Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 9
Link Posted: 5/4/2003 9:13:40 PM EDT
[#1]
Energizer,
Dammit man...sorry

I feel like a shit head, I should have contacted you personally about the O/W.

You put all this work into this deal and I dont want to muddy the waters. Keep up the good work

Once again thank you for the effort you put into this and ARFcom.
Link Posted: 5/4/2003 9:32:56 PM EDT
[#2]
Hmm...being that I have never dealt with AR15s, only military weapons this might be a stupid question but isnt the picture on the watch an M4? I thought an AR15 was aestheticly similar to an M16. Is it still considered an AR15 even with the shorter handgaurds?
Link Posted: 5/4/2003 9:51:19 PM EDT
[#3]
I'm in for the O/W if it goes through. Thanks to the both of you, especially Energizer.
Link Posted: 5/4/2003 10:01:47 PM EDT
[#4]
I'm with MMX1 and others, I'm in for the O/W if it goes through even if higher than the fossil. Great job Energizer on getting this done.

Mark
Link Posted: 5/5/2003 4:00:41 AM EDT
[#5]
I will take an O/W over the fossil if thats the way it goes....thank for the work Energizer....
Link Posted: 5/5/2003 4:08:20 AM EDT
[#6]
E-man...put me down for one if theres still room!!  thanks amigo!

Styk
Link Posted: 5/5/2003 4:10:49 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Hmm...being that I have never dealt with AR15s, only military weapons this might be a stupid question but isnt the picture on the watch an M4? I thought an AR15 was aestheticly similar to an M16. Is it still considered an AR15 even with the shorter handgaurds?
View Quote
This has been brought up, but the M4 is already on the AR15.com logo (see website) so it would be even more confusing.
Link Posted: 5/5/2003 4:13:46 AM EDT
[#8]
I like the fossil.
That O/W is one ugly ass watch!
And the O/W is NOT even close to the same price as the Fossil. (THERE ARE CUSTOMIZATION CHARGES AND SETUP FEES.)
Link Posted: 5/5/2003 5:05:56 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
And the O/W is NOT even close to the same price as the Fossil. (THERE ARE CUSTOMIZATION CHARGES AND SETUP FEES.)
View Quote

SuperAlpha is correct-- and don't forget shipping and handling, from them to me, then to you.

I have enough interest for the Fossil count. Most people don't want to spend more than $150.

Just recently, the O/W was mentioned. It is now Monday, and I am freezing the Fossil count, as stated in my first post. Posts above this one that I am posting now, will be considered, so I can give a count to the sales rep for a quote. Continue to add posts to update your watch count (I won't see if you edited your previous posts). I've been keeping count on page 2.

I will be looking into the O/W watches, but do not have all of the information on pricing. If this works out, I will be getting a few of these ordered, but that may take some time.

Fossil seems to be working rather quickly with us.
Link Posted: 5/5/2003 6:15:49 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 5/5/2003 6:23:38 AM EDT
[#11]
Can we get titanium O&W?  [;D]
Link Posted: 5/5/2003 7:36:45 AM EDT
[#12]
Erm, if you're asking for a commitment, then,

I can only buy one watch. I'll sit and wait on the 0/W and see if we can get it to work.(would I still be able to jump in the Fossil buy once you get the quote from Fossil?).

As far as the ladies are concerned, you might want to start up another thread with LADIES WATCHES in bold and all caps. Cross-post on the women shooters board, too.
Link Posted: 5/5/2003 7:51:36 AM EDT
[#13]
Energizer: in regards to the blue * next to my name in the count:
I am in for the watch that gets made for the group be it the fossil or the O/W......
Link Posted: 5/5/2003 8:32:44 AM EDT
[#14]
I'll take one!
Link Posted: 5/5/2003 9:13:11 AM EDT
[#15]
To clarify:  If we're getting the fossil, I'll buy one, but I'd prefere an O/W if they can be had for not much more than the Fossil.
Link Posted: 5/5/2003 5:34:32 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
To clarify:  If we're getting the fossil, I'll buy one, but I'd prefere an O/W if they can be had for not much more than the Fossil.
View Quote

I'm with this guy.  I want one watch.  I'll be more than happy to take the fossil (either model).  However, if the O/W is being made up I would purchase that one instead.   Thanks for your efforts and energies going into this watch.  It is appreciated by many.
Link Posted: 5/5/2003 7:16:31 PM EDT
[#17]
Im in.
Link Posted: 5/5/2003 7:42:30 PM EDT
[#18]
What? No limited edition number?
Link Posted: 5/5/2003 9:24:12 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 6:42:32 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
What? No limited edition number?
View Quote

Nope-- no number.

