Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 3/14/2016 2:43:08 PM EDT
The "play stupid games, win stupid prizes" is strong in this one.

Interestingly, one of the officers on his appeal board was LTC Kate Germano

https://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics/local/marine/

He’d been fighting to prove it ever since two young women accused the
former history instructor at the U.S. Naval Academy of having sex with
them while they were students. One of the women said the 2011 liaison —
amid a drunken night of strip poker at his Annapolis home — was
consensual and part of an ongoing relationship. The other called it
rape.

At his court-martial, a nine-member jury had acquitted Thompson of
the sexual assault charge but still found him guilty of five lesser
offenses, including conduct unbecoming an officer, indecent conduct and
fraternization.

The verdict devastated him, marring a career and reputation he’d
built for more than two decades. On June 3, 2013, the combat veteran was
sentenced to two months’ confinement in a military prison and fined
$60,000, though his jurors stopped short of kicking him out of the
service.
Link Posted: 3/14/2016 2:58:25 PM EDT
[#1]
What a cluster-fuck.
Link Posted: 3/14/2016 3:32:14 PM EDT
[#2]
as a former Army JAG prosecutor and defense counsel, I can say this:

1.  Of all the appellate cases in which convictions were overturned for shady police work, NCIS was involved in the vast majority of them.

2.  The officer corps is mercilessly moralistic and holier-than-thou.  I'm not surprised at the one juror who said WTTE "lotsa holes in both stories, but it seemed something improper happened."  HEY DUMBASS, THAT IS NOT PROOF BEYOND REASONABLE DOUBT.

I had an O-6 brigade commander tell me once that a mere allegation of a "zipper problem" was as good as a conviction in his mind.  So, I immediately asked him what he thought would happen if I left his office, went to the CG, and said "COL X solicited me for oral sex."  He got the point.

Link Posted: 3/14/2016 3:33:57 PM EDT
[#3]
Not his most brilliant moment, probably.
Link Posted: 3/14/2016 3:36:55 PM EDT
[#4]
Major is full of shit.

He knowingly lied to someone he hoped would help exonerate him, leaving out damning details.
He knowingly lied to the Board of Inquiry.

I doubt the threesome was rape, whether forecful or due to her intoxication. I think the girl regretted it later.

He seems pretty slimey to me. Hopefully the Appeals Board will pound his dick in a door for perjury at the Board of Inquiry.
Link Posted: 3/14/2016 3:39:48 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 3/14/2016 3:41:18 PM EDT
[#6]
Speaking from my experience as a sex crimes detective for years...

Ever since regret became the socially accepted basis for rape, no one man is being treated fairly.
Link Posted: 3/14/2016 3:44:59 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Ever since regret became the socially accepted basis for rape, no one man is being treated fairly.
View Quote

bazing
Link Posted: 3/14/2016 3:47:03 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote

That's interesting. A good friend of mine is a defense attorney and he's pulled quite a few "rape by regret" cases.

Those cases should be hammered as hard or harder than it would have gone on the defendant.
Link Posted: 3/14/2016 3:55:24 PM EDT
[#9]
My parents are both teachers, my dad was at the college level.

I cannot fathom a reason why a student would ever have either of their personal phone numbers. Or even know their address, let alone visit their house.
Link Posted: 3/14/2016 4:00:56 PM EDT
[#10]
He should know better. Never put yourself into a position that can be questioned for any impropriety.
Link Posted: 3/14/2016 4:01:38 PM EDT
[#11]
Sooo.  When does the epic Hollywood revenge massacre happen?

Link Posted: 3/14/2016 4:03:31 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
He should know better. Never put yourself into a position that can be questioned for any impropriety.
View Quote

Then how does one slay poon?
Link Posted: 3/14/2016 4:37:17 PM EDT
[#13]
I guess he can forget about ever seeing O-5.
Link Posted: 3/14/2016 4:37:19 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You don't.  Humanity ceases to procreate, goes extinct, and the world continues on with much higher level of environmental cleanliness and quality.
Link Posted: 3/14/2016 5:47:02 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Don't slay subordinate/student poon.

Poon is a magnet for trouble enough as it is.
Link Posted: 3/14/2016 5:49:54 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote

I'd vote for loss of numbers, at the very least.

Hope I'm remembering correctly. Basically takes away all an officers time in grade "points". it's basically a career ender.
Link Posted: 3/14/2016 5:51:55 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

You don't.  Humanity ceases to procreate, goes extinct, and the world continues on with much higher level of environmental cleanliness and quality.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Part in bold is bullshit.
Link Posted: 3/14/2016 5:58:17 PM EDT
[#18]
I think an officer got fucked.

Since I never served under him or knew anyone who had I can't call him a good officer.
Link Posted: 3/14/2016 6:00:58 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

What? You don't think the world is better off without humans?

