Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Posted: 6/6/2016 2:27:25 PM EDT
The father of the Stanford University swimmer convicted of sexually assaulting an unconscious woman is coming under fire on blogs and social media for playing down the attack as “20 minutes of action” during a public statement at the swimmer’s sentencing on Sunday.

Judge Aaron Persky, who sentenced Brock Allen Turner to a six-month prison sentence, is also getting some heat after Persky said “jail would have a severe impact on” Turner.

Turner, 20, was found by two students on top of an unconscious woman by a dumpster in January 2015. Prosecutors said Turner met the woman at a party and sexually assaulted her after she passed out from intoxication. Police officers said the woman was unresponsive and partially clothed.

Turner faced up to 14 years in prison, a sentence his father, Dan Turner, argued against.

“That is a steep price to pay for 20 minutes of action out of his 20 plus years of life,” Dan said at his son’s sentencing hearing.
View Quote

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/06/06/dad-judge-under-fire-after-ex-stanford-swimmer-sentenced-for-sex-assault.html?intcmp=hpbt2

Holy shit.
Link Posted: 6/6/2016 2:32:18 PM EDT
[#1]

“That is a steep price to pay for 20 minutes of action out of his 20 plus years of life,” Dan said at his son’s sentencing hearing.
View Quote

Yeah, that's the point.
Link Posted: 6/6/2016 2:32:43 PM EDT
[#2]
Fucks be upon the judge, dad, and perp.

Fucker should have gotten the full 14 years.
Link Posted: 6/6/2016 2:33:25 PM EDT
[#3]
Somehow I don't think Dad helped his case any.
Link Posted: 6/6/2016 2:33:59 PM EDT
[#4]
Leaving absolutely no doubt as to why the son is a piece of shit.
Link Posted: 6/6/2016 2:35:03 PM EDT
[#5]
Judge is a former Stanford swimmer. I'm sure that had NOTHING to do with the lenient sentence.
Link Posted: 6/6/2016 2:36:50 PM EDT
[#6]
Fucked up case for sure, and given the father's attitude, it's pretty easy to see why the son didn't have any moral compass. Judge really botched that sentence, at least in my opinion.
Link Posted: 6/6/2016 2:37:59 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Fucked up case for sure, and given the father's attitude, it's pretty easy to see why the son didn't have any moral compass. Judge really botched that sentence, at least in my opinion.
View Quote

It'll setup a nice civil suit.
Link Posted: 6/6/2016 2:40:53 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This, she can rape him through his wallet.  Won't make up for the actual rape but hopefully she'll get a big payout to ease the pain.
Link Posted: 6/6/2016 2:43:04 PM EDT
[#9]

Turner faced up to 14 years in prison, a sentence his father, Dan Turner, argued against.

"That is a steep price to pay for 20 minutes of action out of his 20 plus years of life,” Dan said at his son’s sentencing hearing.

View Quote

Dan will certainly have the same reaction after his son is tag-teamed in the ass and mouth.

Link Posted: 6/6/2016 2:44:06 PM EDT
[#10]
Dad is a fuckass, son is a fuckass, judge is a fuckass.

This whole story makes me so fucking angry.
Link Posted: 6/6/2016 2:45:28 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Judge is a former Stanford swimmer. I'm sure that had NOTHING to do with the lenient sentence.
View Quote

"Legal system, not a justice system"

Link Posted: 6/6/2016 2:50:06 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

This, she can rape him through his wallet.  Won't make up for the actual rape but hopefully she'll get a big payout to ease the pain.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Unfortunately, the money (if she gets any) can't fix what was broken. That experience will influence future interactions with men, future relationships, possibly even her marriage down the line. It will always be something she has to contend with. It may even influence her experience with childbirth, assuming she ever has children. No amount of money can make that any easier or ease that pain. No amount of money can give her back what she's lost or help her regain her sense of self and dignity. Those 20 minutes changed the course of two lives, but only one person had a choice in that change.
Link Posted: 6/6/2016 3:15:41 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Somehow I don't think Dad helped his case any.
View Quote

Junior got six months for forcible rape. It sounds like dad helped a lot.
Link Posted: 6/6/2016 3:18:22 PM EDT
[#14]
I was trying to quote Naamah but  in re;

Well said, I hope she can at least have her education covered and get some solid therapy. Lets all hope she doesn't let this dictate her life.
Link Posted: 6/6/2016 5:53:03 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote

Judge was actually captain of the Stanford lacrosse team, but close enough to be dubious.
Link Posted: 6/6/2016 5:55:12 PM EDT
[#16]
Poor woman.
Can someone rape dad for 20 minutes?
Link Posted: 6/6/2016 6:07:04 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Judge was actually captain of the Stanford lacrosse team, but close enough to be dubious.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Wow, If this would have been Jamis Winston, we would be subject to 24hr around the clock coverage from ESPN. Sports Illustrated would have a cover story out on Thursday. This being Stanford, not much will be said.
Link Posted: 6/6/2016 6:09:10 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View Quote

I'm sure the father of the victim and the victim concurs with you.
Link Posted: 6/6/2016 6:09:16 PM EDT
[#19]
This story is all around fucked up
Link Posted: 6/6/2016 6:16:38 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Yeah, that's the point.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

"That is a steep price to pay for 20 minutes of action out of his 20 plus years of life,” Dan said at his son’s sentencing hearing.

