on an Interstate bridge would cause our economy losses in the billions.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Pick a city, hit every overpass outside of town.
Link Posted: 6/14/2016 2:14:54 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I fully believed that would be the case post 9/11.  I'm not sure they're quite that stupid.
View Quote

They weren't ready. They didn't have enough people in place here at that time.

Now they do, and they've showed their hand, and they know there is no turning back now. That is what scares me about it. They know that they have one chance and this is it.
Link Posted: 6/14/2016 2:15:20 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

The reaction from citizens exacting vigilante justice may be.  This government, no matter what party is in charge will NEVER react without mercy to those who deserve it, they will ALWAYS use those acts to shackle the law abiding citizenry.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
If that sort of activity started up here, the reaction would likely be swift and without mercy.

The reaction from citizens exacting vigilante justice may be.  This government, no matter what party is in charge will NEVER react without mercy to those who deserve it, they will ALWAYS use those acts to shackle the law abiding citizenry.

Truth.
Link Posted: 6/14/2016 2:16:11 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Many of us on this site unfortunately predicted these lone wolf or detached autonomous cell attacks with rifles on soft targets like malls, clubs, etc, back a half dozen years ago. Now that the terrorists have hit hard in that manner, they are at the point of no return in their war on us. They cannot turn back, and it is time for them to escalate it.

Start looking soon, in the coming months for roadside bombs and VBIEDs , because as we start to increase awareness and putting things in place to stop the mass shootings, they will move to other methods including suicide vests.

I hate to say this, and I know I'm not the only one thinking this here, but they have enough people with the knowledge to carry out the IED and VIED attacks in country now. We've let enough of them go overseas and receive training and return , that they are prepared to wage war on us here at home. The US will look like the Middle East soon, and at that point the politicians will enact what will essentially be a police state.

Terrible days ahead.
View Quote

That would do the trick.  

Call Saudi.  Next ied in this country will erase mecca.

Then fucking erase mecca.

Link Posted: 6/14/2016 2:16:23 PM EDT
[#14]
You mean like in Boston?

It has already happened.

And the Left is okay with that, since it isn't using assault rifles.

Link Posted: 6/14/2016 2:16:53 PM EDT
[#15]
Once those start happening, they will say "See, the ban worked!".
Link Posted: 6/14/2016 2:17:42 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Meh. Complicated and pointless.
Link Posted: 6/14/2016 2:18:15 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Just wait till a layered coordinated attack takes place. I'd bet it's coming at some point…
View Quote
I'm no tactician…but I could imagine a couple of 4 or 5 man teams hitting a target setting up a hostage situation, and then having several teams attacking the police/first responder teams from the rear being devastating.

That or detonating a bomb and then having assets in place to ambush the first responders.

Nothing will surprise me at this point.

Link Posted: 6/14/2016 2:18:54 PM EDT
[#18]
Terrorists have been rather smart in how they've attacked the United States. They've picked targets that cause high profile coverage and political reaction.

If they switched to roadside bombs or daily attacks at the local little league field or high school football games there is a very real possibility of the American public snapping and going full pogram. They don't want the American public going full pogram.
Link Posted: 6/14/2016 2:21:05 PM EDT
[#19]
I'm not worried.

There's no way anyone could smuggle explosives into our country across the southern border.

I mean, look at the War on Drugs! We nailed that one down, this one will be a cakewalk

It will be like Paris in 1944. Some of you guys worry too much.
Link Posted: 6/14/2016 2:21:06 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Hit the bridges, especially the drawbridges.  Damage the bridge enough so it's locked open or closed, it'll be a mess...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hit the bridges, especially the drawbridges.  Damage the bridge enough so it's locked open or closed, it'll be a mess...