I bet you're one of them Global warming denialists.

Denier!

Link Posted: 3/14/2016 6:02:51 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

I cannot fathom a reason why a student would ever have either of their personal phone numbers. Or even know their address, let alone visit their house.
View Quote

My ex was a college professor, and we had students here all the time, especially those working research projects.  I still have students here often, mostly foreign nationals - at least two will be staying here for spring break next week.  Not an exciting place to spend spring break, but it's comfier than their digs back at the school.
Link Posted: 3/14/2016 6:02:55 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Since I never served under him or knew anyone who had I can't call him a good officer.
View Quote
That's the point of the trial.

Link Posted: 3/14/2016 6:10:44 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View Quote

She was the manager of the travelling rifle team that he coached. Thus I can see her having a phone number.  A lot of coaches and officers and local families and faculty sponsor mids, so having one visit the house it no unusual.  I agree that it seem bad headwork on his part, but really not that unusual in Annapolis.
Link Posted: 3/14/2016 6:13:57 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

She was the manager of the travelling rifle team that he coached. Thus I can see her having a phone number.  A lot of coaches and officers and local families and faculty sponsor mids, so having one visit the house it no unusual.  I agree that it seem bad headwork on his part, but really not that unusual in Annapolis.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That headwork must have been outstanding, to trash a career over.
Link Posted: 3/14/2016 6:16:32 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Unless you've been fucked by the green weenie then you have no idea what its like to be properly fucked.
Link Posted: 3/14/2016 6:16:52 PM EDT
[#25]
Bottom line, you're an instructor in e military, you don't fraternize with your subordinates. It's that fucking simple, you set yourself up for an all pain no gain circumstance where you have the most to lose. Who cares if it was consensual, he was an idiot to put himself in that situation.
Link Posted: 3/14/2016 6:17:08 PM EDT
[#26]
What ever happened to jerking off and going to bed?
Link Posted: 3/14/2016 6:27:23 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
I think I'll make a complaint against a squadron commander for throwing a (n excellent) 4th of July barbeque at his home for several of the young and impressionable airmen in his squadron.

We got really, really drunk on a vodka infused watermelon.  Beer and booze everywhere, there might have been a minor present.  No telling what happened, it was a hot, disorienting day near Denver.  Someone probably did something embarrassing, such as take off their shirts.  BBQ's hamburgers, WTF, we should have had steak.

View Quote

Thankfully our aloha friday pig roast were sausage fests. I think the only women I saw at them were wifes picking up drunk husbands.

Not that i wouldn't have loved some women there but if there's no women than no women can accuse me of rape. Another benefit of the old infantry.
Link Posted: 3/14/2016 6:28:55 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Bottom line, you're an instructor in e military, you don't fraternize with your subordinates. It's that fucking simple, you set yourself up for an all pain no gain circumstance where you have the most to lose. Who cares if it was consensual, he was an idiot to put himself in that situation.
View Quote

We had both GI and federal civil service instructors, and the GIs never fraternized with the students, but at least one of the civilians did.

I think the students would have thought it was creepy if a GI instructor had been familiar toward them.

I know I would have when I was a student.

Link Posted: 3/14/2016 6:29:53 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Major is full of shit.

He knowingly lied to someone he hoped would help exonerate him, leaving out damning details.
He knowingly lied to the Board of Inquiry.

I doubt the threesome was rape, whether forecful or due to her intoxication. I think the girl regretted it later.

He seems pretty slimey to me. Hopefully the Appeals Board will pound his dick in a door for perjury at the Board of Inquiry.
View Quote

In today's world girls are taught that "regret" and "rape" are Same thing.
Link Posted: 3/14/2016 6:33:49 PM EDT
[#30]
This is one of one million circumstances that everyone past E-3 knows will end in potential career death. They know it. Everyone does.

Just playing strip poker with the subordinates and not fucking anyone was enough.

Probably just drinking with them was enough.

Risk vs gain. Obviously .mil pussy is apparently fucking magical enough to make people willing to throw away real careers (CO's, SNCOs' CWO's etc)
Link Posted: 3/14/2016 6:45:26 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Risk vs gain. Obviously .mil pussy is apparently fucking magical enough to make people willing to throw away real careers (CO's, SNCOs' CWO's etc)
View Quote

If you're gonna throw your career away over it, I'm sure USNA or USAFA has the best options.
Link Posted: 3/14/2016 6:46:31 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
This is one of one million circumstances that everyone past E-3 knows will end in potential career death. They know it. Everyone does.

Just playing strip poker with the subordinates and not fucking anyone was enough.

View Quote

CWG is the SME on .mil pussy so I defer to him
Link Posted: 3/14/2016 6:59:08 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I waited until my last week to embark on smash fest 2013. For that reason.
Link Posted: 3/14/2016 7:15:00 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
View Quote

He's got bigger problems than that.  He lied at his court martial, lied at the board of inquiry, and now it's been published in the Washington post, because he's a fucking idiot and kept pushing buttons knowing he lied.  It would not surprise me if he's facing additional charges because of that article.

