User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 9
Link Posted: 5/2/2003 9:57:39 AM EDT
[#1]
See my comments in [red]red[/red].

Quoted:
BTW, Does the est.$150 include shipping to the member? [red]Yes[/red]

BTW #2, What is the watch face size?(ie:35,37,40MM, etc) [red]They didn't say.[/red]

BTW #3, Is the watch face going to be White with the AR in Black just as depicted? [red]I believe the color you see on the watch PR5104 is the color of the dial. It looks white, but it might be silver. [/red]

BTW #4, Will it say Fossil, anywhere on the watch? [red]If we do a full dial, Fossil's logo will be removed. However, their logo may be on the clasp.[/red]
View Quote

Quoted:
If you do a second run on these could you put MOLON LABE on the dial face. I would want one of them also.
View Quote

If we change it, there will probably be another setup fee involved. We could still add Molon Labe (with the correct font lettering) tot he first run, but I don't think we should clutter the dial, since that is a concern of many people.
Link Posted: 5/2/2003 10:52:19 AM EDT
[#2]
for 150 can't we do titanium?
Link Posted: 5/2/2003 11:41:37 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
View Quote

No. It would cost more, plus they do not offer Titanium as a customizable watch. Besides, titanium scratches easily and is hard to polish.

Here's the only decent Titanium watch (1 of 2) they offer as a normal model:
[url]http://www.fossil.com//images/products/big/TI5052.jpg[/url]

PS: The thread's topic is about signing up for an AR15.com watch referred to in the first post, not for discussing changes.
Link Posted: 5/2/2003 12:02:50 PM EDT
[#4]
I'm in  for 1one of the SS models
Link Posted: 5/2/2003 12:12:37 PM EDT
[#5]
i've got 10 bucks set aside so far

::sigh::

but you know what, to hell with it, i want one so put me down for one

if i dont have the cash by asking time i'll borrow the cash and sell one of my M18s

no, wait, i love my M18s, i'll sell my AN-M8

sucks being poor, but somebody has to pay for my wifes shoe habit
Link Posted: 5/2/2003 12:13:36 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 5/2/2003 12:19:02 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I know it's picky (anally so), but there are too many commas in the quote of the 2nd amendment. Just FYI.
View Quote

There are the correct amount of commas, as confirmed from various sources.
Link Posted: 5/2/2003 12:41:00 PM EDT
[#8]
I'm in for one..

-Niel
Link Posted: 5/2/2003 1:16:30 PM EDT
[#9]
when do we need to pay you?
Link Posted: 5/2/2003 1:23:41 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
when do we need to pay you?
View Quote

When I know the price: the rep will be getting me a quote, plus I found a way that I might be able to get them for a little better price, but I'm not sure cus we are doing custom watches.

Did you want one?
Link Posted: 5/2/2003 1:44:19 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote

Titanium watches look great for the first 5 minutes of ownership.  After that, they degrade to a crappy looking watch in no time at all!
Link Posted: 5/2/2003 3:43:38 PM EDT
[#12]
Like I said, I want one.

I do not however want a small (35MM) face, as that is just too small.

Please find out the face size and the color. I went to the Fossil web site, but they don't even list the model number you put in the start of the thread.
Link Posted: 5/2/2003 3:54:30 PM EDT
[#13]
Put me down for 1.

Link Posted: 5/2/2003 4:10:26 PM EDT
[#14]
I want one, count me in.
Link Posted: 5/2/2003 5:04:01 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 5/2/2003 6:44:49 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

Titanium watches look great for the first 5 minutes of ownership.  After that, they degrade to a crappy looking watch in no time at all!
View Quote
I guess after 3 years of wearing the same titanium fossil watch its time to trash it?  The thing still looks great after everyday wear
View Quote

Well, then I can only come to 2 conclusions:
1. Titanium is actually better than I thought. NO
2. Your definition of everyday wear is not as rugged. YES

I have seen scratched Ti demo units at jewelry stores.  Those units certainly do not go through as tough a day as a normal person.  Simply resting your arms on a countertop or computer desk will scratch ANY watch band or the clock part if it happened to be turned inward.
Stainless Steel will scratch too, but it is not as distinct as on a Ti surface.  Plus stainless steel is easy to refinish as long as there are not accents like paint, powder coat, plating, etc.
I also like the shiny silver look of stainless steel.

Link Posted: 5/2/2003 6:58:21 PM EDT
[#17]
Will you guys DROP THE TITANIUM discussion??? This is about wanting an AR15.com watch, not discussing what model is better...

If I get a Titanium watch, it will be the one shown in my avatar: Ti on Ti.
Link Posted: 5/2/2003 7:39:06 PM EDT
[#18]
Energizer,

THANK YOU! for getting this together and thanks to others who helped!

I want AT LEAST (1), dependant upon pricing, etc.

I may also get a ladies version for my wife and little girl (depending on pricing, looks, etc.) keep us informed if they become available.