Yeah, that's the point.
No shit.  After 52+ years of life I've "Somehow" managed to not rape an unconscious woman.  I've had plenty of opportunities too.

'guess I'm just one of those "White Knights" everyone hates on

Link Posted: 6/6/2016 6:33:32 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Poor woman.
Can someone rape dad for 20 minutes?
View Quote

If it was his daughter who was raped you'd know he want hellfire and brimstone rained down.

Piece of shit.
Link Posted: 6/6/2016 6:37:58 PM EDT
[#22]
Honestly, words can't even begin to describe how fucked up all three of them are.
Link Posted: 6/6/2016 6:43:37 PM EDT
[#23]
Judge and Dad under fire? More like "should be lit on fire".

Pieces of shit all around.
Link Posted: 6/6/2016 6:47:23 PM EDT
[#24]
kid from an affluent family named Brock goes off to Stanford and rapes a girl, receives questionable sentence and his dad is pissed....Lol
Link Posted: 6/6/2016 6:48:02 PM EDT
[#25]
they should give the dad, the judge and the kid 10 years each for that bullshit.
Link Posted: 6/6/2016 6:52:45 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Does he have money, or a job, or live with mom and dad?  I'm not seeing a viable deep pocket.
Link Posted: 6/6/2016 6:57:19 PM EDT
[#27]
I passed out in a tent with a fat chick this one time. Woke up to her giving me a bj and I was like get off me you rapist whore right after I got off.
Link Posted: 6/6/2016 7:01:30 PM EDT
[#28]
I am fine with the 6 months in jail from the evidence I have heard. People are too quick to jump to conclusions. As someone who was in college and went to parties where women got shit faced and horny men made bad decisions, I saw similar type situation a couple of times. Was it rape or consent? It depends on if the woman got what she wanted. Look at the Duke Lacrosse rape case back in 2007 time frame. Those were some lying ass bitches that filed false claims and ruined the Lacrosse players lives. Same thing happened at Oklahoma State with Darren Williams. He was found guilty even though he still denies involvement. She picked him out of a lineup even though she openly said she never saw his face. It ruined his basketball career. He has since had the charges reduced and his record almost cleared. It was a bullshit case that lacked evidence. My point is the case isn't always so cut and dry. She probably did give consent when she was drunk. Was it a smart move by him? No! But does he deserve to be labeled a rapist from a drunken night in college? I don't think so.
Link Posted: 6/6/2016 7:02:28 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
I passed out in a tent with a fat chick this one time. Woke up to her giving me a bj and I was like get off me you rapist whore right after I got off.
View Quote

Do you feel like that shitty post belongs in a thread about a rapist getting away with an incredibly light sentence after traumatizing a woman for life?
Link Posted: 6/6/2016 7:04:51 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Do you feel like that shitty post belongs in a thread about a rapist getting away with an incredibly light sentence after traumatizing a woman for life?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

So I get raped and this is how I get treated.
Link Posted: 6/6/2016 7:05:18 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
I am fine with the 6 months in jail from the evidence I have heard. People are too quick to jump to conclusions. As someone who was in college and went to parties where women got shit faced and horny men made bad decisions, I saw similar type situation a couple of times. Was it rape or consent? It depends on if the woman got what she wanted. Look at the Duke Lacrosse rape case back in 2007 time frame. Those were some lying ass bitches that filed false claims and ruined the Lacrosse players lives. Same thing happened at Oklahoma State with Darren Williams. He was found guilty even though he still denies involvement. She picked him out of a lineup even though she openly said she never saw his face. It ruined his basketball career. He has since had the charges reduced and his record almost cleared. It was a bullshit case that lacked evidence. My point is the case isn't always so cut and dry. She probably did give consent when she was drunk. Was it a smart move by him? No! But does he deserve to be labeled a rapist from a drunken night in college? I don't think so.
View Quote

Read this. Actually read it. Don't say you did and keep on spouting your drivel.

And keep in mind he was unanimously convicted by a jury.

https://www.buzzfeed.com/katiejmbaker/heres-the-powerful-letter-the-stanford-victim-read-to-her-ra?utm_term=.wgbaR57KL
Link Posted: 6/6/2016 7:06:08 PM EDT
[#32]
Do you want vigilantes taking the law into their own hands... because this is how you get vigilantes taking the law into their own hands.
Link Posted: 6/6/2016 7:07:43 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm glad this is so comedic for you.

For rape victims, it's not.
Link Posted: 6/6/2016 7:10:08 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
View Quote

Full of it, you are.
Link Posted: 6/6/2016 7:10:21 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
View Quote

Considering he was caught in flagrante delicto, I'm nominating your post for stupidest of the day.
Link Posted: 6/6/2016 7:13:07 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No shit. I think rapists and child molesters should be executed. No mercy.
Link Posted: 6/6/2016 7:14:04 PM EDT
[#37]
Gee, I wonder who taught him to calibrate his moral compass.

