Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 9
Link Posted: 5/14/2016 4:25:38 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I got a couple of the OT 30 oz. I'm considering rotating them out in the freezer with my rum and coke, to see if I can keep the ice from melting nearly completely.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
So local Walmart had ozark tumblers in stock today.  I bought a 30oz in black finish and a 20oz one.  Doing a side by side test of the 30oz ozark and RTIC tumblers.  Put 20 ice cubes in each.  Will see how they do.

My Ozark Trail 30 oz will keep ice about 24 hours. I can fill it up with ice then pour coke from the fridge over it, drink that, refill the coke again from the fridge and there will be a few slivers of ice left about 24 hours later. I was impressed.

I got a couple of the OT 30 oz. I'm considering rotating them out in the freezer with my rum and coke, to see if I can keep the ice from melting nearly completely.

Just a heads up.. RTIC faq section on the website says 'Do NOT Place in Freezer'
Link Posted: 5/14/2016 4:33:06 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Just a heads up.. RTIC faq section on the website says 'Do NOT Place in Freezer'

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

So local Walmart had ozark tumblers in stock today.  I bought a 30oz in black finish and a 20oz one.  Doing a side by side test of the 30oz ozark and RTIC tumblers.  Put 20 ice cubes in each.  Will see how they do.

My Ozark Trail 30 oz will keep ice about 24 hours. I can fill it up with ice then pour coke from the fridge over it, drink that, refill the coke again from the fridge and there will be a few slivers of ice left about 24 hours later. I was impressed.

Rgr dat. Thanks.
Link Posted: 5/14/2016 4:39:52 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
possibly an ignorant question..

Vaccum Sealed vs double walled

Would the results be the same IF the double walled is sealed (air tight)?

Brian
View Quote

Double walled should be vacuum sealed. If the seal is broken between the double walls then the cup won't insulate as well.
Link Posted: 5/14/2016 8:57:57 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

It also says not to put them in the dishwasher.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 5/14/2016 9:06:02 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ozark Trail also warns not to microwave....pffffffft...This sucker is begging to be nuked.
Link Posted: 5/14/2016 9:17:24 PM EDT
[#6]
Found a mossy oak 20oz at Wal-Mart with a no spill lid for $9.99
Link Posted: 5/14/2016 10:14:08 PM EDT
[#7]

Made in the same factory in China as the expensive ones.
Link Posted: 5/14/2016 10:20:22 PM EDT
[#8]
Just picked up my 30 oz cups from the walmart in my area.  They had a bunch of them at the end cap near the ammo cabinet.
Link Posted: 5/14/2016 11:21:16 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
http://i1252.photobucket.com/albums/hh564/ztug/ozark_zpswatuyekg.jpg
View Quote

I want one of those for a 24oz can.
Link Posted: 5/14/2016 11:27:33 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Picked one up Friday, did an ice test and still had a decent sized chunk of floating ice after 27 hours.  

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 5/15/2016 1:14:46 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote

Seriously.  In what aisle do they hide these?  I couldn't even find the tumblers that I ordered and picked up in-store as I was looking for a second 20oz for the wife since she complained I never buy his & hers.
Link Posted: 5/15/2016 1:26:49 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Seriously.  In what aisle do they hide these?  I couldn't even find the tumblers that I ordered and picked up in-store as I was looking for a second 20oz for the wife since she complained I never buy his & hers.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Camping. Mine had 30oz tumblers,  powdercoat black today. If they had been FDE they'd have been sold out....
Link Posted: 5/15/2016 1:34:16 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Camping. Mine had 30oz tumblers,  powdercoat black today. If they had been FDE they'd have been sold out....
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I've seen them in camping and also hidden amongst the summer seasonal stuff usually near the front of the stores
Link Posted: 5/15/2016 1:38:53 AM EDT
[#14]
Yeti Stickers on truck windows are gay.
Link Posted: 5/15/2016 1:41:44 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
+ 1 for RTIC everyone in my unit is nuts for the YETI stuff, I get the same thing for 1/2 price with RTIC, they also have super fast shipping and great customer service.
View Quote

I might just have to buy one
Link Posted: 5/15/2016 2:03:09 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Dang it, wish I would have seen this before I submitted my order. Would have gotten the closable lies and a handle for the 20oz for my dad's.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Are those things really so awesome? I like the idea of having a cold drink stay cold for hours. I'm not much of a coffee drinker, but my dad is, thought I might score one for my dad.

Yes.  RTIC and YETI are pretty awesome.  The RTIC has a nicer closable top, but you have to pay for it.

I own three.  It's all I use anymore.

Dang it, wish I would have seen this before I submitted my order. Would have gotten the closable lies and a handle for the 20oz for my dad's.