Bitch time:  Why is it that people can't just accept what is being offered and shut up about it?  If you want one but it; if not shut up!  Several days and pages of threads went into the research and suggestion and comments development for this project; the time for comments was THEN, not now.

This thread is to be used for Energizer to use to determine who wants one, not for bitching or discussing personal beliefs.  His time is valuable and he's probably put in tons of work; having to read through all the garbage when he simply asked for a count wastes even more of his time.

I love this site.  I truly feel fortunate to have it; but I get so frustrated with people trying to hijack and bitch about stuff all the time.  The threads should contain only what they are labeled - period!  Start another if you feel the need.  Show some respect!

Just had to vent;  thanks again for all the hard work!
Link Posted: 5/2/2003 9:34:56 PM EDT
[#19]
Why are they so much?

How come we gotta know so soon?

Can we change this/that?

Whaaa [;D]

Link Posted: 5/2/2003 9:54:31 PM EDT
[#20]
Oh hell, I'm interested in one.
Link Posted: 5/2/2003 11:28:33 PM EDT
[#21]
1 please.  Thanks for your effort on this.
Link Posted: 5/3/2003 5:23:28 AM EDT
[#22]
1 for me please.
Link Posted: 5/3/2003 6:58:11 AM EDT
[#23]
I'll take one!
Link Posted: 5/3/2003 1:07:59 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 5/3/2003 5:08:25 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Will you guys DROP THE TITANIUM discussion??? This is about wanting an AR15.com watch, not discussing what model is better...
View Quote

You're so cute when you get mad.  [:P]

Any new details?

Link Posted: 5/3/2003 5:45:36 PM EDT
[#26]
How many so far?  I think I counted 86.  No wait, that's the number of Bud Lights I've consumed.  No, actually that's the watch count I made.  Sorry.
Link Posted: 5/3/2003 8:56:14 PM EDT
[#27]
I'd be in for 1 atleast maybe more depending on final price.
Link Posted: 5/4/2003 2:55:37 AM EDT
[#28]
hi
nice looking watches!
i will take two of them.
are they made in the usa?
where do i send the funds to?
you will take paypal?
thanks
randy
Link Posted: 5/4/2003 4:12:43 AM EDT
[#29]
My suggestion to energizer: do not use PAYPAL as they have [b]always[/b] been anti-gun!
Link Posted: 5/4/2003 5:10:58 AM EDT
[#30]
Hey! Add me to the list,for 1 watch Please.I prefer the darker face over the white one if possible.
I need a digital watch to tell time though[:D]
Link Posted: 5/4/2003 6:15:56 AM EDT
[#31]
Hello

Put me down for 2 plz
Link Posted: 5/4/2003 7:18:46 AM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 5/4/2003 7:33:02 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
How many so far?  I think I counted 86.  No wait, that's the number of Bud Lights I've consumed.  No, actually that's the watch count I made.  Sorry.
View Quote

Have another drink, the count is currently 63.
Link Posted: 5/4/2003 7:34:27 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
hi
nice looking watches!
i will take two of them.
are they made in the usa? [red] No. [/red]
where do i send the funds to? [red] When I know the pricing, this will be revealed. [/red]
you will take paypal? [red] No. [/red]
thanks
randy
View Quote
Link Posted: 5/4/2003 9:58:32 AM EDT
[#35]
Energizer.......PUT ME DOWN FOR 1

Thanks!!!
Link Posted: 5/4/2003 12:10:41 PM EDT
[#36]
roughly 70 people X $150 bucks = $10,500

any chance we could just collectively buy a registered full auto M-16?

of course being the true gentleman that i am, i would gladly store it for us

[0:)]
Link Posted: 5/4/2003 1:46:30 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 5/4/2003 4:03:23 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Wouldn't you get the money faster and not have to worry about checks clearing in time if you took PayPal??
Would also include folks with no ready cash and want to use a CC.
View Quote

If AR15.com would like to handle the Paypal payments for this venture, and forward me the money, that would be great.
Link Posted: 5/4/2003 4:07:00 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
hi
nice looking watches!
i will take two of them.
are they made in the usa? [red] No. [/red]
where do i send the funds to? [red] When I know the pricing, this will be revealed. [/red]
you will take paypal? [red] No. [/red]
thanks
randy
View Quote
View Quote

Wouldn't you get the money faster and not have to worry about checks clearing in time if you took PayPal??
Would also include folks with no ready cash and want to use a CC.
View Quote

I second the question about CC pmt method
Link Posted: 5/4/2003 4:17:53 PM EDT
[#40]
Im in for one.
Link Posted: 5/4/2003 4:32:37 PM EDT
[#41]
Aw, screw it.  I'm in.  Is there any chance of getting a black face?
Link Posted: 5/4/2003 6:14:26 PM EDT
[#42]
I'll take 1 if credit cards can be used.
Link Posted: 5/4/2003 6:32:02 PM EDT
[#43]
1 for me [:D]

so long as they are not banned here already [:(]
Link Posted: 5/4/2003 6:36:38 PM EDT
[#44]
Energizer,
I finaly got an email back from O/W.