Link Posted: 3/14/2016 7:19:32 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

He’d been fighting to prove it ever since two young women accused the former history instructor at the U.S. Naval Academy of having sex with them while they were students. One of the women said the 2011 liaison — amid a drunken night of strip poker at his Annapolis home — was consensual and part of an ongoing relationship. The other called it rape.

At his court-martial, a nine-member jury had acquitted Thompson of the sexual assault charge but still found him guilty of five lesser offenses, including conduct unbecoming an officer, indecent conduct and fraternization.

The verdict devastated him, marring a career and reputation he’d built for more than two decades. On June 3, 2013, the combat veteran was sentenced to two months’ confinement in a military prison and fined $60,000, though his jurors stopped short of kicking him out of the service.
View Quote

Zero sympathy for the jarhead.  What a stunning display of bad judgement.
Link Posted: 3/14/2016 7:23:24 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View Quote

I'll have to disagree, but that's based on my own experiences.  These days it's probably too much of a risk, even if the circumstances are entirely innocent.
Link Posted: 3/14/2016 7:31:31 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

But wouldn't the world be so much nicer without that horrible plague called humans  People actually believe that shit.
Link Posted: 3/14/2016 7:37:32 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View Quote

Or Facebook.  At all.
Link Posted: 3/14/2016 7:39:48 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The guy already had a girlfriend/fiance.  Ostensibly, poon on demand.  Apparently was not enough for Major Libido.
Link Posted: 3/14/2016 7:45:14 PM EDT
[#40]
Just finished the article.  Thompson is facing some serious problems.  

Approaching a reporter to tell your carefully guided half of a story to save your retirement and security clearance ... only to have the reporter blow up your story with evidence to the contrary?  Ouch.  Monumentally stupid.
Link Posted: 3/14/2016 7:51:38 PM EDT
[#41]
Why any guy in any service ever hooks up with a female service member is beyond me. Playing with fire. All they need is to get pissed at you  or have a tinge of regret and Boom, your shit is done. Although in his case plenty of UCMJ seems deserved.
Link Posted: 3/14/2016 7:54:02 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
View Quote

There you go.....when we live in an age of good being called bad and bad being called good....the only sin is not getting what you want.
Link Posted: 3/14/2016 7:55:58 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Trash a career for what? Giving the team manager your number? I'd think a coach would want the equipment manager to communicate with him, yes?

Having mids over? Not that big a deal. In fact, faculty are encouraged it.

It is the "going running" meetings that are more concerning. That and being alone with a subordinate of the opposite sex, no matter how innocuous is bad juju.  

The final word though, is that she lied and lied about another inappropriate relationship.  Rape is serious business. She should be in jail for the false accusation.

Link Posted: 3/14/2016 7:56:50 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Why any guy in any service ever hooks up with a female service member is beyond me. Playing with fire. All they need is to get pissed at you  or have a tinge of regret and Boom, your shit is done. Although in his case plenty of UCMJ seems deserved.
View Quote

yeah, mistakes were made.
Link Posted: 3/14/2016 7:57:22 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Approaching a reporter to tell your carefully guided half of a story to save your retirement and security clearance ... only to have the reporter blow up your story with evidence to the contrary?  Ouch.  Monumentally stupid.
View Quote

debauchery as a lifestyle generally leads to reduced IQ
Link Posted: 3/14/2016 8:00:20 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
View Quote

You wasn't in Kuwait getting refueled by female service members. Them chicks made some money, but I passed they were rather ugly.
Link Posted: 3/14/2016 8:09:14 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

My IQ can't afford any debauchery.  I'll just keep on being boring.
Link Posted: 3/14/2016 8:14:56 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

He’d been fighting to prove it ever since two young women accused the former history instructor at the U.S. Naval Academy of having sex with them while they were students. One of the women said the 2011 liaison — amid a drunken night of strip poker at his Annapolis home — was consensual and part of an ongoing relationship. The other called it rape.

At his court-martial, a nine-member jury had acquitted Thompson of the sexual assault charge but still found him guilty of five lesser offenses, including conduct unbecoming an officer, indecent conduct and fraternization.

The verdict devastated him, marring a career and reputation he’d built for more than two decades. On June 3, 2013, the combat veteran was sentenced to two months’ confinement in a military prison and fined $60,000, though his jurors stopped short of kicking him out of the service.
View Quote

He got lucky.

Link Posted: 3/14/2016 8:19:48 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
View Quote

This...

I was told early on the TAB will get you pussy, and the pussy will get your TAB....
Link Posted: 3/14/2016 8:47:02 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

He got lucky.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

He got lucky.

different spanks for different ranks.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top