Same here i just ordered a 30 oz.  Saw the post about the lid, went to order it and they want $6.99 to ship the lid, WTF?  Tumbler shiped for free.  Tried to cancel the tumbler order but it says it already shipped.  i ordered it 15 min ago.  its 10:56 pm on a saturday night.  i know it hasn't shipped. kinda upset.
Link Posted: 5/15/2016 7:39:42 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

+ 1 for RTIC everyone in my unit is nuts for the YETI stuff, I get the same thing for 1/2 price with RTIC, they also have super fast shipping and great customer service.

Hold off.  Get the ozark imo.  I'll post up my ice tests here later this morning.  The ozark looks much better.
Link Posted: 5/15/2016 8:34:50 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Hold off.  Get the ozark imo.  I'll post up my ice tests here later this morning.  The ozark looks much better.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I filled not even half a tumbler of ice in my Ozark 20oz at 9:30PM.  Filled it up a few times with water and drank until bed when I filled it again and placed by my bedside.  By 6:30 when I woke up there was still ice chips and the water ice cold.  It's the same damn thing, only cheaper and sold at your neighborhood Wal-mart.
Link Posted: 5/15/2016 11:59:20 AM EDT
[#19]
https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=B15CE432DF911F1C!540&authkey=!AMibKAIQ0BA-h1o&ithint=folder%2c

Pictures from over 24hrs. Imo the ozark holds ice a little better than the RTIC.  Maybe it's the black powder coating.  Haha

20 ice cubes were placed in both tumblers.  

Times were:

5-14 10:30am

5-14  2:50pm

5-14  7:50pm

5-14 10:50pm

5-15  7:00am

5-15 10:30am

Other 2 photos were a comparison of the ice that came out.  
Link Posted: 5/15/2016 12:06:37 PM EDT
[#20]
The Ozark Trail tumblers are one of the few things I've bought in a long time that I feel like I got more than my money's worth.
Link Posted: 5/15/2016 1:31:03 PM EDT
[#21]
Found a new bottle koozie.

Bottle keeper.

So far I like it

Link Posted: 5/15/2016 1:34:55 PM EDT
[#22]
I just got back from my local Walmart and a few 20's and 30's left and a butt load of koozies.

I bought another 20 oz just because.I did not see any coated black tumblers otherwise I would have bought one.
Link Posted: 5/15/2016 3:22:41 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Bottle keeper.

So far I like it

http://www.gadgetking.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/the-bottle-keeper.jpg
View Quote

Can you share with the class what it is? Manufacturer, price, purchase location? It looks pretty cool.
Link Posted: 5/15/2016 3:27:13 PM EDT
[#24]
I'm late to the party, but isn't RTIC just a YETI cooler with the same logo, since they source coolers from the same Chinese factory?
Link Posted: 5/15/2016 6:25:15 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

I'm late to the party, but isn't RTIC just a YETI cooler with the same logo, since they source coolers from the same Chinese factory?
View Quote

Pretty sure the RTIC uses internal capacity for their numbers, where the YETI uses the internal capacity of the outer shell.
Link Posted: 5/15/2016 6:29:42 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Can you share with the class what it is? Manufacturer, price, purchase location? It looks pretty cool.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Bottle keeper.

So far I like it

Bottlekeeper.com
Link Posted: 5/16/2016 1:33:18 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Went and picked up an Ozark 2 oz today
Link Posted: 5/16/2016 12:24:12 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yeah, they work great, but they aren't on the website anymore. Anyone know why?
Link Posted: 5/16/2016 12:52:30 PM EDT
[#29]
For those of you who have the ozarks, that the lids don't fit right, Look at the rubber gasket, it may be on upside down.

Here is one of the Ozark trail (left) that the lid wasn't fitting right, compared to a Yeti one (right)

The gasket on the Ozark Trail was on upside down, with the bigger ring section on the bottom instead of the top. I pulled it off with a dental hook, and flipped it around, and it fits great now.
Link Posted: 5/16/2016 1:10:01 PM EDT
[#30]
Bought a couple of Ozark 30 Saturday, left ice in it all night, 12 hours later had only a swallow of water, most of the ice still there.

Buckees here in Texas now has RTIC 20 & 30 oz tumblers. The 30 oz were $19.95.
Link Posted: 5/16/2016 1:35:03 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

I do the same--the RTIC is at work--initials on one side, BFL on the other.
The YETI is at home.

I also bought stainless straws.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have the Yeti 30, RTIC 20, & RTIC 30.

Neither have an advantage over the other except someone is more likely to steal the Yeti off your desk.  I use the Yeti at home and the RTIC at work.