There is something being planned that will be slightly different on future runs (if they can do it), and possibly a major change (for the worse) (if they can do it)... [:D]

I would suggest if you want the 1st edition, you act now...

BTW: Email was sent yesterday for a quote on the O/W watches. I am going to continue to get watches made by Fossil, not sure if we will get the O/W watches in time, if we get them at all... those who prefer the O/W model, but will take a Fossil, will have to make up their minds, or plan on getting both or you may lose out if we don't get the custom O/W watches...
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 11:36:10 AM EDT
[#21]
Energizer: When was Fossil suppossed to get with you regarding final information??
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 11:51:36 AM EDT
[#22]
Here's the response from Mr. Wajs:
Thank you for your detailed information.  I am attaching a picture of the M.4 which dial is similar to that of the Rolex Submariner. ....  [red]Producing a dial with special logo for a few watches only, would [size=3]sizably inflate[/size=3] the cost.[/red]

Before I make a calculation, it is absolutely necessary that you put the artwork on paper, in he actual dial size, which is 28,5mm.  What seems feasible in a large diameter, looks very different in actual size. [blue]I think putting the whole artwork on a 28,5mm dial would not look nice, unless eventually, there are no other figures on the dial, no indexes, and no date window.[/blue]
View Quote

I printed a sample of a watch face with the AR15.com logo and M4, at 300dpi on a laser printer. Looks okay... Will probably look better when the vector art is used to produce a sharp silk-screen image.

Maybe we should use a Fossil as our test-case for the O/W logo size?

I will get back with Mr. Wajs soon to get an estimate, but I doubt we will be getting these unless there is enough interest to reduce the customization costs.
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 12:13:18 PM EDT
[#23]
I would be interested in the O/W version if Automatic refers to selfwinding.

If it is impractical to do the face logo, might it be feasible and affordable to do a raised embossing on the clasp if it is a take off on the Rolex?

Link Posted: 5/6/2003 12:50:03 PM EDT
[#24]
If you are going to do later editions and different watches can we please have an identifing feature on the original fossils indicating 1st edition?  It's for our self-esteem, u know?
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 12:58:53 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
If you are going to do later editions and different watches can we please have an identifing feature on the original fossils indicating 1st edition?  It's for our self-esteem, u know?
View Quote

Ummm... I already addressed this question about 5-6 posts back...
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 5:22:55 PM EDT
[#26]
Energizer, We owe you a beer, or`two, or thirty!  What a headache!  Thanks, thanks, and double thanks for all your work.  I still want a watch, regardless, would prefer the high quality, but will take whatever we get if just the one is made by fossil.  If we get better ones, let me know.

now, I for one am willing to chip in $5 a piece to buy you a watch since you put in all this work.  It's the least we can do.  At $5 per , with 75 people getting watches, we would have $375 to buy you one and make a present to Ed as a show of appreciation for the site to begin with.

ANYBODY AGREE WITH ME?????

What's $5 to take care and help pay for all his hard work ( and for you pessimistic types, I was not asked by Engergizer to do this - dont know the guy).  And Ed deserves one too, kinda like a retirement watch, cause we sure have put some grey hairs on him, I'm sure.

SOUNDS LIKE A PLAN.  ANYBODY AGREE?
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 6:38:19 PM EDT
[#27]
I agree and could add $5 bucks to my order. I think Energizer should get one on us.

BTW....whats wrong with the avatars?...I dont see em anymore...just red Xs.
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 6:40:19 PM EDT
[#28]
Why don't you think Fossil is high quality?
They make a lot of stylish watches, they can't be all that bad.  [b]In fact, there is an 11 year warranty on it![/b]

Your FOSSIL brand watch is warranted by Fossil for a period of 11 years from the date of purchase under the terms and conditions of this warranty. The Fossil Warranty covers material and manufacturing defects.