I'll be crossing the Tappanzee Bridge this weekend and again on the way back next weekend.  Now, I'll be thinking about this as I do.
Link Posted: 6/14/2016 2:21:32 PM EDT
[#21]
I'm shocked it hasn't happened sooner...

open borders. 100 years of built up hate for the USA, want to understand them..they hate Bacon, Titties and beer..nuff said? and the only
reason weve not seen more attacks, lone wolfs, IED..Bacon, Titties and beer..
First thing they do is become NON MUSLIMS as they're on a mission to die..they are allowed to live life of the infidel..so
bacon, beer and titties..and they realize, WTF are we fighting against this for and puff, they're running your local Taco Bell, Cleaners and 7/11

Link Posted: 6/14/2016 2:24:12 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

495 bridge by DC-you could even leave the truck and remote detonate in heavy traffic.

Link Posted: 6/14/2016 2:24:32 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
My best friend and I were discussing it last night as well. He's a member here and SGT.  2/504 82AB 2002-2010.  We talked about it years ago as well, about how it would start with Pali type attacks like in Israel with the shooters, and maybe vests, and then move up to this sort of thing.

The scary thing, is that when we were in middle school through the 10th grade, so from 78' or so until 84', he was having reoccurring dreams of him being in the Army and fighting in the middle east , including Afghanistan and Iraq. We put it off as being due to the fact that we were news junkies and the Russian's were in Afghanistan, and the Iraq/Iran war was going on. Just overwhelmed with the info. The strange thing is, that he kept saying he was in the Army, and that's how he knew that dream would never come true because he was going to be a Marine like his dad, who was a Recon Marine in Vietnam. When he went to sign up at 34 years old, the Marines wouldn't take him, but the Army would with a waiver or whatever for age. My dad called Strom Thurmond and had him take care of it. So, he wound up in the Army , and he saw some of the places he saw in his dreams that he never had seen before. He drew some of them in middle and high school, turned out to be real places.

The scary, which I mentioned above, is he had dreams back then about having to fight at home, against a guerilla type terrorist group. We talked about that last night, and we both hope that's off base, because his dreams weren't pretty at all.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Link Posted: 6/14/2016 2:27:39 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Terrorists have been rather smart in how they've attacked the United States. They've picked targets that cause high profile coverage and political reaction.

If they switched to roadside bombs or daily attacks at the local little league field or high school football games there is a very real possibility of the American public snapping and going full pogram. They don't want the American public going full pogram.
View Quote

I think the terrorists are (rightfully) more concerned with not being front page news for a week every time they pull something off. They need to economize the amount of freedom removal per act of violence if they are to achieve their goal of a totalitarian US government.
Link Posted: 6/14/2016 2:31:21 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
Eh, I don't think so. I think we'd get years of the left using it as a hammer to punish the right and consolidate their power.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Eh, I don't think so. I think we'd get years of the left using it as a hammer to punish the right and consolidate their power.

Why don't we as "the Right" ever .use their bullshit as a hammer to punish them remove their power?
Link Posted: 6/14/2016 2:34:07 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

I think the terrorists are (rightfully) more concerned with not being front page news for a week every time they pull something off. They need to economize the amount of freedom removal per act of violence if they are to achieve their goal of a totalitarian US government.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Truth.  They're using our own government against us.
Link Posted: 6/14/2016 2:35:11 PM EDT
[#27]
I have a bad feeling this is just the tip of the iceberg.  Think coordinated teams with either semi auto rifles (or worst case PKMs or other beltfeds) set up in a crossfire over restricted exits at a large sporting event.  Once a few suicide bombers set off vests in the crowd and as people flee/first responders  tend to the wounded the fire teams open up.

It could happen at any college/pro/or even large high school sporting event in the country. Or a concert, music festival, or one of the many mid size town/city street festivals that take place all of the time.....

It would make these recent events look small.  And I don't think that a regular police presence/swat team could do much to stop it in a timely manner.  It would be absolutely terrible and could be pulled off fairly easily by a team of 10-20 terrorists.

