Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 3/26/2016 3:05:06 PM EDT
[#1]
Funny thing is this time Trump can't be stopped.

Trump will soon rule the GOP, it will be like taking candy from a child.

This is one train that won't be stopped no matter

How much money the GOP uses to fight him.

Link Posted: 3/26/2016 3:08:40 PM EDT
[#2]
Trump only need 498 delegates out of the remaining 944.

Cruz and Kasich are on fumes, and Trump is running on a nuke reactor.

Better buy you MAGA hat now
Link Posted: 3/26/2016 3:10:55 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I'm not voting for Hillary, but I am not voting for Paul Ryan either.  Choose wisely GOPe.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
This crap has gone from hate to full blown crying.

Some folks have gone almost insane.

They will now "vote for Hillary".

Insanity.

I'm not voting for Hillary, but I am not voting for Paul Ryan either.  Choose wisely GOPe.

They can give us trump or Cruz or they can watch their party burn to the ground
Link Posted: 3/26/2016 3:14:31 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 3/26/2016 3:18:24 PM EDT
[#5]
You Trumpettes were voting for a Democrat all along, Why is this thread anything new?
Link Posted: 3/26/2016 3:21:56 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Easy.  If the candidate with the "most" votes has 40% of the votes, that means that 60% of the voters don't want him.  Why should they give it to him?

The rules say, "Bring 1237 delegates to the convention and you win.  If not, then we have another method."

Those are the rules, and everyone knew them before we started.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
We've already done this.

It has been explained.  Nothing "stolen".

So why wouldn't they pick the candidate with the most delegates or votes or whatever? Why wouldn't they pick who ever came closest? Serious question.

Easy.  If the candidate with the "most" votes has 40% of the votes, that means that 60% of the voters don't want him.  Why should they give it to him?

The rules say, "Bring 1237 delegates to the convention and you win.  If not, then we have another method."

By that logic there shouldn't be any candidate since the rest of them did notably worse than 40% and therefore more than 60% of the voters don't want them.  Heck, some of the names floated didn't even run.  

ETA:  It's also mathematically impossible for Kasich to win at this point.  The only thing he is doing in the race at this point is to try to make sure nobody gets a majority.  
Link Posted: 3/26/2016 3:23:02 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Usual suspects, you're pathetic

TRUMP 2016
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

We've already done this.

TRUMP 2016
When he wrote USUAL SUSPECT I thought how ironic and began to laugh immediately.  
Link Posted: 3/26/2016 3:24:49 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

By that logic there shouldn't be any candidate since the rest of them did notably worse than 40% and therefore more than 60% of the voters don't want them.  Heck, some of the names floated didn't even run.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

We've already done this.

So why wouldn't they pick the candidate with the most delegates or votes or whatever? Why wouldn't they pick who ever came closest? Serious question.

Shh... you'll vote for who they tell you to vote for.
Link Posted: 3/26/2016 3:28:25 PM EDT
[#9]
I am surprised they haven't started following the Dems and introduced a "super delegate" vote for the next time around.
Link Posted: 3/26/2016 3:30:55 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 3/26/2016 3:34:27 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Get F#cked GOPe.

I will vote Dem ticket for everyone just out of Spite.......actions have consequences..... and I'm prepared to face mine.
View Quote

I have committed to punching in Donald Trump's name on machine and voting against every Republican down ballot. So I know where you are at.
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/26/2016 3:36:56 PM EDT
[#12]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Get F#cked GOPe.

I will vote Dem ticket for everyone just out of Spite.......actions have consequences..... and I'm prepared to face mine.

I have committed to punching in Donald Trump's name on machine and voting against every Republican down ballot. So I know where you are at.

http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q17/surveyor3/image_zps4mbpffvn.png

He's taking his ball and going home.
Link Posted: 3/26/2016 3:39:59 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I am surprised they haven't started following the Dems and introduced a "super delegate" vote for the next time around.
View Quote

Already there.
Link Posted: 3/26/2016 4:16:23 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
When he wrote USUAL SUSPECT I thought how ironic and began to laugh immediately.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
We've already done this.

TRUMP 2016

much ache

TRUMP 2016
Link Posted: 3/26/2016 4:18:38 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 3/26/2016 4:27:06 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Get F#cked GOPe.

View Quote

You fail at understanding how political parties work. You as a voter can vote for ANYONE, but a political party is not obliged to put out what people vote for in the primary.
Link Posted: 3/26/2016 4:50:48 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
According to a projection by The Crystal Ball (Larry Sabato's University of Virginia Center for Politics), Trump will arrive at the convention with around 1,239 pledged delegates, based on likely voting in the remaining primaries. Now, not all of those delegates are dedicated Trump supporters, and some of them could be persuaded to vote for other candidates, even on the first ballot. There will be a lot of machinations between June 7, when the last primaries are held, and July 18, the opening of the convention. Those 40 days are the period of the "meta-campaign," during which Trump will try to shore up his support, while his GOP establishment opponents try to erode it.

If Trump is nominated, he will be a weak candidate in the general election, almost guaranteed to lose to Hillary Clinton. (The latest poll shows him even losing Utah. Utah!) If he is not nominated, the Republican party will be splintered and, again, any candidate the official party puts forward will lose to Clinton.

