Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 5/7/2003 6:21:11 AM EDT
"He that suffers his life to be taken from him by one that hath no authority for that purpose, when he might preserve it by defense, incurs the Guilt of self murder since God hath enjoined him to seek the continuance of his life, and Nature itselfteaches every creature to defend itself."
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 6:30:15 AM EDT
I've thrown that one at some Christian Anti's before.... shuts them up real quick.
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 6:36:56 AM EDT
Why is it that it takes only one match to start a forest fire, but it takes a whole box to start a campfire?
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 6:54:57 AM EDT
Just curious, where is that quote from? If I need to use it someday, want to be able to cite the source if questioned. Thx
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 7:03:41 AM EDT
Hamburger, I think that was from the Pope's 'Evangeleum Vitae' from a few years back. Kinda like a religious 'state of the union', IIRC. I think you can find reference to it in a few articles over at [url]www.keepandbeararms.com[/url]
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 9:25:58 AM EDT
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 9:33:44 AM EDT
Originally Posted By Big_Bear: That's from Jeff Snyder's [i]A Nation of Cowards[/i], quoting a sermon given in Philadelphia in 1747.
View Quote
Ding! Ding! Ding! Ding! That's correct. The preacher's name is not given. Sorry. Scott
Top Top