BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 5/15/2003 10:30:40 AM EDT
Link Posted: 5/15/2003 10:43:46 AM EDT
[#1]
I enjoyed it as well. I wasn't expecting to see HEAT 2 or Shakespeare, but rather a kick-ass, sci-fi sequel and I got it. Full-on adrenaline rush at times, and deep pondering at others, but well balanced. The fight scenes were just jaw dropping, and the soundtrack was excellent, too.

Morpheus IS the Ultimate Mall Ninja.[:D]

Might go back and see it again tonight, something I didn't do for X2.

J.
Link Posted: 5/15/2003 1:21:58 PM EDT
[#2]
dupe
[url]http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=186535&w=myTopicPop[/url]
Link Posted: 5/15/2003 1:36:48 PM EDT
[#3]
When I left, there were folks in line for the next show. They noticed that the people who were leaving were silent, and one of them said,"Why aren't ya'll talking? Was it bad?"

I replied," No. I am just in shock because of how awesome it was."

Matrix: Reloaded rocked! I am going to have to see it again in theaters, something I usually don't do.
Link Posted: 5/15/2003 1:38:40 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
dupe
[url]http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=186535&w=myTopicPop[/url]
View Quote

I know duplicate topics usually get locked, but this movie was SO GOOD, that it deserves multiple topics.
Link Posted: 5/15/2003 1:46:08 PM EDT
[#5]

It was really good after they got through the first part. Felt like I was watching roots.
Link Posted: 5/15/2003 1:57:49 PM EDT
[#6]
Im going tonight at 7:00, cant wait!
Link Posted: 5/15/2003 2:01:03 PM EDT
[#7]
I went yesterday to a 10:30 showing. With all the travel (saw it with friends closer to work than home), I ended up not going to sleep and showing up to work a pathetic and sleep deprived shell......and it was worth every minute of it.
Link Posted: 5/15/2003 2:44:27 PM EDT
[#8]
"me too"

it was ok

i don't know about the MTV dance party/orgy scene though
Link Posted: 5/15/2003 5:46:33 PM EDT
[#9]
Damn straight it was freaking awesome!! I loved Neo's superman impression, esp. at the end.

The beginning was a little slow(and WTF was that rave scene doing in there?), but after meeting the oracle, it picked up and didn't let off. Now I can't wait for Revolutions- 5 Months 9 days to go!
Link Posted: 5/15/2003 6:03:53 PM EDT
[#10]
For those complaining about not enough gun action, the preview for Revolutions is filled with gun fights. Seraphim(the asian kung-fu Oracle guardian) packs some heat, as do Morpheus and Trinity. There's even an RPG of some sort. It should contain more of the real world, so expect to see some Zionist guns in action.

And yeah, the dirty hippie rave scene was strange and boring. But at least there were boobies!

The superman bit looked a lot better than it did in the previews.
Link Posted: 5/15/2003 6:25:29 PM EDT
[#11]
OmFg Matrix Reloaded is badass..crazy fight scenes!! Neo is more bad ass..And the story is like "Holy Shit!!" Much better than the first one. Gonna go see it again tonight.It will truelly be one of the best trilogys.

And i got to see the matrix revolutions trailer at the end of the credits[:D] Anyone else see it?
Link Posted: 5/15/2003 6:36:48 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 5/15/2003 7:33:46 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 5/15/2003 8:50:27 PM EDT
[#14]
I gotta go with Sweep on this one. It was way overhyped and though the Effects will blow you away the story seemed kinda empty... I like kung fu; but not a whole movie of it.

I'm gonna be the first to say it; the first one was a better movie.
Link Posted: 5/15/2003 8:55:21 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I'm gonna be the first to say it; the first one was a better movie.
View Quote

See the earlier thread on this movie.  Some of us agree with you (and said it earlier [:D]).  Still, it was a decent movie, much better than most of the stuff being put out (and much less disappointing than the [i]other[/i] overhyped sequel, the Two Towers).
Link Posted: 5/15/2003 8:56:35 PM EDT
[#16]
I did not know that there was a trailer for Revolutions until after I got home and read some of the reviews. I feel stupid about that one.
Link Posted: 5/15/2003 9:04:12 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I did not know that there was a trailer for Revolutions until after I got home and read some of the reviews.
View Quote

Darn, now I have to go see it again!

Link Posted: 5/15/2003 9:14:13 PM EDT
[#18]
I thought the first one was better, perhaps because I walked into it not knowing the premise.