This country is really vulnerable, and most liberals have no idea.  Passing a ban on "assault weapons" isn't going to do shit....
Link Posted: 6/14/2016 2:35:54 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
I hope you are wrong.
You are probably right.
View Quote

Link Posted: 6/14/2016 2:37:44 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
View Quote

Like what? Barry gonna go on TV and say we need to ban guns in order to prevent IED attacks?
Link Posted: 6/14/2016 2:38:57 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
FPNI, it's coming sooner or later.  Just look at the chaos that those Boston assholes caused with some fireworks and a pressure cooker.  How the hell do you protect against that?
View Quote

Gotta look outside the box.  Gotta look at why there are mass shooters and terrorists (different things) in the first place and do the non-knee-jerk things to fix it.

It takes longer than an election cycle, so nobody especially the neocons, want to even entertain it.
Link Posted: 6/14/2016 2:39:11 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
I am honestly surprised it hasn't happened already. The Islamists have got to know by know by now that a shooting isn't going to change America fundamentally.
View Quote

False. Enough Orlando shootings and our knee jerk politicians will do it for them.
Link Posted: 6/14/2016 2:40:01 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
I am honestly surprised it hasn't happened already. The Islamists have got to know by know by now that a shooting isn't going to change America fundamentally.
View Quote

Boston.

They are not receiving a swift and exacting punishment as of yet.

They will continue to escalate until they do.
Link Posted: 6/14/2016 2:41:37 PM EDT
[#33]
This fucking thread is gayer than the Orlando shooter
Link Posted: 6/14/2016 2:43:20 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Well, that's going to bring my raging case of paranoia to a middle.

In reality, the frightening thing is that I imagine that we could come up with a hundred different attacks on this country using our imagination and experience. I don't doubt that the enemy has some people with at least the same level of intelligence and with the call for indigenous fighters they would have the same cultural knowledge of what would hurt the most.

It's going to hurt when they punch us, we have to get them quickly when they do, milk them for all their worth and start unraveling the threads back to their masters.
Link Posted: 6/14/2016 2:45:25 PM EDT
[#35]
This is worth reading:

Day of Wrath (William Forstchen)

Link Posted: 6/14/2016 2:46:27 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

False. Enough Orlando shootings and our knee jerk politicians will do it for them.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I think they crossed the Rubicon with this attack. Look at the polls about gun control, and especially the ones asking who will be better against the terrorists as president. It is now overwhelmingly Trump, and this has put terrorism and illegal immigration / or immigration / refugees from Muslim countries on top of the concern list. The next polls that have time to reflect this, will show Trump with a double digit lead over Hillary.

They know they have to act now or not act at all. It's do or die, and they'd rather do it while they have a sympathetic president, or the possibility of one, because with Obama and Hillary, you have MB and other terrorist ties in the White House, but with Trump, that shit stops.
Link Posted: 6/14/2016 2:47:51 PM EDT
[#37]
If Muslims start blowing up IEDs on America's street white conservative gun owners will still get the blame, even if ISIS claims it and makes a propaganda video about it.
Link Posted: 6/14/2016 2:48:11 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
View Quote

Like 9/11 ?
Link Posted: 6/14/2016 2:49:48 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Seem to recall that some IED type devices were found in Texas back in 07, or so?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Seem to recall that some IED type devices were found in Texas back in 07, or so?

IEDs are found in the US every year, sometimes reaching triple digits.

Quoted:
This fucking thread is gayer than the Orlando shooter

Agreed, although it is fun to watch what our local subject matter experts think.
Link Posted: 6/14/2016 2:52:56 PM EDT
[#40]
I've been waiting for a major sporting event to get hit by VBIED. Hope I never see it, but I won't be surprised if it happens.

Played right, something like that would make people afraid to go out and do things. One of their goals achieved right there. Also, our economy would suffer if masses of people stop going out and consuming...our economy is now dependent on that.
Link Posted: 6/14/2016 2:56:02 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Like what? Barry gonna go on TV and say we need to ban guns in order to prevent IED attacks?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It would be similar to after the Boston event - 4th amendment would go out the window and people would make excuses for why it's necessary, people would change their social media pictures in 'solidarity', chant USA USA etc. and we still wouldn't address the problem with full force.
Link Posted: 6/14/2016 2:56:25 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

If Democrats can get more gun laws passed in the wake of one, then yeah they have fundamentally changed America.

