Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 9
Link Posted: 5/9/2016 9:19:08 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Picked up two of them last week. Picked up a two pack just because of the hype.
They will keep two cups of coffee too hot to drink for about four hours.  They will keep ice for 12 plus hours.

My question is......who keeps anything in a 30oz cup long enough for it to last that long?  Two bottles of beer are gone in 10 minutes and a glass of coke or tea might be in there an hour.

Fight the Hype!
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Keep an eye out at Sam's Club...yesterday, the one near me, had 2 packs of the 30oz tumblers, with the Members Mark brand, for $20.

They will keep two cups of coffee too hot to drink for about four hours.  They will keep ice for 12 plus hours.

My question is......who keeps anything in a 30oz cup long enough for it to last that long?  Two bottles of beer are gone in 10 minutes and a glass of coke or tea might be in there an hour.

Fight the Hype!

Some people don't drink that fast. I use my Yeti that I got as a Christmas gift from my aunt sometimes for coffee, I don't drink it until after my hour long commute to work and it takes a bit since it's obviously a really large coffee. It would be cold by that time in a normal cup.

I haven't seen the Ozark stuff at my Walmart, but I did find the Mossy Oak brand in the household cups section. I ended up getting a 20 oz. one. I guess I kindof tested its abilities the other night. The wife and I went to a movie on a whim and I had made a glass of lemonade a few minutes before that was still half full of drink and ice. It still had ice in it when we got back 4 hours later.
Link Posted: 5/10/2016 5:55:30 PM EDT
[#2]
I hit the mother load at my Walmart (Bedford VA) - in the camping section they had 2 sections of 20oz (about 12 cups total) and one section of 30oz (about 3 or 4 cups total).. BUT on an end cap they had +50 30oz cups, even some that had been powder coated in black..

My RTIC was delivered today from Amazon but i ended up getting a 20oz and a 30oz from Walmart..

Brian
Link Posted: 5/10/2016 6:03:48 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Fight the Hype!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Keep an eye out at Sam's Club...yesterday, the one near me, had 2 packs of the 30oz tumblers, with the Members Mark brand, for $20.

Fight the Hype!

I have a 30oz RTIC that I use while I'm working.

I fill it mostly with ice, and I have a couple 32 oz old Powerade bottles that I keep filled with filtered water. I keep the ice-filled RTIC with the room temp bottles on my desk. Top it off as I drink out of it. The ice stays in there for at least a day, and that's with me pouring room temp water onto the ice several times.
Link Posted: 5/10/2016 6:27:07 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Fight the Hype!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Fight the Hype!

Now we're elitist on our tumblers between Sam's and Wally World, too?  

Alright, just ordered from Wal-Mart.com as they appear in stock at my local store.  Have to see what the hype is about.  Refuse to buy Yeti at their exorbitant prices, but I'll try a 20 and 30oz tumbler for my morning coffee for $18.  The 20 will probably go in the hiking bag despite its weight/size.  What's up with the can koozies, though?  That's what I really want and Wal-mart.com shows a pic with the Ozark tumblers but no link to the merch.
Link Posted: 5/10/2016 6:58:15 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Alright, just ordered from Wal-Mart.com as they appear in stock at my local store.  Have to see what the hype is about.  Refuse to buy Yeti at their exorbitant prices, but I'll try a 20 and 30oz tumbler for my morning coffee for $18.  The 20 will probably go in the hiking bag despite its weight/size.  What's up with the can koozies, though?  That's what I really want and Wal-mart.com shows a pic with the Ozark tumblers but no link to the merch.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Fight the Hype!

i didnt add to my earlier post - that my walmart also had 6 or so can coozies..

Brian
Link Posted: 5/10/2016 7:06:25 PM EDT
[#6]
Grabbed a 20 and 30 from Walmart today.  Now I need to find some S&W, Ruger, Colt stickers to make them "mine".
Link Posted: 5/10/2016 7:40:58 PM EDT
[#7]
NOTE - If you get the 30oz, GET a handle unless you have huge hands..

That thing is tough to hold when full

Brian
Link Posted: 5/10/2016 9:28:14 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
NOTE - If you get the 30oz, GET a handle unless you have huge hands..

That thing is tough to hold when full

Brian
View Quote

Burger King ad guy?

I use the 30 when I'm out side, less refills.
The 20oz is for indoors.
Link Posted: 5/10/2016 10:32:21 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I hit the mother load at my Walmart (Bedford VA) - in the camping section they had 2 sections of 20oz (about 12 cups total) and one section of 30oz (about 3 or 4 cups total).. BUT on an end cap they had +50 30oz cups, even some that had been powder coated in black..