I do the same--the RTIC is at work--initials on one side, BFL on the other.
The YETI is at home.

I also bought stainless straws.

link to the straws?!
ETA: NVM found it
Link Posted: 5/16/2016 1:38:00 PM EDT
[#32]
The Cognoscenti say that the bottom has been knocked out of Stainless Vacuum Tumbler prices...
Link Posted: 5/19/2016 9:08:12 PM EDT
[#34]
I ended up buying another 30 oz from Walmart so I have two of each..  they are all i have been drinking out of since i got them..  

great thread..

Brian
Link Posted: 5/19/2016 9:59:21 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 5/20/2016 10:19:52 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Excited to see how this will work.

http://pbs.twimg.com/media/Bu9gT56IEAAT43e.jpg
View Quote

A friend of mine who works at his parent's bait/tackle/general store draws all sorts of shit like that on the styrocoolers they sell there. He tacks a couple of bucks on the price and they sell like crazy. People will actually skip the blank ones to buy one with a sharpie'd on Yeti logo.
Link Posted: 5/20/2016 10:54:26 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Went and picked up an Ozark 2 oz today
View Quote

If you're letting your chilled shots sit around long enough to need a 2oz Yeti clone I'd say you're doing it wrong.

Link Posted: 5/20/2016 5:52:59 PM EDT
[#38]
My RTIC 30oz handle does not fit especially well on an Ozark. The top ring should move up another 1/4" to allow  the bottom ring to fully engage. I believe a few swipes on the inside of the top ring with some extra fine sandpaper would make a perfect fit.
Link Posted: 5/20/2016 6:01:17 PM EDT
[#39]
Walked past an endcap of 20oz. Ozark trail cups at Walmart neighborhood market the other night for 7.99 .
Grabbed two for the wife and I. Shes a coffee drinker and I like cold drinks. Both impressed at each end of the scale.
Appreciate the reviews because these cups are pretty awesome but no way would I have ever spent the money on a more expensive brand.
Link Posted: 5/20/2016 6:46:48 PM EDT
[#40]
I actually only paid 40 for my yeti.

My wife comes home today with four 30 oz ozarks and one ozark beer holder.

Now I am slumming with the peasants

Link Posted: 5/20/2016 7:02:34 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Oh shit.

$147
View All Quotes

Aww hell, I just ordered the 73 quart one. It will be here 5/31. Free shipping to the house
Link Posted: 5/20/2016 8:37:13 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Bottle keeper.

So far I like it

View Quote

From my limited research, it doesn't really keep your beer any colder than a koozie.
Link Posted: 5/20/2016 8:51:19 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

From my limited research, it doesn't really keep your beer any colder than a koozie.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Bottle keeper.

So far I like it

Probably not, but my wife likes it. I do like the fact that you can reseal it and if you drop it you don't get glass everywhere. This is especially important on a boat. Also its an incognito way of bringing a beer to functions.
Link Posted: 5/21/2016 9:40:53 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View Quote

That sucks, bro. Keep your chin up.
You know what this thread really needs is KTMsx to drop some condescension bombs. He's the troll master of status threads. Cracks me up every time.
Link Posted: 5/21/2016 8:15:53 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

You know what this thread really needs is KTMsx to drop some condescension bombs. He's the troll master of status threads. Cracks me up every time.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes, he would tell us how only a yeti keeps his beer cold as he patrols his 600 acre compound

I bought that big ozark cooler, i will update with a review when it gets here.
Link Posted: 5/23/2016 5:04:33 PM EDT
[#46]
Not sure I needed it, but they had a few of them in stock for the first time. I guess there is a high demand for them and it's a hot item when they put the theft alarms on a cooler.

Link Posted: 5/23/2016 5:35:37 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Not sure I needed it, but they had a few of them in stock for the first time. I guess there is a high demand for them and it's a hot item when they put the theft alarms on a cooler.

http://i65.tinypic.com/30dcnyo.jpg

http://i66.tinypic.com/110yurc.jpg

http://i63.tinypic.com/23w60ef.jpg
View Quote
I picked one up the other day as well.. They had the bigger ones too, but I decided on that guy.

Link Posted: 5/29/2016 10:25:38 PM EDT
[#48]
The new Buc-ees near me had a ton of 30oz RTIC cups for $19.95. A ACE Hardware near me has same size YETI cups for $29.95.
Link Posted: 5/30/2016 12:39:57 AM EDT
[#49]

I like my 30 oz Ozark ans SS straw
Link Posted: 5/30/2016 12:53:33 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Yeti Stickers on truck windows are gay.
View Quote

A Yeti sticker just screams "I bought the Seiders brothers multi million dollar homes" to me.
Page / 9
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top