Dear Mr. Gaspain

Thank you for your e-mail dated April 23rd.  I was away from office until
April 29th.

The price of model M-4, with date and stainless steel bracelet would be Sfr.
198.-  and delivery time appr. 4 weeks after receipt of your OK for the
logo, and down payment of 50% of order amount.

You would have to send me a print of the logo " art work " , in order to
proceed. Let me know if you need additional information. Best regards    A.
Wajs
View Quote

Im not trying to be a penis, but Im going to be a penis, I realy wish that you didnt rush the whole design process.

Oh well, I'll let him know that we wont be ordering any Ollech and Wajs.

Hell, I'll just get one for myself, good luck with the Fossils

edited to add: oh ya $198.00 Swiss is $146.89 USD, damn damn damn
Link Posted: 5/4/2003 6:56:14 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Im not trying to be a penis, but Im going to be a penis, I realy wish that you didnt rush the whole design process.

View Quote

I didn't really rush this. They were out of the office-- how were we to know? I just don't want a project that will drag on for months...

I wouldn't rule them out either. We can review their offer and compare with the offer we get for the Fossils, as stated before.

We could always order from both, depending on if we meet the minimum quantities or not, and people can decide which model they want. Same applies to the Fossil women's models-- only problem: large quanitites of the same model give us price breaks. For Fossil, you need a minimum of 25, but things sometimes are negotiable.

Send me the information on the Ollech and Wajs, and verify that quote includes the price with the custom dial and custom case-back engraving. Send him the photos of the artwork from page 1 of this thread. IM me your email address and chat IDs if you have them (AOL, ICQ, Messenger, Yahoo).

PS: see if you can get a quanity discount too. Maybe at least a small group of us will get this watch, if it comes out to be too expensive. I prefer the automatic movement, as well as the better quality.

Gaspain, are you sure of this: "they have a Rolex Automatic movement in them!" Just because its automatic does not mean its Rolex.

FYI: for those who don't know what we are referring to:

O & W -  M4 - Divers Watch : 200M Water Resistant. 25 Jewel Automatic ETA 2824-2 with hack seconds. 40mm All steel case with screw on back.  Heavy mineral glass . Screw down crown. Supplied on steel Oyster style bracelet with solid links and wet suit extension.

[img]http://rltwatches.com/owm4d.JPG[/img]
Link Posted: 5/4/2003 6:58:17 PM EDT
[#46]
I'm in as well.  I'm a sucker for watches....
Link Posted: 5/4/2003 7:38:00 PM EDT
[#47]
$150 or under, count me in for one.
Excellent job on the design!
Link Posted: 5/4/2003 8:07:06 PM EDT
[#48]
Energizer,

I know that in my earlier post when I was bitchin about everybody wanting to change things and fuss about what you had worked hard to do, I seemed to contradict what I'm about to say.  But if you are going to offer the better watch (diving compatible with better durability), I'll probably be more interested in getting one of those!  If the price is reasonable , haha, waiting and watching for the results.  Thanks again for yours and all the other's work.

I already posted that I want at least one, so don't recount; just wanted to express preference for better model if available.

Alan
Link Posted: 5/4/2003 8:13:10 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Energizer,

I know that in my earlier post when I was bitchin about everybody wanting to change things and fuss about what you had worked hard to do, I seemed to contradict what I'm about to say.  But if you are going to offer the better watch (diving compatible with better durability), I'll probably be more interested in getting one of those!  If the price is reasonable , haha, waiting and watching for the results.  Thanks again for yours and all the other's work.

I already posted that I want at least one, so don't recount; just wanted to express preference for better model if available.

Alan
View Quote

I always wanted the better quality watch. However, several people do not want to spend a lot of money on a watch, so I think we should continue with the Fossil since they appear to be of okay quality and value, and reprints are easy and cheaper to do, as long as we meet the minimum, and possibly try to get the other brand as well, for those who want to spend more money.
Link Posted: 5/4/2003 8:29:13 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Energizer,
I finaly got an email back from O/W.

Dear Mr. Gaspain

Thank you for your e-mail dated April 23rd.  I was away from office until
April 29th.

The price of model M-4, with date and stainless steel bracelet would be Sfr.
198.-  and delivery time appr. 4 weeks after receipt of your OK for the
logo, and down payment of 50% of order amount.

You would have to send me a print of the logo " art work " , in order to
proceed. Let me know if you need additional information. Best regards    A.
Wajs
View Quote

View Quote

Not to be ass or a whiner about this, but if we can get an O&W automatic for anywhere near what the Fossil would cost, why even bother looking at the Fossil?

I am into watches and O&W is a far more reliable and of much better quality than Fossil. You would be getting an ETA movement, tougher overall watch for around the same price.

If the amount of people who have said they want a watch actually comes through, I don't see why there wouldn't be a big discount by O&W for an order that large.

Why don't we see what they have to say for themselves?

Just make it at least 37MM with a Black face and I'm in.
Page / 9
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top