The really bad part in all of this is that a landslide loss to Clinton will have negative coattails for the Senate and House elections. The Republicans will probably lose control of the Senate, and maybe even the House. If the Democrats win the presidency and the Senate, they can name whoever they want to the Supreme Court, beginning with Scalia's empty seat.

As gun owners, it looks as though we are screwed. This wasn't supposed to happen.
View Quote

So to put it  bluntly, we are fucked no matter what happens.  There is no possible win for us.

Link Posted: 3/26/2016 4:54:50 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

You fail at understanding how political parties work. You as a voter can vote for ANYONE, but a political party is not obliged to put out what people vote for in the primary.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Get F#cked GOPe.

Which is why, other than for local politics, I consider myself a independent.
Link Posted: 3/26/2016 9:33:22 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

And you are correct.  There won't be any "winner" by delegates.  If no candidate has 1237 votes, then they didn't "win".

That means there has to be another way to pick the Republican candidate, and there are rules for how that is done.  Everyone knew the rules before we started and agreed to them.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
We've already done this.

And you are correct.  There won't be any "winner" by delegates.  If no candidate has 1237 votes, then they didn't "win".

That means there has to be another way to pick the Republican candidate, and there are rules for how that is done.  Everyone knew the rules before we started and agreed to them.

That  ..."we have another method" part ...

The rules change, are subjected to interpretation and manipulations by those who've vested themselves into key leadership positions to ensure the parties survival --nothing to do with even considering what the primary system has produced unless there's a "consensus" on the 1237 delegates and the party leaders agree to accept the candidate. This is political masturbation to satisfy a handful of "elite" Republicans to maintain their party positions and influences. Absolutely nothing to do with recognizing the "will of the people" because the "will of the people" is weak and subject to emotional manipulation by personal, social, regional issues shaped by a manipulative media fed with $$ from partisan, vested interest groups. Elaborate theatre that encourages and allows public participation for a scripted outcome.

Unfortunately or fortunately for us the peons, there are too many variables to control. We've peaked behind the elaborate shiny curtains and seen them smoking cigars, sipping whiskey and getting blow jobs in the Oval Office while they plan their next vacation at our expense and use pen and phone to do the bidding of their wealthy benefactors.

Fuck that shit.

The "elite" denizens of Washington D.C. have systematically, for a century, corrupted a political process that was supposed to recognize and acknowledge input from all the competing interests in outlying provinces to select a national leader to best represent, protect and present our nations' interests. Instead, they've skillfully crafted "laws" to give themselves advantages denied to others and implemented "laws" to ensure the success of selected practices and activities that best suit the needs of those already ensconced in powerful political party seats.

Should they choose to continue these manipulations, and I have no doubt they will, they accelerate and intensify political dissent. When they continue to be unaccountable to the Constitution and the "rule of law" and laughingly ignore their own public treasons while inflicting unyielding bureaucratic consternations upon "the public at large" they risk our futures and the Republic as a whole.

Why would they so willingly and knowingly do this thing? Because they imagine, with a high degree of certainty and power, that they've insulated themselves with money and power and have only to answer to themselves through the partisan bureaucracies they've created to insulate themselves for their misdeeds and actions.

Certainly, the seeds that were sewn have sprouted. The crop of trees, unwelcome as they are, deeply rooted now, will branch out. And the fruits will be sustenance for the next American revolution. After 2017, political power will most certainly continue being enforced through overreaching bureaucracy and selective law enforcement actions to suppress dissent. Washington D.C.'s tenuous hold on power is going to be challenged more forcefully and relentlessly until it either crumbles or yields to incessant demands for change. Real change, not fake name change.

May the tyrants sleep uneasy and may their next bed be ever more distant from the last.
Link Posted: 3/26/2016 9:41:06 PM EDT
[#20]
Just going to go ahead and lol @ this thread.

Link Posted: 3/26/2016 9:47:24 PM EDT
[#21]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Get F#cked GOPe.

http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q17/surveyor3/image_zps4mbpffvn.png

My Congressman and Senator surrender on the Omnibus Spending Bill. Actually my Congressman's staff bragged about him being on the Budget Committee and HELPING WRITE THE DAMN BILL!  So why would I vote for a single one of them.?
Link Posted: 3/26/2016 9:49:02 PM EDT
[#22]
So what's OP's hissy fit about this time?

Did someone write GOPe in chalk on his sidewalk or something?
Link Posted: 3/26/2016 9:49:37 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Get F#cked GOPe.

View Quote

*click*
Link Posted: 3/26/2016 9:55:33 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
*click*
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Get F#cked GOPe.

*click*

I was told in another thread that only Cruz supporters say things like this.

Dat fluid narrative doe.
Link Posted: 3/27/2016 12:05:47 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

So why should we, as you say, give it to any of them?
Link Posted: 3/27/2016 12:10:14 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

There's something mildly amusing about these threads.

If the republicans don't nominate my liberal democrat why I'll just go vote for the liberal democrat.
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/27/2016 12:11:31 AM EDT
[#27]
dupe times many
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top