Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/7/2003 6:21:11 AM EDT
"He that suffers his life to be taken from him by one that hath no authority for that purpose, when he might preserve it by defense, incurs the Guilt of self murder since God hath enjoined him to seek the continuance of his life, and Nature itselfteaches every creature to defend itself."
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 6:30:15 AM EDT
[#1]
I've thrown that one at some Christian Anti's before.... shuts them up real quick.  

Link Posted: 5/7/2003 6:36:56 AM EDT
[#2]
Why is it that it takes only one match to start a forest fire, but it takes a whole box to start a campfire?
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 6:54:57 AM EDT
[#3]
Just curious, where is that quote from?
If I need to use it someday, want to be able to cite the source if questioned.
Thx
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 7:03:41 AM EDT
[#4]
Hamburger,

I think that was from the Pope's 'Evangeleum Vitae' from a few years back.  Kinda like a religious 'state of the union', IIRC.  

I think you can find reference to it in a few articles over at [url]www.keepandbeararms.com[/url]

Link Posted: 5/7/2003 9:25:58 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 9:33:44 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
That's from Jeff Snyder's [i]A Nation of Cowards[/i], quoting a sermon given in Philadelphia in 1747.
View Quote

Ding! Ding! Ding! Ding!

That's correct.  The preacher's name is not given.  Sorry.

Scott
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top