During the warranty period the watch movement, hands and dial are the only components covered under this warranty. These will be repaired or the watch will be replaced (at the sole discretion of Metro Service Center) free of repair charges, if it proves to be defective in material or workmanship under normal use. A $7.50 return shipping and handling fee applies to all warranty and non-warranty service.

The warranty does not cover:

battery, crystal, strap or bracelet
damage resulting from improper handling, lack of care, accidents or normal wear and tear
Water damage unless marked water-resistant
This warranty is void if the watch has been damaged by accident, negligence, unauthorized service, or other factors not due to defects in materials or workmanship.

If the problem is not covered by warranty or if your warranty has expired, the service and repair charges are as follows:

$15.00 Battery replacement; this includes return shipping and handling fee.
$25.00 Total charges for repair of all components not covered under warranty; this includes the return shipping and handling fee.
Should service be required, please send your watch, a copy of your sales receipt, description of the problem, and check, money order (payable to Metro Service Center) or credit card information to:

Metro Service Center
10615 Sanden Drive
Dallas, TX 75238
Note:This address is for mail-in only

Your watch will be repaired and returned to you within 3 to 5 weeks of the date that we receive your package. We encourage you to send your package certified, insured or through a traceable shipper. Metro Service Center is not responsible for lost or stolen packages.
View Quote

Hell, Rolex used to be lifetime, but they only warrant for 1 year now.
I think Fossil is going to be the best quality for the money.  If I wanted a higher quality watch, I would skip O/W and go to Citizen or Seiko.  Or....anyone want an Omega or Breitling?
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 7:00:04 PM EDT
[#29]
The O/W M4 watch is $240 USD ($149 pounds).
Then you have to add custom screening, NRE's, etc.
(That Swiss conversion on page 4 was wrong, btw.)
For that kind of money, I would rather invest in a nice Seiko.
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 7:09:33 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Energizer, We owe you a beer, or`two, or thirty!  What a headache!  Thanks, thanks, and double thanks for all your work.  I still want a watch, regardless, would prefer the high quality, but will take whatever we get if just the one is made by fossil.  If we get better ones, let me know.

now, I for one am willing to chip in $5 a piece to buy you a watch since you put in all this work.  It's the least we can do.  At $5 per , with 75 people getting watches, we would have $375 to buy you one and make a present to Ed as a show of appreciation for the site to begin with.

ANYBODY AGREE WITH ME?????

What's $5 to take care and help pay for all his hard work ( and for you pessimistic types, I was not asked by Engergizer to do this - dont know the guy).  And Ed deserves one too, kinda like a retirement watch, cause we sure have put some grey hairs on him, I'm sure.

SOUNDS LIKE A PLAN.  ANYBODY AGREE?
View Quote

Quoted:
I agree and could add $5 bucks to my order. I think Energizer should get one on us.
View Quote

Thanks for the thought. That is a great idea. [:D]

[b]Don't forget Sumo2000!!! He helped with the vector designs.[/b]

I will figure out all of the pricing when I get the quotes from Fossil or O/W. I already have some ideas for AR15.com too.

I doubt we will meet the 75. Looking at previous group buys, people usually back out and about 1/3 to 1/2 actually commit and send money. We will see though.

Also, if you don't get in on the first run, the next run (if it goes according to my plan) may be slightly different, possibly even drastically different [:D]. (And no, I am not telling you what the differences are! hehe)
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 7:11:26 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
The O/W M4 watch is $240 USD ($149 pounds).
Then you have to add custom screening, NRE's, etc.
(That Swiss conversion on page 4 was wrong, btw.)
For that kind of money, I would rather invest in a nice Seiko.
View Quote

Actually, the retail price is about $255-$250 USD. I know the wholesale price (which is A LOT less), which I might be able to swing depending on quantity... but the customization costs will be high.
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 5:44:24 AM EDT
[#32]
I figure if you do sell 70 to 75 and MOST people add $5 bucks to their order then there will be enough for Sumo2000 too.
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 7:44:54 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
I figure if you do sell 70 to 75 and MOST people add $5 bucks to their order then there will be enough for Sumo2000 too.
View Quote

Don't worry about it. We will come up with pricing soon.... Now I just found out they have to put me in touch with a local distributor when we agree on the design!