The rave scene was totally gratutious soundtrack fodder, and Morpheus' little speech there silly. Squiddies are attacking and they party down, not unlike the Deltas throwing a toga party while on double secret probation. The superman flying looked hokey to me. Best line of a review I saw was that "too much of the dialogue sounds like the Harvard Black Studies department before Larry Summers got there, and sure enough Cornel West shows up in a cameo."

I liked the guy with the albino bodyguards. Liked the albino bodyguards. The free will/destiny duality argument was still fun. Carrie Ann Moss's catsuit was hot.
Link Posted: 5/15/2003 9:16:57 PM EDT
[#19]
I just got home from seeing it. While it was good, and conciderably better than most of the crap Hollywood puts out now days, I thought the orignal was better as well.

Ya'll do know that "Reloaded" is going to be re-released in the IMAX theatres in a few weeks don't ya? I'm going to have to go see it again in that format.

echo6
Link Posted: 5/15/2003 9:24:38 PM EDT
[#20]
Best review I've seen:
[url]http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A56605-2003May14.html[/url]

Link Posted: 5/15/2003 9:38:56 PM EDT
[#21]
I have my own review.

[url]http://www.crappybobandnicbig.com/forums/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=11[/url]

I know some of you guys think you sound smart when bag on a movie that should be popular.  And you think you will be different by pointing out its flaws and nitpicking some aspects.  But you brainiacs show me one better movie since The Matrix came out.  This is the best movie to come out of hollywood since the original.  Don't listen to the smarty pants in here, go see it, you won't regret it.
Link Posted: 5/15/2003 9:51:49 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 5/15/2003 9:58:44 PM EDT
[#23]
Seeing it tomorrow...cant wait. Friend called me tonite and was all ANXT after seeing it.
Link Posted: 5/16/2003 4:01:47 AM EDT
[#24]
Greetings,
Drink Powerade.
Link Posted: 5/16/2003 5:37:44 AM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 5/16/2003 5:47:40 AM EDT
[#26]
wave they spacificaly said in a "behind the sceens" type sho that there will be more of the mech.

The UMP was sick the movie was sik.
Link Posted: 5/16/2003 5:50:18 AM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 5/16/2003 6:08:10 AM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 5/16/2003 6:15:37 AM EDT
[#29]
Didi anyone else cathc the 220 swift reference in the Post review.  Pretty cool that the fella even knew what that was.  
Link Posted: 5/16/2003 6:21:55 AM EDT
[#30]
Was there a story line?  I was expecting to see great special effects in a movie, not just special effects!  And what in hell were they thinking in that last 45 mins of the movie?  As soon as he met the creator, the movie took a major nose dive.  Also, the way it ended was really frikkin dumb.  

I hope the last one makes up for this one.
Link Posted: 5/16/2003 6:22:53 AM EDT
[#31]
It was good, the first 30 minutes sucked, the Zion scenes sucked, but the rest was good.  The freeway scene kicked ass, and Neo fighting 100 agents was cool!
Link Posted: 5/16/2003 6:36:05 AM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 5/16/2003 7:43:19 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Didi anyone else cathc the 220 swift reference in the Post review.  Pretty cool that the fella even knew what that was.  
View Quote

That reviewer is Stephen Hunter. He is gun nut (though a liberal) and writes some seriously firearms-related fiction. I recommend his novels highly.
Link Posted: 5/16/2003 8:20:23 AM EDT
[#34]
Stephen Hunter is a great movie reviewer, period. He's my favorite serious movie reviewer, along with this guy named Vern [url]http://www.geocities.com/outlawvern/[/url] and Mark Ames, who's my favorite journalist in general [url]http://www.exile.ru/165/165121201.html[/url]

I just remembered that Hunter wrote an incredible article about the significance of Bin Laden's Krinkov that he always poses with. It was like it was written by a member of AK-47.net or David Fortier.  I'm looking for it....

FOUND IT! [url]http://www.wmsa.net/washpost_011126.htm[/url]
Link Posted: 5/16/2003 11:54:41 AM EDT
[#35]
I just saw it today, and I liked it a lot.  The only part I totally whiffed on was the fight between Neo and the multiple Agent Smiths...there was just too much CGI involved, too incredibly fake looking.
Other than that, I thought it rocked.  Very good movie, very cool twist at the end.
Link Posted: 5/16/2003 12:08:52 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Oh yeah, and I'd love for Trinity to bear my children!
[url]http://www.ciudadfutura.com/matrix/carrie/cam_m03.jpg[/url]
[url]http://www.musimax.net/carrie/c3.jpg[/url]
View Quote

The character, yes. The actress, no.