My RTIC was delivered today from Amazon but i ended up getting a 20oz and a 30oz from Walmart..

Brian
View Quote

Did the website say it was instock when you bought it? I didn't stop by my local store to look b/c the website says they are out of stock everywhere in the New Orleans area.
Link Posted: 5/10/2016 10:58:16 PM EDT
[#10]
My RTIC cooler just shipped.  Woot
Link Posted: 5/11/2016 12:09:58 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote

If you don't mind me asking, which one did you get and when did you place your order?
Link Posted: 5/11/2016 12:16:29 PM EDT
[#12]
Not for me ....I'm the type that when I drink I drink and then I'm done ...Only time I nurse a drink is when there's booze in it.  I did get my wife a Yeti 30 for Mother;s Day and she seems to like it.  I could have gotten her cheaper but I know her Mom raves about hers so I figured I'm better off matching it (married man logic)
Link Posted: 5/11/2016 12:44:13 PM EDT
[#13]
I just got all my groomsmen the Hydroflask growler and the 20oz Rtic tumbler....They all seem to be pretty please witht them. I use my rtic one every day....
Link Posted: 5/11/2016 12:50:44 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Gotta break the can gasket in. Even the RTIC ones need to break in. YETI puts a can safe in theirs from the factory so the come already broken in. Once broken in you can just put a can in and screw it down no problem.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I haven't seen any of the ozark tumblers at my walmarts (sold out) but I did pick up a can coozie and it fucking sucks compared to the yeti. The most important part is the lid and it won't even screw on right. Don't waste your money on the ozark coozie.

Gotta break the can gasket in. Even the RTIC ones need to break in. YETI puts a can safe in theirs from the factory so the come already broken in. Once broken in you can just put a can in and screw it down no problem.

I'll have to try that out.  I was so pissed off that the lid wouldn't even come close to screwing on that I almost threw it away.  
Link Posted: 5/11/2016 12:55:28 PM EDT
[#15]
bought a 20oz walmart special.  Off to find a nice big glock sticker.
Link Posted: 5/11/2016 1:07:18 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
If you don't mind me asking, which one did you get and when did you place your order?

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I spoke too soon.  It's actually my backordered handle for my 30oz tumbler.  :(

I ordered the RTIC 45 in Tan on 3/15.  Account still says shipping before 5/31.
Link Posted: 5/11/2016 1:09:01 PM EDT
[#17]
Currently drinking out of my Sam's tumbler.

Gave the other to mom for mother's day.
Link Posted: 5/11/2016 1:16:55 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
The Wal Mart Ozark Trail knockoff is an exact copy of the Yeti tumbler for under $10.
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/11/2016 1:18:44 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Gotcha. I've got a couple of the tumblers that I'm happy with. I keep thinking about pulling the trigger on a tan 65, but I haven't seen any independent reviews of the coolers.
Link Posted: 5/11/2016 1:37:23 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Can't do it, just on principle. I'll buy cheap ammo and motor oil at Walmart, but can't do Walmart t-shirts or RTIC/Yeti knock offs. Which is funny because RTIC is a Yeti knockoff. But hey, consistency is overrated.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The Wal Mart Ozark Trail knockoff is an exact copy of the Yeti tumbler for under $10.

Can't do it, just on principle. I'll buy cheap ammo and motor oil at Walmart, but can't do Walmart t-shirts or RTIC/Yeti knock offs. Which is funny because RTIC is a Yeti knockoff. But hey, consistency is overrated.

But that's the thing it isn't a knock off. I can't get to videos at work but this guy proved its literally the same. Walmart isn't so much ripping them off as Yeti is pulling a fast one on you because their high dollar ones are made the same place as Walmart's cheap one.
Link Posted: 5/11/2016 3:18:32 PM EDT
[#21]
My wife bought me a 20oz Yeti tumbler.  I love it, and it keeps drinks cold and hot for hours.  I may upgrade to a 30oz RTIC next.
Link Posted: 5/11/2016 3:33:28 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

I'll have to try that out.  I was so pissed off that the lid wouldn't even come close to screwing on that I almost threw it away.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I haven't seen any of the ozark tumblers at my walmarts (sold out) but I did pick up a can coozie and it fucking sucks compared to the yeti. The most important part is the lid and it won't even screw on right. Don't waste your money on the ozark coozie.