Having said that, yeah I wouldn't be surprised if we don't start seeing more explosives used in attacks.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If Democrats can get more gun laws passed in the wake of one, then yeah they have fundamentally changed America.

Having said that, yeah I wouldn't be surprised if we don't start seeing more explosives used in attacks.

You can almost guarantee that in the next issues of their internet terror magazines they will suggest not using guns because the anti gun backlash distracts from their cause. ISIS isn't attacking the west because they believe it will cause us to pull out of the region. They attack US because they want the ground war their prophecies calls for. They will never stop until they are wiped out.
Link Posted: 6/14/2016 2:58:47 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Just wait till a layered coordinated attack takes place. I'd bet it's coming at some point...
View Quote

Without a doubt responses and reactions are being analyzed.

The enemy is busy evolving while we're mired in political and social bullshit.
Link Posted: 6/14/2016 2:59:07 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
If Muslims start blowing up IEDs on America's street white conservative gun owners will still get the blame, even if ISIS claims it and makes a propaganda video about it.
View Quote

This is true.

The liberals do not understand, and further they make a conscious make and willful effort not to understand.

How many nonsense posts over social media as well as national media have there been calling for love not hate. They are in essence saying the Muslim extremists are killing us because we don't love them enough.

If IED's start blowing up it will be more of the same from the left - and many on the right too.

Link Posted: 6/14/2016 3:03:54 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Ok...but there's not a lot of unsecured stockpiles of artillery shells laying around.
Hope your wrong though
View Quote

....because they used arty in Boston.  

Uneducated in the ways of explosives are you.
Link Posted: 6/14/2016 3:04:49 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

You can almost guarantee that in the next issues of their internet terror magazine they will suggest not using guns because the anti gun backlash distracts from their cause. ISIS isn't attacking the west because they believe it will cause us to pull out of the region. They attack US because they want the ground war their prophecies calls for. They will never stop until they are wiped out.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You can almost guarantee that in the next issues of their internet terror magazine they will suggest not using guns because the anti gun backlash distracts from their cause. ISIS isn't attacking the west because they believe it will cause us to pull out of the region. They attack US because they want the ground war their prophecies calls for. They will never stop until they are wiped out.

And how do you wipe them out?

Roughly 2.75 million in America.

The question becomes two fold - What percentage of those 2.75 million are prepared to act violently.   And more importantly, how do you "wipe them out" without alienating and potentially creating more who will need to be wiped out?
Link Posted: 6/14/2016 3:06:03 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

The question becomes two fold - What percentage of those 2.75 million are prepared to act violently.   And more importantly, how do you "wipe them out" without alienating and potentially creating more who will need to be wiped out?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

We're Americans. We don't think, we do.
Link Posted: 6/14/2016 3:06:26 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
If that sort of activity started up here, the reaction by members of the public would likely be swift and without mercy.  
View Quote
What the government does would be a secondary question.

FIFY

Let those sorts of attacks start taking place and Muslim communities in the US would need police protection from millions of pissed off Americans bent on committing genocide against them.
Link Posted: 6/14/2016 3:09:34 PM EDT
[#49]
Terrorists don't need IEDs or VBIEDs to cause terror.  America is so open there are a bazillion ways to terrorize the folks.  Pickup truck on the playground at your local school during recess, arson at the mall, poison at the local grocery or just pick some poor guy or gal off the street, put them in an orange jumpsuit and chop their head off on video at the local motel.  Terror will find a way.
Link Posted: 6/14/2016 3:10:28 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
...The US will look like the Middle East soon, and at that point the politicians will enact what will essentially be a police state...
View Quote

This has been the Liberal's plan all along.
Page / 9
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top