Saw her yesterday in an interview without any preparation. Looked like a major skank. I was shocked beyond words. MUST have been a simple bad day for her...
Link Posted: 5/16/2003 12:42:16 PM EDT
[#37]
revolutions trailer

[url]http://home.accglobal.net/~707727/video/matrix3.mpeg[/url]

someone telesynched it.
Link Posted: 5/16/2003 1:05:46 PM EDT
[#38]
The rave sucked
The soundtrack was terrible
the orgasm cake was cheesie

but I LOVED IT, next time ill go to the bathroom during the rave
Link Posted: 5/16/2003 1:07:18 PM EDT
[#39]
p.s.

[url]www.theanimatrix.com[/url]

those are official animated matrix episodes, there are 9 in total, you can get the first 4 from the site.  They explain exactly how the matrix came to exist etc and the mechs will make sense.  My friend was like whoa a mech and I was like duh, and realized she hadn't seen the animatrix.
Link Posted: 5/16/2003 1:17:02 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
p.s.

www.theanimatrix.com

those are official animated matrix episodes, there are 9 in total, you can get the first 4 from the site.  They explain exactly how the matrix came to exist etc and the mechs will make sense.  My friend was like whoa a mech and I was like duh, and realized she hadn't seen the animatrix.
View Quote
also one of the eps explains the kid that "neo saved"
Link Posted: 5/16/2003 1:46:52 PM EDT
[#41]
It was ok, maybe even good, but a good from me is quite a nice rating.
If you are really into diversity you will love this film. However someone needs to write the producers, I didn't see any eskimoes.

As for the parts that sucked...
1. The whole ooga-booga jungle dance craze in Zion... give me a break, if I wanted to see that I would have rented jungle fever and stayed at home.
2. Super "Ted" man flyabouts. Umm... didn't Cristopher Reeves do this to death already?
3. The bottonless magazines. Should have been about two tons of brass laying around the way they kept shooting.
4. The last bit with the "Architect", anyone besides me get confused?

Kewl parts...
1. I wanna see more of the Mech that guarded the gates to Zion.
2. The concept of the underworld Zion was interesting.
3. All the hot young gals attending the film, imagine dozens of Brittany Speers look-a-likes... ;)
4. Interesting concept on the vampires and ghouls.

Overall worth seeing but don't try to analyze it, it will just make your head ache.

editted to add;
Note to theater operators, TURN THE DAMN VOLUME DOWN!!!!!! I AM HALF DEAF AND IT WAS TOO FREAKING LOUD FOR ME EVEN!!!!
Link Posted: 5/16/2003 2:20:52 PM EDT
[#42]
Note to theater operators, TURN THE DAMN VOLUME DOWN!!!!!! I AM HALF DEAF AND IT WAS TOO FREAKING LOUD FOR ME EVEN!!!!

View Quote

That's why I wear earplugs in the theater.

Everybody else is like "you pussy!"
But f*ck 'em, at least I can still hear when I get out...
Link Posted: 5/16/2003 2:28:53 PM EDT
[#43]
It's cool..ending kinda leaves ya hangin..

was gonna wait and see it with the GF, but had the time and went and saw it today... will take her and see it again [:)]
Link Posted: 5/16/2003 2:36:48 PM EDT
[#44]
The action was awesome!

I liked the "plot" for the 1st movie much better though.

My .02

Eric
Link Posted: 5/16/2003 2:46:53 PM EDT
[#45]
Just saw it.

ey, whatever.

I'm actually a stunt double in the movie. Wanna learn how to fight like a girl?

Lease I got to sound smart as I informed friends what each gun was.

"Shhhh!"
Link Posted: 5/16/2003 2:48:21 PM EDT
[#46]
Reloaded and Revolutions takes place within 24 hrs but happens 6 months after The Matrix. Just thought I'd throw in the timeline.
Link Posted: 5/16/2003 3:25:13 PM EDT
[#47]
watching that movie was like wiping my ass with silk
Link Posted: 5/16/2003 4:14:22 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
I just saw it today, and I liked it a lot.  The only part I totally whiffed on was the fight between Neo and the multiple Agent Smiths...there was just too much CGI involved, too incredibly fake looking.
Other than that, I thought it rocked.  Very good movie, very cool twist at the end.
View Quote

i disliked the same scene

i wonder why he didn't just superman out of there at the beginning
Link Posted: 5/16/2003 7:16:55 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
revolutions trailer

[url]http://home.accglobal.net/~707727/video/matrix3.mpeg[/url]

someone telesynched it.
View Quote

Was this what some people saw at the end of Reloaded? Because what I saw was different.
Link Posted: 5/16/2003 7:32:45 PM EDT
[#50]
Too much damn slo-mo bullettime.  Just fight the damn fight and get on with it!
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top