Yeah, the top of the can gasket is rubberized and you need to push that bitch down tight around the can and then screw it down. You may have to snap the threads around the cooler before screwing but once the gasket is stretched it'll be no problem screwing it on. Leave an empty in it overnight to help it stretch.
Link Posted: 5/11/2016 4:03:47 PM EDT
[#23]
RTIC 30oz'r here. Love this thing! Use it everyday for pretty much everything I drink. Awesome cup for that tall and very cold wellers n coke to get ya through the yard work Best coffee cup ever as well.
Link Posted: 5/11/2016 7:18:22 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Did the website say it was instock when you bought it? I didn't stop by my local store to look b/c the website says they are out of stock everywhere in the New Orleans area.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Brian

I just checked and the website say they are in stock now and ready for pickup...  I was just looking yesterday and didnt check online first

b
Link Posted: 5/11/2016 7:20:42 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View Quote

Do you know if the soft side coolers have shipped at all?

I saw a review on one, but wasnt sure if the general public actually had one.

Link Posted: 5/11/2016 9:03:56 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Interesting, the soft side coolers are the only thing yeti actually patented. Would love to see a side by side of each and see how they got around the patents.
Link Posted: 5/11/2016 9:05:48 PM EDT
[#27]
Today I ordered an RTIC 20 and got a tracking number in under an hour.
Link Posted: 5/12/2016 12:31:38 AM EDT
[#28]
Got my Ozark Trail cup from Walmart today. Looks like a Yeti to me just to upset the elitists. Put some ice in the cup a few hours ago, drank the water, left it, went to the gym, came back and still ice. What sort of sorcery is this?
Link Posted: 5/12/2016 12:04:55 PM EDT
[#29]
Excited to see how this will work.

Link Posted: 5/12/2016 12:08:19 PM EDT
[#30]
Got shipping notice from RTIC about a 30 oz handle that was back ordered some time ago.

I'll try it on my Ozarks and RTIC tumblers. If I like it I will order more for $6.99.

Link Posted: 5/12/2016 12:22:06 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
are the 30oz kinda big? Would I be happier with a 30oz for cold beverages and get my dad a 20oz for coffee?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Bought 2 RTIC 30oz cups direct from RTIC.

Got them 3 days later.

My wife and I are impressed.
are the 30oz kinda big? Would I be happier with a 30oz for cold beverages and get my dad a 20oz for coffee?

That's the way to roll.
Link Posted: 5/12/2016 12:40:06 PM EDT
[#32]
Wife and I are loving our $8.00 20oz Ozark Trail mugs purchased from Walmart.
Link Posted: 5/12/2016 1:05:57 PM EDT
[#33]
I have a Stanley steel french press.  I made coffee at 0600.  If I didn't add cold water to the coffee, it would be too hot to drink for hours.  It is still barely drinkable, but here at 1000 it is still nicely warm.  The lid has been open at least 50 percent of that time.  

If the cold beverage holders work that well, they should be nothing short of amazing.  I just don't like how huge they are, or the price.
Link Posted: 5/12/2016 1:15:05 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

http://pbs.twimg.com/media/Bu9gT56IEAAT43e.jpg
View Quote

Hate to break it to you but looks like you got a cheap knockoff.
Link Posted: 5/12/2016 6:12:55 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

now now.. just because it didnt come with stickers/decals doesnt make it a knock-off   LOL

Link Posted: 5/12/2016 9:29:39 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

That's the way to roll.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Bought 2 RTIC 30oz cups direct from RTIC.

Got them 3 days later.

My wife and I are impressed.

That's the way to roll.

Yes it is...
Link Posted: 5/12/2016 9:35:02 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Now that you mention it, the word "Coolers" does look a little off-center...

Link Posted: 5/12/2016 9:54:49 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Looks legit
Link Posted: 5/12/2016 10:28:15 PM EDT
[#39]
Definitely a fake. The Chinese always screw something up. Notice how they say "coolers" when there is clearly only the one. You gotta look close, or you could get taken.
Link Posted: 5/12/2016 11:49:38 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View Quote

Reminds me of a time in Miami...we bought a cheap styro-Yeti to keep our beverages cold the night before a cruise.  On the way back to the hotel, we filled it with ice and the best beer we could afford...a 30 pack of Keystone.  Enter the hotel with styro-cooler in our arms, enter the elevator...and...SMASH!  The guy holding the cooler was holding two handles but the contents were all over the floor...we chuckled and jumped in the other elevator awaiting his arrival back in the room as he picked up the goods.
Link Posted: 5/13/2016 2:16:53 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Brian
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Fight the Hype!