Apples don't fall far from the tree I suppose.

Cheers!
-JC
Link Posted: 6/6/2016 7:14:29 PM EDT
[#38]
Sounds like the little POS has affluenza.
Link Posted: 6/6/2016 7:16:01 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 6/6/2016 7:16:10 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Considering he was caught in flagrante delicto, I'm nominating your post for stupidest of the day.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep. Caught in the act by two passers by who both attested that the girl was passed out. Do we really need 4 witnesses and a fucking burqa, or will two witnesses and a rape kit and injuries suffice?
Link Posted: 6/6/2016 7:17:25 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
View Quote

"Even if I pass out later, you can still fuck me. Just be sure it's behind a dumpster."

Fuck you.
Link Posted: 6/6/2016 7:18:40 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View Quote

Word.
Link Posted: 6/6/2016 7:20:19 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I guess you didn't read my first sentence. It states "from the evidence i have heard". Which was the cbs nightly news and a small article about it earlier. I still stand by my comments about rape in college. As someone that has been accused by a girl that I raped her after I chose not to date her. She told her friends I raped her, they confronted me about it. I stood my ground and saved all my evidence with backups. Her friends later apologized and she admitted to lying. So yes, I have been on the other side of it.
Link Posted: 6/6/2016 7:23:21 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

I guess you didn't read my first sentence. It states "from the evidence i have heard". Which was the cbs nightly news and a small article about it earlier. I still stand by my comments about rape in college. As someone that has been accused by a girl that I raped her after I chose not to date her. She told her friends I raped her, they confronted me about it. I stood my ground and saved all my evidence with backups. Her friends later apologized and she admitted to lying. So yes, I have been on the other side of it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

OTOH, you were not caught behind the dumpster by two independent witnesses.  Apples and oranges.  He's an obvious shitbag.
Link Posted: 6/6/2016 7:23:21 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

"Even if I pass out later, you can still fuck me. Just be sure it's behind a dumpster."

Fuck you.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Fuck you.

You must be the basement dweller of GD. Good day sir.
Link Posted: 6/6/2016 7:24:49 PM EDT
[#46]
So when his rapist son gets raped in prison is the dad going to be all, don't punish my son's rapist too harshly?

Link Posted: 6/6/2016 7:27:36 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

OTOH, you were not caught behind the dumpster by two independent witnesses.  Apples and oranges.  He's an obvious shitbag.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

A dumpster is a shitty place to fuck at but it is still no different than the back seat of a vehicle, bathroom, hallway, whatever.

Either way, do you have a link to the witness testimony? I am curious to read it now that I got more invested in this topic than initially wanting.
Link Posted: 6/6/2016 7:27:47 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

The father of the Stanford University swimmer convicted of sexually assaulting an unconscious woman is coming under fire on blogs and social media for playing down the attack as "20 minutes of action” during a public statement at the swimmer’s sentencing on Sunday.

Judge Aaron Persky, who sentenced Brock Allen Turner to a six-month prison sentence, is also getting some heat after Persky said "jail would have a severe impact on” Turner.

Turner, 20, was found by two students on top of an unconscious woman by a dumpster in January 2015. Prosecutors said Turner met the woman at a party and sexually assaulted her after she passed out from intoxication. Police officers said the woman was unresponsive and partially clothed.

View Quote

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/06/06/dad-judge-under-fire-after-ex-stanford-swimmer-sentenced-for-sex-assault.html?intcmp=hpbt2

Holy shit.
View Quote
This shit happens all the time at college. Fucking frat parties are set up to get 'em drunk and Fuck'em. You think they ply them with booze to engage in sparkling discussions? This is known and semi-condoned by the schools and associated organizations, and why it s do under-reported. "Party school?" Is synonymous with  get them drunk and fuck, and to some extent, known by the females involved too. They like to use the excuse "well, I was wasted, it's the booze that got me fucked" and their virtue remains intact.
Other times it goes to far and the get really fucked, ganged raped, trained, whatever. I tell my friends daughters to watch out and not play the "I'm so wasted" game because of the loss of control. Some listen, some don't.
Link Posted: 6/6/2016 7:28:24 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I did read your first sentence.  So, you're ignorant of the situation at hand, and you're trying to use your ignorance of the facts in the case as a defense of posting something really stupid?  Your story about your college experience is immaterial; if you're upset you were falsely accused of rape in college, save it for another thread.  The facts in this case are that the attacker was discovered in the act of sexually assaulting an unconscious woman behind a dumpster.
Link Posted: 6/6/2016 7:31:26 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

I did read your first sentence.  So, you're ignorant of the situation at hand, and you're trying to use your ignorance of the facts in the case as a defense of posting something really stupid?  Your story about your college experience is immaterial; if you're upset you were falsely accused of rape in college, save it for another thread.  The facts in this case are that the attacker was discovered in the act of sexually assaulting an unconscious woman behind a dumpster.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

There you go assuming. I never said I was falsely accused of rape in college. You're ignorant too.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top