FYI: I received some sample renderings, which I will try and post soon. They made a couple mistakes (mainly: white should be transparent). It also looks like the cheaper model, the one with the black dial (our second choice) that is not 100% stainless steel, may be the best looking!!! So we may go that route! (which is what the poll indicated anyway [:D])
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 8:14:55 AM EDT
[#34]
Here are their sample renderings.

Couple mistakes, which they are working on and resending to me:

For the black dial, they are to use a transparent AR15, with Silver outline, not black. Also, silver outline would be around the AR15.com lettering, and the 100 METERS would be in silver.

For the silver dial: make the white on the M4 transparent.

Casebacks: transparent M4.

PS: Here's the case & dial sizes: [b]CASE MEASURES 1.34" / DIAL MEASURES APROX. 1 1/8"[/b]

[b][red]See Post #1 for pictures.[/red][/b]
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 8:33:46 AM EDT
[#35]
even with some mistakes...they look pretty sweet....
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 8:44:14 AM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 8:55:54 AM EDT
[#37]
Those are looking good!

I'm in for one pending final pricing.

RF
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 10:35:17 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Those are looking good!

RF
View Quote

You are either in or out...you know the worst case is $150...so which is it?
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 10:37:58 AM EDT
[#39]
I think the black face looks better to if that means anything to anybody.
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 10:57:42 AM EDT
[#40]
I think the black face is what everyone likes. Afterall, it is the one that won the original poll.

We'll see when I get the final pics with the M4 picture corrected.

Then I will make a final decision. When I get the final quote, I will let you guys know how much to send ASAP.
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 10:59:36 AM EDT
[#41]
Oh yeah: if the outline in Silver does not work correctly for the M4, I may have them fill it with light gray or something...? (Colt Gray? hehe)
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 11:07:52 AM EDT
[#42]
I like the black one!
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 11:21:16 AM EDT
[#43]
This post deleted because it added nothing to the thread and was out of place.

Sorry, Energizer.

RF
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 11:25:47 AM EDT
[#44]
i think AWB has a hell of an idea, i'll throw in some extra cash to buy you guys a watch in appreciation.
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 11:32:20 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
And who the fuck are you anyway? The goddamn watch police?

I'll handle this with Energizer unless someone tells me you are the appointed contact..if so, try some fucking manners.

[red]If not, go piss up a rope.[/red]

Clear enough?

RF
View Quote

Yes, SuperAlpha WAS correct (but that deadline has passed). Before Monday, either you were in or out, knowing the max price is probably $150 for whichever of the Fossil Watches we decide to get...

However, we already have a pre-count since the deadline was Monday. Others are more than welcome to jump in on the first run.

I might add: that if you miss the first run, the next runs will not be as cool... [:D] (intentionally)

BTW: What does this mean? "go piss up a rope"
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 11:32:42 AM EDT
[#46]
And where are your manners?  It is fucking obvious that the price will be $150 at the worst case.  So why is it that you cannot commit to one, pending final price??
Don't waste your posts here - you obviously do not want a watch.
GO AWAY.
-The Watch Police

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Those are looking good!

RF
View Quote

View Quote

I'll handle this with Energizer unless someone tells me you are the appointed contact..if so, try some fucking manners.

If not, go piss up a rope.

Clear enough?

RF
View Quote
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 11:39:17 AM EDT
[#47]
Ok guys: That's enough...
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 11:42:27 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
And where are your manners?  It is fucking obvious that the price will be $150 at the worst case.  So why is it that you cannot commit to one, pending final price??
Don't waste your posts here - you obviously do not want a watch.
GO AWAY.
-The Watch Police

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Those are looking good!

RF
View Quote

View Quote

If not, go piss up a rope.

Clear enough?

RF
View Quote
View Quote

I want a WATCH POLICE t-shirt...  [:P]
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 11:58:06 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

I want a WATCH POLICE t-shirt...  [:P]
View Quote

[LOLabove][LOLabove]

RF
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 1:01:53 PM EDT
[#50]
Page / 9
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top