Brian

I got two 20oz tumblers (work as well as my Yeti) and two koozies.  Liked the koozies too, was going to get a couple more and they no longer show up on the WM website.  Just get an error code now.

Koozies

Anybody know what happened to the Koozies?
Link Posted: 5/13/2016 2:56:28 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

I got a 20 ounce Yeti from Dick's. It's my guilty pleasure and I love the thing.  Kept my coffee warm sitting in my car this winter.

I want a beer cup and have been wondering if the Hydro Flask pints are as good as the Yeti... I have also been thinking about getting the $175 RTIC cooler instead of a bear barrel for my BWCA fishing trip.
View Quote
No. They are not. I have both. The Yeti holds cold far longer.

Link Posted: 5/13/2016 3:18:02 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:
Nope - that's a stainless growler, but it isn't double-walled.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Stanley-64-Ounce-Adventure-Steel-Growler/46276154?action=product_interest&action_type=title&item_id=46276154&placement_id=irs-302-m3&strategy=PWVAV&visitor_id&category=&client_guid=111c7575-d598-48bc-8668-abf2d7152354&customer_id_enc&config_id=302&parent_item_id=49772708&parent_anchor_item_id=49772708&guid=ca75924a-b359-4de0-87ab-36354a88dbdf&bucket_id=irsbucketdefault&beacon_version=1.0.1&findingMethod=p13n
Quoted:

Anyone know where I can get an inexpensive 64oz double-wall stainless growler?

This Stanley is currently the top of my list, at $50. Gander has them for about the same price.

Walmart is your friend!

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Stanley-64-Ounce-Adventure-Steel-Growler/46276154?action=product_interest&action_type=title&item_id=46276154&placement_id=irs-302-m3&strategy=PWVAV&visitor_id&category=&client_guid=111c7575-d598-48bc-8668-abf2d7152354&customer_id_enc&config_id=302&parent_item_id=49772708&parent_anchor_item_id=49772708&guid=ca75924a-b359-4de0-87ab-36354a88dbdf&bucket_id=irsbucketdefault&beacon_version=1.0.1&findingMethod=p13n

Nope - that's a stainless growler, but it isn't double-walled.
Klean Kanteen are GTG.

Link Posted: 5/14/2016 11:01:01 AM EDT
[#44]
possibly an ignorant question..

Vaccum Sealed vs double walled

Would the results be the same IF the double walled is sealed (air tight)?

Brian
Link Posted: 5/14/2016 11:01:24 AM EDT
[#45]
So local Walmart had ozark tumblers in stock today.  I bought a 30oz in black finish and a 20oz one.  Doing a side by side test of the 30oz ozark and RTIC tumblers.  Put 20 ice cubes in each.  Will see how they do.
Link Posted: 5/14/2016 11:24:05 AM EDT
[#46]
I got 2 20oz Ozarks yesterday.  Compared to a real one, may just be a real close copy or could be the same, hard to tell.
Link Posted: 5/14/2016 3:32:25 PM EDT
[#47]
Local store just restocked on 30's. Picking up some later today.
Link Posted: 5/14/2016 3:35:26 PM EDT
[#48]
I bought two 30-oz RTICs, one for me and one for my wife.  Thanks to this thread, I bought two Ozark Trail can coozies.  If Ozark Trail made a 10 oz lowball cup, I'd run right out and buy one of those too.

My glass lowballs broke in the dishwasher.  :-(
Link Posted: 5/14/2016 3:48:23 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
So local Walmart had ozark tumblers in stock today.  I bought a 30oz in black finish and a 20oz one.  Doing a side by side test of the 30oz ozark and RTIC tumblers.  Put 20 ice cubes in each.  Will see how they do.
View Quote

My Ozark Trail 30 oz will keep ice about 24 hours. I can fill it up with ice then pour coke from the fridge over it, drink that, refill the coke again from the fridge and there will be a few slivers of ice left about 24 hours later. I was impressed.
Link Posted: 5/14/2016 3:50:36 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:
My Ozark Trail 30 oz will keep ice about 24 hours. I can fill it up with ice then pour coke from the fridge over it, drink that, refill the coke again from the fridge and there will be a few slivers of ice left about 24 hours later. I was impressed.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I got a couple of the OT 30 oz. I'm considering rotating them out in the freezer with my rum and coke, to see if I can keep the ice from melting nearly completely.
Page / 9
Top Top